Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Great value for money. Room and bathroom very small, but bed clean and comfortable and everything worked just fine, from the aircon to the plumbing.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Great place. A two minute walk from the blue mosque and hagia sophia. On a street that is full of hostels so there are always friendly people to chat with and do things with. Most of the staff can't speak but the ones that do are really helpful and and super chill.

• 11th Nov 2014

The hostel worth what you pay. The staff is very nice and most of all they speak English! (Not a common thing in Istanbul). I was in the 16-beds room and I slept well. Shortly, I would back in Best Island Hostel again.

• 23rd Oct 2014

what i can say about this place, that it has a very good location. if you choose a type of the room which called "tent" you should know that it is actually not a tent it is an open balcony even without a roof.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Russia

Nice place and an excellent location to see the attractions but lacked atmosphere and had no real common area to socialise. The locker system was not safe at all. They took my purse and asked me to write down it's contents then put it in the cupboard at reception with NO lock. I saw no one at the desk on two occasions. Anyone could easily take your valuabls. The free Turkish breakfast was nice.

One of the worst hostel experiences I've had. The staff were incompetent and downright rude to the guests. When we got to our room their was a terrible odor that made it difficult to stay in it for any extended periods of time, the sheets were stained, and all of the lockers were broken. As a budget backpacker I don't expect much but this place disappointed even the slightest of expectations. The only thing this place has going for it is the location but there are much better hostels in the area

This is the worst hostel in my life. I've been 59 countries and I never written any review. so I'm gonna make first case now because I really have to do for somebody who need to know true. 1. Location is best. 2. sleep on terrace is awesome but you have to move inside when rainy day and extra charge. 2am or even 4am. doesn't matter you have to move and pay. 3. staff are not too much bad person but I couldn't feel they worked for guest. 4. wifi is really really really bad don't expect it.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

It is disadvantage that hostel doesn't have a common room (except infront of the street and on the terrace, while is not used for sleeping tent) The staff could know about turist information a little more(closing and opening time, entrance fee...) otherwise you have to check it on the internet and it takes you a lot time.

Great location, cheap considering where it is, rooms aren't overcrowded, although nowehere to place big suitcases/backpacks. Lacks a decent common area, but tables abd chairs out front.

Good value for money. Be sure to book through Hostelworld. Staff cannot manage it if you show up. Poor breakfasts, excellent localization.

The location is excellent, and the price OK, but my wife and I were very dissapointed to have a private room that was poorly ventilated and smelled musty. Its only window was a tiny thing that looked out onto the feet of people sitting at the tables outside. Consequently, when you closed it at night so that it would be quiet enough to sleep, the musty smell became stronger. Also, the shared batchroom, was actually on the main floor, one storey above our room, and shared with everyone.

Good location. Two steps from the Topkapi palace, Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. Very little room, in the size of bed. Very old aircon and very noisy. We had to pay extra 20lira per night to have room on the 2nd floor, because our room was on the 1floor and the window faced the cafe with smoking and talking people all night...

It couldn't have a better location. Not too many toilets and showers, but it wasn't a it problem. Included breakfast, but no kitchen available

Hostel was generally OK, however what I find as a disadvantage was really limited space, both in a room and in a bathroom. Also internet connection was not working what I find as a problem.

We stayed in a private double with a beautiful view of Aya Sofia. Everything was wonderful from the staff to the breakfast. The only problems we faced was a dreadfully slow wifi connection and a lack of bathrooms during the busy hours (mornings mostly). It would be nice to be able to cook our own food in the kitchen without charge, but it was not much of a big deal. The receptionist is the best and the other guys are fun as well.

Best Island Hostel is, quite frankly, one of the sketchiest hostels I've ever stayed at. There was no security. Sure they have a "lock box" but don't be so sure they'll actually lock it up. Bathrooms: terrible. And a cat literally crawled into my bed one night. But the 16 bed room has the most gorgeous views of the Hagia Sofia and the sea. The location simply can't be beat.

Come here everytime I'm in Istanbul, cheap, good location, friendly staff. Never had any problems.

Dear Freeman Thank you very much for your precious interest in Best Island Hostel.

Good localization, the staff is wonderfull. I recomend

• 28th Aug 2014

they have to check their reservations

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Dear Çizer Could you please be more specific ? What do you mean by claiming that they have to chek their reservations ? We have not come across any problem about the reservations through hostelworld. There might have been a misunderstanding about the process. Even though we have made such an innocent mistake, does it give you the right to criticize our enterprise by marking the lowest scores out of 5. We kindly request this unfair comment to be deleted soon by you or the hostelworld team.

Really good hostel. I would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3