Berat Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Gorica, 295, Berat, Albania

Scotty had great vision buying this historic house five years ago and is still working on it's renovation and expansion. The relaxed atmosphere is apparent in the garden, over breakfast, in the evenings over a beer... There are places to retreat like the upstairs sitting area near the clothesline. (yes, you can do laundry here) Set in the cobbled old part of town, the peace is appreciated. At night you can see St. Michael's church lit up across the river.

Nice hostel, relaxed atmosphere with beautiful garden, helpful and friendly staff and recommended sites and restaurants to visit.

Perfect location and beautiful terrace. Hostel is clean and located in a typical old house. Breakfast included in price is delicious. Just maybe one bad point is that there are a bit too few bathrooms (showers) to satisfy all the guests especially during the hot sweaty summer days (often need to wait in the morning or evening).

I really enjoyed this place and the owner is great. He will answers all of your questions. The atmosphere is great and it is easy to meet people. I think they do a nightly dinner, at least they did on the 2 nights I was there. The only issue would be there were only 2 toilets.

Great views from the hostel, friendly staff, nice chill out area, just a few minutes walk to the attractions...I really enjoyed my stay here and I felt so relaxed.

Cannot fault the hostel..... Scotty has put together a great place to stay and makes everyone feel welcome..... the place is very clean and comfortable..... there are also a couple of very good walking tours available..... we did the communist walking tour and it was excellent.

Very good hostel with kind and polite stuff. Everything on BIG PLUS.

Very good hostel in a colorful Ottoman town with castle. Hostel run by an Englishman who is onsite to help with whatever you need. Got me a taxi to take me up to the castle perched high on the hills I couldn't walk, pick me up later and take me to Ethnographic Museum, let me walk back down the rest of the way through neighborhood of old Ottoman houses, mosques. Hostel is on bank of river with view of castle, houses, ancient orthodox church on the hills opposite. Good directions provided.

I think this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Only a short walk from the centre, great breakfast including fruit. Great chill out area in the garden. View from the upstairs terrace of castle, river and old bridge. Comfy beds and Scott the owner, and the other staff are very friendly and helpful. Daily dinner option is also a bonus if you don't want to go into town to eat and is reasonably priced. I thoroughly recommend this hostel.

Great hostel! Has a ton of character, and the staff (at current time, a couple from the US) were friendly, helpful and attentive. Great breakfast! I actually extended my stay because I enjoyed it so much at this place. Things to note are that the short path to the hostel is a bit lumpy, so wear sensible shoes and know that you'll have to carry any rolling luggage.

Great place to stay in Berat, staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great. Only complaint is lack of showers and toilets, could be an issue when hostel is full.

the house is nice and is located in the old Town. It could have been quite great BUT there are some draw backs which are really not inevitable. 1.- kitchen is very small with limited facilities 2.- lights are very poor. There is not a corner for reading or Writing. Doorms are poorly illuminated, no reading lights, lights at reception is very poor, kitchen and baathrooms on the low side 3.- the house is buid on a slope thus many stairs and steps. They could be less, have markings, have hand rail

The location is good which is in heritage area. The hostel belongs to the heritage . The twin room is beautifully decorated. The breakfast is good also.

histrical place

This was a great and relaxing hostel. I enjoyed the outdoor common area and getting to know the other people staying there, as well as the workers and owners.

• 19th Apr 2013

Definitely a summer hostel - the rooms were freezing. Staff are nice and it's in a great location!

My stay at Berat Backpackers was outstanding.. Albania is such a magnificent country, staying in Berat gives you an insight to how Albania lives. The hostel staff were very kind and thoughtful, they tried to help us in every way. Also the dinner at the hostel was amazing, great when traveling for so long to have a home cooked meal with vegies and meat… Accommodation was clean and tidy. Dorms were good size. Breakfast was excellent, Burek, toast, fruit ect. We cant wait to see Scott, Miri again.

One of the prettiest hostels I've ever stayed in!

Very good hostel!! Cosy, clean and great staff!! Scotty is the kind of guy always willing to help you.

This is a really good hostel. Had a great time here. Awesome staff, great facilities and a great place to chill out and explore a cool Albanian town. Highly recommend.