Beside Pisa Airport Reviews

Via dell'aereporto 48, Pisa, Italy

Great location. Puts a roof over your head. If you need a quick place to stay before or after a flight this hostel is perfect.

It was just bad. The only good thing was location 5 min walk from the airport. All beds in my 4 bed room were bad quality very noisy every time when trying to turn. No bed linen provided even after my complain I still didn't get a cover for my duvet. The worst thing was security one day I came back to my room with a door wide open - I left it locked when leaving. There are much nicer places to stay in Pisa within a walking distance to the airport.

We loved this hostel! Clean ,excellent location nice staff ;) ;)

We had to pay 1,5 Euro tax per person, which wasn't mentioned in Hostelworld. No hairdryer, no TV, no radio, no cooking facilities and forget about free bikes, as promised in Hostelworld. Window in our room was broken and we couldn't open it . You MUST! have a phone to check-in, because nobody will wait you, so you have to call them.

I took this hostel only because it is 5 minutes walking from the airport and I had to do a late check-in. It's a good location as you can walk to the city center(then come back to take a Ryan air bus to Firenze( for 5 euros instead of 6,50 if you negociate with the guy).Pretty boring hotel,no double glazing and you can hear the traffic outside... The receptionist didn't even make the effort of covering the duvet :( Well...Good for one night but no more.

First they said that we would have to stay in another hotel, because there weren't free rooms, Later they ended up finding a better room then the one we payed for. If you're going to fly too early, better be aware of the risk to stay in another place.

I was given a very tatty room, the lock was not working nor were the lights in the passage to the shared toilet and I felt unsafe as I was travelling alone and people were coming and going all night and it was very noisy. Also I was badly bitten by mosquitoes and there were broken beds and mattresses stacked against the wall. On the good side it was close to the airport and easy to find.

• 7th Oct 2013

The hostel (it is a flat) location is excellent to get the airport, just to get it. There were other people who were very noisy. The host is not in the flat that's why I think other visitors were very noisy.

My mom and I stayed the night, asked for a twin room but the beds were put together with one sheet. We managed to pull them apart a bit since it was really hot. The TV didn't work, nor did the lamp and it was pretty dirty. Besides that, we didn't find anyone there so we had to wait for a while. The rooms in the pictures weren't the ones we saw...From the hostel main building we were brought to another building with many stories. The best part was that it was really close to the airport.

Seemed like a nice place, great location if you've an early flight to catch or you arrive late (like I did). Eventually I didn't stay at this hostel, there's some kind of problem with the key (the only key for the room was with the other tenants and they're out and couldn't be reached by phone) and I waited for an hour to be placed another hostel (same owner) on the other side of the city. Quite annoying, but this other hostel I ended up was good (Pisa Tower Hostel).

Just for people who have to take a late/early flight. 300m near the airport.

There were some issues with my booking, so they re-lodge me in a sort of apartment hotel in the city center (with double bed and private bathroom) and took care of my transfer to the airport. So, I didn't stay there, but at least the staff is very professional and helpful.

• 1st Jul 2013

I didn't sleep in this hostel because they received confirmation from you too late and they didn't have place for me - I was informed about this when I showed up in the hotel at 00:30... Fortunatelly the owner was so nice and found a place in his second hostel

• 25th Jun 2013
  • Poland

Very close to the airport 7 minute walk at most. Only a 10 min short stroll to Pisa train/ bus terminal. At leasr a 40 min walk to leaning tower, there we no signs for the hop on hop off bus,, but plenty of brochures. Comvenient for an overnight stay, as you only need at most a day Pisa. Shared bathroom was big and clean, but missing a floor mat for the potentially alippery surface. I wouls stay here again if i was to find other things todo in Pisa.

very very good location! Rafael the owner bring me to the center and tell me everything about Pisa, thank you!!!

• 19th Jan 2013

This hostel was ok for just a night stay in Pisa. 5 minutes to the airport so very convenient if you have a morning flight. A little far away from the city center or the tower, 10-15 minutes walk to center and maybe 30 min walk to the tower, but a bus is near by. Two eateries near by; mini stores 10 min away over the bridge. This hostel actually consists of different apartments close to one another. Decent bathroom and rooms, but you might share an apartment with others.

WEIRD HOSTEL: When we arrived the door was locked, no one there. I called and the lady on the phone said someone would be over soon to check us in. When the other staff member arrived, it turned out to be a very confused Italian woman who spoke NO English. She showed us our room (a nice, clean, big room with a bathroom which was nice) but insisted that they took cash only, which we didn't have. We ended up paying as soon as the staff member arrived at 11pm. Good if needing airport but that's it!

It's a good place for staying just one night (if you are taking a plane early in the morning, it's very close from the airport).

• 14th Dec 2012
  • Mexico

clean, convenient to/from the train station and very kind hosts

The room was very clean and comfortable. The service was without any problems and within the previous expectatives. However, I couldn't take the breakfast because there isn't the necessary elements.

• 7th Oct 2012