Bendigo Hotel Reviews

125 Johnston st, Collingwood, Melbourne, Australia

Amazing hostel, Tiff is great and makes you feel right at home, nothing is too much trouble!!

• 25th Jan 2016
  • emmamoore9992058
  • Scotland

Great hostel! Staff is nice and the atmosphere is ffantastic. No checkout time which was sweet. I had a lovely time even if I just stayed one night. The neighbourhood is very cool as well. Definitly come back!

Very friendly staff and environment, offered us an extra night at reduced (real) price. Also loved the place itself and covered all the standards with honors. Thank you so much for everything!

The best hostel experience EVER! If you love rock music, enjoy live gigs, this will be the good opportunity to see lots of local bands in Melbourne (for free). There is a bar and stage downstairs and you can have very reasonable price beer (believe me, it is expensive for beer in Australia) and free access for the show. Staffs are awesome and very helpful! I stayed in Bendigo for a bit more than 2 weeks, I already miss people I met there and party we had! I strongly recommend this hostel!!

• 27th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Good value for money on the private double room. Kitchen is good but you only have access before 6. And is lacking in soap and clean sponges. Residents and staff were nice. Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you!

• 16th Nov 2015

they're feeding me hipsters; you were next...

This is a great place to stay! Friendly staff, cool vibe and a great location. The beds are comfortable and clean. The rooms are above a rock bar so the place has a relaxed and informal feel. Full kitchen available for most of the day and cheap meals and beer available in the evenings! Would stay again.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Good atmosphere above a bar, laid back friendly staff.. never even noticed the cat not that it would have been a problem anyway.. I think there was one bathroom / toilet for girls but I never had to wait.. thought it was a bit far from central at first but the area around is really cool

This is rather "some beds to crash at after a rock concert" than an actual hostel. For the right people it's great, but if you are not a huge fan of hard rock music and wish to sleep before 03.30 am it's not a good place. It is mentioned that the hostel is at a music venue, but it should be emphasized that so are the beds which are literally shaking from the music. There's also a cat living in the beds, which is good if you like cats. The reception is the bar. Dirty kitchen, but clean bathroom.

Awesome location, brilliant staff, and really quirky venue. I was encouraged by the bar's decor (coloured lights and sugar skulls) when I rocked up after my flight, and the staff made me feel welcome right away. Pros include: excellent value for money, short walk to tram services, discounted food and drinks from the bar, cleaned daily. Cons: Loud music at the weekend (it is a heavy metal venue, so bring your earplugs), and not overly secure rooms, so keep your valuables in the provided lockers.

• 22nd Oct 2015

perfect for rock live music fans. you get to see awesome local bands for free (mostly from wed to sat). about the rooms, they were great, nice pillows and clean sheets that don't look old. my room have a very silent fridge that was very useful to keep my food. You also get your own set of keys so you can be as independent as you want. The staff was also very nice and willing to help. Great experience. would totally come back.

Very happy with my stay, very clean and well organised. free entry to the gigs was a bonus. saw cancer bats whilst i was here

• 22nd Sep 2015

Very clean hostel, very comfortable beds, the hospitality of staff was excellent. Free entry to the gigs was great. Got to see SNFU which was a bucket list tick for me.

• 16th Sep 2015

BEST MEATAL & ROCK VENUE IN MELBOURNE, BY A COUNTRY MILE. MY BEST STAY IN MELBOURNE. I've never done a review of any hostels i've ever stayed in because i'm not that kind of person but this place deserves all the KUDOS i can give it. Tiff and the crew are the friendliest and do everything they can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I CANT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE ENOUGH - its like i've found a hidden treasure in Melbourne. See you guys as soon as i get back to melbourne. \m/ \m/

• 10th Sep 2015

This is my 3rd stay at the Bendigo, i LOVE the BENDIGO. its nice and chill on a monday and tuesday, which is excellent because the rest of the week is party party time. the other guests here are rad - its pretty quiet due to it being the off season in but i always seem to meet the raddest people in their public bar downstairs. melbourne is definately the place to be in winter - after being in sydney for a month it was a relief to get back to melbourne and the bendigo. LOVE YOU GUYS

• 10th Sep 2015

I didn't notice there would b no reception. It kinda sucks if you are staying in the hostel and are clueless about where to go and what to do. I chose this hostel because of other guest's comments saying how easy it was to meet some cool people but it happened I was the only guest in the hostel, so I have met no one. Also I picked it cause it was just over a metal bar... Well, on Monday it's closed and on tuesday it was empty. Sorry but I had 0 fun. It's not a bad hostel. Just needs improvements

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to post a review. Unfortunately the 2 nights you stayed with us are our quietest nights of the week, Melbourne overall is quiet on Mondays & Tuesdays, the majority of venues are actually closed on those 2 days. Not to sure as to how we could improve as were a pretty small hostel with no need for a reception. The larger city hostels with more that 4 rooms would definitely require a reception. I Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Melbourne. Cheers, Tiff

Hostel is cheap and cheerful don't expect nothing special. The rooms are basic but have a fridge microwave etc for convenience. It wasn't the cleanest, the bathrooms especially. There is also a cat living there with its litter tray in the girls shower room, and I'm allergic to cat fur, so not great if you have allergies! You basically get what you pay for so if it's luxury you want I wouldn't bother. If it's somewhere cheap to stay with facilities and cheap food then yes it's good.

• 24th Aug 2015

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm so sorry about the cat & your allergies; i feel awful as i too used to be allergic to cats but i think Emily has desensitised me. I apologise for the bathrooms being dirty but i was away in New Zealand during your stay at the Bendigo. No one cleans like me; I'm border line OCD when it comes to cleaning - I hope Giovanni reads this tho; as he was covering for me when i was away. Hope you have a great time in Aus, Cheers, Tiff