Bening Bungalow Reviews

Pengosekan Street, Bali, -, Ubud, Indonesia

I stayed here for 2 nights - the room was lovely, a big bed and excellent shower with hot water. I also had good air-con. The breakfast on your balcony while overlooking the rice fields is a lovely way to start your day. The staff are very friendly. I would recommend getting a guided tour though, the tour from the bungalows was just myself and a driver, I didnt have anyone showing me around, it was more a taxi for the day. It also isn't the place to stay if you want to meet new people.

An ideal place for reflection or if you need to write. Very serene with the view of the padi field and away from the traffic yet close to shops. Staff and owner are very helpful. A value for money accommodation which I hope they will maintain. Would definitely come back. They can arrange pickup from airport and tours. Thank you Made (pronounce as Mah Dee) and Tuning. Terima kasih. p.s. wifi connection is unstable.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia
  • Couple, 41+

FANTASTIC view over the rice patties, beautiful breakfasts, friendly staff & handy locale - will definitely stay again when i find myself in your wonderful country :)

• 19th May 2015

Best place to stay in Ubud! Set over a beautiful rice field, it doesn't get much more relaxing than this. Huge windows in the rooms to enjoy the view, fresh-cooked breakfast delivered right to your patio, extremely clean and spacious bathrooms, and the staff are so friendly and always looking for ways to make your stay even better! Located near the Yoga Barn, at the bottom of Hanoman road, you're near yoga, boutique shopping, and great cafes. Stayed two nights and had to come back for more!

Very nice staff but bathrooms need significant upgrade and rooms could use fresh set of paint.

It took me 4 tries calling the hostel to get in touch with someone because i was lost. The staff i dealt with for most of my stay barely knew any english which made it difficult to communicate with them. They would only except IDR for payment and could not provide change back for the amount given. The rooms are very nice and very clean as were the balconies but the bathrooms really should be updated. Breakfast was very delicious and included and tea upon arrival were a nice treat.

only two rooms have air con so male sure you get what you pay for!! amazing location and breakfast

• 9th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff was very friendly. Nice rooms with a big bathroom en a beautiful bed. Good breakfast! Thank you :)

Fantastic place to stay. Staff were great and the view over the rice fields was quite nice.

• 18th Jan 2015

We had a lovely stay at Bening Bungalow, the owners were really nice friendly people and the banana pancakes we had for our first breakfast were delicious! The room was very quiet and looked out onto a rice paddy. There was confusion with the price that we had booked the room for via hostel world, apparently there is a set rate for the room - this was not the case when booking. We were asked to pay the full price and not what hostel world had quoted us, we weren't the only ones with this problem

• 17th Jan 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

I was very disappointed with the owner here. He insisted that the price from we paid was wrong and that we owed him double what you had charged us. He then became very confrontational and wouldn't let us leave until we paid additional money. I wouldn't advise any traveller using this hostel for that reason.

• 16th Jan 2015