Bergen YMCA Hostel Reviews

Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4, Bergen, Norway

This hostel was a good option for us because of prices in Bergen, it was one of the cheapest options and with a fantastic location. Everything was efficient, it's a very big hostel, good for sleeping but not anything outstanding, and lacking the personal touch a bit! Small things like putting hooks in the bathrooms would be easy and help a lot, the room didn't have enough outlets for everyone to charge, again just getting a powerboats would help a lot.

During we our stay in hostel,we kept baggage in locker room.We noticed that staffs are not checking whether concern person is taking his/her baggage from locker room....

I really love how the hostel is so strategically located. The only thing is, I wished that the bathrooms are equipped with the hooks so that we can hook our towels and clean clothes on it. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable stay :)

The location is just the best you can get, 50m to the fish market, 150m to the old town Bryggen. Airport buses and IKEA buses are also a 2 minute-walk away! It has a great terrace with a beautiful view onto the bay, the dorm was quite big and clean. It is nothing special, but I haven't found any reason not to go here especially because of the location!

Very good ambiance and enables social connections between travels. The Kitchen is fully functional and with the good will of everybody is easy to manage it. Well located, right on city centre and near the Railway Station.

Nice and clean room, spacious common area!! Convenient location. Overall pretty good.

Was a great hostel, such an amazing location and security was great also. Really enjoyed my stay here 😃😃

• 6th Jul 2015

Great place! You can get to everything by foot! You can buy food in a store just acros the street. I believe that is the best hostel in Bergen! Will stay here in the future!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Russia

very clean and comfortable hostel in a great location.

Great hostel - clean and in perfect location with nice roof terrace. Not much atnosphere for meeting others, over priced breakfast and a bit expensive for a hostel.

Nice hostel. Decent kitchen and common rooms. Right next to the harbour.

I really liked the location, it's the best part of the hostel. My biggest issue was the shower situation. Some of the showers didn't have curtains, some did, but they shared with a second shower next to it. The temperature of the water could not be changed and you had to frequently hit the button for the shower to work.

Great locations. We stayed in a four bed dorm which has a ensuite and small kitchenette which was handy. The hostel kitchen was a decent size and the hostel has a nice terrace with a view. Would definitely stay again!

The atmosphere was not friendly or helpful at all. My flatmates came back after 2-3 every night and I made a request to change the room. Also checkin was later than specified. I emailed them days before asking for an early checkin which they apparently offer. I was disappointed. Location is great, right next to the fish market and it is a good value, considering how expensive Norway is.

Location was great, but the directions on the website weren't totally clear , a lot of families and older travelers, overall great hostel!

Staff was very helpful nice and friendly. Breakfast was great

I stayed in a 4 people mixed dorm. Awesome facilities, never expected there to be a fridge, a kettle and stoves to be in the room! Location's perfect. Only downside was that breakfast was not included and the kitchen is so tiny. With only one sink and 4 stoves people had to line up every time.

No power socket near the bed.

I loved this hostel! I would recommend it to anyone. The location was perfect. Right by the fish market, close to hiking trails and a grocery store etc. the staff was nice and very helpful. Definitely stay here!