Best London Hostels Reviews

22 Anson Rd, London, England

1 The location is not the same that I booked for 2 No reception available, they don't even pick up the phone 3 Bed wasn't ready at the moment at the check in, and not even a locker available. 4 I didn't receive a pillow till my last night 4 Room dirty with food and dirty clothes around and very stinky 5 No socket working in the common area, no wifii working properly everywhere

• 4th Feb 2016

So, It's not the way it's advertised but it was one of the most interesting hostel experiences I had. Anarchy prevails here, it's like ghetto - it's dirty, it's a mess but at the same time it's a place where friendships are fostered. Since most of the time there's no staff around, the community is self governed and everything is created and every problem is solved by the guests through informal governing structure. I'm talking about the 51 :) 51ers will understand!

He have to wait over 60 min somewhere in city because of not accurate localisation put to booking.com, nobody is answering their phones and even when finally answered nobody cared ! Worst contact I ever had in any hostel. Apart of it there were bunch of guys who didn't respect others especially at night: running, shouting till 3 a.m, and tey though they were funny. Really, if I knew it, i'd chosen another hostel.

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Poland

I was very disappointed the service you get to that hostel, beside the language barrier the service is awful. No body knows how to run a business, as a tanant you piece of meat to them. They change you around almost everyday, sometimes they can't find you a bed even if you did book online. They sound very desperate in a way they would accept everyone even if the is no bed available. What most shocking I heard the owner is english and he should known how to run a hostel.

Don't book this hostel! There are major security issues!!! As we arrived we were relocated to a house 10 minutes by car away from the original hostel. The house where we were brought to wasn't a Hostel at all. It was really filthy and the toilet and shower weren't cleaned properly. Nevertheless the biggest issue was the security one. The people living there made very quickly quite clear that they didn't like us at all. Which was pretty scary. Additionally to that the room door had no lock

that hostel is like partyhostel. sleeping is unpossible as always fellows making loud noises even during night time, doors are banging constantly. bathrooms are totally dirty, even the kitchen. we never cooked there as it was nasty!!! i cant recommend this accomondation! never before i made experiences like that in a hostel!

• 9th Oct 2015

Washing machine doesn't work and staff continuously tell guests that "the maintenance guy is coming today" but he never does. Very clean. Wifi very bad. Great atmosphere. Loungeroom lighting too bright. Alcohol rules too strict.

• 21st Sep 2015

Members of staff are amazingly rude. The company that manages this hostel will never give you what you booked or paid for. I was always booking with this company for two months week after week extending online and they never gave me what i reserved or paid for. If I pay for a 12 bed dorm they put me in a filthy dirty cramped 8 bed dorm and if I paid for a 8 bed dorm they put me in a 12 bed dorm in a different building 2 miles away from the original address of the hostel building which I booked.

liked the size of the place,big kitchen with plenty of storage