Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff are great as is the location but we were in a tiny underground room right next to a lot of noise.

Very nice place to stay for a couple of days in Istanbul, very good environment and the people is very nice here. This was my first time in Istanbul and I wouldn't chose different in a second time

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

The location is great. You can get to most of the big tourist attractions on foot. However, the hostel wasn't clean. The bathrooms always looked like they needed a good scrubbing. On the other hand the staff was helpful in helping me find my way around Istanbul

This was definitely the best hostel experience I've had. The rave reviews (probably seen below) about Alex, the guy who runs things, are all accurate; he's awesome. The location is fantastic (Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque out the window) and the view from the terrace is amazing. Stay in the big room on the top floor. Internet sometimes has some issues, but c'est la vie, it mostly works. If you go to Istanbul, definitely stay here, I plan on going back some day.

thank you for nıce rewiew ı hope see u agaın ..thank you stay with us ...

Great place! Staff was awesome. Location was perfect.

• 1st Jul 2014

GREAT TIME IN BEST ISLAND HOSTEL!!! Here's a few reasons why you should choose it for your Istanbul trip: - Alex The Manager is just a STAR!!! All your questions answered, all your wishes met and hanging out together as a bonus :) - Location couldn't be better, all main sights approachable with a few minutes walk - Great price that you can hardly find anywhere else. - All facilities available, if you need smth, just ask - you'll get it (like we got hairdryer and charge cable) Alina&Kris

thank you very much for your nice rewiew ladys ...ı glad to you guys enjoy here ..

No locks on doors for dorm but the view and Alex the owner makes up for it. Super friendly environment, free breakfast daily, and hot water for showers. Can't beat the central location, right behind the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. Alex is very helpful if you need advice on how to get around. He's also got jokes for days.

• 27th Jun 2014

My stay in Istanbul was better because I chose to stay at Best Island. The place has a fun atmosphere, the breakfast is delicious, the location couldn't be better, and Alex, the manager, will hang out with the guests and show them the best bars/restaurants in the area. The only complaint I have is the state of the showers, but you get what you pay for and this hostel is cheap. Definitely worth a stay, and I'll book there again next time I'm in the city.

The hostel was in a GREAT location and like other reviewers have mentioned we found Alex to be super helpful... the other staff desk member not so much. Be forewarned, the biggest room (12 bed dorm I think) has panoramic windows... the view is great, but there are no curtains so be prepared to be woken up with the sunrise. Also, the awesome terrace is rented out to people to sleep so that means that you really can't hang out there, which was disappointing. No real common space as a result.

• 21st Jun 2014

Rally good location, only a 5-min walk to Hagia Sophia. also the installations very clean and comfortable. highly recommended

thank you very much for your nice rewiew ıts make us happy ...we very happy to hear that ...

I want to highly recommend I traveled in istanbul for a week and placed in this motel. Excellent location. in the center of the city close to everywhere (shopping and many sites of interest) Excellent price compared to what you get. in the end... I forgot my wallet with some cash and a driver's license, and them send me the wallet to my country. I could not ask for more ! Next time I am sure I will be in Istanbul in "Best Island Hotels"

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Adequate hostel with a fantastic roof top with view to the Hagia Sophia church. All attractions are walkable from the hostel. Best location!

Absolute garbage. Only slightly better than sleeping on the streets. Disinterested operators more interested in smoking hookah than processing the guests. Our room was also overbooked, and we were made to switch rooms. Lockers did not work, and seemingly anyone could just walk into the hostel. Even for the low price and good location, it is still not value for money. Stay somewhere else.

The most beautiful view if you stay on the balcony/16 dorm. Breakfast is good, but very light. The staff is very friendly and eager to help. Only thing that could improve is a common area for the travelers. Lack of one causes the drunk people to hang out in the dorms at nightt.. making it very difficult for people that are trying to sleep.

Best Island Hostel was fantastic, as far as location goes you really can’t get better for Sultanahmet. The rooms are awesome, Walid and Alex are great. If you’re trying to stay in sultanahmet this is the place to do it.

This is a great hostel, defo recommend to any lads or groups, Walid (night receptionist was brilliant and very helpful) The location is almost perfect and breakfast was good!

• 6th Jun 2014

We had a very pleasant stay. The staff was great, our room was clean. Only downside: the showers should be improved and be renovated, they are not very practical (water everywhere). Thank you for this sojourn

• 5th Jun 2014

So nice to stay and to enjoy the city. quite recommended.

This hostel is the bomb! Very cheap and is 100% worth your money. Alex is great and the free breakfasts are an added plus.

• 28th May 2014

thank you very much for your nice rewiew .....ı hope see you guys next time ....

Alex and the other staff where sound, and very helpful, the hostel was clean and comfortable with amazing views from the top floor, and close to some of Istanbuls most important historic sites. Would strongly recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4