Bethel Court Guesthouse Reviews

25 Bethel Court Mount Salem, Montego Bay, Montego Bay, Jamaica

Bethel Court is a wonderful place to stay at. I enjoy spending my last few days in the country there. The area is perfect and the staff is very friendly.

• 9th Jan 2015

Add kitchen stuff (knives, fork, pots and pans) Improve bed assignation

Unfortunately this hostel is very dirty. The owners didn't welcome us in any way on arrival and didn't show us around or explained anything about the facilities. The hostel is located far from town and beach. The map on the website is not correct which gave us some problems finding the place. I've stayed in many hostels and this was one of the worst, luckily guests there were very nice which made the experience better!

The hostel was overall really okay, you live in an interesting neighboorhood in Jamaica, maybe not the best area but you definitly get to see the real Jamaican life not the tourist version you get in the luxury resorts. There were some nice people staying there as well so it was a cool athmosphere in the hostel and always someone to hang out with in the evening and relax. McKenzie organized good tours and is a really cool guy, he's really helpful.

I was a little frustrated that I didn't have a lock on my locker for the 3 nights I was there. They said they would have new ones the first day I was there. But the place feels very safe with all the locks so I felt ok without one. Still would have been nice.

While finding the hostel is a little complicated the location is nice, the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. I will be sure to come back the next time I visit Jamaica.

Steve was very attentive, the driver McKenzie was friendly and informative. It was good to see the natives living life the way they do. It was a wonderful experience

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Jamaica

This place is great! The owner is great! Richard (a very helpful employee) is great. The only thing i advise is to stay away from mckenzie and his BS tour (no matter the deal he offers). Took a tour to the beach in negril, and to Rickys cafe which is famous because it has a cliff to jump off of into the water but it was pointless because we wernt allowed to get wet!!! So whats the point? Seriously, take the route taxi (1$) to the bus station, and bus to Negril for (2$) or tour with someone else!

Richard and his friends congregated in the veranda, played loud music from the computer and monopolized the communal area. The bathroom wasn't leaned daily. A lock should be on the womans bathroom and a seperate key provided to prevent men from using it and leaving dirty. Will stay again because of convenient location and price but dissatisfied that after complaining to steve nothing changed & the locals were again in the hostel.

This place is fantastic!! Admittedly I haven't done a whole lot of hosteling in my day, but the Bethel Court dorms were set up just perfect in my opinion. Given the right people staying there you are going to have a blast and really get a taste of Montego Bay beyond the hip strip.

• 21st Aug 2014

Decent hostel in Mount Salem MO BAY JA. However it is very far from Downtown MoBay and the Beach. All the basics are available with good WiFi and a small kitchen. Walking distance to a market store and Wagon Wheel Restaurant with good food. Unfortunately you get what you pay for and Jamaica is an overrated tourist destination.

I made my reservations 2 months prior to my stay in the apartment we where e mailing back and forth in that time and the night of stay. When I arrived in Jamaica I called for my driver to come and the manager told me then that they over booked and I have to stay at a hotel.. Didn't have the best experience.. But they did pay the extra fee for the hotel.

• 6th Aug 2014