Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Really good hostel. I would stay again.

I'm having a great time in the hostel. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, especially Alex he is guiding everyone around and happy to answer phonecalls at any time! The hostel gives you a nice homely feeling which made me decide to extend my stay with a week. Calm and lively at the same time, I would recommend it to everyone!

• 12th Aug 2014

This hostel was such a great experience, its so close to the main attractions from the balcony it feels likeyou can touch them. You can sleep under the stars onthe super social balcony, which I highly recommended. Or they have rooms. Alex the super hero of the hostel can fix any problem (my flights went awry), he can book you anything and everything, but best of all he is just a cool guy to hang out with. Cheap and cheerful, I loved this place.

A bit crowded but cheep and a nice breakfast included. The location was excellent and the staff was very helpfull. Even when we came back a week later he kindly allowed us to use the luggage room and bathroom without checking in. We highly recommend this place!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Even if the staff was nice and helpfull when we had a problem, the hostel is really dirty. We had a room litteraly underground and it was dirty, with already used blankets, wet and humid and also hot and noisy. Bathrooms were completly awful. The following day we searched another place.

• 4th Aug 2014

This hostel was in a great location! Close to many sights and great restaurants and bars. Alex is super friendly and helpful, so is his cousin. Beds and facilities are all good for what you pay, and there are organised pub crawls and cheap drinks available to buy from the hostel. Would definitely stay here again!

• 29th Jul 2014

thank you for staying with us and for nice rewiew .....

Too narrow place for so many people. i can never appreciate for the moneymaking of the owner of hostel. never use this hostel anymore.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Japan

The staff are great as is the location but we were in a tiny underground room right next to a lot of noise.

Very nice place to stay for a couple of days in Istanbul, very good environment and the people is very nice here. This was my first time in Istanbul and I wouldn't chose different in a second time

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

I stayed on the terrace overlooking Hagia Sophia and the Blue mosque which was really nice. It was annoying the first night when you were awoken by the mosques at 3:30 but they only kept on going for a minute or two. Nice staff and nice atmosphere. The only things I can complain about are the toilet and the shower. It seemed to have some kind of leak in the toilet (hopefully water) and the in the shower you had to choose between working light or working lock. But overall a really nice stay.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The location is great. You can get to most of the big tourist attractions on foot. However, the hostel wasn't clean. The bathrooms always looked like they needed a good scrubbing. On the other hand the staff was helpful in helping me find my way around Istanbul

This was definitely the best hostel experience I've had. The rave reviews (probably seen below) about Alex, the guy who runs things, are all accurate; he's awesome. The location is fantastic (Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque out the window) and the view from the terrace is amazing. Stay in the big room on the top floor. Internet sometimes has some issues, but c'est la vie, it mostly works. If you go to Istanbul, definitely stay here, I plan on going back some day.

thank you for nıce rewiew ı hope see u agaın ..thank you stay with us ...

Great place! Staff was awesome. Location was perfect.

• 1st Jul 2014

GREAT TIME IN BEST ISLAND HOSTEL!!! Here's a few reasons why you should choose it for your Istanbul trip: - Alex The Manager is just a STAR!!! All your questions answered, all your wishes met and hanging out together as a bonus :) - Location couldn't be better, all main sights approachable with a few minutes walk - Great price that you can hardly find anywhere else. - All facilities available, if you need smth, just ask - you'll get it (like we got hairdryer and charge cable) Alina&Kris

thank you very much for your nice rewiew ladys ...ı glad to you guys enjoy here ..

No locks on doors for dorm but the view and Alex the owner makes up for it. Super friendly environment, free breakfast daily, and hot water for showers. Can't beat the central location, right behind the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. Alex is very helpful if you need advice on how to get around. He's also got jokes for days.

• 27th Jun 2014

My stay in Istanbul was better because I chose to stay at Best Island. The place has a fun atmosphere, the breakfast is delicious, the location couldn't be better, and Alex, the manager, will hang out with the guests and show them the best bars/restaurants in the area. The only complaint I have is the state of the showers, but you get what you pay for and this hostel is cheap. Definitely worth a stay, and I'll book there again next time I'm in the city.

The hostel was in a GREAT location and like other reviewers have mentioned we found Alex to be super helpful... the other staff desk member not so much. Be forewarned, the biggest room (12 bed dorm I think) has panoramic windows... the view is great, but there are no curtains so be prepared to be woken up with the sunrise. Also, the awesome terrace is rented out to people to sleep so that means that you really can't hang out there, which was disappointing. No real common space as a result.

• 21st Jun 2014

Rally good location, only a 5-min walk to Hagia Sophia. also the installations very clean and comfortable. highly recommended

thank you very much for your nice rewiew ıts make us happy ...we very happy to hear that ...

I want to highly recommend I traveled in istanbul for a week and placed in this motel. Excellent location. in the center of the city close to everywhere (shopping and many sites of interest) Excellent price compared to what you get. in the end... I forgot my wallet with some cash and a driver's license, and them send me the wallet to my country. I could not ask for more ! Next time I am sure I will be in Istanbul in "Best Island Hotels"

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Adequate hostel with a fantastic roof top with view to the Hagia Sophia church. All attractions are walkable from the hostel. Best location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4