Bergen YMCA Hostel Reviews

Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4, Bergen, Norway

Hostel is in a great location, but rooms were pretty crammed. Not much space to move around and such, but facilities were all clean.

I had a very pleasant stay here with my friend and would try and stay there again if I return to Bergen. It is located very centrally and the shared kitchen and large dining room enabled us to meet lots of interesting people. The dorm room was very nicely done and it was clean and tidy. I really did have a great time!

Staff had good communication over email before my arrival around 11pm. Once I was at the hostel however I found the staff a little reluctant to help with questions I had. Nothing major though, they just didn't seem interested which can be dissapointing for a traveller excited to be in a new city.

It was great, was nice to come back to a warm bed after spending a few nights in a hammock on a mountain, but overall I really enjoyed my stay and will be returning next year when we will concur the troll tongue

• 30th Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Good location in the Bergen town, we thought that the breakfast is included but not. It would be better to include also breakfast

It was a descent hostel...the bedding was a little old. My bunk bed was tiny and in the smallest corner...it was kind of awkward. I guess the location made up for any inconveniences, it was at the heart of the city.

everything was quite good, I think

The hostel was clean and well equipped but lacked a sense of community and atmosphere for the price. The desk staff were not as friendly as they usually are at hostels but that could also just be a cultural difference. Overall it was a good stay in a good location, just a bit pricey.

It was so hard to did plugs to charge a phone or camera and even in a 18 mixed from there was only a plug to charge. Showers were in the lower ground so have to go up and down to take shower.

Nice location! Close to everything. you need your key card to get access to all the commom areas, so better remember to bring your key card with you whenever you leave the room.

perfect location! nice atmosphere. great equipment in the guest kitchen (sometimes a bit crowdy, because a lot of people want to use it)

Rooms are so congested with not enough bathrooms and it no value for money..

The location of this hostel is great. The place itself is a bit grubby and bit that clean. During the winter there is no staff there after 3pm which was very strange.

We stayed only for three nights and we felt very comfortable in a six bed mixed room. Bathroom in the bedroom is a plus, also a small refrigerator, pottery and an electric kettle in the room made our stay easier, since the common kitchen was a little small for all the people in the building. Location and prices are unbeatable for local standards. During our stay computers for guests were all out of order, but wifi worked quite good in the whole building. Lockers available with deposit.

Awesome location, couldn't get a better location in Bergen! Just didn't like the shared shower facilities downstairs, felt very exposed and uncomfortable!

The staff is nice there. helping us point out the bus stops for airport and stuff. there's a small kitchen inside your room which is nice. the view from the room would be awesome if it wasn't raining.

The hostel was nice and the facilities were good. Wifi was excellent The lady at the front desk was helpful. Atmosphere was a bit flat, probably because its winter as well, but perfect place if you like your sleep and don;t want loud parties.

1 2 Next » last »