Bern Backpackers Hotel&Hostel Glocke Reviews

Rathausgasse 75,3007, PO Box 503, Bern, Switzerland

Great location, nice place, yeah pretty good!

Dirty shower rooms and rude staff but excellent location

• 24th Apr 2015

Wonderful hostel! The place was clean and safe and right in the center of Bern's old city. The staff was friendly and helpful and the common room had a very fun and welcoming vibe about it. A little pricy, but so is everything in Bern. I would definitely recommend it.

Great location, nice staff and good kitchen to use. The only problem is that you need to lift up your suitcase to the level 1 floor.

Very clean and organised, no complaints whatsoever. Location is perfect, 2 minutes from the the Zytglogge and Bern's old town. The club that runs on the ground floor, Quasimodo, was nice on a Saturday night, although not spectacular. It was a bit noisy but I don't usually mind that and they had free earplugs for those who do. I couldn't find any hostel-organised activities, even though they advertise some done by other people (like the walking tour).

Carry our luggage to reception floor is a heavy task. Reception closed from 12 to 3pm is also an inconvenience.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Singapore
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hostel was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in: super clean, had plenty outlets per bed, bedside light, and large free locker. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm and there was a wall dividing it, so it felt like a 4-bed, plus there was a sink in it. There is limited check-in time and no breakfast, but if you read the description you'd know that. Staff weren't overly excited or full of energy like some hostel staff, but they pleasantly answered all my questions. Lacked atmosphere for solo traveler.

Can't beat location and how close it is to all forms of transportation. Great value for your money and I found everything to be super clean. Would definitely stay again!

Great sitting area downstairs and full kitchen access. Good location, right Downtown. There is a bar downstairs that can get a little loud, and the rooms are nothing special but they were fine for our one night stay.

The hostel is very good, good location but doesn't have reception 24h.

great hostel

Common Room is very very nice and has a excellent kitchen but the bed room is not so good as the common room

It's unfortunate that there are limited reception hours, and that WiFi is only in the common room. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay.

Good news! We now provide free wifi internet in all our rooms .20.03.2015.

I had a great time there! The location was great and staff was really nice and helpful! Would stay there again.

All the things is good

Great location, great facilities, not too many young people here though.

Located in the old part of Bern which is really cool. They give you a bus ticket that lasts your entire stay. Kitchen and laundry if you need it. I would definitely return.

+ A nice hostel at an unbeatable location, staff is friendly and the shared bathroom was perfectly clean. - At weekends the bar on the ground floor is really loud, earplugs are provided by the hostel - that helps. Wifi only in the lobby.

The staff was really great at giving suggestions, and you can rent a fondue kit from them, which is a good way to experience a Swiss meal! Also, you couldn't be closer to the best parts of Bern: Everything is at most 10 minutes away, but usually only a 1 minute walk!

Fantastic location. Good value for money (in the context of expensive Switzerland). I would stay here again. My only complaint is about the lack of plug sockets/power points in both the rooms & common area.