Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

We stayed 5 nights ın the hostel. People at the reception are very helpfull. You can ask everything to find your way ın Istanbul. The cleaninglady's are very respectfull and do a nıce job.The location is central in Sulthanamet (the old city centre). The blue mosque is just around the corner. Tram nearby to go to the other neigbourhoods. You can adjust your way of travelling to their sleeping options (dorm, seperate room). You get a good breakfast. It's the perfect start to explore Istanbul

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Location is nice just beside of hagia sofia and the hostel is okay but staffs wasn't so good. I think most of people who are working in hostel or restaurant in Sultan ahmet are not good. They only care about their money.

Thank you for not reminding us, that we get our key-deposit back at checkout... :-/

• 29th Mar 2014

The private rooms and the breakfast are lovely. The hostel altogether is clean and staff is very nice. I cannot recommend the 16-bed-dorm, as it is an unclosable room under the roof with no aircondition and no space for luggage. And something should be done about the toilet up there, the door is not closing and also everyone can look inside.

The location of the hostel is very good! The breakfast its good and is included, only the bad thing if you choice the 12 bed shared that no space, the bed it confortable, by no space!

This hostel is perfect for visits, everything is near : Aya Sofia, citern basilic, blue mosquee, Topkapi, Grand Bazar, the old port, etc. Everything can be done by walking. The price is very cheap! If you're looking for a place to sleep that's great.

• 7th Mar 2014

thank you for your rewiew ....ı hope we will see you again

Staff was very unfriendly and not helpful at all. Fake hospitality, what a shame!

Nice enough place, staff were fine, had no problems with them, breakfast was pretty terrible but free so as expected. Location is superb, would go back there just for that, the price was reasonable too. Don't be surprised if your bed feels a little bit damp at first. All in all, 6/10

It's was nice to stay here but I come wrong time it's was so quiet so I try to come again but I had some memories when I was there I get bad news from my family I had have to go back my country I will forget this hostel and Istanbul ...

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Peru

This hostel was ok - but we were told we were in the 'good' rooms. The location is pretty good, & thats about it. The toilet had a gap of about 2 inches - so no privacy. 2 of the showers didnt lock - so no privacy. You also had to hold the shower head in 2 of the showers. And there was no bar. The breakfast room was in the basement, so no sea views, as stated. I definitely wouldnt recommend this hostel, unless you were super on a budget. but even then you should be able to find something better

fırst thank u for review ..we gıve good room which is u book for the double room but we gave you triple room wıth your frıends without charge also abauth breakfast ıf u lıke to go upstaır which is our teracce ıs possıble to eat your breakfast whıch is sea views .also 1 more think before u go u break our Windows handle we didnt even tell u or charge you .thank u for your kındly review

Staff very friendly, i really recommend.

best place I've ever stayed at best island Awesome location, atmosphere and staff ıs very close to all place whıch ıs blue mosque ets. ever where ıs lıke ıs not 10 mın ı love that place and plus ı love ıstanbul ı am already ın love wıth that cıty ı suppos to stay 2 days ın ıstanbul but ı change my mınd and ı stay 7 more days ........thank u

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Romania

Very bad service! The kitchen is locaded inTo the toilets! Disgusting!!!!You need to pay every time you want use the kitchen ( that is really crazy)! Shower and toilets very dirty! Staff not really nice whit customers!

You probably can't find a better located and still cheap hostel in Istanbul! The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was everyday the same, but for free.

It wasn't the friendliest hostel I've been in but perfect for the one night I needed to stay! Comfy bed, good breakfast and clean bathrooms!

this is to first time i use hostel world and this first choise for me best island hostel and i guess this the best one thank u for ever think i will miss u guys

• 21st Dec 2013

Our room stinked from must very much,the bottom of the matraces was black because of it,when I asked for other room,they hadnt,only for extra charge,or other matrace,the answer:no problem with my room,it is perfect,she is the owner,she works here for 5 years!!!and she look into your eyes

Staff was helpful, good location. I got 16 dorm which is quite messy. The bed in the lower level was really cramped. Friendly atmosphere.

Awesome location with great price. Really easy to find. Free breakfast was good. Staff are friendly and helpful with what attractions to see but a bit space cadetish when it comes to the hostel. We got the impression they didn't really know what was going on. Beds and toilets are alright, but for that price who can complain.

This is probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Our room was under ground with a tiny (broken) window. There was mould on the walls and the bed even felt damp. It was extremely noisy with people hanging out right outiside our door. The facilities were way below standard of world-wide hostels. 1 shower and toilet per floor which were very dirty. Breakfast was average and the staff were ok. The only positive thing was the location. I would NOT reccomend this hostel for any reason.