Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

One of the worst hostel experiences I've had. The staff were incompetent and downright rude to the guests. When we got to our room their was a terrible odor that made it difficult to stay in it for any extended periods of time, the sheets were stained, and all of the lockers were broken. As a budget backpacker I don't expect much but this place disappointed even the slightest of expectations. The only thing this place has going for it is the location but there are much better hostels in the area

It is disadvantage that hostel doesn't have a common room (except infront of the street and on the terrace, while is not used for sleeping tent) The staff could know about turist information a little more(closing and opening time, entrance fee...) otherwise you have to check it on the internet and it takes you a lot time.

Great location, cheap considering where it is, rooms aren't overcrowded, although nowehere to place big suitcases/backpacks. Lacks a decent common area, but tables abd chairs out front.

Good location. Two steps from the Topkapi palace, Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. Very little room, in the size of bed. Very old aircon and very noisy. We had to pay extra 20lira per night to have room on the 2nd floor, because our room was on the 1floor and the window faced the cafe with smoking and talking people all night...

It couldn't have a better location. Not too many toilets and showers, but it wasn't a it problem. Included breakfast, but no kitchen available

Hostel was generally OK, however what I find as a disadvantage was really limited space, both in a room and in a bathroom. Also internet connection was not working what I find as a problem.

We stayed in a private double with a beautiful view of Aya Sofia. Everything was wonderful from the staff to the breakfast. The only problems we faced was a dreadfully slow wifi connection and a lack of bathrooms during the busy hours (mornings mostly). It would be nice to be able to cook our own food in the kitchen without charge, but it was not much of a big deal. The receptionist is the best and the other guys are fun as well.

Best Island Hostel is, quite frankly, one of the sketchiest hostels I've ever stayed at. There was no security. Sure they have a "lock box" but don't be so sure they'll actually lock it up. Bathrooms: terrible. And a cat literally crawled into my bed one night. But the 16 bed room has the most gorgeous views of the Hagia Sofia and the sea. The location simply can't be beat.

Come here everytime I'm in Istanbul, cheap, good location, friendly staff. Never had any problems.

Dear Freeman Thank you very much for your precious interest in Best Island Hostel.

Good localization, the staff is wonderfull. I recomend

• 28th Aug 2014

they have to check their reservations

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Dear Çizer Could you please be more specific ? What do you mean by claiming that they have to chek their reservations ? We have not come across any problem about the reservations through hostelworld. There might have been a misunderstanding about the process. Even though we have made such an innocent mistake, does it give you the right to criticize our enterprise by marking the lowest scores out of 5. We kindly request this unfair comment to be deleted soon by you or the hostelworld team.

Really good hostel. I would stay again.

Best Island Hostel is really cheap... now i know why ! the dormroom, it's just mattress on the floor, outside, and you can find someone in your bed when you go outside.

• 14th Aug 2014

Dear Simmon You should have shared these kind of problems with us while you were staying at our hostel and we could have figured out what the problem was. If someone else had slept in your bed, it must have been his/her fault. If people leave their staff on the floor or outside, it is their impoliteness. We always warn people about not doing that.

I'm having a great time in the hostel. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, especially Alex he is guiding everyone around and happy to answer phonecalls at any time! The hostel gives you a nice homely feeling which made me decide to extend my stay with a week. Calm and lively at the same time, I would recommend it to everyone!

• 12th Aug 2014

This hostel was such a great experience, its so close to the main attractions from the balcony it feels likeyou can touch them. You can sleep under the stars onthe super social balcony, which I highly recommended. Or they have rooms. Alex the super hero of the hostel can fix any problem (my flights went awry), he can book you anything and everything, but best of all he is just a cool guy to hang out with. Cheap and cheerful, I loved this place.

A bit crowded but cheep and a nice breakfast included. The location was excellent and the staff was very helpfull. Even when we came back a week later he kindly allowed us to use the luggage room and bathroom without checking in. We highly recommend this place!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Even if the staff was nice and helpfull when we had a problem, the hostel is really dirty. We had a room litteraly underground and it was dirty, with already used blankets, wet and humid and also hot and noisy. Bathrooms were completly awful. The following day we searched another place.

• 4th Aug 2014

This hostel was in a great location! Close to many sights and great restaurants and bars. Alex is super friendly and helpful, so is his cousin. Beds and facilities are all good for what you pay, and there are organised pub crawls and cheap drinks available to buy from the hostel. Would definitely stay here again!

• 29th Jul 2014

thank you for staying with us and for nice rewiew .....

This hostel was one of the best I've ever slept in. I was worried that travelling alone to Istanbul would mean I wouldn't make any friends, but the atmosphere in that Hostel was just the opposite. People all hung out together outside, and for what you're paying the bedrooms and bathrooms are excellent. I heard there were some problems with the internet, but I used the computer they had twice, and if you refreshed the internet page, it worked. Overall, I loved my stay there.

• 26th Jul 2014

Too narrow place for so many people. i can never appreciate for the moneymaking of the owner of hostel. never use this hostel anymore.

• 26th Jul 2014