Ben Guesthouse Reviews

4/4,4/11 Chiangmai-Lamphun Rd., Soi 2, Watkate, Mu, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The rooms, especially bathrooms are a bit run-down, but for the price it's good! And The owner who runs the hostel is very lovely and helpful. It is not far to walk from there into town. I'd stay there again!

Perfect for the price and the owners are very good! Thank you!

Staff excellent and helpful Shower disgusting Room dirty Room noisy in morning. Very thin walls Wifi difficult to connect initially. After this was ok 20/25 minute walk to town

• 2nd Feb 2014

This is not the first stay for us at Ben G/H but the management have changed. At the moment there is no restaurant which is fine because there are plenty of eating places not too far away. It's in a great location. The management are really friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are spacious and have hot showers and western toilets, the beds are very comfy. There is free WI-FI. The bicycles are free too. This guest house is definitely worth staying at - highly recommended.

Not the best of places. Very dirty. So if you can handle that it's bearable. Location was really nice though. It's on the other side of the river, a little ways from the old city and tourist area. bikes or motorbikes are sort of a must for Chiang Mai anyway.

For 200 THB a day could not ask for more. The place does need a bit of maintenance and cleaning too but nothing major and doing the work might push the price up too :-) Great people who could not have been more helpful.

For the budget traveller, this is a great place: very friendly, knowledgable and helpful staff; a great little place for meeting people out the back, and adequate rooms. Own bathroom a real bonus at this price. Ignore the comments about cleanliness. This is Asia. When rates are as low as this, how could you afford to pay enough staff. I'm a granny. I coped. It's good for ya, living as the other half live. Many couldn't afford a place like this. Live it. Love it!

Good location, near the night market, straight road into the old city via the Nawarat Bridge, close to the Rail and Bus Stations. Ensuite which was a surprise, few mosquitoes though which was a little off putting. Bring your own blanket, bed with bottom sheet, pillows and pillow cases. Ceiling fan good but loud, lower number means faster. Would stay again, good value for money, had a kitchen and living room type area, can organise tours. Helpful staff.

very friendly and helpful, but need to clean the place better

This place is ok for one night if just arriving in Chiang Mai. I ended up with a room that had a bathroom with lots of ants. I'm sure not all the rooms are like this but I drew the short straw this time I guess. Overall it was quiet, staff were helpful and one night staying was adequate.

Nice location. Walking distance from river to access both old city and night bazaar. Not for party people but quite peaceful and relaxing. Originally we were staying one day then trekking but we stayed 3 nights after our trek! Great staff and so helpful! Definitely would stay here again!!

The hostel has a good atmosphere and a nice sitting area on the balcony. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only problem I had with our stay was that the room was rather dirty. We tried to clean off the ceiling fan, which looked like it had been collecting dust for years, but when we turned it on it still showered dust everywhere. The price is great and my friends and I enjoyed our stay, but our room just needed a good cleaning.

Very friendly and helpful owners, walking distance to the main markets

Extremely nice people, good atmosphere and cosy guesthouse ;)

• 22nd Jan 2013
  • Faroe Islands

A bit of a walk to reach everything in town, but good a lot of good information on tours in the area.

It was very dirty and without hot water in the shower, it is quite far from eny interesting place. However the staff is prety friendly

The staff were the friendliest i've met in all my travels across Indochina. The food from the restaurant is amazing and garden makes for a great place to meet fellow travelers. I liked it so much i went back after completing the Mae Hong Son loop. The garden is like a zoo too having seen 2 breeds of snake, the biggest spider i've ever seen squirrels n' birds. I wouldn't be surprised if the next time i go there's monkeys there too. A truly wonderful place many thanks to everyone there :)

Staff very helpful and kind. Room was spacious, but a little rustic. However, there was a shower head and a western toilet and they did provide paper. Bed was good, bugs were loud here but the guesthouse was fine. Fan was plenty to keep cool on a Northern Thailand night. No AC needed or offered. Free WIFI and computer access in lobby. No TV. Pickup from train station was a relief! Would recommend to similar style of travel. Backpacking or budget travel. It is more than accomodating. Small resturaunt attach

Central location. Very close to night market and close to centre as well. Nice and cheap breakfast. Owner (lady) helpful and welcoming. Room quite dirty though. We found two pieces of glass on the floor. My friend cut her foot badly by accidentally stepping on one of them (owner apologised). Mosquitos in the room due to holes in the window nets.

5 minute walk from night bazar and 7 minute from small china town. Old city is 5 minute by bike. They have also a restaurant in the garden(breakfast/lunch/dinner). Staff is really nice, friendly and helpfull with tours and information! We had a small pet (cockroach) in the room who came and had look every evening if we were ok. No everyday cleaning. price compare to quality is good.We stayed here for 5 nights.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5