Belsize House Reviews

40 Belsize Park Gardens, London, England

tidy, quiet place in good London location. Seems to have a lot of long term residents. Well worth a stay.

Very good all round. Very clean and good value. Only minor improvements could be in showers: hooks/ shelves for clothes etc, fix extractor fan, remove mouldy carpet outside door (probably due to moisture from shower). Also I missed breakfast - staff could mention times verbally to people when checking in as more restricted than normal B&B (although it is printed on a ticket).

• 15th Feb 2015

Great stay with the exception of dripping water from the radiator and squeeky bed. Very safe and wonderful room mate. I will be back for another short stay.

Nice neighborhood and the tube is easy to navigate but this location is a decent length tube ride away from all the main attractions!!

I really felt secure in this hostel with the added advantage that it is nice to be with lots of people. The location and the other people living and sharing in the hostel is really amazing for London. I was happy here and recommend it to anyone wishing to feel included whilst not paying the earth to live in London for a day or two.

A wonderful, quiet place to stay. The only negatives would be, the beds make noise every time you move and the receptionist is not always at their desk, so you may be waiting around to check-in/out

Perhaps less of an atmosphere because there was no welcome at the threshold as with some hostels where the reception is visible from the door . Security did not seem to be a worry however sometime the hostels where there are always people coming and going and using the landings and other areas to sit and hang out provides more security that just having locked doors.

Our stay was better than expected. We received a private room for just the two of us. The room was clean and looks really new. Belsize was really near to the tube station and quite because it's situated in residential area. However, it can be too quite to walk at night and that makes us feel a bit cautious. Only drawback is the sharing shower room is very small! We have to keep pressing the knob to keep the water running. The dining room stinks like rats pee or something. Do something about it!

I like this place - the atmosphere is good - friendly and home like

They need showers that don't turn of after ten seconds.

Bed was really uncomfortable, springs were so painful to sleep on. Shower is a 10 second button operated one. Not very clean and always had a bad smell like sewerage in the hallways.

The rooms were not properly cleaned, the sink in my room was full of the hair of previous guests. They don't give towels, not even for rent and don't advertise it, very inconvenient for people on short stays. The shower was small, dirty and inadequate. The walls are paper thin, so I could not sleep with the noise of other rooms and the bed had broken slates, so sleeping was not exactly comfortable. And breakfast starts at 9, quite late if you need to start the day early.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Good hostel.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

It was a decent distance to the station, but it would have been lovely to be closer. As I had work the next day I had an early check out, I would have preferred to be able to check out earlier than 7:30; the time they gave me for check out was 7, but I wasn't able to begin the process until 7:30. The hostel was fantastic value for money when I booked on here and the single beds was a great advantage.

I was pleasantly surprised by the room. There were only 3 beds, in the size of a room that other hostels would stack 10 people in. The lockable wardrobes were huge, and I also had a nightstand and even a sink in the room. I'll admit I had a bit of trouble finding the place, but the staff were kind. They also include a breakfast, but note that it is essentially just bread, cereal and instant coffee (still, that's more than most hostels offer). I would come here again.

The place were so nice, but neighbors make a lot of noise at night... Toilet and Shower was terrible, bad smell, small and so dirty.

Very good value for money.Really enjoyed our stay here.The manager and his staff were always ready to help.Will stay again.Thank you Belsize house for your hospitality.

Good hostel, rooms with lots of room in it (to be a hostel), but quite uncomfortable showers and no fridges at all to keep something in the fridge. You cannot cook for yourself, you have to cook what you're given. But I would go back there, it's a good hostel.

• 24th Aug 2014

Hard to ask questions cuz' the staff poor english. And cheap breakfast. Oterwise ok.

The manager, Renato, and all members of the staff are very kind and helpful. I only took breakfast here, and the food was nice and in unlimited quantity. I was in a three bed room (not a crowdy dormitoray!) with two friendly spanish guys. Besides, it's only a few minutes from tube station and bus stops.

• 20th Aug 2014