Bening Bungalow Reviews

Pengosekan Street, Bali, -, Ubud, Indonesia

I enjoyed my stay here and actually extended it beyond my initial reservation. The location is great - most of Ubud is within walking distance. Very close to the Yoga Barn, supermarket, and great restaurants. The breakfast was basic but fine, and I think it's pretty standard. The staff's English is incredibly basic, so be prepared to be patient. Off the main road, so it's quiet at night, and you'll get to hear some nature. I would stay here again.

Perfect location, 5 minutes from yoga barn, monkey forest, ubud palace, variety of great restaurants for all budgets. Good wifi. Rooms are clean and roomy and one of the best nights sleep we've had throughout our travels. Family run place, they really cannot do enough for you. Breakfast served daily to your room with good choice of nice food. Highly recommended, great value for money. Our 3 night stayed turned into 9 nights.

It was a little tricky to communicate with the personnel as their English were not too good - they made up for it in friendly attitude though!

My boyfriend and i stayed here for four days and it was absolutely lovely. We had a four poster canopy bed with white netting, a rainfall shower, air conditioning, and a private balcony. Coffee, tea, and a hot water thermos was brought to our balcony every morning, and cleaned up in the afternoon. We also had complimentary breakfast delivered to the room (you just have to mention to them what you want) of either crepes or omelets. I'd highly recommend this place, it was a highlight of our trip!

• 16th Dec 2015

fancy little spot off a main road, modest breakfast with coffee and tea made this place worth while. staff didn't speak a lick of english. I was kinda nervous handing my money to a kid but it all worked out, didn't like the fact that they went in my room everyday to only make the bed and turn off the a/c. if you're staying here and going out at night bring a flashlight. no one likes stepping on a snail.

I thought everything was excellent except for the fact that the staff don't really comprehend English well. It took me quite a bit to figure out how much it would cost to have a friend with me unexpectantly.

The daily staff's English was very limited but they were very kind and quick to bring breakfast when you indicated you were awake and ready. The owner picked me up from the airport and charged me 325,000 rph. I later saw on the airport's website that a taxi from the airport would have cost 190,000. The location of this hostel was great - 10 min walk to Monkey Forest and 5 min from Yoga Barn. There are many food/spa/shopping options by going to the road and taking a right. I would stay here again

• 20th Nov 2015

Go to Bening Bungalow. They have banana pancakes. The owner's English isn't amazing, but we were able to communicate generally.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much hassle including them bringing us breakfast after it had finished being served. The bungalows were extremely good value and very peaceful, the best nights sleep I had in Ubud!

Can't fault the staff, wonderfully helpful, particularly as I didn't arrive into Bali until the early hours of the morning but they arranged my transportation for me as well as being lovely throughout my stay.

The Bungalow is located away from the main street and in the middle of a rice field. It's incredibly noisy during the night, and all 3 members of our group found it very difficult to sleep. The Bungalow was very clean and tidy. The Wi-Fi is non existent, and never worked. The free pancakes were delicious. Overall, it's good value for money.

• 1st Sep 2015

Great location for the yogabarn, monkey Forrest and Hannoman street. Surrounded by lovely rice paddy fields, you would not think you were in such a central location. Lovely breakfast of omelette or banana pancake delivered at the time you request.. This is my second time to stay there and I would come back again!

Really liked my stay! The area is quiet and well located (short walk to the center and really close to a Supermarket). The place was really clean and the staff friendly

The staff were extremely nice and very friendly and brought breakfast (banana pancakes and fresh fruit) onto our balcony every morning looking out onto the rice fields. The bedroom was spacious with a very basic ensuite bathroom and the hot water was quite temperamental. Only major problem was that the walls between bedrooms were extremely thin and it sounded like the neighbours were in our room. Also at night the animals from in the rice fields were very very noisy!

• 12th Aug 2015