Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Really good location, walking distance from most of the attractions. However, my bunk bed did not have a ladder to get up the top bed, other than that, pretty comfortable beds.

The day time service was good, the staff were very helpful with directions etc. at the time. However, the information they gave me was incorrect and I had to rely on help from locals to get to where I needed to be. Also the washing machine was broken. In the evening, the pub crawl was fairly grim for a woman on her own. The manager was really drunk and tried to get me to help them get into a club (as the group consisted of a lot of his male friends) before giving me directions home. Charming!

• 24th Jul 2015

It was a very nice time, we spent in the hostel. We slept on the terrace, with an amazing view of the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia. The staff is nice and helpful, except a lady at the reception.

Great location and helpful staff, can't ask for more really

Accidentally booked a basement room without a window, they bumped us up to a room with a view of the hagia sophia for no extra cost! The room was small but clean and very comfortable with air conditioning. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was great and the location is incredible!

Fantastic stay. Enjoyed sleeping under the stars on the balcony.

we slept on the terrace and the view was incredible!!!

Staff very helpfull

I liked the place!

In general pretty good, faced to the Santa Sofia mosque, and sleeping in the big room for 16 people will give you excellent views in the morning. Breakfast was nice , also the staff were really helpful and charm. Nice experience in Istanbul!

Everything was great and it was super fun but breakfast was seriously lacking.

Really nice staff, funny and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better hostel for the price.

I booked what I thought was a bed, but it turned out to be a tent. And by tent they mean you sleep on the deck with no tent. And if it rains, you have to pay 6€ to come inside- sleeping outside in your own tent is not an option. Kind of bullshit.

Gran hostal! La gente es buena onda y muy ayudadora. Great hostel and awesome workers here! I recomend it!

Good location

• 24th Jun 2015

Try the tent or 16 bed-dorm, best view ever! The location is superb, 2 minutes walk to Haga Sofia and Blue mosque.

Very nice hostel with a good breakfast location is amazing the staff is extremely professional I met some very interesting guests from all over the world Yusuf which is Joseph in English was very helpful and always ready to help with information and suggestions on travelling in Turkey. A+++

We loved our stay at this hostel! The location is great, a 2 minute walk to the Hagia Sophia and 10 minute walk to Blue Mosque, and is right next to a street full of nice restaurants and bars. Staff speaks English well and was very helpful in making plans. The 24 hour policy was especially helpful because of how late our flight got in and how early we had to leave. We came back to stay at Best Island for our last 3 days in Istanbul!

• 17th Jun 2015

Worst hostel in my life! Good points: The hostel is extremely well located, it is possible to do everything walking. The staff is pretty nice and helpful, except for the boss, she was completely rude all the time. Bad Points: The room didn't have windons, smelled musty. The bathroom had no box, so when we took shower everything got wet. We were with no energy for 2 mornings and one night. There was an air conditioner but we were not allowed to use, so it is possible to imagine how hot was

• 17th Jun 2015

Honestly one of the best hostels I've been to, the value for money is brilliant. I ended up staying for 5 nights having only booked for 2. Yusef (spelling might be off) the manager was amazing he gave us great service,tips and made us feel at home. i dont see the point of hotels when places like this are around. i will be coming back if i come to istanbul again.