Bergen YMCA Hostel Reviews

Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4, Bergen, Norway

Excellent location and good value considering you're in Norway. People in the hostel were all quite anti social which was a same. I also stayed in a dorm room and people would wake from as early as 5am and go to bed as late as 1am making it difficult to get quality sleep!

The staffs working here are terrible. Their answers to every question you've asked are always brief. Not keen in providing any tourist information at all. I asked them about things to do and places to eat, the staff just pointed to a list on the notice board and asked me to read it myself. Also, I asked them how to take a bus to the airport on the last day, and the answer provided was so brief that I have to pay a visit to the Bergen Tourist Information Center to find out myself.

The best hostel in Bergen. Would be great if they organised group activities but everything is really close by and the rooms were super clean & awesome.

Can't rate as I didn't stay here

Ok hostel but not a very social vibe. Dorms were comfortable and clean and the hostel is in a great central location . But very small kitchen and you could only have maximum 6 people in there at a time which is difficult for a big hostel. Also no laundry facilities .

-location was fantastic (just 2 min walk from Fish Market) -hostel staff were very friendly and helpful -had many areas to hangout (1 dining hall, 1 living room, kitchen, lobby) -kitchen was great and had many utensils for cooking -6 bed dorm was long and spacious with ensuite toilet -no aircon/fan but opened windows cooled the room

We found two girls at the reception very unpleasant in the manner. We changed two rooms. The first one was cleaned very superficially, the bathroom tiles were full of dust and so were the structures of the beds and the floor maybe has been swept but it has not been washed cause it was quite sticky. The second room was a disaster! They just changed the sheets but the room has not been cleaned and that was clear. There was a splotch of dried toothpaste on the wall above the sink!

faultless. extremely friendly informative staff. fantastic facilities. excellent value. wonderfully central. spotless clean bedding. I cannot tecommend your hostel more highly and I have told all my friends about the very high standard. and the shower facilities were great, with underfloor heating so were never wet like they often are in facilities in the UK.

• 26th Jul 2015

This hostel was a good option for us because of prices in Bergen, it was one of the cheapest options and with a fantastic location. Everything was efficient, it's a very big hostel, good for sleeping but not anything outstanding, and lacking the personal touch a bit! Small things like putting hooks in the bathrooms would be easy and help a lot, the room didn't have enough outlets for everyone to charge, again just getting a powerboats would help a lot.

Great location, just one minute from the Fish Market. Hostel is located in an old building well adapted to the needs of travelers. I stayed in 6 beds room with kitchen area and a small bathroom. There was very little space for personal things, but rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. The price for night was high, but not discouraging, as hostel was fully booked.

During we our stay in hostel,we kept baggage in locker room.We noticed that staffs are not checking whether concern person is taking his/her baggage from locker room....

I really love how the hostel is so strategically located. The only thing is, I wished that the bathrooms are equipped with the hooks so that we can hook our towels and clean clothes on it. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable stay :)

The location is just the best you can get, 50m to the fish market, 150m to the old town Bryggen. Airport buses and IKEA buses are also a 2 minute-walk away! It has a great terrace with a beautiful view onto the bay, the dorm was quite big and clean. It is nothing special, but I haven't found any reason not to go here especially because of the location!

Very good ambiance and enables social connections between travels. The Kitchen is fully functional and with the good will of everybody is easy to manage it. Well located, right on city centre and near the Railway Station.

Nice and clean room, spacious common area!! Convenient location. Overall pretty good.

Was a great hostel, such an amazing location and security was great also. Really enjoyed my stay here 😃😃

• 6th Jul 2015

Great place! You can get to everything by foot! You can buy food in a store just acros the street. I believe that is the best hostel in Bergen! Will stay here in the future!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Russia

very clean and comfortable hostel in a great location.

Great hostel - clean and in perfect location with nice roof terrace. Not much atnosphere for meeting others, over priced breakfast and a bit expensive for a hostel.

Nice hostel. Decent kitchen and common rooms. Right next to the harbour.

« first « Prev 1 2 3