Bergen YMCA Hostel Reviews

Nedre Korskirkealmenning 4, Bergen, Norway

Non-existent atmosphere. Staff pretty impersonal for a hostel, and the whole place was rather simply a place to crash for me. There was generally very few people at the hostel during my stay, and the ones I met had similar impressions to mine. Very good location though, stone's throw from the harbour & fish market. Sort of old facilities but clean & safe otherwise. Was indeed a very convenient base, as I also went on a fjord daytrip (10min walk to train station). Not many options in Bergen...

Very good location (less than 10 mins away from the train station and 1 min away from the bus stop to the airport). Facilities are ok, and the hostel is pretty clean. A very good option for a short stay in Bergen!

There was no locker in the room and nobody at the reception, so I had to "self check in" and that was a little strange. The staff was not friendly and helpful. Excelent location!

This was a very nice place to stay. Got stuck next to a few snorers but I guess that's the risk of staying in a hostel. Met some really cool people here and the location was unbeatable. Would highly recommend to travelers on a budget who want to stay in the city center! Also check out godt brød next door, my favorite local and organic bread and coffee shop just seconds away!

This was a no-frills hostel. The common rooms didn't really lead to or facilitate any interactions with others, but the central location cannot be beat. I would have liked to have a locker in the dorm. This is the place to stay for your short visit to Bergen.

Pros: Great hostel in the middle of the city centre. Clean and spacious dormitory rooms. Cons: Kitchen is to small - and with number of people there there is no space to prepare anything.

The YMCA hostel is in a great location right by the city centre. Walking distance to Fløyen and Ulriken. Helpful staff and clean rooms.

Stayed in 32 bed mixed dorm. Big room, key card entry to hostel and rooms. Nice social living room. Only downside was showers on floor below

Only stayed here for one night, it was a bit basic but had somewhere to cook and eat as well as comfortable beds. It was exactly what you want and expect for a cheap hostel in the cener of Bergen and would definitely come back here again if I were ever to return to Bergen

The staff had given me very clear instruction regarding a late night checking in. I had no trouble with it. It was my first time in a 24 bed room and obviously, it is not fair to expect to get a sound sleep because there is someone or the other will keep walking in and walking out. The open showers was a new experience for me but I did not mind them. It is a great location and the vibe is great.

Excellent location and good value considering you're in Norway. People in the hostel were all quite anti social which was a same. I also stayed in a dorm room and people would wake from as early as 5am and go to bed as late as 1am making it difficult to get quality sleep!

The staffs working here are terrible. Their answers to every question you've asked are always brief. Not keen in providing any tourist information at all. I asked them about things to do and places to eat, the staff just pointed to a list on the notice board and asked me to read it myself. Also, I asked them how to take a bus to the airport on the last day, and the answer provided was so brief that I have to pay a visit to the Bergen Tourist Information Center to find out myself.

The best hostel in Bergen. Would be great if they organised group activities but everything is really close by and the rooms were super clean & awesome.

Can't rate as I didn't stay here

Ok hostel but not a very social vibe. Dorms were comfortable and clean and the hostel is in a great central location . But very small kitchen and you could only have maximum 6 people in there at a time which is difficult for a big hostel. Also no laundry facilities .

-location was fantastic (just 2 min walk from Fish Market) -hostel staff were very friendly and helpful -had many areas to hangout (1 dining hall, 1 living room, kitchen, lobby) -kitchen was great and had many utensils for cooking -6 bed dorm was long and spacious with ensuite toilet -no aircon/fan but opened windows cooled the room

1 2 Next » last »