Bern Backpackers Hotel&Hostel Glocke Reviews

Rathausgasse 75,3007, PO Box 503, Bern, Switzerland

Location was awesome. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Everything was clean. Oh yea, did i mention the location was awesome

Very nice hostel in the center of Bern. Liked it a lot.

Fine. Small dorms. Dorm is as expensive as a hotel room (although everything is expensive in switzerland). Good common room but basically everyone in there stuck to themselves.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Finland

This was the BEST hostel I stayed in Switzerland, and honestly perhaps the best over my last 7 countries of travel also. They are efficient, clean, helpful

Nice hostel right in the middle of town. Staff were really friendly and also have us a free transport card for the days we were there. Room was pretty basic but had a sink in it and a wall dividing 2 sections so we had some privacy (we're a couple). They also had a huge kitchen/dining/lounge area. A bit expensive but everything in Switzerland is!

Overall, great hostel. A bit pricey, but that is Switzerland for you. Not much I could complain about this hostel overall, other than I wish they did not have a gap in their hours at the front desk. If you arrive during those times, then your stuck. Obviously, you cannot always plan around this, so just be aware.

As a female travelling by myself this place was safe and in a great location in the middle of the city and near the train station. good kitchen and wifi! It's expensive but that's Switzerland.

I had a miserable night here. That wasn't the hostel's fault (snorers and thrashers) but I should mention it as it may well colour my review. The location is excellent, right at the heart of the Altstadt, a couple of stops by tram from the main station. The layout of the six bed dorm was not ideal. The ladder for the bunk was squeezed behind a table with coat hooks (dangerously, I thought) at eye level as you climb. Limited washing/toilet facilities.

I thought that the hostel was ver good. I would reccomend that they put more consideration into allocation of rooms. If possible look to put young people in the same rooms as there were a wide age group that choose your facilities.

Very good central location in Bern, Friendly staff, although small reception area. Good common room and kitchen. Bathrooms were clean. Rooms a fair size for 2. Overall not a bad hostel.

One of the staff members was very short and not welcoming. The other one was super nice and open to questions and helped me out immensely. The enviornment is very independent, no hanging out. The hostel was really clean and nice though overall :)

Nice hostel. I liked the big lockers inside the room and the commons area was quite nice. but I have a few issues: Very expensive rate with no breakfast included. No free coffee or tea either. No power outlets on my side of the room. Located next to the clock tower it was hard to get a good nights sleep because that clock chimes every 15 minutes. I found Alplodge in Interlaken to be much cheaper and include a hearty breakfast.

Owner is extremely cheap and needs to hire more people instead of over-working the 2 people on staff!

Really nice stay! Lockers at the room, very clean, wi-fi works at the room and just in front of a bus station in the best part of the city. I would strongly recommend!

수수료를 1박당 5프랑.... 루체른에서는 똑같은 스위스인데 그런거 없었는데 당황스러웠다. 그거말고는 excellent. 방에서 와이파이 약함

Overall a really nice hostel in a fantastic location, but bathrooms are dated and there's not enough per floor.

Great location, friendly helpful staff, quite small rooms, decent common area but always very quiet and boring.

Everything is fine ,only reception will close at noon

Best hostel in Europe !

Great hostel! Fast internet, nice common room, clean and functional kitchen, clean... Possibly one of the best fosters we stayed at! Breakfast is quite expensive (if you want to buy it there, it's around 20CHF) but you can cater for yourself and.. remember it's Switzerland, there are not many cheap things...

« first « Prev 1 2 3