7.8
Very Good 1,126 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 1,126 Total Reviews
Bergen YMCA Hostel Located at Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4, , Bergen.
Norway
Bergen 5017 Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4
78% 1126
60.3944059 5.3267383
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016
7.1

Bit too militant on rules, no alcohol allowed in the building and security locks on every single door including toilets. Staff were never there when needed. Clean and safe though.

• Slovenia, Female, 18-24
6th Apr 2016

Nice hostel in the center of the city. The only dissapointig things are the showers, they are common, without place to take off/on your clothes (there is room before the showers) only curtains covers you.. You have to push the water button all the time.

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
29th Mar 2016

I really like this hostel and I regret staying only 1 night here. I check-in by myself because I arrived there at night but I didn't feel any uncomfortable things. Especially the recommendation places to vist given by hostel was really useful.

24th Mar 2016

The hostel is ideally located, near the fish market and the main tourist information office. There were a bathroom and a small kitchen in the room (4 beds dorm) and there was a blind at the window, which is rarely the case in hostels. Possible to chill in the common area. Recommandable :)

20th Mar 2016

You have to place your own linens on your bed but it's a clean facility and the staff is prompt with email to answer questions. I went during the winter season so I actually didn't see a staff member during my stay there because I checked in after hours and left before they arrived. However, they provided me with all the information I needed to get into the hostel after hours. Pre-payment is mandatory for a late check-in. Because there wasn't staff, I couldn't find the shower.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
4th Mar 2016

Has everything you need and is in a good location. I arrived after hours so didn't actually meet the staff but they provided me with everything I needed including recommendations for things to do in the area.

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Feb 2016
6.3

It's what's you pay for. Pros- it's cheap, There is kitchen facilities and A lounge, It's perfect location, Atmosphere when busy. Cons- one shower curtain for the 5 girls communal showers, Lockers only accessible when staff working 08:00-15:00, Took 5 minutes to get hot shower,

18th Feb 2016
6.9

Very good location in Bergen, close to the city center with easy access from the Airport and only a short walk to Fløibanen, Bryggen and the Fish Market. Option to put a deposit to get access to secure lockers close to the reception is a plus. No TV in the TV-room, all computers were out of order, but free and stable wifi. The bathroom lacked incline on the floor so the floor was completely wet after taking a shower.

• Austria, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2016
7.7

We had a really goo time there, even though the showers haven't been exactly superclean, and didn't provide lots of privacy. I guess for scandinavia it is an amazing value for money though! The location is just brilliant, the staff very helpful. Thanks!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Feb 2016
6.6

The hostel has an awesome location- close to everything, including the central train/bus station. They also had great recommendations for places to eat and some discounts too. The biggest drawback was the winter hours- reception closed mid afternoon, so we had to pay for everything in advance (not usually a problem, but we booked as a group, so I had to pay for it all). Also, other than when we checked in, we did not see anyone else in the hostel during our stay...