Benedict Hostel Reviews

Dunajewskiego 5, Krakow, Poland

This is very much a value for money hostel. It's very cheap and it's good for the price. The common area is great but the rooms are small and have triple bunks which aren't the most comfortable. That said I still got a reasonable nights sleep. The wifi regularly dropped out also. This is not a party hostel in my experience which was good for me but if that's what you want I wouldn't recommend it. If you want a cheap, friendly, quiet, well located hostel though I'd highly recommend it

Thanks very much. I had a great stay! Location very handy near old town. 5 minutes walk to Market Square. The staff are always friendly and helpful. individual lights on beds. I picked this location due to location. I like this fabulous place.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Lithuania

Benedict was really great for sight seeing Krakow. They have a well stocked kitchen for cooking your own meals. Security could possibly be amped up a bit, there were no room keys, although we got lockers and there's a safe at reception. Comfy beds and lovely staff.

The hostel is located in a very good place close to the main square. The rooms are very cheap but sufficient to stay for a couple of days. I loved the idea of the simplest continental breakfast included in the price and also the board with all the attractions and days when they are free of charge. This helped us plan the stay even more. The toilets are clean. Don't be afraid of the first impression as it is located in an old building because inside it is just very good.

Extremely nice and helpfull stuff. Great informations in hostel about city atractions, some really good advises on how to spent less money (free musem entrance, public transport to Wieliczka etc.) Superb location - 5 minutes by walk to Old Town, 15 to Wawel, 20 to train/bus station. Nice and friendly atmosphere. I will definetely come back to this hostel while visiting Kraków again.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Poland

The kitchen is quite small for the amount of people the hostel holds but you just have to weave around people. I went to turn my bed side lamp on and it blew all the electrics in our room, went to explain to staff so he could look at the fuse box and he didn't understand and thought I wanted a new bulb. Rooms are also quite small for the amount of people, ends up with people's stuff everywhere, especially if they've done any washing!

Very clean and nice hostel. Hostel opens 24/7. For the price we paid it was more than we expected. Hostel is in a great location, It is walking distance from everything.! Perfect place to stay on low budget. It was wonderful to stay at Krakow. Included breakfast was quite basic.

• 21st Sep 2014

The male member of staff is psycho path. He physically harassed me after falling asleep on the sofa then repeatedly apologised straight after. There are no lockers and my friend got bitten by bed bugs. Breakfast was a loaf of stale bread and overall the hostel had alot to be desired for. Would not return if you paid me

• 20th Sep 2014

Nice hotel. Showers, toilets always clean. Free breakfast good. The location is absolutely stunning. Very close to everything. For a decent price, so I would recommend it.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Egypt

It was just two day that i had to stay but it was very nice experience. Nice place right in the heart of Krakow. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast was welcomed but it didn't have a vast variety of things.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • China

Cheap bed, good location, nothing special but it's fine just for somewhere to sleep.

They have a simple free breakfast and hot shower. It was very easy to get to the city center by foot. Good value for the price.

• 15th Sep 2014

Nice place for enjoying some nights in Krakow. Rooms had what you needed. Price very low. It's impossible to find a better location than this!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Benin

Good place, close from old town, common room with big tv, friendly staff, shower rooms and toilets were clean, fast wifi, recommend!

• 9th Sep 2014

The decor in the kitchen and 'lounge space' was pretty cool. Friendly, helpful staff. Great central location. In hostel full of people from neighboring countries. The staff was very friendly and helpful.The lounge area was nice, with the wifi area with computers that was free to use.

• 8th Sep 2014

I really like the hostel. I have now been there three times. Clean, quiet, friendly staff.

Very clean bathrooms / showers and hard to beat the excellent location. Great location, helpful staff. Very central and lots of tours and other things to do run right out of the hostel. Totally recommend it!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Ideal for an over night stay in Krakow. location brilliant. Close to everything! Staff are really helpful and accomodating. Only I disliked that in the common room there is a big projector - like in the cinema.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

Excellent hostel, great price. Would happily return

Everything was great. Very close to main market. I would stay here again in Krakow. This is my first experience of staying in a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised.

• 1st Sep 2014