Benedict Hostel Reviews

Dunajewskiego 5, Krakow, Poland

Our beds were comfortable, sleeping was good. Big rooms, Lockers are in rooms. Fantastic TV size in the common room. Really close to the old town. Included breakfast was quite basic. The price was attractive. Worth recommending.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Great location, very cheap with basic breakfast included! Wifi didn´t work sometimes.

İt was good thank you

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

This is probably the cheapest hostel in Kraków so don't expect much. If you have a fear of heights make sure you request not to have the top bunk as it's about 12foot high. There was a man living in our room, he is fairly nice to us but he had a problem with the other people in our room and was complaining about them. The showers were often cold in the morning as hot water runs out quickly(not good when it's -10 outside). Bedsheets had holes and stains. Breakfast is simple, toast or cornflakes.

I stayed for two nights in this hostel, location of hostel is so perfect, it is so close to old town and train station, just 3-4 mınutes walking to both of them, price is perfect, it has been the lowest price I have ever seen, all staff was perfect, they made everything to make me feel comfortable, I also thank to Kasia who is a worker in reception a lot, she was so eager to help about everything , I highly recommend you to stay in this hostel and city of Krakow!

We took a private room for 2 people and stayed there only for one night. The hostel is simple but good. The kitchen and common area are nice. The only thing is that the whole building is quite old.

Great location, good staff but no hot shower during my stay in December. Common room is next to the guest's rooms, so it may be noisy if there are lots of people.

It's near the city centre, safe, with a beautiful decoration, nice staff and confortable conditions. Loved the breakfast - opportunity to meet other guests. it's also possible to use the kitchen to cook, allowing the guests to save some money. Close to the city old wall. Very clean. I recommend :)

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Romania

The hostel is located in within easy walking distance of all the major attractions and is in a old building. Perfect place to stay on low budget. Staff are friendly, happy and knowledgeable and couldn't be more helpful. For the price I paid it was more than I expected. It was wonderful to stay at Krakow.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

The hostel was pretty simple, the staff was ok. We had some problems with some older people, because we were talking after 23pm. They use a Silence atmosphere between 23-6. Otherwise the hostel was pretty good, the breakfast was good for the money, and the place is really cheap. So, if you want save some money there could be a good place!

Staff unfriendly, unclean rooms, rubbish atmosphere, two toilets per gender for around sixty+ people, bunk beds uncomfortable and unsafe. Only good thing was the location. Sign on the door as you exit says "if you liked it review, if you didn't, tell staff" except the staff are so unhelpful, they don't even have a city map!!!! Find somewhere else to stay, don't ruin the beauty of Krakow with this crappy hostel.

• 13th Dec 2014

We have booked triple private room but space of the room are extremely small really hard to move apart of it location is perfect,common places and kitchen is ok staff are friendly you get what you paid for.

Location is near to Old Town and the price was sort of cheap. I used this hostel only for sleeping so I checked in very late and checked out very early. Kitchen facilities seemed fine to me. There are bunkbeds made of three floors, for your information. Every bed has two sockets which is good. There is a "safe" at the reception desk for keeping valuable staff for free. It's not bad but not perfect either. Dear Mr. Receptionist, thank you for being nice and polite to us.

The biggest problem was that the living room was next to the rooms.The rooms were not well insulated as a result someone was making noise in the living room it was impossible to sleep.Besides this the days that i went there the other residence were screaming all night in the living room and the guy that was in the reception not even told them to be more quiet.Also the guy in the reception was not kind at all.The hostel was not clean and there were only few wc facilities for many people.

Hostel Benedict is wonderful, it was a perfect place to stay! I was so sad I couldn't stay longer. Hostel Benedict really has everything, and this for such a low price. It's amazing. Thank you guys, for everything!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Cheap, but nice and clean hostel.

Very nice place!

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Nice kitchen, only 2 showers one sink and two toilets for each gender in hostel so I had I wait a few times. three tiered bunk beds. They do not enforce quiet hours at all, so there was a party every night until late. But the staff was very nice. Good place to stay cheap near center. Not good if you just want to relax.

This hostel was in a perfect spot near the Main Market Square. It is also perfectly accessible from the local bus stop from the airport. The staff was so nice and helpful in recommending places to eat. The bunkbeds are three beds high, just an fyi. I would definitely recommend it!!

Great hostel in an ideal location for our visit. 5 minutes from most attractions but away from any noise. The hotel staff were polite and helpful and our room large,clean and comfortable. Would not hesitate to use again or recommend to friends.

• 19th Oct 2014