Berat Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Gorica, 295, Berat, Albania

Berat backpackers is one of the best backpackers I have ever stayed at. The staff are so fun, friendly

• 30th Oct 2014

My boyfriend and I have been on the go staying in hostels for 8 months now and I can safely say Berat Backpackers is the best we've stayed in. You will not only get beautiful rooms, a delicious breakfast and great common areas, but the staff are the best! after extending our time there we still didn't want to leave. Zac and Laura will make your stay in Berat fantastic, and make sure you do a canyon/waterfall tour!

This hostel was really beautiful and breakfast was great. Staff was very helpful and full of information, one of the only places in town. Just really great vibes all around.

• 27th Oct 2014

I paid more than Hostelworld showed.

The hostel is quite difficult to reach with a suitcase. The street is uphill and with coblestones. The rooms are dark but clean. The owner was not there and the guy in charge was not very helpfull. I would not go back there. The wifi did nt work for 2 days

This hostel is great. Lovely common areas, nice breakfast and the meals you can buy at the hostel are amazing. Would absolutely stay here again

It's a really nice hostel, you can tell that they made an effort to make it look nice. Beds are super comfortable and breakfast is yummy (BUREK!) Internet didn't really work when we were there but maybe that was just bad luck :) All in all it's great, I'd stay there again.

We had a great stay here... Nice chill out area and rooms comfortable and spacious. We also did a day trip with them 'pembullas' tour and it was excellent. Definitely recommend!

Great hostel! Amazing outdoor area where everyone can socialise! Very friendly staff, helpful with info, breakfast was super tasty bureks!! Wifi kept going off and bathrooms could do with a deep clean but overall a great find! :)

Very good place to stay in Berat. Stunning views of the castle and old city, agreable garden, good breakfast and very sympathic owner.

Staffed with volunteers new to Berat, so they have no helpful local recommendations or info. Don't take credit cards, but don't give you advanced notice. Rooms are ill-equipped. Two of the three lights in our room didn't even have light bulbs in the fixtures. No fans, so you are forced to keep the windows open which makes sleep impossible when people hang out in the courtyard smoking and yelling. The "staff" doesn't bother to enforce quiet hours. No record of my reservation made thru hostelworld

• 12th Aug 2014

Rooms are nice and clean, but toilets are dirty.

Hostel has a real cool outdoor lounge area where everyone chills our and gives it a great atmosphere. Only minor problem we had was finding good wifi on the last day, but it was good the rest of time. Has cool tours and dinners as well which make the atmosphere even better

Excellent hostel!!

Toilets stinks and very dirty. Clean rooms thought. :)

I had a great time at this place and I've met a lot of other travellers there. Scotty was super chilled and it was really easy to get along with all people at this place. Definitely the best choice for staying in Berat

The thing about hostels and owners and staff is that everyone will get a different experience. It depends on the timing - first night there was only a few guest left and the second night, I was the only one. I was told that the night before there was a huge crowd and it was noisy and happening - if you are into that sort of thing but overall Scotty the owner is pretty fun and he always have really fun staff, people from workaway. It was overall nice and quiet for me and I enjoyed hanging out .

Decent hostel in a good location with great views, friendly staff that were always happy to help. Only negative was little things, lights not all working in the room and bathroom not the cleanest and poor water pressure. Note: the new bus station is a bit outside of town, local bus costs 30 leke and taxi is 500 leke.

I stayed an extra night just because the Australian couple cooked a great meal. Well worth it!

Had the private room but it was right above the common area outside where people were very loud until early in the morning. Bathrooms not clean at all. Breakfast was simple, dinners amazing.