Bern Backpackers Hotel&Hostel Glocke Reviews

Rathausgasse 75,3007, PO Box 503, Bern, Switzerland

The hostel is in an excellent location situated in the old town of Bern which is definitely the most beautiful. Efficient staff although slightly off standish, the kitchen/communal area was big and have you access to all kitchen utilities you would need to cook for yourself (as it is super expensive to eat out we often walked to the migros supermarket about 5mins away) NOTE: there is a club in the basement - v noisy thurs-sat (esp on 1st floor) and they are most expensive nights to stay.

When we came, the lady said she didnt had a bed for my male friend. She said hat because we wrote in our reservation that we were 2 girls, they put us in a female dorm (althought we booked a mixed one). My friend slept in a mattress in a male dorm (we paid the normal price). She was rude and acted iike she was doing us a favour. We didnt have this problem in the other hostels and I dont understand why she puted us in a female dorm if we booked a mixed one. Other than that, it was OK.

Really liked this hostel, the rooms were big and had secure lockers and amenities in the room (personal book lights, sink in room, etc) Great location virtually in the centre and beds were really comfy. I used the common room for free tea and the WIFI which had quite a lot of people using it.

Great location easy to get to and close to everything. Internet only worked on main floor which was okay because there was lots of places to sit and charge.

Great stay

離火車站很近,景點都在附近很好

Nice, clean, basic hostel in an ok position in Bern. The communal room is the best I've seen with free tea and coffee

great hostel! would definitely stay again :)

Compared to other cities this hostel is fairly expensive (Switzerland is expensive in general). Every encounter with staff didn't lead us to believe they wanted to be there or help visitors.

The location is very great.it is near the tourist spots. the safety is great. They have elevator,washing machine.(I haven't used it.) The common area is nice. We can use the wifi there only. The staff are nice .I can leave my luggage there after my check out. However,I need to pick them before 12 noon since the reception is closed from 12noon to 3pm .

The location of the hostel is perfect, also the beds and the lockers are very nice. We had a pleasant stay!!

This hostel is wonderful. I was able to check in early. Staff very helpful. Clean bathrooms and well equipped kitchen. Quiet at night. Right in the town centre with bus stop right at the door. Perfect!

All round good hostel, absolutely fantastic location. A bit expensive in comparison to the other countries we stayed in but Switzerland is all-round expensive. The hostel is full of older people/families so don't expect a loud party hostel!

Ace place! Bar underneath is buzzing on a Friday or Saturday night. Very close to everything in the city and close to the main station.

A lovely hostel right in city centre, 2 tram stops from the main station. Perfect!

There were lockers available in the dorm which was good. The 4-sharing female dorm was alright, not very spacious but it's fine if you dont stay in the room the whole time. The location of the hostel was excellent, walking distance from most attractions and the train station. The common room was spacious and Wifi connectivity was good. The shower rooms were not very clean though. Perhaps it could be due to the high volume of visitors in summer.

This is a lovely hostel overall! It is really expensive when you look at it but you won't find anywhere in Bern cheaper unfortunately. The beds are really comfy and showers are good - pretty powerful actually! The staff were really helpful and the information on the walls can basically plan your stay, don't miss the river!!! Most backpackers we met didn't eat out due to high prices (even a McDonald's meal was over €10) but the kitchen is extremely well equipped so making your own food is easy!

Nice atmosphere in the hostel, the common room and kitchen was open 24hours which was great. Central location and secure, free lockers in each room was great.

Great hostel. Right in the middle of Old Town. Nice and homey. Only complaint is the wifi doesn't work if too many people are using it.

Nothing bad to say, not even a little compliant!

« first « Prev 1 2 3