Bern Backpackers Hotel&Hostel Glocke Reviews

Rathausgasse 75,3007, PO Box 503, Bern, Switzerland

2003 Total Reviews

Location excellent! Walking distance to everything. Staff were really helpful and willing to assist. Nice common area. Facilities really good, big kitchen, excellent wifi, rooms really comfortable with everything you need.

The staff takes a 3 hour lunch break, so the reception is closed between noon and 3pm. If you leave a bag for storage during the day, you can only pick it up before noon or after 3:00. Otherwise it was fine.

The dorm was nice, fairly spacious, and clean and the free locker was quite large. However, it was somewhat loud at night as the hostel is located above a club/bar; we could hear the music even on the 4th floor.

Guy at front desk was so hopefully in explaining how to completely utilise my short stay in bern! Would definitely go back

really inconvenient that the front desk closes for 3hrs during lunch..... 3 hrs!

My one-night stay at the hostel was great. The staff were super helpful and friendly. The room was clean and bed and blankets very comfortable. The shower and toilet were clean and very close to the room and very private. I was able to leave my bag at the hostel all day after check out and return to use the wifi and washroom before departing from Bern. A great stay, would definitely stay again and reccommend to friends. The free transit card was really useful too.

Brilliant hostel, and the staff are very nice. Security is great, but switzerland has different adapters to the rest of europe. While they had many European adapters, it wasn't possible to have one by my bed. Would definitely recommend staying here, but don't stay in Bern for more than two nights - thereby nothing really to do after one days worth of sight seeing, much better to use it as a brief stop over before going to other destinations.

It was a nice hostel with great location. Only issue is the reception not being open in the afternoons. We arrived there around 13:00 and we couldn't even leave our bags until after 15:00. We had a rental car so we left them in the car but if we were coming from train station we would have to wait and lose a lot of time waiting.

We had a pleasant stay at the hostel. The only issue was the reception being closed for 2 hours for lunch and we had to wait. A few other times even though it was reception s working hours there was nobody there. The location is very good and the transpiration is included in city tax price. I guess that is the best facility considering how expensive everything is in Switzerland.

Saturday night music was blaring until at least 3 am from the bar or club downstairs. This was very unpleasant. I was on the 4th floor and could feel it pulsing into my brain. Other than that everything was fine but I would not stay there due to a stressful and almost sleepless night.

• 26th Dec 2015

This hostel was great. I wish we had more time to spend here. We didn't do as much planning for Bern, but the staff was super helpful in answering all of our questions and recommend a few places. The hang out area is really nice area to sit and hang out. It was Christmas when we were there, so very quiet, but I'd definitely go back in a busier time to enjoy what Glocke has to offer!

The hostel is very good, similar to those that I stayed in Switzerland. They are normally top rated compared to any others I've visited in Europe, but the price is almost the double. It very near to the main attractions in Bern, which is a nice and cozy city.

I waited there for 1 hour and no one is at the reception. So we have to leave, and I still paid 60 euro for not living there

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • China

Nice place. It's a bit frustrating that reception closes between 12 and 3 as our train arrived at 1.30 and we couldn't leave our stuff till check in. But all in all its close to everything, easy to find.

Great kitchen and communal area, great central location. Recommend!

Absolutely amazing experience. Very clean rooms, smelled wonderful everywhere ( even bathrooms!). Central location right in the middle of town. Would definitely recommend!

Hostel wasn't great but wasn't too bad either. Staff were mixed - the younger ones were helpful and nice but the older female staff member that dealt with my check in was impatient/unhelpful/slightly rude. Quite expensive for what you get and the 10pm closing of the reception desk makes it difficult to get there when arriving on evening flights. The other hostel i stayed at in bern offered free buffet breakfast at the same price as this hostel.

Very clean and great atmosphere. Central location. Friendly and helpful staff who told us where to find cool places in the city. We were also given bus passes for the days we were there which was incredibly helpful.

This hostel was well priced for Switzerland, had a good location and the staff were very friendly and knowledgable about the area. The rooms were cozy with comfortable beds. Each bed had it's own charging station, everyone had huge lockers and the bathrooms were very clean. I would definitely stay here again!

Nice hotel in the center of Bern. But our towels were smelling of cigarettes and the pub in the ground flour was too loud during the whole night. If you want to have rest it's not the best choice definitely.

• 14th Nov 2015