Berat Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Gorica, 295, Berat, Albania

Staff was friendly and fun to drink with, although I inquired about a tour to a nearby winery which was advertised, and was told how to get there myself (If a hostel tour is available-I prefer that so I can meet other people). The hostel has an old lodge look which is nice-but there is only one bathroom for 12 people-as far as I could tell, and there is no shower door/curtain-so water spreads all over bathroom. Additionally there is no grip for nozzle.

Beautiful hostel and great location. Only stayed here a night but I wish I stayed longer.

Excellent place! Great vibes and lovely dorms (two words that don't often go together). Staff are all excellent. Sometimes could do with an extra shower, but that's the only negative about this place.

Located in an old building near all the attractions. Amazing atmosphere, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Make sure to book the waterfall tour they offer and climb the mountain behind the hostel. The view from there is better than from the castle!

- overall very good experience, perfectly located and great to meet nice people and explore the region. Friendly & international staff. - however, too expensive - we're in Albania right? - waterfall tour was great but also too expensive

The hostel's location is magnificent and magical, the way it has been restored is absolute genius, it is beautiful. The fact that staff is changing often makes it fresh, but also a little improvised. The location naturally limits the facilities (there is a great pressure on the 3 bathrooms, difficult to find a moment to take a shower) - but the charm of the place cancels out any annoyance.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

I was really disappointed in this hostel. The facilities were worn out and in need of replacement. The gentle humming of the termites in the bunk beds gently puts you to sleep (in the fetal position in the middle of the bed). The staff was really friendly and the breakfast was excellent.

It is a nice hostel but I think best backpackers in Albania is somewhat overrated. There were just a handful of people staying there when I was there, so I can't tell much about the atmosphere, but the owner and the staff if nice and helpful. The main stairs are right next to some of the rooms, so it's always really loud and it wakes people up pretty early. Breakfast was okay, as is the location.

The room we had was beautiful, full of original features and very big. Sadly there was no water in the bathroom and a problem with wasps! Staff were excellent and extremely helpful.

• 31st Jul 2015

Met some great people in the hostel and you absolutely must go for the waterfall tour. Michael (the guide) told us very interesting points about Albania history and culture as well. I had a really great time there! :)

has probably seen better years, Scotty seemed nice, the other staff didn't really interact with the guests. The town is really safe but it doesn't mean there doesn't need to be any locks on the doors, also cats got everywhere which doesn't seem overly hygenic.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the building itself was amazing, and did a pretty good job of staying cool even in the 35+ degree heat of the day.

A great place in an awesome little town! Will stay again if I'm in the area.

Really lovely place to stay! Built into the beautiful Berat hillside with a nice rustic feel to it. Helpful staff - with extremely good facilities. Definitely worth a visit!

Tons of common space. Great breakfast. Scotty does a great job as host. My only gripe is none of the shower heads are attached to the wall so you have to hold them up

A nice hostel with a chilled vibe, definitely the place to stay if you come to Berat.

A charming hostel with awesome people volunteering and staying there. The cats are just adorable addition. The breakfast is so delicious and huge! Also, we did a waterfall tour with one of the volunteers and it was definitely worth it. Would stay again!

A very nice house with many tall trees. The view from top floor is beautiful. Good breakfast and full kitchen. I wish I could have a home like this.

Its a reslly nice hostel perflectly located, however they were renovating a few things outside while I was there. Somehow it was a really great experience !

Good sized dorm room with good beds. Lockers in room but no locks on the room or building entrance. The wifi only worked in a few rooms. Really nice building in a quiet area. Although people talked outside until 3am. It wasn't too loud but I was at the back. Decent kitchen and breakfast.