Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Staff is friendly, awesome location and awesome view, privates rooms are amazing, the only thing about complain is the wifi, upstairs is very poor.

Booked here for 3 nights ended up staying for 7. Stayed in the 16 bed mixed dorm. Best view of Istanbul. Wake up and see the Bosphorus on one side, then turn around and see the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia on the other side. Friendliest staff as well. More than keen to help you out, or just chat and hang out. Highly recommend this to anyone who wants to stay in Istanbul. I'll be back here for sure on my next stay.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Ok, the building is very old and it wasn't very clean. But it looks worse than it actually is and really wasn't a problem. Most importantly, we were very well taken care of; the staff knew who we were, gave us tips on where to go, ordered out airport shuttle for us, and always made sure that we were being safe and knew what to watch out for around Istanbul. The location was also great - view of Hagia Sophia from the window and just around the corner from most major sites.

We had a great time the staff was very personable and helpful; we really enjoyed talking to the staff and at the end we ended up being Facebook friends. The Hostel is situated in a great location and I would recommend people to make use of it and to ask for advice to the staff of where to go for food, drinks, etc.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • hosuna81

The first night we got there there was no running water, and no electricity. One shower shared between at least 15 or 20 people, good luck. The rooms/bathrooms are completely disgusting, the lockers don't work. The rooms are freezing and blankets stink and are stained/ripped. We were staying in a room for six and they randomly put a seventh person on a mattress in the middle of our floor without asking. Tried to switch hostels, they wouldn't let us. Also the worst wifi ever.

Had an amazing time at the best island hostel, met a lot of interesting travelers, and other sorts of folks. Yusuf the owner was very helpful and welcoming.

Great place!

This hostel is the best in Istanbul! I stayed for 3nights in thisn hostel. Good location, clean room, hot shower, breakfast, wifi and especially friendly staff! They always helped me. The owner is very kind and a staff Oktay is very friendly and funny! Because of them, I could enjoy in Istanbul! Thank you so much. If I come back to Istanbul, I'll stay here again. I recommend highly!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Japan

We were a group of 11 persons and we really had an excellent moment in best Island Hostel. We have been warmly welcomed by Tony who did everything for our confort in the hostel and who gave us good tips in Istanbul. We felt like home in this well-situated accomodation. Thank you Tony for everything ;) !

• 11th Feb 2015

Near to the historical center of Istanbul (the top room have an incredible view on Haya Sofia and the Bosphorus), the best island hostel is the best place to live if you want to discover the beautiful city of istanbul. Thank to the team and especially Tony our group of 11 student had an excellent stay ! For a really cheap price it's possible to sleep in confortable rooms, take a warm shower every time you want and eat every morning a typical turkish breakfast. The staff is really amazing !

• 10th Feb 2015

I had a great stay here, the location was breathtaking and the people were superfriendly. My only regret is that I only stayed for one day in Istanbul due to my transit flight to India.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • India

The perfect place where to spend your stay in Istanbul, 1min from hagia Sofia and sultanahmet mosque. The staff (especially okay) were great with us and if I came back to Istanbul I would choose again this hostel. Try to believe it

I stayed here for 10 days in february, i payed for the dorm room but they put me to female room, that's really great) its was a heater in the room and it was okay but in other areas (including shower) it was quite cold, we have to wear jackets all the time The turkish breakfast includes small pieces of everything, but a lot of bread)) The electricity was on all the time, the same as hot water in the bathrooms - thats cool cos I know its not the same in the other hostel (manon hostel galata).

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Russia

ı have stayed for 7 days at this hostel very friendly staff the hostel is in a very good location we made alot of friends in this area. I think this hostel is the best choice for backpakers. There is a cleaner all the time toilets and bathrooms is always clean breakfast time is very good between 9 am till 12 am. brekfast was good to meet new travellers. My relation with the manager ``Tony Montana `` was excellent for me this hostels the best i reccomend it to everyone . Hug Tony Montana!!!!

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is in a very good location and very cheap the breakfast is nice and the manager Tony Montana is very kind and helpfull ı will mıss this hostel thank you Tony montana

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

The proprietor was flexible and understanding about my late arrival time, and the location is excellent. However, I had booked a bed in the 16-bed dorm and when I arrived was told that room was closed, and that I would have to pay more to be put in the 6-bed dorm room. I certainly understand if some rooms need to be closed, but it seemed like a ploy to get more money out of customers - perhaps they can change the dorm room offerings on the website to better reflect what is actually available.

Super friendly staff and helpful. Prices are the best in istanbul here. shower warm. Tv cool. what I really liked is how laid back the staff were, they were there to help me in any situation and were just generally pretty warm. very cool in my opinion, finding good quality facilitys is difficult but finding good quality people seems harder now a days in this world. had a good time. it fit what I needed during a reflection type time in my life/ cheers! good good

• 1st Jan 2015

enjoyed my stay a lot. all the bad reviews I read and was worried about before I came here, were exaggerated or fixed. :) Really a good place! Showers are perfectly warm 24/7, staff was very friendly, the 16 bed dorm is beautiful, the terrace the perfect choice for summer. In winter, please don't book these option :D ;)

• 28th Dec 2014

The location can't be beat (about 50m from the Hagia Sophia!) and the staff are really helpful. I stayed here before a couple of years ago, and it's still a cozy, colourful, bargain-traveller retreat, which is just my cup of tea :)

The staff especially Tony were very helpful. Tony took bis time explaining the City map, sights and activities.