Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

I enjoyed staying at Best Island, and particularly liked the rooftop terrace. The staff was accomodating and the location is stellar. I found there was little hoste vibe to the place due to the limited space for communal hangouts, and I would have enjoyed having kitchen access. In general my stay was enjoyable.

The staff is great, the location perfect and everything else doesn't matter.

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Ukraine

The Hostel has the best location ever! Igor, the receptionist was very helpful and kind also the husband of the owner. The owner was very rude we felt like we are not welcome there! She would give us an unfriendly look all the time never say Hi or anything! She is the enemy of her own money! The Hostel was very dirty shower toilet disgusting no handles on door, sofa disgusting. Breakfast ridiculous! I would not recommend it to anyone!

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Hungary

This hostel was AMAZING - great staff and amazing location!! Great value for money. Less than a 5 min walk to blue mosque and Hagia Sophia and a 15 min walk to the grand bazaar. We loved our stay here and have returned for a second time to this hostel. Igor one of the staff is super friendly and so helpful with all questions he even walked us to a certain shop we asked for to show us the way. Definitely recommend this place 5 stars for sure!

Very well located, with an amazing view from the dorm, so you can reach everything by foot. Very friendly staff, that helps with everything and cares about you, if you need help. Good breakfast inclued. I will defenitly come back.

It was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in! I booked the tent, the bed was wet and staff was rude. The only good thing about hostel was that it was close to attractions. But still, I would not recommend it. Don't ruin your experience just for few less bucks!

we got there and it didnt make a good first impression. Bad mainteinance to the building. Not attractive at all. The bathroom is awful. Really dirty. I didnt even want to take a shower without shoes. Staff was ok. The private room we got was not very big but it had enough space. In general i dont wanna go back. Great location though.

The location is perfect!! The breakfast is good, but always the same.

Great location, can't get any closer to Hagia Sophia. The staff are also very friendly. But there's no atmosphere and no common room. They charge you for laundry and don't let you wash up in the sink, which was a big let down. They also try to sell tickets for boat tours which were more than double what you can find at the port, even after their 'discount'. They don't let you bring in alcohol and the beers they sell aren't the cheapest.

Turkey is full of surprises! And the Best Island is not exception- I booked a place on the terrace for 12TL, but when I arrived I was said, I could not stay there, because rain was expected, and offered to stay inside for double price 25TL! I persisted to sleep on the terrace, as I was coming from 1 week hiking at mountains at 2500m altitude and had full equipment, so a city rain would be no problem, and in my opinion it was NOT going to rain! Nevertheless I was said NO. No drop of rain happened

We slept on the balcony in open-space on the mattress like illegal migrants.There are 10 mattresses in a small area. Staff don't change bed-clothes.Sanitary engineering is in disgusting condition.It's repugnant to use it.Light doesn't work somewhere Everything is dirty.If it's raining, the staff extorts money for sleeping in the room.The breakfast is poor and tasteless.The stuff moves belongings.We tryed to indicate the defects to the hostel's owner but he was rude and in fact turned us out

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Russia

Hostel was good for a place to sleep, didn't really have a common room, but I enjoyed sleeping on the outdoor balcony. Would stay again. New staff member (can't recall his name?) Was a great, very friendly and helpful. Great location

• 30th Aug 2015

Great location, couldn't get much better! The shower facilities are not great and the breakfast leaves a bit to the imagination but nice cold air con and great staff!

You'll get what you payed for. The breakfast is fairly good. The facilities are not very nice. The dorm room have a complete side next to a big window so at 8 am the sun will cook you alive. A courtain should be fairly cheap. The showers had no hangers, one of them had no light and the other one was broken so you have a hoose, not a proper shower. The staff was not overly friendly....rather indifferent. Lots of weird people i guess because of the price. No te best place I've been..

Location is super good. Staffs are very friendly. Toilet isn't clean.

Great location, close to the sea!! Cheapest in Istanbul.

1 2 Next » last »