Berat Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Gorica, 295, Berat, Albania

Please, add some mirrors in the rooms!

Lovely hostel , very helpful staff.

Scotties the host with the most!

Loved the stay. Excellent group of people to hang out with and a nice patio area to sit and have a few drinks at night. It's located in the middle of the old town and the owner seems to like I make sure guests are having a good time. Definitely recommended.

This is one of the most beautiful hostels I have ever stayed at, overlooking the historic town and with a courtyard covered in grape vines. The staff is incredible, the facilities are great, and they even offer cheap tours to some of the natural wonders nearby! I can't wait to go back.

Amazing hostel and in the most beautiful setting. We only planned to stay one night but stayes an extra night. Great excursion to the waterfall, amazing value for money.

It was incredibly hot in Berat and the private room has no fan or a/c so sleeping was impossible. It was even more impossible with the loud music and party outside the window both nights until well past 3am. We got up on our last morning to find Scotty passed out on the floor and then falling into the bushes because he was still so drunk. Also, if you are travelling further you need to work out transport yourself as the staff don't have any knowledge about Albania. the breakfast was good.

Excellent place to stay

I absolutely loved this hostel.booked two nights and stayed four.so many areas to relax and enjoy a few (cheap) beers or raki! Wear good shoes on the waterfall tour and take a travel sickness pill if you are prone.well worth doing.this, hostel is beautiful, with great staff and a great atmosphere.I would spend more t ime thete any day

The hostel is beautiful, the rooms are very nice and clean, the owner is wonderful... I have only wonderful things to say about this place.

A nice place to spend a night or 2 in Berat. Great views and a great place to meet fellow travelers. It was incredibly hot in Berat and there didn't seem to be any breeze here. When I went walking there was a breeze in other parts of the town. Slept with the windows open (no a/c and no fan in private room) and woke up wet from sweating. In summer there are probably better options for the price.

Berat Backpackers is the perfect location and ideal place to relax, with friendly helpful staff and each morning a great layout of breakfast. This is a place to stay for more than a day :D

• 26th Jul 2013

Easily the best hostel I stayed at in Albania and probably ever. Everything is so comfortable and relaxed. Scotty is a lovely man who is very kind and helpful as well as a party animal! The Raki, I mean, waterfall tour was great from what I remember thanks to the unstoppable guide Miri! Location is awesome with great views and a real homely atmosphere. Make sure you go up the hill behind the hostel to the illryian ruins, they are better than the fortress! Totally great place, stay here! Jesse

Scotty runs a great place here. Part of the fun was defenitely due to the group of people that were there however the atmosphere of the place allowed for everyone to meet. The waterfall tour is lots of fun.

A very good hostel in Berat. Only it's a little bit a climb to reacht it but it's near the old town. I stayed here two instead of one night.

I would recommend this place any time. it was really a nice and very informal place where everybody is just hanging around doing something and nothing at all. the hostel has a fridge with small supplies which is nice since you always need water, or beer for that matter. Also, it is very beautiful surroundings which surely help the already cosy atmosphere and you have brilliant view to the old part of the city on the other side of the river. And of course it helps a lot that people talk english!

The hostel is clean, but our dorm was small with very little ventilation. The sheets were not clean upon our arrival, however were changed once we got there. Scotty the owner was drunk 90% of the time, and was not much help to us at all. There is a great chill out room with a tv and DVD player, and a nice outdoor area to relax in. Beware if you have rolling luggage as there is a cobblestone uphill walk to get there.

Stayed the one night with Scotty. Berat's a beautiful town, the old fortress good for a couple of hours walking around.

Hostel is in a great location overlooking the river and main part of Berat. Easy walking distance to the town, restaurants and the castle. Rooms were clean, comfortable and staff very friendly and helpful. Great terrace to relax with a beer. I was traveling with my family including 4 kids, and we all enjoyed our stay very much.

• 13th Jul 2013

A nice hostel for backpackers wanting to connect with other travellers, but not so good if you are sensitive to noise and want to get up at a reasonable hour. Some gatherings in the back yard (where the dorm room windows are faced) created a lot of noise until the early morning. Otherwise a very charming hostel with a perfect location.