Benedict Hostel Reviews

Dunajewskiego 5, Krakow, Poland

Good location, close to many sights of the old town

• 16th Apr 2014

The atmosphere, the people, location and the rooms are cool. It was a great place to chill after a day of sightseeing in Krakow. The value for money is excellent.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Very nice hostel with a good location. Close to main attractions. Helpful staff. I recommend it totally :)

• 13th Apr 2014

I loved everything about this hostel! Such great value for money! Very good location. The hostel staff were very friendly and helpful. This is a great hostel we would thoroughly recommend. I enjoyed the location of the hostel in an interesting area and a short walk from the old town.

• 9th Apr 2014

Benedict Hostel is in a good spot in the city but is a little tricky to find. The breakfast was free! The security was horrible though. No lockers, no locks on doors, and anyone could just walk into the hostel without being questioned. There was also a strange 60-year-old man walking around who apparently lives there? But that was creepy. Overall, it was fine. It was cheap.

Great value for your money and easy access to the city center, airport and train station. Not great bathrooms or breakfast, and there are no locks on bedroom doors fyi.

Really great hostel! Nice rooms, good facilities, and friendly helpful staff. Great location very central of Krakow, amazing hostel!

• 28th Mar 2014

Fabulous location - 5 minutes walk to Market Square. I picked this location due to location and price. Loved this place.

• 24th Mar 2014

The hostel was very nice, the location and the pricing is good also. I would have felt a little safer if some of the doors would have been locked during the night. I also found dressing up kind of hard, because just about anyone could walk in to the room, because none of the doors were locked. The luggage room was also very un organized and full.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Finland

This is my favourite hostel in Krakow! Excellent hostel. Excellent staff. Very clean. We felt at home there. Highly recommend!

• 19th Mar 2014

At the arrival, all the guests were drunk making a lot of noise. We had to wait to the hot water. There's no laundry service, its just a washing machine with no dryer. There are no courtains in the room and it was too cold inside. I wouldnt go there again. The only good thing is his location

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Spain

We stayed in an 'en suite room' but the en suite was down the corridor, accessed by a key. This would have been fine apart from the fact that the cleaners came in and threw out all our toiletries that we had left (locked) in there. There was evidently no discussion between the front desk and the cleaners as we had not checked out and nobody else used that bathroom so the toiletries were evidently ours. The general facilities were not very clean and the hostel is very noisy.

the hostel benedict is really cool. the best thing: you get a free breakfast there!!!! it's located near to the old town and just a few minutes walking to some cool bars. the staff was friendly as well... :-) would definitely recommend it...

The hostel it's good, and the location it's perfect, but TOO NOISY! the staff dont care about the people partying inside/near the rooms after 11pm.

Great time, great people. !! :D

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

The place is overall okay for the price paid. It seriously lacks, however, in character and good service. The place is rather gloomy and the coldness of the staff is discomforting. Their only greating when I walked in on the first night was : « We need your money ». I left this hostel after two nights for a more lively one. Too bad because the hostel is well located. My stay at Benedict was well below average. Can't recommend it.

great location, good breakfast, wifi in the hostel We liked it, we the staff are friendly and speak good English!

• 20th Feb 2014

There was this Italian guy who came into our room at 6AM-ish every single morning to check if we (2 girls) were asleep. He sounded drunk. And we couldn't lock our door. We couldn't sleep well every night. There was a fight on our last night at 6AM-ish and there was blood all over the door handles. The door was broken and the police came. The hot water runs out and the windows were open so the bathroom was really cold. Breakfast is okay I guess. The staff is nice and approachable.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

Good location, very helpful staff and great cooking facilities! Good tourist information from staff at reception!

This was my second trip in Cracow and both times I choosed Benedict. It was also perfect for me :)

• 4th Feb 2014