Benedict Hostel Reviews

Dunajewskiego 5, Krakow, Poland

The location is really good, in the city center, but at the same time it's in a really dodgy little square, with an awful smell. The Hostel is much better than what you expect by it's entrance. for the price we paid, I would say it was really good. I just didn't like the fact there was only one bathroom and that we had to go through the living room to access it.

The first impression of the place was actually not very good. But it is clean place that is in the oldest neighborhood. Location was good, close to the main market where easy to get around to the important sights.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • Austria

For a small budget hostel it did the job. However there were several negatives that could be fixed. The window spaces between our room and next door were connected, which meant at midnight, 3am and 5am we could hear the entire conversations (loud or quiet) of the occupants next door. There were also several other occupants who were loud and inconsiderate. The staff did not ask them to be quiet either - we had to. Breakfast was very cramped. They did print our boarding passes though.

The keys for the lockers in the dorm open EVERY locker, so anyone staying in the room has free access to your valuables if they desire. One guy had his lock changed when I asked the staff if they could do the same I was told “we’re busy, we’ll help you later”which they never did. I arrived late the first night and went to get breakfast at 9:45. Nope, it was all packed away. I asked the front desk and she said “sorry it’s 10” Had to ask about laundry 4 times. 2 WCs and 1 Sink for all. Lame

Fabulous place! The staff were very kind. The value for money here is excellent!!! If I return to Krakow again, I will absolutely stay at this hostel!

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Serbia

Brilliant location, all the basics in kitchen, really comfy beds! My main complaint would be that it's hard to socialise with otber guests here, so if that's what you're looking for then go elsewhere. Overall a great price, especially as breakfast is included!

Beautiful, clean hostel in a historic building very close to the main attractions. Rooms were super clean. The 24 hour staff was super helpful and very friendly. Thanks for the nice stay!

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Saudi Arabia

A nice place near the very center of the city. Staff were nice and I enjoyed my stay.

• 12th Oct 2015

It was a good place to crash and get some sleep. Great location and great accomodations! It's very close to the sights. The staff was the best part!

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Jamaica

Female staff was very nice and helpful!

• 6th Oct 2015

Location was good and good value for money

• 4th Oct 2015

Great place, Staff really friendly and helpful, lots of help with booking trips. Very good value for money!

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Cameroon

Great location! Staff was pleasant. Some little details were missing in the room, for example a little wardrobe for the jackets or towel rails in the bathroom. The breakfast is included in the price, which is definitely an advantage!

• 27th Sep 2015

An absolute joy to stay here, thank you for your hospitality.

I liked to location of hostel. The rooms were very clean and also cheap. The staff were very talkative. I will definitely be staying at the Benedict again during my next trip to Krakow.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Quite close to most of the important places, you can walk everywhere. The staff was helpful in answering questions. Free maps.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Switzerland

The excellent location is definitely the biggest advantage of this hostel, in 5 minutes you will be in Krakov city center. Staff was very friendly and helpful, for example made us discover the free walking tours offered in Krakov. The hostel itself is really basic, so don't expect a lot of decoration or the cleanest place on earth. But if you don't mind a bit of dust under your bed, you will get a nice and welcoming place for a few bucks!

The location is very near to main market. Also, larger than I was expecting.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Estonia

Had a great time in Krakow and location was really good. Overall a good hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful with recommendations and getting around Krakow.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Turkey

The value for money is excellent, it's a perfect hostel for people who want to save money. The staff is friendly and there is an international atmosphere. Some people didn't like the three-level berths beds, but I found really nice to sleep on the top. They also give you a small breakfast. The only negative point can be the lack of space on the toilets for that amount people. A very nice hostel.

• 17th Sep 2015