Bethlehem Youth Hostel Reviews

66, Anatreh Street, Bethlehem, Bethlehem, Israel

I booked a bed, but when i arrived i was told i've booked a mattress on the floor. It wasn't really clean, i had 2 bites in the morning - i guess from bedbugs. The toilets and bathrooms weren't really clean…i found it really disgusting. But the people i've met there were really cool.

• 24th Dec 2014

Overall, my experience here was a good one. There was hot water for the showers, the WiFi was strong, and the other guests were great. However, when I booked, I resevered three beds in the dorms but when my group showed up, all they had for us were mattresses on the ground in the elementary school next door. It was fine, but they still charged us the dorm price. Their entire check-in system was off, so just be careful when arriving that you get what you are paying for.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect. There was a bit of a confusion about the bedding situation but that was because of a miscommunication between the Hostel and Hostelworld. But overall, the stay at the Hostel was very enjoyable. I had to make some last minute changes to my booking and they were very flexible so really happy with the service.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

I would have enjoyed my stay here much more if it had not been for a single staff member that was very unfriendly and unprofessional. The hostel itself was not uncomfortable at all. It had a very large dorm room with enough space to probably fit two or three times more beds than they try to, the bedframes feel rock-solid and the mattresses are comfortable. I don't feel like the price is spectacular for Palestine, but with tourism so bad I can't blame anyone for it.