Berat Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Gorica, 295, Berat, Albania

Staff was friendly and fun to drink with, although I inquired about a tour to a nearby winery which was advertised, and was told how to get there myself (If a hostel tour is available-I prefer that so I can meet other people). The hostel has an old lodge look which is nice-but there is only one bathroom for 12 people-as far as I could tell, and there is no shower door/curtain-so water spreads all over bathroom. Additionally there is no grip for nozzle.

The hostel is clean and perfectly located. Staff is very nice and very helpful. Nice atmosphere!

Beautiful hostel and great location. Only stayed here a night but I wish I stayed longer.

Excellent place! Great vibes and lovely dorms (two words that don't often go together). Staff are all excellent. Sometimes could do with an extra shower, but that's the only negative about this place.

Located in an old building near all the attractions. Amazing atmosphere, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Make sure to book the waterfall tour they offer and climb the mountain behind the hostel. The view from there is better than from the castle!

- overall very good experience, perfectly located and great to meet nice people and explore the region. Friendly & international staff. - however, too expensive - we're in Albania right? - waterfall tour was great but also too expensive

The hostel's location is magnificent and magical, the way it has been restored is absolute genius, it is beautiful. The fact that staff is changing often makes it fresh, but also a little improvised. The location naturally limits the facilities (there is a great pressure on the 3 bathrooms, difficult to find a moment to take a shower) - but the charm of the place cancels out any annoyance.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

I was really disappointed in this hostel. The facilities were worn out and in need of replacement. The gentle humming of the termites in the bunk beds gently puts you to sleep (in the fetal position in the middle of the bed). The staff was really friendly and the breakfast was excellent.

It is a nice hostel but I think best backpackers in Albania is somewhat overrated. There were just a handful of people staying there when I was there, so I can't tell much about the atmosphere, but the owner and the staff if nice and helpful. The main stairs are right next to some of the rooms, so it's always really loud and it wakes people up pretty early. Breakfast was okay, as is the location.