Bent Prop Inn Downtown Reviews

700 H St, Anchorage, USA

Clean, quiet, friendly staff and a ride to the airport at the end. The perfect stay. Gail Park

Helpful friendly staff.

Fabulous hostel,really nice atmosphere,great communal area,good security,facilities are very clean & maintained regularly

Just a good place to stay.

• 5th Aug 2015

Very basic, springy bed. Window opens out to outside so anyone can just climb in. Does the job I guess. Staff very friendly. Fast WiFi if you can get connected.

Around the corner from the bus station and a mile from the train. Great value for its locatin alo e.

A great location, close to everything downtown. Staff were very helpful.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

As a former flight attendant for a major US airline, I have been all over the world (over 60 countries and all 50 states). That being said, I must say this was the most amazing hostel experience I have ever had for two reasons: Adam and Anna. I am not using hyperbole when I say they were professional, accommodating, personable, and bent over backwards over and over again during my two day stay and made my Alaska travel experience one of a kind! The facilities and location were great too. (:

• 6th Jul 2015

special thanks for dave at the front desk, who helped me on several occasions.

Nice Kitchen but 2 bad can openers. Please go get the good one.

Despite having booked in February, including putting down a deposit, the property had cancelled my reservation because 'they didn't have my credit card on file.' Fortunately they were able to put me in a dorm with two (awesome) staff members, but I was less-than-impressed at this snafu. The layout of the hostel was a bit strange and it wasn't really conducive to community/engagement. I picked this hostel based on proximity to train station, but would not recommend it.

Stayed at this location and the midtown one as well. Both have similar fascilites though the downtown one had a more accessible common area and kitchen. As hostels go it was pretty basic; dorm style rooms with bathrooms shared by the floor; no breakfast though coffee was plentiful. Special mention for Dave one of the hostel workers. Very friendly and uses his own personal car and time to often do favors for guests. Free computer use was a nice addition considering the wifi is spotty at best

The Good: The location, the price, and the toilet paper (seriously the softest ever.) The OK: Facilities are outdated and have poor soundproofing but that is sort of to be expected with the price. Service was fine -- bonus for pancakes on Sundays. The bad: the mountain of hair that remained in the shower drain for a whole week (Clearly never got cleaned), the old to-go food container under my bed (who knows how old it is), and witnessing one of the owners/managers be rude to his employees.

• 27th Jun 2015

The staff were excellent, chilled out yet very helpful!

All your staffs are really nice and helpful. The common room is very cozy, and the room and the kitchen are very clean. Would like to give my great thanks to Dave, a girl who speak French and only does the night shift, and another lady who was usually around the counter and common room~

Despite being on the corner of the somewhat noisy and creepy bus station, and lockers small & hardly fitting your backpack, this hostel feels quite safe and is clean. The manager prepares morning coffee and sunday pancakes by himself :) and all the crew are very friendly! Beds are clean and cosy, but the rooms full of beds and I think in need of better ventilation with all the hikers bringing their forest gear in. Huge clean kitchen with even a sandwich grill! Nice stay if you must be downtown.

Quite sad I had to leave much earlier than planned. Got to meet fantastic people there. Everyone was extremely nice. After almost two-week stay I felt like a part of the big family. Keep doing your great job Bent Prop Inn. Special thanks to Dave, John, Lucie, Susan, Melissa, Anna, Adam, Lisa, Roy and Billy. I hope you will only have amazing guests this summer.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Kazakhstan

This is the best Hostel in Alaska. Rooms are great, beds comfy, showers nice and hot. Everything is clean, including the large, very well equipped kitchen. Dave who runs the hostel is the nicest and most helpful guy you can wish for and the rest of staff are also knowledgeable and nice. They are really accommodating. I have stayed there many nights and kept returning to the same place. Lounge is huge, both computers work brilliantly and the separate TV room makes you feel like at home.

I had a great experience at Bent Prop Inn Downtown. The manager picked me up from the airport, made delicious pancakes in the morning, shuttled me to the grocery store, and really made me feel welcome. I had no safety worries while I was there, and I was able to meet a lot of wonderful travelers from across the globe. My best hostel experience yet!

• 30th May 2015

Our experience was dampened but disrespectful dorm guests