Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Booked here for 3 nights ended up staying for 7. Stayed in the 16 bed mixed dorm. Best view of Istanbul. Wake up and see the Bosphorus on one side, then turn around and see the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia on the other side. Friendliest staff as well. More than keen to help you out, or just chat and hang out. Highly recommend this to anyone who wants to stay in Istanbul. I'll be back here for sure on my next stay.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Ok, the building is very old and it wasn't very clean. But it looks worse than it actually is and really wasn't a problem. Most importantly, we were very well taken care of; the staff knew who we were, gave us tips on where to go, ordered out airport shuttle for us, and always made sure that we were being safe and knew what to watch out for around Istanbul. The location was also great - view of Hagia Sophia from the window and just around the corner from most major sites.

We had a great time the staff was very personable and helpful; we really enjoyed talking to the staff and at the end we ended up being Facebook friends. The Hostel is situated in a great location and I would recommend people to make use of it and to ask for advice to the staff of where to go for food, drinks, etc.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • hosuna81

The first night we got there there was no running water, and no electricity. One shower shared between at least 15 or 20 people, good luck. The rooms/bathrooms are completely disgusting, the lockers don't work. The rooms are freezing and blankets stink and are stained/ripped. We were staying in a room for six and they randomly put a seventh person on a mattress in the middle of our floor without asking. Tried to switch hostels, they wouldn't let us. Also the worst wifi ever.

Had an amazing time at the best island hostel, met a lot of interesting travelers, and other sorts of folks. Yusuf the owner was very helpful and welcoming.

Great place!

This hostel is the best in Istanbul! I stayed for 3nights in thisn hostel. Good location, clean room, hot shower, breakfast, wifi and especially friendly staff! They always helped me. The owner is very kind and a staff Oktay is very friendly and funny! Because of them, I could enjoy in Istanbul! Thank you so much. If I come back to Istanbul, I'll stay here again. I recommend highly!

• 15th Mar 2015