Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

The staffs are welcoming, the location is excellent, and interesting people can be met there. Several drawbacks: 1. The room is rather small 2. Do not book bus ticket at the hotel!!! They have tickets from a Suha bus company, whose buses and service are extremely poor. Do book the ticket with Metro Turizm yourself. It is very easy - they have office just beside the Sultanahmet Square. 3. Breakfast is kind of poor, and begins quite late.

• 21st May 2015
  • China

The location of the hostel is Excellant.. It's near Topcapi Palace/Musium and all other tourist attractions of Istanbul.. If you walk 5-10 minutes then you can reach any of the tourist attractions.. They served me good breakfast for free which was really helpful to start the day. The staffs are really helpful, provides any information you need.. Specially I must mention about one staff named Yusuf, he helped me a lot during my stay. Even he helped me to carry my bags to 3rd floor.. I'm thankful.

The staff at Best Island made me feel like I was part of family. They always asked how I was, recommended places to go, and even lent me a transport card. I would recommend. Great location right next to the Hagia Sophia.

Everyone was really cool, especially the staff!!!

Good little hostel we had a private room i definetly would not like to stay in the dorm on the terrace though good hostel for a night or 2 staff were awesome wssnt hasseling or anything just in for a good chat n helpful tips and ideas ... Breakfast is very very basic but nothing to complain about.

Our stay at Best Island Hotel has been great all along! Location could not be better, view from the top floor dorm is awesome, cheap price and the staff will help you with anything.There is no island but great free breakfast ; ) Would recommend to anyone!

• 13th May 2015

Basic facilities, in busy area, noisy until late in the night. Great lokation, comfy bed, hot water at all times.

Good location and excellent staff !

Great location and great value! The staff is very accommodating and make it a point to get to know each guest. Definitely felt welcome and highly recommend!

• 4th May 2015
  • South Africa

Great time at this hostel!

I loved staying here. The dorms were quiet and comfortable. Great place to meet other travelers. Super friendly and helpful staff. Free breakfast. Nice rooftop terrace and garden in the front. Close to all the tourist stuff and the tram. I'd stay here again!

Staff was extreamly friendly and helpful. They gave really nice advices...However, the room was really small for two people..Hardly any space to move in room except to just sleep on bed.

Nice Location, Staff is extremely Facilities are not on par with XXI century's standards Breakfast is super light (1 egg, 2 slices of tomato, 2 slices of cucumber, pieces of bread, jam & butter) No roof-top terrace available contrary to the pictures displayed.

• 30th Apr 2015

This is by far & without a doubt the worst hostel experience I've ever had. Not enough space to report all of the bad things about this hostel. The staff all clearly hate their jobs & complain incessantly, and evidently don't like their customers. Room stinks of mildew & cigarette smoke, with no windows/ventilation (the so-called 'deluxe' room), internet service down 50%+ of the time, horrible 'breakfast.'

Nice place to stay in the heart of Sultanamet. Stayed in the dorm which is on the top floor and has views over Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and the river. Staff were really friendly and helped us carry backpacks up 4 floors and arrange airport transfers. No lockers, but most hostels I stayed in in Turkey didn't have lockers.

easy to find, nice facitilies, hot water, breakfast included, good staff that is willing to help you along the way and a shuttle service TO the airport. Location is great, it is really close yo Haga Sophia and sulthan Ahmet, with a view from the terrace.

Staff is friendly, awesome location and awesome view, privates rooms are amazing, the only thing about complain is the wifi, upstairs is very poor.

Nice stay, the staff is nice, but it feels not so real for his hospitality!

Booked here for 3 nights ended up staying for 7. Stayed in the 16 bed mixed dorm. Best view of Istanbul. Wake up and see the Bosphorus on one side, then turn around and see the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia on the other side. Friendliest staff as well. More than keen to help you out, or just chat and hang out. Highly recommend this to anyone who wants to stay in Istanbul. I'll be back here for sure on my next stay.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Ok, the building is very old and it wasn't very clean. But it looks worse than it actually is and really wasn't a problem. Most importantly, we were very well taken care of; the staff knew who we were, gave us tips on where to go, ordered out airport shuttle for us, and always made sure that we were being safe and knew what to watch out for around Istanbul. The location was also great - view of Hagia Sophia from the window and just around the corner from most major sites.