Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Very old building, staff seems not to wanna be there, terrible breakfast, cold in every area of the hostel.

It was totally different from the photos on Hosteworld! The rooms are small, not clean and the beds are terrible. The staff is rude:sometimes they are cool and other times they are totally rude. The bathrooms are insane, dirty and old... Please, choose a better place because the city is amazing. FOR SURE I AND MY FRIENDS DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

Wie booked 2beds in a 11 Person More person tent whatever that was. In arrival we Were asked if we brougt a tent. It would habe been witten that we needed a tent somewhere. The terrace was closed anyway so they informed us at arrival that they cancelled the booking and changed to normal dormitory room for MORE THAN DOUBLE the price (108 TRL not 48) we checked the place there was definitely No Place to put up tents in the roof not even in summer.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Austria

The Best Island Hostel was one of the best places I have ever stayed as far as friendy staff and Comfort goes I highly recommend it.

• 22nd Dec 2015

The location was good, but I felt the security was very laxed. We were not given our own personal lockers to store our belongings, only small items were kept with the staff so I resorted to carrying my valued possessions every time I went out. Heaters didn't work very well The staff were quite friendly, but the lady gave a more hostile attitude. I was in the same room as the strange old man that has been there for months apparently.

You definitely get what you payed for so don't go in with high expectations of the facility, but the location more than makes up for it. You are maybe 100 yards from the Hagia Sophia and Blue mosque. The bathroom/showers are on the sketchy side but just go to a hamam instead ;) We stayed here during our 20 hour layovers with Turkish airways and it was all we needed. FYI the largest room has no door and no lockers or under the bed space so if you are uncomfortable not locking up your stuff...

Couldn't be better! We had a great time!

• 14th Nov 2015

Great stay in Istanbul! Location is great, free breakfast which is always nice. Staff were very friendly and helpful!

Initially we booked 4 nights, but because this hostel met our regards in an excellent way we stayed a longer time (10 days). All in all i can really recommend this hostel. Its the cleanest hostel Ive been to in turkey (daily complete cleaning), the staff is very friendly and helpful in all kinds of questions. Even very special issues they met in a very helpful way. Ive read good critics about the hostel, but Ive never expected them to be that good. I'll surelycome back again. EXCELLENT!

• 21st Oct 2015

one of the best hostels i stayed in. perfect location, perfect people and cheapest in town at once. always came back here.

• 19th Oct 2015

Having the computers down below with good internet was a huge help. The owners seemed less friendly than the staff, and more suspicious.. But maybe I was overstaying my welcome, by storing gear, returning to use toilet etc.?

Don't stay here! It's the dirtiest places I've ever been. The bathroom smelled like an outhouse. The one staff member is also really creepy.

This hostel was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. The bathrooms were disgusting and the toilet water ran into the shower floor. They crammed as many beds into one room as they could fit. The guy running the hostel made one of us (group of 3 girls) extremely uncomfortable on multiple occasions- one of which he grabbed her hair and smelled it without permission and on another occasion told her she would "get a kiss" if she could guess where he was from. Ultimately, we left after day 1.

Cheap and great location. Everything else was terrible. Non friendly staff. Bad smell. Dirty shower. Never stay here again.

I've been traveling for 10 years, and this hostel was honestly the worst hostel that I have ever stayed in. The security was lax, the whole place was dirty, and there was no privacy - the locks on the bathroom were broken, and there was a window looking INTO the shower room. When I complained the staff blamed everyone else (including other patrons) instead of taking responsibility. When I told them I was going to move to a hotel they refused to give me a refund. Do not stay here!!!!!

• 8th Oct 2015

1) Extremely small, damp, dreary, windowless room with paint flaking off ceiling .... very inappropriately described a 'Delux Ensuite' 2) Very overprice at US$40 per night for 2 persons 3) The female owner had an aggressive and hostile attitude. She accused me of trying to steal a breakfast composing a cold boiled egg, two slices of tomatoe/cucumber and a few slices of bread. She also insisted on being paid for a second room key despite the fact that the room was charged for a US$20/person

• 4th Oct 2015

the location was great. but they have a small commun area, and the toilet wasn't so good.

Hostel is good value and in a great location. Would have loved to sleep on the terrace but unfortunately this accommodation option is much up to the hostels descretion. During my stay it was cloudy but with no overnight rain and I still had to take a dorm bed instead of the terrace which was disappointing but the dorm was nice anyhow. The staff are friendly and the included breakfast was great too.

Great location, helpful staff, comfortable and clean and super cheap. Thanks!

I enjoyed staying at Best Island, and particularly liked the rooftop terrace. The staff was accomodating and the location is stellar. I found there was little hoste vibe to the place due to the limited space for communal hangouts, and I would have enjoyed having kitchen access. In general my stay was enjoyable.