Best Western Hotel Downtown Vancouver Reviews

718 Drake St, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

The accommodation was good and the reception staff were excellent. The WiFi access was very poor unfortunately. Constantly required re-authentication and would usually not load pages, and was slow. Personally I would choose a new hotel next time for this reason.

• 22nd Oct 2013

When I arrived the staff were extremely unhelpful and rude when I said I was paying by cash not card and insisted I paid them there and then so as my money was in my suit case I had to open my suitcase in the lobby in front of everyone. Then instead of waiting for me to close my suitcase, expected to check me in with all of my washing on show. They answered the phone while I was talking to them, effectively cutting me off mid sentence and didn't make eye contact. The toilet was also blocked.

In my 18days journey to Canada and Alaska I stayed in six different hotels. Best Western was our last hotel before returning home. I rate this hotel rather average than the raved reviews I read about this hotel. After booking and paying deposits, I wrote a couple of emails enquiring a few things for which I never received a reply. On our departure I asked to issue a receipt of our hotel bill as we suppose to pay the rest of our hotel room booking when we leave. I. Told it is not necessary.

• 2nd Jun 2013