Bergen YMCA Hostel Reviews

Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4, Bergen, Norway

Nice hostel. Decent kitchen and common rooms. Right next to the harbour.

I really liked the location, it's the best part of the hostel. My biggest issue was the shower situation. Some of the showers didn't have curtains, some did, but they shared with a second shower next to it. The temperature of the water could not be changed and you had to frequently hit the button for the shower to work.

Great locations. We stayed in a four bed dorm which has a ensuite and small kitchenette which was handy. The hostel kitchen was a decent size and the hostel has a nice terrace with a view. Would definitely stay again!

The atmosphere was not friendly or helpful at all. My flatmates came back after 2-3 every night and I made a request to change the room. Also checkin was later than specified. I emailed them days before asking for an early checkin which they apparently offer. I was disappointed. Location is great, right next to the fish market and it is a good value, considering how expensive Norway is.

Location was great, but the directions on the website weren't totally clear , a lot of families and older travelers, overall great hostel!

Staff was very helpful nice and friendly. Breakfast was great

I stayed in a 4 people mixed dorm. Awesome facilities, never expected there to be a fridge, a kettle and stoves to be in the room! Location's perfect. Only downside was that breakfast was not included and the kitchen is so tiny. With only one sink and 4 stoves people had to line up every time.

No power socket near the bed.

I loved this hostel! I would recommend it to anyone. The location was perfect. Right by the fish market, close to hiking trails and a grocery store etc. the staff was nice and very helpful. Definitely stay here!

Toilet/showers inside and outside the rooms, excellent location. Just perfect!

Location was excellent and bedding was clean.

Hostel is in a great location, but rooms were pretty crammed. Not much space to move around and such, but facilities were all clean.

I had a very pleasant stay here with my friend and would try and stay there again if I return to Bergen. It is located very centrally and the shared kitchen and large dining room enabled us to meet lots of interesting people. The dorm room was very nicely done and it was clean and tidy. I really did have a great time!

Staff had good communication over email before my arrival around 11pm. Once I was at the hostel however I found the staff a little reluctant to help with questions I had. Nothing major though, they just didn't seem interested which can be dissapointing for a traveller excited to be in a new city.

It was great, was nice to come back to a warm bed after spending a few nights in a hammock on a mountain, but overall I really enjoyed my stay and will be returning next year when we will concur the troll tongue

• 30th Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Good location in the Bergen town, we thought that the breakfast is included but not. It would be better to include also breakfast

It was a descent hostel...the bedding was a little old. My bunk bed was tiny and in the smallest corner...it was kind of awkward. I guess the location made up for any inconveniences, it was at the heart of the city.

everything was quite good, I think

The hostel was clean and well equipped but lacked a sense of community and atmosphere for the price. The desk staff were not as friendly as they usually are at hostels but that could also just be a cultural difference. Overall it was a good stay in a good location, just a bit pricey.