Bent Prop Inn Downtown Reviews

700 H St, Anchorage, USA

The staff were excellent, chilled out yet very helpful!

Despite being on the corner of the somewhat noisy and creepy bus station, and lockers small & hardly fitting your backpack, this hostel feels quite safe and is clean. The manager prepares morning coffee and sunday pancakes by himself :) and all the crew are very friendly! Beds are clean and cosy, but the rooms full of beds and I think in need of better ventilation with all the hikers bringing their forest gear in. Huge clean kitchen with even a sandwich grill! Nice stay if you must be downtown.

Quite sad I had to leave much earlier than planned. Got to meet fantastic people there. Everyone was extremely nice. After almost two-week stay I felt like a part of the big family. Keep doing your great job Bent Prop Inn. Special thanks to Dave, John, Lucie, Susan, Melissa, Anna, Adam, Lisa, Roy and Billy. I hope you will only have amazing guests this summer.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Kazakhstan

This is the best Hostel in Alaska. Rooms are great, beds comfy, showers nice and hot. Everything is clean, including the large, very well equipped kitchen. Dave who runs the hostel is the nicest and most helpful guy you can wish for and the rest of staff are also knowledgeable and nice. They are really accommodating. I have stayed there many nights and kept returning to the same place. Lounge is huge, both computers work brilliantly and the separate TV room makes you feel like at home.

I had a great experience at Bent Prop Inn Downtown. The manager picked me up from the airport, made delicious pancakes in the morning, shuttled me to the grocery store, and really made me feel welcome. I had no safety worries while I was there, and I was able to meet a lot of wonderful travelers from across the globe. My best hostel experience yet!

• 30th May 2015

Our experience was dampened but disrespectful dorm guests