Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Gran hostal! La gente es buena onda y muy ayudadora. Great hostel and awesome workers here! I recomend it!

Good location

• 24th Jun 2015

Try the tent or 16 bed-dorm, best view ever! The location is superb, 2 minutes walk to Haga Sofia and Blue mosque.

Very nice hostel with a good breakfast location is amazing the staff is extremely professional I met some very interesting guests from all over the world Yusuf which is Joseph in English was very helpful and always ready to help with information and suggestions on travelling in Turkey. A+++

We loved our stay at this hostel! The location is great, a 2 minute walk to the Hagia Sophia and 10 minute walk to Blue Mosque, and is right next to a street full of nice restaurants and bars. Staff speaks English well and was very helpful in making plans. The 24 hour policy was especially helpful because of how late our flight got in and how early we had to leave. We came back to stay at Best Island for our last 3 days in Istanbul!

• 17th Jun 2015

Worst hostel in my life! Good points: The hostel is extremely well located, it is possible to do everything walking. The staff is pretty nice and helpful, except for the boss, she was completely rude all the time. Bad Points: The room didn't have windons, smelled musty. The bathroom had no box, so when we took shower everything got wet. We were with no energy for 2 mornings and one night. There was an air conditioner but we were not allowed to use, so it is possible to imagine how hot was

• 17th Jun 2015

Honestly one of the best hostels I've been to, the value for money is brilliant. I ended up staying for 5 nights having only booked for 2. Yusef (spelling might be off) the manager was amazing he gave us great service,tips and made us feel at home. i dont see the point of hotels when places like this are around. i will be coming back if i come to istanbul again.

The best part of the hostel is its location. Close to Sultanahmet, HagaSofia and Topkapi palace. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have WiFi in all rooms. The 16-bed dorm is a bit too crowded. You don't have a lot of space and there is only one power strip for the whole bedroom. The windows don't have curtains so when the sun comes up the bedroom is lighted. There is no individual lamps as well so when people arrive they have to turn on the light for the whole dorm.

Good thing that they have breakfast!

I had an excellent stay at this hostel. It was very affordable, a really good location and a fantastic outside area which was a good place to meet fellow backpackers. The highlight however was definitely the excellent staff - they were extremely pleasant, and going out of their way to be helpful.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

I'm all for traveling on the cheap, but I think there is a minimum of security that should be expected anywhere. Our valuable belongings were kept behind a desk, unlocked and usually unwatched. If you plan on staying in a tent and it "rains" you are expected to pay extra, on top of what you have already payed, to sleep inside- and possibly just on the floor if there are no empty beds. No security what-so-ever in 16 bed dorm. And I felt uneasy about the staff scamming us for money.

• 9th Jun 2015

Excellent location and atmosphere. I just regret we couldn´t sleep in the tent

This place was in the perfect area and had an amazing staff. Both Yusaf and MJ were very helpful and genuinely good people! Had a great time here and I cannot wait to come hangout again!

Very friendly and informative staff in an excellent location with a perfect backdrop of asasofia. Staff know all the ins and outs of the cit if you want to exploreinstanbul it's easily one of the best places to stay in Istanbul.

• 28th May 2015

The stay at best island was great! All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed. Perfect location to see the blue mosque, palace and aha Sofya. Breakfast was great. Only thing is the locks in the rooms did not work the best- the staff is happy to hold any valuables behind their desk. Highly recommend this place for budget travelers!

• 28th May 2015

Awesome location by the Blue Mosque and the Haga Sofia, awesome view from the roof too. Right by the water and loads of places to eat. Facilities were clean and plenty, the breakfast was always good too. The staff were good, especially Yusuf. I had trouble finding a way to Greece in the morning, and Yusuf got a tour bus to give me a free ride to the bus station and booked me a bus out of the country. Ill be goind back and I deffinitly reccomend it.

The staff was so friendly and helpful! Loved staying here

The staff and the people staying there were lots of fun, very welcoming and helpful. The upstairs is quite cheap and with an absolutely amazing view of hagia Sofia and blue mosque. Highly recommend!

• 23rd May 2015

My boyfriend and I enjoyed this hostel for a week. We had our own room and it was not noisy. The staff is very helpful and the location is great. 5 minutes walk to the Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque and tramstop. Breakfast is fine. If you are looking for a cheap and basic hostel (and great location), I would certainly recommend Best Island Hostel.

• 22nd May 2015

Everything was OK until we received a wrong information from the staff about the duration of the shuttle to the airport (about 45 main out of peak hour and he told us 2.5 hours), which cost us 4 hours at the airport waiting for our plane and did not let us sleep more and have breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3