Best Hostel City Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

All the staff was nice, but the most knowledgeable and helpful was the tall redhead lady, she went out of the way to inform me of cool places to go and see. She also gave me a free ticket to get into a ship- bar she wasn't using. There are laundry facilities there 10Euro, full kitchen, open eating area. Nothing setup to encourage guest mixing, but if you talk to people everyone is well received to go do things. Close to grocer and info. center. Lockers in room are size for carryon only.

There are insufficient toilet and shower facilities in the hostel. Only 1 shower and 1 toilet per level, so there is always a queue to use the rooms.

Positive: + Great central location: very close to Drottninggatan (main walking/shopping/bar/restaurant street), easy walk from Central Station (10 minutes), 1 minute from nearest metro stop. + Friendly and mostly helpful staff + clean Negative: - no lockers = zero security for valuables - unflexible on luggage policy (i was leaving Stockholm for one night, wanted to book for the night afterwards, but they wouldn't allow me to leave my bag there until I come back. other hostel did, so I moved..)

This is pretty awesome hostel, located just 10 min walk from Drottninggatan. I stayed in 8 bed female dorm, the room was spacious and had private bathroom. They do not charge extra for linen or luggage storage. For the facilities and price, its value for money.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • India

I had problems with an overbooking they did and had to change for another room. The staff leaves the hostel at 5am and after we only can talk by phone. The way for solving problems there was not very satisfactory.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The desk staff were particularly sympathetic

• 24th Aug 2014

There was only one shower per floor and each floor had many rooms. Ours was a 14 person room, I would expect maybe one shower per 14 people, not per floor. There was also no place to put your belongings in the bathrooms so they risked falling off of the top paper towel dispenser onto the floor. The staff also could not even recommend a place nearby to get Swedish food.. which we found so I know its not impossible.

Great place to stay and rest with the right location to explore the city by foot. Nice people, pleasant ambiance. Highly recommend. Easy to get to Arlanda express and train station.

• 20th Aug 2014

Minimum showers - one for how many people???? Nowhere near all round standard (for everything) of hostel where I stayed in central Oslo before this. For directions ''how to find us?'', it would be helpful to say ''be sure to exit metro station via Tunnelgatan. Turn right, and we are behind the obelisk''. (The excellent Best Hostel sign is hidden behind this obelisk when you come out of the metro).

Bed matresses should be replaced as soon as possible. They all had big stains on them (at least in our room) Id also recommend that you get some lockable lockers for us who want those (hostel location is great but lack of lockable lockers in the small rooms will make me think twice before coming back)

Exceeded our expectations massively. Our room was really nicely finished in a log cabin meets Enid Blyton style. However my bed was not too clean - covered in little black marks and fluff- no bed bugs tho. Bathroom flooded when we showered tho there were also communal bathrooms on every floor. Staff weren't there all the time and were rude whenever we spoke to them on the phone. Also not sure if there had been thefts but cameras being installed when we left. Good kitchen free pasta = win.

Very nice location on a quiet backstreet near a lot of the sights. Close to central station, and provides a lot of additional services for cheaper than many other hostels. The place is big and I had a dorm room almost to myself. Really quiet, easy to sleep and good showering and kitchen facilities. Linen and towels are provided. I would stay here again if going back to Stockholm

the hostel so close to train station . and i and my cousin loved facilities pasta tea coffee etc :) and you should know that before come here it is a family hostel.

Stayed at the 14 bed dorm and it was horrible—the room was clamped and messy. Very old and wooden furniture, nothing like any of the photos. Floor was dirty and dusty. At night I could hear constant scratching or movement noises, most likely from mice or rats (which freaked me out because I was sleeping on the bottom bed which was really low and close to the ground). There's only one shower room and one toilet on each level which is obviously not enough for all to share.

We enjoyed our stay very much! Atmospheric dormitory, good kitchen and common room, great location on a peaceful street. And the key delivery due to our late arrival was very well arranged!

An excellent hostel with great bunk rooms, great atmosphere and fab location! Would highly recommend : )

• 1st Aug 2014

Before arriving I was told they would take the payment of my card bef arrival plus I was told I would get info about getting inside the house n the key only on the day of arrival.how can one read mails permanently when travelling?l asked them by mail to reserve a lower bunkbed in the large sleeping room I had booked.It that had not been done:Tripple bunk beds 2m high!I had to change to a single room instead, cost me 200 more. However what you get for the price is really good:nice renovated place

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

its impressive of room design.....i stayed in 8-bed female dorm and there are 4 big mirrors surrounding with light bulbs! it is good for ladies who do makeup, ensuite room, no free breakfast but have free wifi, 15 mins walk to train station/ bus terminal, popular sightseeing spots are in walkable distance

Not so far away from the Central Station (10min) and with a good walk you can go to the main attractions (20min) and very close to a number of night clubs. Great kitchen and atmosphere, it is one of the best place to meet new friends. Just one bad thing: the hostel give us one bed. But I do not know why they change my bed for the second night, but in the same bedroom. Anyway, when I arrived in the hostel in the afternoon, there was a girl there! And no one was in the reception (closes at night).

Good place, no real common room though so there is not a very social aspect. It's actually a very quiet hostel. Very good location and clean which is nice. Rooms are kind of small and my key only worked 1/3 of the time. Met awesome people though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3