Bern Backpackers Hotel&Hostel Glocke Reviews

Rathausgasse 75,3007, PO Box 503, Bern, Switzerland

Great hostel! Fast internet, nice common room, clean and functional kitchen, clean... Possibly one of the best fosters we stayed at! Breakfast is quite expensive (if you want to buy it there, it's around 20CHF) but you can cater for yourself and.. remember it's Switzerland, there are not many cheap things...

In my opinion it is a very good hostel in a great location (in the middle of the city center). The staff was very friendly and helpful. You get everything you need there, including a public transportation ticket for the city.

The main value in this hostel comes from its central and great location but also from its lovely common room/kitchen area and friendly staff. Rooms were basic but comfy. Showers and toilets would definitely benefit from modernising and beautifying to make for a more pleasant and comfortable stay. You can get 10% discount on Swiss army knives but the place directly opposite the hostel sells them including engraving, only if you buy from them.

Great kitchen

This was a lovely Hostel to stay at, it was quite load when people shut doors but it was a very good location!

• 5th Sep 2014

The staff was very helpful and the location was very easily accessible.

We enjoyed our time.. I want to go back soon!!

• 31st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Nice stay! Great kitchen not much of an atmosphere! Movies in the common room were nice! Close to everything

The hostel is in an excellent location situated in the old town of Bern which is definitely the most beautiful. Efficient staff although slightly off standish, the kitchen/communal area was big and have you access to all kitchen utilities you would need to cook for yourself (as it is super expensive to eat out we often walked to the migros supermarket about 5mins away) NOTE: there is a club in the basement - v noisy thurs-sat (esp on 1st floor) and they are most expensive nights to stay.

When we came, the lady said she didnt had a bed for my male friend. She said hat because we wrote in our reservation that we were 2 girls, they put us in a female dorm (althought we booked a mixed one). My friend slept in a mattress in a male dorm (we paid the normal price). She was rude and acted iike she was doing us a favour. We didnt have this problem in the other hostels and I dont understand why she puted us in a female dorm if we booked a mixed one. Other than that, it was OK.

Really liked this hostel, the rooms were big and had secure lockers and amenities in the room (personal book lights, sink in room, etc) Great location virtually in the centre and beds were really comfy. I used the common room for free tea and the WIFI which had quite a lot of people using it.

Great location easy to get to and close to everything. Internet only worked on main floor which was okay because there was lots of places to sit and charge.

Great stay

離火車站很近,景點都在附近很好

Nice, clean, basic hostel in an ok position in Bern. The communal room is the best I've seen with free tea and coffee

great hostel! would definitely stay again :)

Compared to other cities this hostel is fairly expensive (Switzerland is expensive in general). Every encounter with staff didn't lead us to believe they wanted to be there or help visitors.

The location is very great.it is near the tourist spots. the safety is great. They have elevator,washing machine.(I haven't used it.) The common area is nice. We can use the wifi there only. The staff are nice .I can leave my luggage there after my check out. However,I need to pick them before 12 noon since the reception is closed from 12noon to 3pm .

The location of the hostel is perfect, also the beds and the lockers are very nice. We had a pleasant stay!!

This hostel is wonderful. I was able to check in early. Staff very helpful. Clean bathrooms and well equipped kitchen. Quiet at night. Right in the town centre with bus stop right at the door. Perfect!

« first « Prev 1 2 3