Belsize House Reviews

40 Belsize Park Gardens, London, England

The rooms were not properly cleaned, the sink in my room was full of the hair of previous guests. They don't give towels, not even for rent and don't advertise it, very inconvenient for people on short stays. The shower was small, dirty and inadequate. The walls are paper thin, so I could not sleep with the noise of other rooms and the bed had broken slates, so sleeping was not exactly comfortable. And breakfast starts at 9, quite late if you need to start the day early.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Good hostel.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

It was a decent distance to the station, but it would have been lovely to be closer. As I had work the next day I had an early check out, I would have preferred to be able to check out earlier than 7:30; the time they gave me for check out was 7, but I wasn't able to begin the process until 7:30. The hostel was fantastic value for money when I booked on here and the single beds was a great advantage.

I was pleasantly surprised by the room. There were only 3 beds, in the size of a room that other hostels would stack 10 people in. The lockable wardrobes were huge, and I also had a nightstand and even a sink in the room. I'll admit I had a bit of trouble finding the place, but the staff were kind. They also include a breakfast, but note that it is essentially just bread, cereal and instant coffee (still, that's more than most hostels offer). I would come here again.

The place were so nice, but neighbors make a lot of noise at night... Toilet and Shower was terrible, bad smell, small and so dirty.

Very good value for money.Really enjoyed our stay here.The manager and his staff were always ready to help.Will stay again.Thank you Belsize house for your hospitality.

Good hostel, rooms with lots of room in it (to be a hostel), but quite uncomfortable showers and no fridges at all to keep something in the fridge. You cannot cook for yourself, you have to cook what you're given. But I would go back there, it's a good hostel.

• 24th Aug 2014

Hard to ask questions cuz' the staff poor english. And cheap breakfast. Oterwise ok.

The manager, Renato, and all members of the staff are very kind and helpful. I only took breakfast here, and the food was nice and in unlimited quantity. I was in a three bed room (not a crowdy dormitoray!) with two friendly spanish guys. Besides, it's only a few minutes from tube station and bus stops.

• 20th Aug 2014

以倫敦來說 是不可多得的好店

Big room, lots of space, wardrobes, definite value for money. The neighbourhood is stunning, super close to belsize station. I'd stay here again in a heart beat.

We arrived to find out we were in different rooms! Building needs tlc

• 15th Aug 2014

that was alright....

Good hostel and very decent price, really nice, quiet area of London but close to Camden. The rooms are basic but very clean. Would stay here again

• 11th Aug 2014

They Hostel is pretty good, i booked a 5 bed room for me and my friend and they gave us a 2 bed room so that was great, the breakfast is good. The bad point is that i saw some dust on the floor , but just that. The hostel is fair for what you pay.

• 8th Aug 2014

You have what you pay for: the hostel is quite cheap but a bit far from the centre. Nothing is planned for security of your stuff (lockers), shower cabins are very small. A nice place to sleep for a convenient price however.

Everything was fantastic :), perfect place, nice staff

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Spain

For what you pay it does the job. Mostly longtermers so don't expect a travellers' atmosphere. The first room I was given with supposedly 2 beds free was absolutely filthy. Was switched to another when I went back rather than coming to check. The 2nd building was quite old and worn. WiFi was great though. You had a set of drawers but no lockers.

Very nice location and very well-connected to the city centre. The building is a bit old but clean enough. I stayed for a couple of nights by myself in a 5-bed female dorm and really enjoyed it. There are no bunk beds but single beds, and each one has its own bedside table and wardrobe, both equipped with large drawers to store your things - I didn't expect to have so much room! Very good place for long-term stays, I guess.

• 27th Jun 2014