Bergen YMCA Hostel Reviews

Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4, Bergen, Norway

Great place to stay in a beautiful city.

Really great hostel in central Bergen.

• 30th Sep 2014

We were drinking on a Friday night calmly in the common area and suddenly a staff member cane to us yelling that we can't drink there, a rule that wasn't specified when we booked the hostel. He was very rude, disrespectful and even threatened to call the police when we asked him why he was saying that to us. I hope that place makes something to change that kind of behavior in their staff.

All is exellent, espessialy the location - right in the city center!

Ok hostel for the price but with a bit of institutionalized atmosphere. You get what you pay for so that is fine. Sleeping in a huge dorm is of course always noisy, but it's what can be expected from the price and dorm-facilities. The hostel has a great location and is a fine option for travelers needing just a bed to sleep in (We came late at night and left early in the morning so it was fine).

Booking the cheapest option we could find in Bergen, we were surprised in a positive way! Everything looks quite new and clean, bathroom is nice and warm and even the 16-bed-dorm didn't seem that large :)

Kitchen was an eye sore when we arrived - unwashed dishes in the sink and pretty much a mess. The short-haired female receptionist appeared very unfriendly (if not rude!) to me when I went to enquire about my room arrangement and she accused me for "giving the completely wrong info" when she asked me for my name. When the misunderstanding due to pronunciation cleared, she stressed again that I "gave her the completely wrong info" without a proper apology. Generally disrespectful.

Fantastic location. The only negative was no locker facilities in the rooms to lock valuables away.

It was sometimes quite loud in the common areas late at night. The hostel is perfectly located in the heart of the city.

• 8th Sep 2014

The YMCA hostel is really nice. I really recommend the cafe downstairs. The location cannot be better in Bergen. The rooftop is relaxing and the common areas are really conducive to meeting people. Beds are pretty standard.

Nice hostel in Bergen, and it has somewhat traditional hostel atmosphere. Location is perfect and other features are great.

Hostel has a great location. There is a big room for meeting and chatting with other travellers. All in all, it is worth what you are paying for.

Great location downtown. Bunkbeds are fairly low so hard to sit on the lower bed for taller people. NO bed lights so inconsiderate people left the main light on till late at night so they could read or make phone calls, while the loud door kept slamming shut in this large bunk room. No lockers by the beds. This room is definitely not the place to go to bed early and get a good night sleep. Nice breakfast.

My umbrella has been stolen from the hall while I was in the toilet, but the staff offered me 100 NOK.

Breakfast should be included in the stay

• 16th Aug 2014

It will be much better to expand the kitchen area.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • China

Staff were excellent. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast was delicious.

Excellent location but very simple otherwise. You get exactly what you pay for which is a clean place to sleep. No frills.

It was a little noisy in the street at night. Our room was facing the back street. Maybe it was just because it was the tall ships race that weekend. We enjoyed the roof terrace. The beds and bathroom was comfortable.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Denmark
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel is in great location , close to fish market, also the terrasse with the view on harbour is wonderful. We were in 4bed room, very small, no space for things, on upper beds no shelf, no light, at night noise from the street. The common kitchen very small and warm, no airing, with only 1 stove working, it is not enough for a plenty of people accomodated

« first « Prev 1 2 3