Best hostel Old Town Stortorget Reviews

Trangsund 12, Stockholm, Sweden

Really really good position. Next to the main square, opposite the Nobel museum. Stockholm was quite an expensive city which makes the cost even better. The kitchen was a little small but there was communal pasta to use which was fantastic. The wifi was great worked all over and was quite fast. The only major issue was a bell on the island which mark every quarter hour through the night. This made good sleep hard. But the position was so good it could make up for many failings.

This hostel was okay. Pretty good location in Old Town but you quickly realize how little there is to do in such a touristy area. The Gamla Stan metro stop is about a five minute walk. The cleanliness of the bathrooms was absolutely terrible. I won't say it was the worst shower I've ever had because when I was in Ghana once I had to use a bucket and a cup. The shower head was broken and the floor was absolutely disgusting. Other than that it was an okay place. I met some cool people here

If you just wanna sleep, this is a good hostel. But if you are looking for something more than just sleeping (like good atmosphere, activities, spending time in common spaces etc.) then this might not be the best choice there is. The big dorm was okay and my bed was comfortable. Toilets were clean. There was no common room, only very small and a bit messy kitchen.

çok güzel velki şöyle böyle

• 7th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

The floor and the showers were dirty as well as the kitchen. The shower was broken and not water resistent. There was water everywhere. The reception should be open at 9 am but there was still nobody at 9:30.

Amazing location and really nice staff. You can also make things in the kitchen which is good if you want to save money. It would be great if there were lockers in the rooms.

Great location right in the centre of old town, but of the four showers in the whole building only one was in full working order!

Didn't get the Email with safe code No one answered when we tried to call the staff Reception closed at 17 o'clock

Poor standard bathroom and toilets, kitchen in cellar and smells of stale food. Not staffed at night and not very secure. Inly stayed one night although lication good being right in main square

Perfect place to stay! Into the gamla, the best location, the room was very clean. And you have free pasta and te or coffe if you like!

Great location in the very heart of Stockholm! Big and well equiped kitchen! Soft beds and free linen but they had forgotten to clean under the bed..! :/

-There was supposed to be someone in the reception between 12-17 daily, but they were never there. Just a number you could call, but then we got a busy signal. -Anyone could just walk in at at anytime before 17. -The kitchen was supposed to be fully equipped, but some of it does not work (dishwasher, oven), and it could use a paint job.

I think is a good location with great Staff and facilities... And is very clean .

• 11th Dec 2012

Great place in the very center of Stockholm's Gamla Stan (old town). Nice atmosphere, also kitchen was well equiped. I would book it again!! Single drawback: our room was supersmall!!

I thought the location of the hostel was amazing, right in the heart of Gamla Stan and in the middle of Stockholm. The staff were ok although it could benefit from having longer opening hours at reception. I was extremely happy because I had the 4 bed dorm to myself for 2 nights however I came away from the hostel having been attacked by bed bugs which is really disappointing. Clearly this hostel needs to work on cleanliness!

This hostel was my first hostel I've stayed at. It was a great experience. The staff was great, location was amazing and overall had a lot of fun there. I would definitely stay there again!

• 23rd Aug 2012

The rooms were quite warm, though the beds were very comfy. There were no lockers for storing valuables located in the rooms, and there wasn't any real 'life' to the building. It was a shame because the installation of a bar in the basement would have worked wonders for this. Other than this it was very clean and comfortable, but just a bit dead on life. A 24 hour reception may also be useful.

I enjoyed my stay, but there's definitely room for improvement. Only one toilet and shower per floor is a huge inconvenience. Forget about taking a shower in the morning. Unless you're really pushy or can take a shower in under ten minutes, there's a lot of waiting around and a lot of pressure to be done quickly so that others can take a shower. I took my showers at like 5pm. The rooms also need lockers, for safety reasons, but also because it prevents messiness. Kudos for WiFi in rooms.

Very good location - next to Royal Palace. Free internet. Rooms clean. No lockers in room. Didn't really like the bathrooms.

Be careful if arriving here late in the evening. Their late night-check in system leaves something to be desired. I may have been stranded out in the street if not for running into another guest that was outside for a smoke. The facilities are nice, but there are relatively few travelers staying there, so sometimes you don't meet many people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7