Bergen YMCA Hostel Reviews

Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4, Bergen, Norway

Nice location! Close to everything. you need your key card to get access to all the commom areas, so better remember to bring your key card with you whenever you leave the room.

perfect location! nice atmosphere. great equipment in the guest kitchen (sometimes a bit crowdy, because a lot of people want to use it)

Rooms are so congested with not enough bathrooms and it no value for money..

The location of this hostel is great. The place itself is a bit grubby and bit that clean. During the winter there is no staff there after 3pm which was very strange.

We stayed only for three nights and we felt very comfortable in a six bed mixed room. Bathroom in the bedroom is a plus, also a small refrigerator, pottery and an electric kettle in the room made our stay easier, since the common kitchen was a little small for all the people in the building. Location and prices are unbeatable for local standards. During our stay computers for guests were all out of order, but wifi worked quite good in the whole building. Lockers available with deposit.

Awesome location, couldn't get a better location in Bergen! Just didn't like the shared shower facilities downstairs, felt very exposed and uncomfortable!

The staff is nice there. helping us point out the bus stops for airport and stuff. there's a small kitchen inside your room which is nice. the view from the room would be awesome if it wasn't raining.

The hostel was nice and the facilities were good. Wifi was excellent The lady at the front desk was helpful. Atmosphere was a bit flat, probably because its winter as well, but perfect place if you like your sleep and don;t want loud parties.

Great location but very impersonal atmosphere during the winter months, it may be a different story in summer, but I only saw a staff member once during my 3 day stay. Not a party hostel at all so don't expect this! Easy to find and a really good location right near the waterfront.

• 24th Jan 2015

Couldn't be positioned any better! Right in the heart of Bergen! I didn't get a chance to meet the staff as I arrived late and left early but everything was prepared for me. I went in low season so not a great atmosphere but the 16 bed dorm didn't feel crowded at all. Showers were a real let down, just room with 2 almost see through dividers to split 3 showers and a curtain to cover you, I felt so exposed! Also only 4 power points for 16 people! Cheapest in Bergen so can't complain too much.

My staying in YMCA Bergen was very pleasant! The dorms were really nice and the facilities were always clean. I liked the really good location of the hostel and enjoyed the good equipped kitchen, but in my opinion the arrangement of the showers was problematic.

Security; lockers need a key from reception, but arriving late afternoon means no staff are on duty (access cards are picked up from a key code safe); therefore I had no use of lockers and had to leave all my possessions in my room unsecured. Location; can't beat it for being central in Bergen Cleanliness; the bathroom smelt really damp