Best London Hostels Reviews

22 Anson, London, England

DONT BOOK THIS PLACE The address listed does not have a hostel. Walked an hour trying to find it til we realized that. Saw reviews saying there was a second location where it actually was. Another hour and a half of searching to no end. Tried calling the front desk # repeatedly and did not get a response. Hostel was nonexistent outside of their charging services. Was still charged for one night's stay

• 26th Jun 2015

The environment in the district is really nice. And our private double bed room is so cute with the open kitchen and our private bathroom. The bed is really comfortable. And the caretakers are so kind and friendly as we arrived. Though the TV is not working and we could not do or time at night. If there could be a sofa then it would be a prefect home to stay.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The check-in process was a little confusing but acceptable.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Wifi was broken throughout stay. Rooms had not been cleaned (there was hair in the beds, and the sinks etc had just had a quick wipe - when I ran my hand around the kitchen sink on arrival it came up really dirty). On the plus side, we booked two twin rooms and got given two studios (with kitchenette) for no extra money, so that was good. Check-in was understaffed and this landlord manages a whole number of properties, so we didn't know in advance where we'd be exactly, and we had to wait around

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The front door is permanently left open/unlocked and the rooms do not lock. I was always worried that people would just come in and take stuff. There was two people squatting in the room I was in which was only found out when the room became fully booked and were supposed to be more beds. The long termers in this place were bums or weird. I got into a fight for the first time in all my travels because I opened a window (because the room smelled) and another guest didn't like light in the room

The hostel was good. The staff friendly but not very reactive. We wait arround 1h30 in front of the door for to someone open to us. And it could be very good to precis on hostel world that you aren't doing late checking. If your plane is late...you will sleep outside. For the rest, the room are good and clean.

My friend and I were late but we contacted hours in advance to know about the way to get the keys for the hostel. unfortunately they did not pick up the calls and they did not reply to the texts. they also did not called back after the voicemail. Some guests left us in to sleep over night on the couch but who gave us the keys on the following did not apologize and forgot to give us the code for the lock of the gate. No signal for the mobile phone while inside. Never again there! Avoid!

It was very dirty and UNSECURE!!!!! Someone easily opened our door, with another key! Floor was dirty etc... :(

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Very old house, everything makes noisy (doors, floor, windows, pipes) You can hear what everybody is doing Even thought people clean the place everyday, it looks like the dirty is too old to be clean There is mold everywhere The bathroom is really small ( airplane size) and disgusting 20 min walking from the underground which sucks if you are carrying things No shoppings around, not even to buy water

One thing you need to know before booking is that this is not a hostel but a accommodation company with several houses around the Kilburn station. We paid for double room and got put into a small room with two bunk beds, one of which was falling apart. It was late so I called in the next morning, and it took some persuasion to be moved to another location. The room seemed nice and spacious at first, but we started developing insanely itchy insect bites all over our bodies.

The atmosphere was fantastic! The tenants there are nice. It is very spacious and big kitchen. Everything was good except that they expect all guests have a phone number to call them for check in. I was brought to another location from the address on the website.

It's not what I would call a hostel. For starters, there's no staff. Every few days cleaners come round and do a half assed job. No breakfast provided. Not in the location that is advertised on Hostelworld. Virtually no kitchen equipment, no toilet paper for Christ's sake!

At first we had to go on a different address which was not that far however it was good that we had GPS. The room was smaller than what we expected and a little old however we had everything that we needed. Basically it was exactly what you pay for. The only negative thing was that it war really noisy because of the slamming doors from others on the floor.

• 15th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

The great Hostel in the awesome place

• 8th May 2015

Could be better, the cost of this hostel you can get better in zone 1

The most poorly managed hostel ever stayed at. The facilities are great but the lack of organisation and poor management makes it frustrating to stay. THe cash only business with NO receipts is dodgy and illegal. The females workers there are gorgeous though. Lily and Rachel are beautiful!

I love the location. The building was big enough. Has lots of space and facilities. I loved staying in the female dorm. Staff can be approved, but I would highly recommend it.

Manageable

BEST? London Hostels?? We had to wait 45 minutes for somebody to come and check us in, after calling many times. Washing machine and dryer doesn´t work, got send next door to use the facilities there, but also here they were out of order. When I checked-in the guy mentioned that check-out is 10.30 am. At 9.40 am the next morning he came into the room and told me I had 20 minutes to check-out, because people are waiting to check-in. Breakfast was a joke.

• 24th Apr 2015

Great hostel with helpful and friendly staff