Bethel Court Guesthouse Reviews

25 Bethel Court Mount Salem, Montego Bay, Montego Bay, Jamaica

Overall a good experience..will visit again & recommend it to my friends.

Stevie is an excellent host. McKenzie is one of the tour guides of Bethel court. He showed us around

This place was great, in a real local neighborhood on Mt. Salem. There weren't many people there, so its pretty quite. Its got everything you need from a hostel. Route taxis into town are only 100 JA$ each way. But you can get what ever you need right there on the hill without going into town. Well maybe not an ATM. I loved the neighborhood and the locals. Ill be back!

Staff were friendly and the place was kept clean. We stayed in a private room. The location wasn't the best because it was up on a hill in a residential area, far from the beaches, although itt was nice to have a friendly and knowledgeable driver set up for us. Only thing was we couldn't go on many tours due to low census in the hostel.

• 19th Feb 2015

The hostel itself was alsright, but the check-in was horrible. The girl just took my money and left without information, sheets, towel, pillow or change. The owner is nice. The wifi worked superfast and the roomas are clean, but the pillow was unbelievable dirty. The dorms are too small for 6 beds, narrow and smelly. There are 2 supermarkets and food stalls around the hostel. To get into town its 100 Jamaican Dollars by route taxi (every few minutes).

Bethel Court is a wonderful place to stay at. I enjoy spending my last few days in the country there. The area is perfect and the staff is very friendly.

• 9th Jan 2015

Add kitchen stuff (knives, fork, pots and pans) Improve bed assignation

Unfortunately this hostel is very dirty. The owners didn't welcome us in any way on arrival and didn't show us around or explained anything about the facilities. The hostel is located far from town and beach. The map on the website is not correct which gave us some problems finding the place. I've stayed in many hostels and this was one of the worst, luckily guests there were very nice which made the experience better!

The hostel was overall really okay, you live in an interesting neighboorhood in Jamaica, maybe not the best area but you definitly get to see the real Jamaican life not the tourist version you get in the luxury resorts. There were some nice people staying there as well so it was a cool athmosphere in the hostel and always someone to hang out with in the evening and relax. McKenzie organized good tours and is a really cool guy, he's really helpful.

I was a little frustrated that I didn't have a lock on my locker for the 3 nights I was there. They said they would have new ones the first day I was there. But the place feels very safe with all the locks so I felt ok without one. Still would have been nice.

While finding the hostel is a little complicated the location is nice, the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. I will be sure to come back the next time I visit Jamaica.

View all Montego Bay Bed and Breakfasts