Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

It was a very nice time, we spent in the hostel. We slept on the terrace, with an amazing view of the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia. The staff is nice and helpful, except a lady at the reception.

Great location and helpful staff, can't ask for more really

we slept on the terrace and the view was incredible!!!

Staff very helpfull

I liked the place!

In general pretty good, faced to the Santa Sofia mosque, and sleeping in the big room for 16 people will give you excellent views in the morning. Breakfast was nice , also the staff were really helpful and charm. Nice experience in Istanbul!

Everything was great and it was super fun but breakfast was seriously lacking.

Really nice staff, funny and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better hostel for the price.

I booked what I thought was a bed, but it turned out to be a tent. And by tent they mean you sleep on the deck with no tent. And if it rains, you have to pay 6€ to come inside- sleeping outside in your own tent is not an option. Kind of bullshit.

Gran hostal! La gente es buena onda y muy ayudadora. Great hostel and awesome workers here! I recomend it!

Good location

• 24th Jun 2015

Try the tent or 16 bed-dorm, best view ever! The location is superb, 2 minutes walk to Haga Sofia and Blue mosque.

Very nice hostel with a good breakfast location is amazing the staff is extremely professional I met some very interesting guests from all over the world Yusuf which is Joseph in English was very helpful and always ready to help with information and suggestions on travelling in Turkey. A+++

We loved our stay at this hostel! The location is great, a 2 minute walk to the Hagia Sophia and 10 minute walk to Blue Mosque, and is right next to a street full of nice restaurants and bars. Staff speaks English well and was very helpful in making plans. The 24 hour policy was especially helpful because of how late our flight got in and how early we had to leave. We came back to stay at Best Island for our last 3 days in Istanbul!

• 17th Jun 2015

Worst hostel in my life! Good points: The hostel is extremely well located, it is possible to do everything walking. The staff is pretty nice and helpful, except for the boss, she was completely rude all the time. Bad Points: The room didn't have windons, smelled musty. The bathroom had no box, so when we took shower everything got wet. We were with no energy for 2 mornings and one night. There was an air conditioner but we were not allowed to use, so it is possible to imagine how hot was

• 17th Jun 2015

Honestly one of the best hostels I've been to, the value for money is brilliant. I ended up staying for 5 nights having only booked for 2. Yusef (spelling might be off) the manager was amazing he gave us great service,tips and made us feel at home. i dont see the point of hotels when places like this are around. i will be coming back if i come to istanbul again.

The best part of the hostel is its location. Close to Sultanahmet, HagaSofia and Topkapi palace. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have WiFi in all rooms. The 16-bed dorm is a bit too crowded. You don't have a lot of space and there is only one power strip for the whole bedroom. The windows don't have curtains so when the sun comes up the bedroom is lighted. There is no individual lamps as well so when people arrive they have to turn on the light for the whole dorm.

Good thing that they have breakfast!

I had an excellent stay at this hostel. It was very affordable, a really good location and a fantastic outside area which was a good place to meet fellow backpackers. The highlight however was definitely the excellent staff - they were extremely pleasant, and going out of their way to be helpful.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

I'm all for traveling on the cheap, but I think there is a minimum of security that should be expected anywhere. Our valuable belongings were kept behind a desk, unlocked and usually unwatched. If you plan on staying in a tent and it "rains" you are expected to pay extra, on top of what you have already payed, to sleep inside- and possibly just on the floor if there are no empty beds. No security what-so-ever in 16 bed dorm. And I felt uneasy about the staff scamming us for money.

• 9th Jun 2015