Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

The proprietor was flexible and understanding about my late arrival time, and the location is excellent. However, I had booked a bed in the 16-bed dorm and when I arrived was told that room was closed, and that I would have to pay more to be put in the 6-bed dorm room. I certainly understand if some rooms need to be closed, but it seemed like a ploy to get more money out of customers - perhaps they can change the dorm room offerings on the website to better reflect what is actually available.

Super friendly staff and helpful. Prices are the best in istanbul here. shower warm. Tv cool. what I really liked is how laid back the staff were, they were there to help me in any situation and were just generally pretty warm. very cool in my opinion, finding good quality facilitys is difficult but finding good quality people seems harder now a days in this world. had a good time. it fit what I needed during a reflection type time in my life/ cheers! good good

• 1st Jan 2015

enjoyed my stay a lot. all the bad reviews I read and was worried about before I came here, were exaggerated or fixed. :) Really a good place! Showers are perfectly warm 24/7, staff was very friendly, the 16 bed dorm is beautiful, the terrace the perfect choice for summer. In winter, please don't book these option :D ;)

• 28th Dec 2014

The location can't be beat (about 50m from the Hagia Sophia!) and the staff are really helpful. I stayed here before a couple of years ago, and it's still a cozy, colourful, bargain-traveller retreat, which is just my cup of tea :)

The staff especially Tony were very helpful. Tony took bis time explaining the City map, sights and activities.

Tony was very helpful and friendly' the hostel was in a good location. Free breakfast in the morning, lots of hot water and clean toilets.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The Best Island Hostel is really really good! Tony was really helpful with all the tips and very friendly ! I am sure that I will come back to Istanbul with my friends and family. Thank you Tony for everything, it was awesome!

• 21st Dec 2014

Hello to everyone, I higly reccomend this place becouse of price/quality.Hotel location is absolutely optimal for who want to stay central turistic attraction like santa sofia mosque,blue mosque or grand bazaar.Rooms are very clean and organized very well for who want to stay in quiet also.Personal is educated and always smiley and helpful for all of your problems.Specially Tony who we became friends after 15min. from check in :D. I'll definetely come back and I recommend everyone.

• 13th Dec 2014

I'm very suprised about this Hostel becouse when i saw price, i said "i pay less,and service will be less also".But from the first second that i was there at last second everyone was friendly,professional and correct with me.Rooms was clean,quiet and confortable.Tony and Tarik specially are awesome persons and if i'll go to Istanbul again,my second home is BEST ISLAND HOSTEL!!!highly recommended.

• 13th Dec 2014

This is a great hostel to stay at at. Tony did everything to make sure my stay was great. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The hostel was very clean and in a good location in the middle of everything. I would stay here again.

Stayed this hostel 26-30 of November, everything good.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Ukraine

Great value for money. Room and bathroom very small, but bed clean and comfortable and everything worked just fine, from the aircon to the plumbing.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Great place. A two minute walk from the blue mosque and hagia sophia. On a street that is full of hostels so there are always friendly people to chat with and do things with. Most of the staff can't speak but the ones that do are really helpful and and super chill.

• 11th Nov 2014

The hostel worth what you pay. The staff is very nice and most of all they speak English! (Not a common thing in Istanbul). I was in the 16-beds room and I slept well. Shortly, I would back in Best Island Hostel again.

• 23rd Oct 2014

what i can say about this place, that it has a very good location. if you choose a type of the room which called "tent" you should know that it is actually not a tent it is an open balcony even without a roof.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Russia

Nice place and an excellent location to see the attractions but lacked atmosphere and had no real common area to socialise. The locker system was not safe at all. They took my purse and asked me to write down it's contents then put it in the cupboard at reception with NO lock. I saw no one at the desk on two occasions. Anyone could easily take your valuabls. The free Turkish breakfast was nice.

One of the worst hostel experiences I've had. The staff were incompetent and downright rude to the guests. When we got to our room their was a terrible odor that made it difficult to stay in it for any extended periods of time, the sheets were stained, and all of the lockers were broken. As a budget backpacker I don't expect much but this place disappointed even the slightest of expectations. The only thing this place has going for it is the location but there are much better hostels in the area

This is the worst hostel in my life. I've been 59 countries and I never written any review. so I'm gonna make first case now because I really have to do for somebody who need to know true. 1. Location is best. 2. sleep on terrace is awesome but you have to move inside when rainy day and extra charge. 2am or even 4am. doesn't matter you have to move and pay. 3. staff are not too much bad person but I couldn't feel they worked for guest. 4. wifi is really really really bad don't expect it.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

It is disadvantage that hostel doesn't have a common room (except infront of the street and on the terrace, while is not used for sleeping tent) The staff could know about turist information a little more(closing and opening time, entrance fee...) otherwise you have to check it on the internet and it takes you a lot time.

Great location, cheap considering where it is, rooms aren't overcrowded, although nowehere to place big suitcases/backpacks. Lacks a decent common area, but tables abd chairs out front.