Best Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Ministro Alfredo Valad�ao 36, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Filthy room with no window, which caused a mildew on the wall and a funky smell that would not go away. Besides that, the room did not appear to be cleaned, even when this service was requested. The walls were so thin you could hear everything that went on in the hostel, in the other rooms, in the lounge and, of course, the buzzer that would go off at all hours of the night. A deposit was requested for the linen and towels, which was not returned until demanded. Wifi was charged to top it all.

a room with nine people in bunkerbeds had a minute 10cm window opening on a corridor not even bringing in fresh air!!! almost zero ventilation which is very Un hygienic .... I couldnt even sleep that night there and slept in reception on a chair !!

• 23rd Jun 2012
  • Egypt

The staff (particularly Gabriel) were all extremely helpful and friendly, they really are so nice. The hostel itself is very small and the rooms are very cramped and the air con didn't work and all there was instead was a very noisy fan so it made sleeping difficult. The neighbourhood around the hostel is quite poor but generally it is safe enough. The front door is always staffed which is good for piece of mind. I'd recommend this hostel for a night or two but nothing longer as it is very basic

The staff wes very friemdly and helpfull! The rooms were clean and the location is great. Only negetive point was the kitchen, wich was not fully equiped for our needs.

BestRio is a hostel that has as main advantage its location. 3 Blocks away from Copacabana Beach, right next to Siqueira Campos Metro Station. You can also go by foot to cheap restaurants and snack bars, supermarkets and a 24hrs cash ATM. As a negative point, there's its size; very small, really 'tight' and almost no 'socialization areas'; mainly, the only usage of the hostel realy is to sleep. The breakfast is also very week (food tastes weird). I hope I wwas helpful ;)

• 12th Jan 2012

Awesome‎‎ Very nice hostel, great staff and excellent location, near the beach and subway, very good and cheap choice to stay in Rio Thank you guys! the perfect to stay

O quarto e o banheiro eram higienizados todos os dias . Os funcionários sempre muito educados, nos forneceram informações sobre passeios, diversão, meios de trransporte. Todos os dias à noite acontece encontros que permite a confraternização de todos os hóspedes, sendo um momento muito rico no qual podemos trocar informações com pessoas de culturas diferentes e divertir "a lot". Não ficaria em outro lugar quando for ao Rio

This was the worst place I have ever stayed in. Our first night, our room wasn't ready due to "computer problems" so my boyfriend and I had to sleep in bunk beds. The AC was only turned on at 10pm if we asked, the internet rarely worked, the breakfast was awful, and the staff was so incredibly rude. They also only gave us one towel for the shower the entire stay. When we asked for another one, they said no. My boyfriend hit his head and got blood on the sheets in the middle of the night, and they still woul

Really enjoy the hostel , clean and safe , great staff and very well located !

I really enjoyed. It was my second time at the Hostel. The location is excellent, close to beach and shopping. The breakfast is delicious. The bed is comfortable. The staff is very friendly. I recommend it and for sure I will return again and again.

I am not sure who gave the name best Rio! I think the wording needs to be changed. I am a very experienced backpacker and I know value for money. The breakfast was awful and the afternoon/evening receptionist was rude and very unwelcoming.

Sorry if we dont field your expectations , hope you can fin a little bit of happiness in your life!! god bless you !!

The hostel did its best to fit in as many rooms and beds as possible, resulting in narrow corridors and triple beds above each other. Location close the a metro station is ok though. In the end, spending one night here was ok, but I wouldn't book for a longer period.

Sorry about that for sure hope you will find happiness in your life

Everything went fine! I felt great and the hospitality made me feel at home! Good breakfast and modern instalations! Very clean indeed! Reasonable price.

• 8th Sep 2010

This is my 2nd time at the hostel as I liked it so much there was no problem in me returning. It is a very personal hostel, well looked after by the staff and always with a good chilled relax atmosphere. In a handy location, and always someone to talk to and hang out with, I recommend it.

we got double rooms, they were way, way too small! the shower was hot though. they lock the place up like fort knox so it's a little annoying having to ring the bell each time you come home. cheers! Bumfish

We stayed in a very cosy tiny private room, with a very cosy tiny bathroom. None-the-less, it was comfortable and breakfast is ample. Staff are excellent and knowledgeable. But the hostel can get quite loud if a rowdy group of travellers stay.

Staff at this hostel are awesome...location ok but a bit out of the way..cleaner very funny..Benard very helpful but isnt very good at pool..overall fun place.

Bianca, stop lying to future guests. I have beaten your ass several times in pool... The score is so far: Bernardo 5 or 6 x 1 Bianca... Last chance friday night! We will miss your ihhhhhhhhhhhhhs

The staff, in particular Diego or Bernardo, were great because I had left my mobile phone in a taxi on the way there, and they were very helpful in assisting in getting it back - helping us make phone calls to locate it, and emailing us a couple of days after we left when the driver dropped it in. Other than that the location is great, but don't expect a luxury double room

the worst hostel i ever knew

Maria, We provided everything to make you feel at home. We gave you the dorm with the balcony, air con earlier, even after you beging for a discount in the 2 caipirinhas i gave you a 3rd one for free! We gave loads of ice to your fernet with cola drinks to your friends... Honestly, you should travel a bit more and find out what's the difference between hostel and hotels. regards

NEVER EVER GO THERE !! disgusting : bathrooms unbelievably dirty, dirty bed sheets, insects in the rooms... The place is VERY small, and the price is so expensive for this lack of basic qualities ! go to botafogo or other places in copacabana, everything will be better than this hotel! THE NICE EMPLOYEES TRYING TO BE HELPFUL WONT SAVE THE HOTEL !

« first « Prev 1 2 3