Berlin City Lounge Reviews

Pariser Strasse 19, Berlin, Germany

reception hours were extremely limited, hostel seemed abandoned staff was extremely unfriendly and inflexible. started shouting at us when we asked to leave our luggage until 1830 on a Monday..ridiculous definetely not a hostel I would recommend unless you prefer a terrible atmosphere

• 8th Sep 2013

Had a wonderful stay and felt right at home.

• 19th Aug 2013

No staff in the evening, total mess everywhere, no wi-fi, most lockers broken.

I had a terrible experience here. I made a booking with a check-in time for 18:00. When i arrived no one would answer the door. After the third try one of the guests eventually let me in, and said there was no staff there. I found this extremely strange. I decided to leave my luggage in the common room, go get something to eat, and email/ call them. No return email/call. When I went back at 22:00, THERE WAS STILL NO STAFF TO CHECK ME IN. I had to leave and find other accommodations.

The place was unclean. The loo was in awful condition, unclean, smelly, bad all around. They provided towels, which is nice, but they smelled.

• 19th Jul 2013

This hostel is self-managed. There is one persone who comes between 10:00 and 14:00 and otherwise no staff is ever on location. I came late in the night and was unable to check in becouse no one was there. Clients of the hostel ended up opening the door for me and showing me to a room. Its a nice hostel but the staff is not present enough. On the other hand, you can party all night in there and no one will tell you against it.

We found the service, facilities and location good. The staff was also ready to be flexible to our extra requests.

• 18th May 2013
  • Finland

We arrived to a bit of a mix up because the reception had closed without leaving us a key even though we had informed them of our arrival. We were lucky enough to be let into the hostel by some other customers and ended up sleeping in some spare beds and sorted it all out in the morning. The first receptionist was really great and gave us a complimentary breakfast but we had a bit of trouble with the second lady while checking out.

• 18th May 2013

the hostel locatiopn is not good at all, is far from everything,, and there is no frontdesk,, so nobady could help you with any issue,,, also the shower is inside the dorm,, and intead of a wall it only has a curtain (unbelievable)