Bergen YMCA Hostel Reviews

Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4, Bergen, Norway

Liked the location. My room smelled quite badly, unsure whether it was someone's food that they were cooking in the kitchen or my roommate but it was pretty gross.

The day I leave ,some one from Korea lost her bike in hostel,sad!

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Thailand

Non-existent atmosphere. Staff pretty impersonal for a hostel, and the whole place was rather simply a place to crash for me. There was generally very few people at the hostel during my stay, and the ones I met had similar impressions to mine. Very good location though, stone's throw from the harbour & fish market. Sort of old facilities but clean & safe otherwise. Was indeed a very convenient base, as I also went on a fjord daytrip (10min walk to train station). Not many options in Bergen...

Very good location (less than 10 mins away from the train station and 1 min away from the bus stop to the airport). Facilities are ok, and the hostel is pretty clean. A very good option for a short stay in Bergen!

There was no locker in the room and nobody at the reception, so I had to "self check in" and that was a little strange. The staff was not friendly and helpful. Excelent location!

Pros: Great hostel in the middle of the city centre. Clean and spacious dormitory rooms. Cons: Kitchen is to small - and with number of people there there is no space to prepare anything.

The YMCA hostel is in a great location right by the city centre. Walking distance to Fløyen and Ulriken. Helpful staff and clean rooms.

Stayed in 32 bed mixed dorm. Big room, key card entry to hostel and rooms. Nice social living room. Only downside was showers on floor below

The staff had given me very clear instruction regarding a late night checking in. I had no trouble with it. It was my first time in a 24 bed room and obviously, it is not fair to expect to get a sound sleep because there is someone or the other will keep walking in and walking out. The open showers was a new experience for me but I did not mind them. It is a great location and the vibe is great.

Excellent location and good value considering you're in Norway. People in the hostel were all quite anti social which was a same. I also stayed in a dorm room and people would wake from as early as 5am and go to bed as late as 1am making it difficult to get quality sleep!

The staffs working here are terrible. Their answers to every question you've asked are always brief. Not keen in providing any tourist information at all. I asked them about things to do and places to eat, the staff just pointed to a list on the notice board and asked me to read it myself. Also, I asked them how to take a bus to the airport on the last day, and the answer provided was so brief that I have to pay a visit to the Bergen Tourist Information Center to find out myself.

The best hostel in Bergen. Would be great if they organised group activities but everything is really close by and the rooms were super clean & awesome.

Can't rate as I didn't stay here

Ok hostel but not a very social vibe. Dorms were comfortable and clean and the hostel is in a great central location . But very small kitchen and you could only have maximum 6 people in there at a time which is difficult for a big hostel. Also no laundry facilities .

-location was fantastic (just 2 min walk from Fish Market) -hostel staff were very friendly and helpful -had many areas to hangout (1 dining hall, 1 living room, kitchen, lobby) -kitchen was great and had many utensils for cooking -6 bed dorm was long and spacious with ensuite toilet -no aircon/fan but opened windows cooled the room

We found two girls at the reception very unpleasant in the manner. We changed two rooms. The first one was cleaned very superficially, the bathroom tiles were full of dust and so were the structures of the beds and the floor maybe has been swept but it has not been washed cause it was quite sticky. The second room was a disaster! They just changed the sheets but the room has not been cleaned and that was clear. There was a splotch of dried toothpaste on the wall above the sink!

faultless. extremely friendly informative staff. fantastic facilities. excellent value. wonderfully central. spotless clean bedding. I cannot tecommend your hostel more highly and I have told all my friends about the very high standard. and the shower facilities were great, with underfloor heating so were never wet like they often are in facilities in the UK.

• 26th Jul 2015

This hostel was a good option for us because of prices in Bergen, it was one of the cheapest options and with a fantastic location. Everything was efficient, it's a very big hostel, good for sleeping but not anything outstanding, and lacking the personal touch a bit! Small things like putting hooks in the bathrooms would be easy and help a lot, the room didn't have enough outlets for everyone to charge, again just getting a powerboats would help a lot.

Great location, just one minute from the Fish Market. Hostel is located in an old building well adapted to the needs of travelers. I stayed in 6 beds room with kitchen area and a small bathroom. There was very little space for personal things, but rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. The price for night was high, but not discouraging, as hostel was fully booked.

During we our stay in hostel,we kept baggage in locker room.We noticed that staffs are not checking whether concern person is taking his/her baggage from locker room....

« first « Prev 1 2 3