Bent Prop Inn Downtown Reviews

700 H St, Anchorage, USA

The Good: The location, the price, and the toilet paper (seriously the softest ever.) The OK: Facilities are outdated and have poor soundproofing but that is sort of to be expected with the price. Service was fine -- bonus for pancakes on Sundays. The bad: the mountain of hair that remained in the shower drain for a whole week (Clearly never got cleaned), the old to-go food container under my bed (who knows how old it is), and witnessing one of the owners/managers be rude to his employees.

• 27th Jun 2015

The staff were excellent, chilled out yet very helpful!

Despite being on the corner of the somewhat noisy and creepy bus station, and lockers small & hardly fitting your backpack, this hostel feels quite safe and is clean. The manager prepares morning coffee and sunday pancakes by himself :) and all the crew are very friendly! Beds are clean and cosy, but the rooms full of beds and I think in need of better ventilation with all the hikers bringing their forest gear in. Huge clean kitchen with even a sandwich grill! Nice stay if you must be downtown.

Quite sad I had to leave much earlier than planned. Got to meet fantastic people there. Everyone was extremely nice. After almost two-week stay I felt like a part of the big family. Keep doing your great job Bent Prop Inn. Special thanks to Dave, John, Lucie, Susan, Melissa, Anna, Adam, Lisa, Roy and Billy. I hope you will only have amazing guests this summer.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Kazakhstan

This is the best Hostel in Alaska. Rooms are great, beds comfy, showers nice and hot. Everything is clean, including the large, very well equipped kitchen. Dave who runs the hostel is the nicest and most helpful guy you can wish for and the rest of staff are also knowledgeable and nice. They are really accommodating. I have stayed there many nights and kept returning to the same place. Lounge is huge, both computers work brilliantly and the separate TV room makes you feel like at home.

I had a great experience at Bent Prop Inn Downtown. The manager picked me up from the airport, made delicious pancakes in the morning, shuttled me to the grocery store, and really made me feel welcome. I had no safety worries while I was there, and I was able to meet a lot of wonderful travelers from across the globe. My best hostel experience yet!

• 30th May 2015

Our experience was dampened but disrespectful dorm guests

I travel all over the world and this was the first experience staying in hostel and having good time, I just called one day before I arrival to Anchorage and talked to Dave (manager), immediately he made my reservation. During my two weeks staying in same place all of staff really were very friendly, helpful and respectful to every person. All I can say Dave, Alan and Adam and others that I forgot their names, thanks again for making my time in Alaska a true Alaskan experience. Mina Fard

• 11th Aug 2014

A fantastic value in a very expensive city. A small former hotel sitting in the shadow of a huge luxury hotel in downtown Anchorage. Direct bus to airport. Good hostel facilities. Caveat: No grocery store nearby.

Everything you could want from a hostel.

Have to go outside if you want to go through the room and lobby. Outside is cold and unsafe.

Booked a 4 bed room, got an 8 bed room. Bathroom Not too clean. Need your own lockers. Quiet central.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.

• 18th Jul 2013

I do not have anything negative to stay about this hostel. While I was only there very short it seemed like a great hostel for all ages and a very good place to meet people. The man who worked there in the morning was great. He made a pancake breakfast and was very helpful with questions we had. I would highly recommend this place!

Everyone was friendly, they were there to help even during my weird hours, and it all went smoothly!