Best hostel Old Town Stortorget Reviews

Trangsund 12, Stockholm, Sweden

Great location right in the centre of old town, but of the four showers in the whole building only one was in full working order!

Didn't get the Email with safe code No one answered when we tried to call the staff Reception closed at 17 o'clock

Poor standard bathroom and toilets, kitchen in cellar and smells of stale food. Not staffed at night and not very secure. Inly stayed one night although lication good being right in main square

Perfect place to stay! Into the gamla, the best location, the room was very clean. And you have free pasta and te or coffe if you like!

Great location in the very heart of Stockholm! Big and well equiped kitchen! Soft beds and free linen but they had forgotten to clean under the bed..! :/

-There was supposed to be someone in the reception between 12-17 daily, but they were never there. Just a number you could call, but then we got a busy signal. -Anyone could just walk in at at anytime before 17. -The kitchen was supposed to be fully equipped, but some of it does not work (dishwasher, oven), and it could use a paint job.

I think is a good location with great Staff and facilities... And is very clean .

• 11th Dec 2012

Great place in the very center of Stockholm's Gamla Stan (old town). Nice atmosphere, also kitchen was well equiped. I would book it again!! Single drawback: our room was supersmall!!

I thought the location of the hostel was amazing, right in the heart of Gamla Stan and in the middle of Stockholm. The staff were ok although it could benefit from having longer opening hours at reception. I was extremely happy because I had the 4 bed dorm to myself for 2 nights however I came away from the hostel having been attacked by bed bugs which is really disappointing. Clearly this hostel needs to work on cleanliness!

This hostel was my first hostel I've stayed at. It was a great experience. The staff was great, location was amazing and overall had a lot of fun there. I would definitely stay there again!

• 23rd Aug 2012

The rooms were quite warm, though the beds were very comfy. There were no lockers for storing valuables located in the rooms, and there wasn't any real 'life' to the building. It was a shame because the installation of a bar in the basement would have worked wonders for this. Other than this it was very clean and comfortable, but just a bit dead on life. A 24 hour reception may also be useful.

I enjoyed my stay, but there's definitely room for improvement. Only one toilet and shower per floor is a huge inconvenience. Forget about taking a shower in the morning. Unless you're really pushy or can take a shower in under ten minutes, there's a lot of waiting around and a lot of pressure to be done quickly so that others can take a shower. I took my showers at like 5pm. The rooms also need lockers, for safety reasons, but also because it prevents messiness. Kudos for WiFi in rooms.

Very good location - next to Royal Palace. Free internet. Rooms clean. No lockers in room. Didn't really like the bathrooms.

Be careful if arriving here late in the evening. Their late night-check in system leaves something to be desired. I may have been stranded out in the street if not for running into another guest that was outside for a smoke. The facilities are nice, but there are relatively few travelers staying there, so sometimes you don't meet many people.

Great location & value for money. Very warm though!

• 21st Jul 2012

Very good hostel. In a room of 7, we even had a TV in the room. However, the room faced the square with the Nobel museum and in the proximity there is a church with a clock...we could tell the time the whole night. The kitchen is well equipped, the showers and the rooms are OK. Quiet place and very good location.

Great location, high accessibility to many attractions, and the hostel located in a very beautiful part of Stockholm city centre. Well equipped kitchen provided with free pasta which saved a bit for your budget. Like others said, rooms are small even for 9 person dorm. Also, the wifi connectivity is not quite stable. However they got free PC for use.

Our stay here was probably one of the best while in Europe! The location was amazing, the staff was amazingly helpful, and the rooms were so clean and comfortable. Plus there was a kitchen so we got to cook all our own meals and there was a small grocery store just a couple blocks away. When I go back to Stockholm I will definitely be staying here again!

This hostel is incredible!

Very nice, very good location, close to all main attractions. It was clean and neat. Nothing bad I can remember.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7