Bethel Court Guesthouse Reviews

25 Bethel Court Mount Salem, Montego Bay, Montego Bay, Jamaica

This place is great! The owner is great! Richard (a very helpful employee) is great. The only thing i advise is to stay away from mckenzie and his BS tour (no matter the deal he offers). Took a tour to the beach in negril, and to Rickys cafe which is famous because it has a cliff to jump off of into the water but it was pointless because we wernt allowed to get wet!!! So whats the point? Seriously, take the route taxi (1$) to the bus station, and bus to Negril for (2$) or tour with someone else!

Richard and his friends congregated in the veranda, played loud music from the computer and monopolized the communal area. The bathroom wasn't leaned daily. A lock should be on the womans bathroom and a seperate key provided to prevent men from using it and leaving dirty. Will stay again because of convenient location and price but dissatisfied that after complaining to steve nothing changed & the locals were again in the hostel.

This place is fantastic!! Admittedly I haven't done a whole lot of hosteling in my day, but the Bethel Court dorms were set up just perfect in my opinion. Given the right people staying there you are going to have a blast and really get a taste of Montego Bay beyond the hip strip.

• 21st Aug 2014

Decent hostel in Mount Salem MO BAY JA. However it is very far from Downtown MoBay and the Beach. All the basics are available with good WiFi and a small kitchen. Walking distance to a market store and Wagon Wheel Restaurant with good food. Unfortunately you get what you pay for and Jamaica is an overrated tourist destination.

I made my reservations 2 months prior to my stay in the apartment we where e mailing back and forth in that time and the night of stay. When I arrived in Jamaica I called for my driver to come and the manager told me then that they over booked and I have to stay at a hotel.. Didn't have the best experience.. But they did pay the extra fee for the hotel.

• 6th Aug 2014

Richard and Kaydian were so helpful and friendly! The driver McKenzi made all of us feel safe and taken care of. I had such a wonderful time and would highly recommend this to anyone that wants to experience what Jamaica is really like. If you're expecting room service and a resort this is not the place for you. If you want to be around good friendly people in a safe place stay here!!

• 5th Jul 2014

Location is close to the supermarkets but not close to the central part of Montego Bay, the area seemed safe in the day, but I wouldn't walk there alone at night. The kitchen facilities were very basic, there was only one knife for the entire hostel which made it difficult to cook. Mackenzie the driver is extremely helpful and friendly and willing to help with any information. I only met the owner Steve once and he just demanded money from me as soon as he met me. Overall a good experience.

Very nice place to stay, clean and safe, and ok, it's not in town, but for sure, it's not an advantage to stay downtown MoBay, because it's an uggly noisy badsmelling citycentre. I 'd definitly go back to this hostel next time when I arrive in Mobay, I think i't's better than any other hotel downtown for the money you have to pay there.

The bathroom in the dorm room was filthy. One of the few occasions I've felt the need to shower in my footwear.

Great drivers and nice staff. Great price compared to the quality of the room (we had a private room with a private bathroom).

• 13th May 2014

Great place to stay. Sumerged into the city of Montego Bay, you would experience how locals live. Full of young people interested in sharing stories and future tours with you. Staff is very friendly and Mackenzie will take you everywhere you need to go.

Pretty decent as far as hostels go- . The dorm room is well set up. There are big locker spaces for your bags & is even divided between girls & boys. Bit out of town but is easily solved with a cheap cheap 5/10 minute taxi ride & not sure if you would want to really stay in town anyways. Basic kitchen area & good supermarket near by. If you are staying in Mobay for a few days this is an easy way of doing it. Its very safe- everything is locked up & owners very relaxed. Have cash to pay tho.

Very good value for your money. We used Jerry as our taxi driver throughout the entire trip. He was always on time and offered us specialized day trips for Negril and Ocho Rios. It is a very cheap ride to the beach/hip strip and it is great that you can use the shared kitchen to prepare your meals. We stayed in a shared apartment across the street from the main office. There were two other bedrooms, three in total. and each had their own separate lock and key. We felt very safe.

Thank you! I really enjoyed my stay at Bethel Court.

• 7th Apr 2014

I enjoy my stay at bethel. My boyfriend and I had I great time we will be surely stay their again.

• 1st Apr 2014