Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Hostel was generally OK, however what I find as a disadvantage was really limited space, both in a room and in a bathroom. Also internet connection was not working what I find as a problem.

We stayed in a private double with a beautiful view of Aya Sofia. Everything was wonderful from the staff to the breakfast. The only problems we faced was a dreadfully slow wifi connection and a lack of bathrooms during the busy hours (mornings mostly). It would be nice to be able to cook our own food in the kitchen without charge, but it was not much of a big deal. The receptionist is the best and the other guys are fun as well.

Best Island Hostel is, quite frankly, one of the sketchiest hostels I've ever stayed at. There was no security. Sure they have a "lock box" but don't be so sure they'll actually lock it up. Bathrooms: terrible. And a cat literally crawled into my bed one night. But the 16 bed room has the most gorgeous views of the Hagia Sofia and the sea. The location simply can't be beat.

Come here everytime I'm in Istanbul, cheap, good location, friendly staff. Never had any problems.

Dear Freeman Thank you very much for your precious interest in Best Island Hostel.

Good localization, the staff is wonderfull. I recomend

• 28th Aug 2014

they have to check their reservations

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Really good hostel. I would stay again.

Best Island Hostel is really cheap... now i know why ! the dormroom, it's just mattress on the floor, outside, and you can find someone in your bed when you go outside.

• 14th Aug 2014

Dear Simmon You should have shared these kind of problems with us while you were staying at our hostel and we could have figured out what the problem was. If someone else had slept in your bed, it must have been his/her fault. If people leave their staff on the floor or outside, it is their impoliteness. We always warn people about not doing that.

I'm having a great time in the hostel. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, especially Alex he is guiding everyone around and happy to answer phonecalls at any time! The hostel gives you a nice homely feeling which made me decide to extend my stay with a week. Calm and lively at the same time, I would recommend it to everyone!

• 12th Aug 2014

This hostel was such a great experience, its so close to the main attractions from the balcony it feels likeyou can touch them. You can sleep under the stars onthe super social balcony, which I highly recommended. Or they have rooms. Alex the super hero of the hostel can fix any problem (my flights went awry), he can book you anything and everything, but best of all he is just a cool guy to hang out with. Cheap and cheerful, I loved this place.

A bit crowded but cheep and a nice breakfast included. The location was excellent and the staff was very helpfull. Even when we came back a week later he kindly allowed us to use the luggage room and bathroom without checking in. We highly recommend this place!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Even if the staff was nice and helpfull when we had a problem, the hostel is really dirty. We had a room litteraly underground and it was dirty, with already used blankets, wet and humid and also hot and noisy. Bathrooms were completly awful. The following day we searched another place.

• 4th Aug 2014

This hostel was in a great location! Close to many sights and great restaurants and bars. Alex is super friendly and helpful, so is his cousin. Beds and facilities are all good for what you pay, and there are organised pub crawls and cheap drinks available to buy from the hostel. Would definitely stay here again!

• 29th Jul 2014

thank you for staying with us and for nice rewiew .....

This hostel was one of the best I've ever slept in. I was worried that travelling alone to Istanbul would mean I wouldn't make any friends, but the atmosphere in that Hostel was just the opposite. People all hung out together outside, and for what you're paying the bedrooms and bathrooms are excellent. I heard there were some problems with the internet, but I used the computer they had twice, and if you refreshed the internet page, it worked. Overall, I loved my stay there.

• 26th Jul 2014

Too narrow place for so many people. i can never appreciate for the moneymaking of the owner of hostel. never use this hostel anymore.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Japan

The staff are great as is the location but we were in a tiny underground room right next to a lot of noise.

Very nice place to stay for a couple of days in Istanbul, very good environment and the people is very nice here. This was my first time in Istanbul and I wouldn't chose different in a second time

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

I stayed on the terrace overlooking Hagia Sophia and the Blue mosque which was really nice. It was annoying the first night when you were awoken by the mosques at 3:30 but they only kept on going for a minute or two. Nice staff and nice atmosphere. The only things I can complain about are the toilet and the shower. It seemed to have some kind of leak in the toilet (hopefully water) and the in the shower you had to choose between working light or working lock. But overall a really nice stay.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The location is great. You can get to most of the big tourist attractions on foot. However, the hostel wasn't clean. The bathrooms always looked like they needed a good scrubbing. On the other hand the staff was helpful in helping me find my way around Istanbul

This was definitely the best hostel experience I've had. The rave reviews (probably seen below) about Alex, the guy who runs things, are all accurate; he's awesome. The location is fantastic (Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque out the window) and the view from the terrace is amazing. Stay in the big room on the top floor. Internet sometimes has some issues, but c'est la vie, it mostly works. If you go to Istanbul, definitely stay here, I plan on going back some day.

thank you for nıce rewiew ı hope see u agaın ..thank you stay with us ...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5