Berat Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Gorica, 295, Berat, Albania

Nice garden and pleasant owner.

Even though there are no lockers - the place is in an ideal and beautiful location. Friendly staff and some quiet places to hang out and read. If you're ever in Berat this is the obvious choice!

Only stayed one night during the off-season in June, but it was great. Met amazing people and the athmosphere, staff and decorations of this place is great. The surroundings aswell. Clean and good facilities. All good experience.

Generally speaking this is an nice hostel. However, the bus changed the route and not passing hotel Palma. So I have to take a taxi, it's only 300ALL. But I would take the taxi to the castle of baret and stay with the local if I knew I have to take the taxi. The biggest problem is the noise. I stayed in the room just on the top of the common room. And the staff having a party with loud music until 3:30am. I did not sleep that night and smell the cigarette from the common room whole night...

A beautiful hostel located in an idyllic setting. Large airy rooms, several sun terraces with comfortable sofas, free breakfast, optional evening meal and really helpful staff. Excellent value for money!

Hostel is clean, great location, nice nightly dinners made. Would stay again.

One of the best hostels Ive stayed at! Any questions I had Scotty helped out! Such a beautiful location. I nearly did leave! Would of stay a week if I could! Best place to stay in Berat!!!!!!!

A well run hostel, with excellent facilities and helpful staff. It is enjoyable to spend leisure time with other travellers, and this exchange is fostered by the meal service provided and facilites. the constant maintenance of the cleanliness of thekitchen was outstanding.

I had a great time at Berat Backpackers, hanging out on Scotty's terrace, sipping raki and talking about life. Definitely on of my favourite places to stay in Albania!

I caught the hostel right as they were closing for the season and that definitely impacted my stay - no wifi, place was generally in disarray, REALLY cold at night. The double room is nice but the mattresses are little more than foam pads. Found the owner to be quite pushy when asking to go for a drink. Probably a nice place in the summer, but avoid in the spring and fall.

Only 2 bathrooms for the entire hostel and the wifi only worked outside of the buildings. Walking distance into town. There seemed to be more new staff than guests there and so some of the information given seemed incomplete

very good! great location and a nice social dinner put on for 400Leke! only complaint are the lockers. my key was able to open other lockers in my room. however, this place has a great vibe about it everyone is social and friendly and had no worries about my valuables or passport while there.

Scott is very nice and the place has a good vibe. Especially the upper and lower terraces are cosy and the breakfast is good. With a few additional details (like hooks in the bathroom, mirror in the room etc.) it would be even better.

Great location, very nice and relaxing layout. Loved the fresh breakfast. Owner and staff are very friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. Booked for 4 days and stayed for 6. Having thhe bar on site is a really cool thing!

The hostel was really nice and in a great area with a beautiful view on the city of Berat. We were really happy we could use the computers in the hostel since we were travelling without any laptops or smart phones and needed to check our e-mails. Your address is a bit confusing - our GPS and Google Maps couldn't find any street "Gorica". They only knew Nikolla Buhuri street. If I were you I would use both the addresses on your website so everybody finds your hostel without any problems.

Tschikemi Gabriel and Maki! You have a very good thing going at the hostel! It is welcoming and so easy to connect with all of your guests. Your own good energy is conducive to creating such a fun atmosphere. Congratulations. I loved my stay at Hairy Lemon! Amagi

Great chilled out vibe. Staff were friendly & helpful. Loved the location.

You do not have to be rich to stay in one of Berat s magnificent traditional houses, this hostel makes it all possible for you. The garden is also very attractive, with vines and fig trees. The location on the opposite side of the river is quiet and attractive. The staff is kind, the breaakfast good. The beds are not made for very tall and/or big people though.

Great hostel with fantastic common space and good breakfast. And a fridge full of delicious beer.

Great place! Hopefully some new staff have arrived but our room was great and it's an easy place to meet other travellers.