Bern Backpackers Hotel&Hostel Glocke Reviews

Rathausgasse 75,3007, PO Box 503, Bern, Switzerland

Unfortunately located above a club/bar of sorts that was blasting music late into the evening. I could hear the bass from downstairs well past midnight, at least 1 am. :( Made it difficult to sleep. Also their laundry machine is expensive and didn't dry my clothes fully which was very annoying. Would not do laundry here if possible. Kitchen is nice, close to the train station (a short walk away). I actually quite liked the lobby which was clean and comfortable.

Poor wifi -- only available in lounge, really only in minuscule waiting area next to reception. Charmless even for a former jail. Pretty expensive for what you get.

This is a great little hostel right in the centre of town. It's very easy to get to from the train station and easy to get around to all the sites. It has it's own kitchen where you can cook and a large sitting area to watch some tv or use the wifi. Rooms were very spacious and had lockable lockers. It was very quiet when we were traveling there so it may be hard for singles to meet other travelers

The lady that checked us in was very rude to my friend. This really put a damper on our spirits.

Carnivals was taking place almost exactly outside the hostel and under at the hotel on the bottom floor. It was super loud but that's my only complaint. I'd you are looking for somewhere to be thats quiet it's not in that part of town but it does really have all the things backpackers need!

The hostel is located along a quiet street in the city centre, convenient to all sites within Bern. The common room was spacious and my private room was very clean and comfortable, but the walls between the rooms were very thin so a good night's sleep depended solely on how much respect your neighbour had for the other guests. I would recommend this hostel just to keep your day-to-day costs down. Staff were pedantic about check in times: unhelpful when you have travelled many hours to get there.

Friendly and helpful staff, pleasant common room and good kitchen. Really appreciated the free peppermint tea bags!

Amazing! Great place to stay a few days. Thanks for everything. Staff great!

I loved my stay overall! The only critique I have is that the floor was really dusty (my socks were covered in lint after just a few minutes). Other than that, thank you for a wonderful stay!

• 7th Feb 2014

Switzlerand is expensive so it was worth the price. It was a nice place to stay. Comfortable and in a nice location. The bar downstairs was kind of loud at night it was frustrating not having wifi in the room. The staff were nice. I would probably stay here again if I had the money to return to Bern.

The location would make this hostel a great place to stay no matter what was inside, but they also had pretty great facilities. The shower rooms were spacious. The beds were adequate. I really liked the common room where they have a great kitchen and play movies nightly. Also the staff were really respectful when they emailed me to tell me I took the room key with me and had to mail it back - I appreciated the friendliness!

Kitchen is fully equipped - you will not lack for anything! Location is perfect. Walking distance to everything. Wifi doesn't work in bedrooms but the common room is very large and welcoming so it's not really a problem. Bedrooms are nice and spacious and there are large lockers to store your luggage.

As expected from Switzerland, accommodation was very expensive. Free lockers in the room, each bed had 3 powerpoints (one used for the light) and a light. You need to have a specifically shaped plug, so our universal travel adapter did not fit with light plugged in, so basically it became as useful as a single powerpoint. Kitchen facilities were good. Showers were okay.

We only spent one night here, but it appeared clean, well-designed and friendly. There is a large common area which would be great for hanging out with friends, I'm not sure how you would go meeting others there though. At least on the night we stayed there, it was basically empty all night! The only problem I found with this hostel was that the reception isn't open 24 hours, which can be a problem if you're arriving late or wanting to store luggage during the day.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Super clean, great facilities, nice room. Very expensive but everything in Switzerland is.

Nice cosy and comfortable place. Good ambience and comfortable common area. Wifi works well everywhere. Great location right in heart of old town. Expensive though - but everything Is in Berne

Please, Make separate room for males and females and dont give a room to many people when you have other empty rooms and dont say that there is nno wifi on rooms because there is

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Turkey

Excellent location - right in the middle of old city centre. Kitchen is well eqiuped. It could use a free coffee but either than that no complaints.