Best London Hostels Reviews

22 Anson, London, England

It was not a good experience. I got substandard service from the staff, and I would never recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 29th Nov 2014

The hostel is located quite far away from the centre and very difficult to find. You will need to take tube, which is very expensive, every time you want to go out. The staff responded very slowly during check-in and the check-in process is quite troublesome as you need to phone them and wait for the staff to come and give you the key. It will not be a good choice if you are staying for a very short period of time. Though, the facilities are quite good as they have fridges and big kitchen.

we had a kind of flat, really nice. Everything was alright, the welcoming was good. Only a small problem with the internet connection. We recommend it.

• 25th Oct 2014

When we arrived, I had to call the staff to bring us to the hostel. A kind girl took us to an other adress (not what I booked), but that room was excellent. Private bathroom and kitchen, lovely furnishing. The kitchen was well equiped, there were iron, toaster, electric kettle and dishes as well. The underground station was for 10 minutes walk. I think this was the best hostel I've ever been.

The place is indeed insecure and anything : as there is no permanent custodian or reception, strangers kept knocking on windows to get into the building or popped into our rooms in the middle of the night, either to find a bed or to retrieve luggage they had left behind after checking out. But anybody could get in, actually. The fire alarm seemed to be in the same state of disrepair as the various locks, beds, lights, toilets and kitchen appliances. The spooky basement kitchen was very dirty.

• 21st Oct 2014

They are understaffed massively. The facilities are good and there are lots of shops close.

The displayed location is not correct! My actual place was not 5 but 15 minutes away from the underground station! Furthermore, the service is a nightmare. They don't have a reception desk. So I asked before arrival for a receipt, I asked during check-in for a receipt and several other times via e-mail. First they told me I would get it later then that I already should have gotten it and finally they stopped replying completely.

this is not a regular hostel in fact I almost thought I'd been duped. You show up at a house and call , this took me ages and it was raining I was then carted off to some other house and dumped. The rooms were messy not necessarily due to hostel but other ppl staying lots of long term I think. Kitchen really big and wifi also good. Bathrooms not nice mouldy and small. I also was given two keys one for room and front door. Neither of which were ever, gate at front had code no one told me :(

Terrible hostel, the staff who come to check you in are actually nice, but the lady on the phone is not. The place is not clean at all. I had to wait 40 minutes outside in the rain before the lady arrived to check me in. The internet wasn't working for half of my stay, and when it was, it wasn't great at all. Only one kitchen (out of three) is open during dinner time. I didn't get a mattress until 5pm the day I checked in, and had to get my own mattress from the ground floor up to the third...

Great for my needs, as all girls in my room also just moved here and were also looking for a flat. This is not a party hostel, which was nice, as I am a teacher and needed a quiet space. Most people I met, live here temporariy, so don't expect the typical hostel experience here. Our room had mini fridges which was awesome! Nice bathrooms. My fave hostel in London so far. Only complaint is that I waited two hours on my first day to be picked up by staff and taken to my building.

We were picked up at the hostel within 20 minutes and brought to a different address after calling about the reservation. This was closer to the underground station and we got upgraded to an ensuite room with no additional costs. Room, bed and bathroom were nice and clean. Shared kitchen was fine too. Walls are thin, but no noise at night. Overall a good experience.

For the price this was excellent. I was with with my wife and 2 kids and although some things looked a bit tired, everything worked well. There was decent wifi, toilets and showers. The room had 2 single beds and a set of bunk beds, it had good storage, a tv, a cooker, a fridge and a sink. My wife has a bad back but found the bed comfortable. I would say that we were at 78 Anson Road and there are several sites which is not clear on booking.

The place where we stayed was nice. We had to wait two hours for the lady to come and give us our key to our room and check us in, which was annoying. Apart from that there were no problems.