Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Excellent location and atmosphere. I just regret we couldn´t sleep in the tent

There are two things that make this hostel better than any other in Istanbul: 1) the café-like chill area outside, and 2) the staff. MJ and Yusuf will take care of your every need, as well as provide excellent company. You can simply step out onto the street outside for an ice cold Turkish beer any time of the day (or night), which is extremely convenient after long days of sight-seeing. Few hostels can provide the same friendly, relaxed atmosphere. A true gem in the heart of Istanbul!

This place was in the perfect area and had an amazing staff. Both Yusaf and MJ were very helpful and genuinely good people! Had a great time here and I cannot wait to come hangout again!

Very friendly and informative staff in an excellent location with a perfect backdrop of asasofia. Staff know all the ins and outs of the cit if you want to exploreinstanbul it's easily one of the best places to stay in Istanbul.

• 28th May 2015

The stay at best island was great! All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed. Perfect location to see the blue mosque, palace and aha Sofya. Breakfast was great. Only thing is the locks in the rooms did not work the best- the staff is happy to hold any valuables behind their desk. Highly recommend this place for budget travelers!

• 28th May 2015

Awesome location by the Blue Mosque and the Haga Sofia, awesome view from the roof too. Right by the water and loads of places to eat. Facilities were clean and plenty, the breakfast was always good too. The staff were good, especially Yusuf. I had trouble finding a way to Greece in the morning, and Yusuf got a tour bus to give me a free ride to the bus station and booked me a bus out of the country. Ill be goind back and I deffinitly reccomend it.

The staff was so friendly and helpful! Loved staying here

The staff and the people staying there were lots of fun, very welcoming and helpful. The upstairs is quite cheap and with an absolutely amazing view of hagia Sofia and blue mosque. Highly recommend!

• 23rd May 2015

My boyfriend and I enjoyed this hostel for a week. We had our own room and it was not noisy. The staff is very helpful and the location is great. 5 minutes walk to the Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque and tramstop. Breakfast is fine. If you are looking for a cheap and basic hostel (and great location), I would certainly recommend Best Island Hostel.

• 22nd May 2015

Everything was OK until we received a wrong information from the staff about the duration of the shuttle to the airport (about 45 main out of peak hour and he told us 2.5 hours), which cost us 4 hours at the airport waiting for our plane and did not let us sleep more and have breakfast.

The staffs are welcoming, the location is excellent, and interesting people can be met there. Several drawbacks: 1. The room is rather small 2. Do not book bus ticket at the hotel!!! They have tickets from a Suha bus company, whose buses and service are extremely poor. Do book the ticket with Metro Turizm yourself. It is very easy - they have office just beside the Sultanahmet Square. 3. Breakfast is kind of poor, and begins quite late.

• 21st May 2015
  • China

The location of the hostel is Excellant.. It's near Topcapi Palace/Musium and all other tourist attractions of Istanbul.. If you walk 5-10 minutes then you can reach any of the tourist attractions.. They served me good breakfast for free which was really helpful to start the day. The staffs are really helpful, provides any information you need.. Specially I must mention about one staff named Yusuf, he helped me a lot during my stay. Even he helped me to carry my bags to 3rd floor.. I'm thankful.

The staff at Best Island made me feel like I was part of family. They always asked how I was, recommended places to go, and even lent me a transport card. I would recommend. Great location right next to the Hagia Sophia.

Everyone was really cool, especially the staff!!!

Good little hostel we had a private room i definetly would not like to stay in the dorm on the terrace though good hostel for a night or 2 staff were awesome wssnt hasseling or anything just in for a good chat n helpful tips and ideas ... Breakfast is very very basic but nothing to complain about.

Our stay at Best Island Hotel has been great all along! Location could not be better, view from the top floor dorm is awesome, cheap price and the staff will help you with anything.There is no island but great free breakfast ; ) Would recommend to anyone!

• 13th May 2015

Basic facilities, in busy area, noisy until late in the night. Great lokation, comfy bed, hot water at all times.

Good location and excellent staff !

Great location and great value! The staff is very accommodating and make it a point to get to know each guest. Definitely felt welcome and highly recommend!

• 4th May 2015
  • South Africa

Great time at this hostel!