Bich Duyen Hotel Reviews

283/4 Pham Ngu Lao Street, 1st District, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We had a great time staying at Bich Duyen. Hue was so accomodating and kind and Chanh also who patiently responds to all my emails inquiry. The room was great and very clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hostel to everyone who are planning to visit Saigon. Affordable, safe, great staff, clean and comfortable.

The bed in the double room was pretty small. The room was ok. The bathroom smelled like mold (but most bathrooms in vietnam do). There are hotels in the neighbourhood with better value for money. We stayed at Long Hostel before, and for slightly less we actually got a bigger bed and a bigger room.

Great place to stay in the heart of backpacking area. Staff are very friendly and happy to help book any day trips at short notice. Amazing breakfast and clean rooms. We had a room overlooking the lane way and it was suprisingly really quiet. Would recommend this place to anyone and would stay here again.

Had a great stay, good bathroom, good staff. Only problem was wifi Dident work so good for me, and I lived on the 5th floor with no elevator!

We found that the location was perfect for seeing the city, as almost everything is within walking distance. Our room was small, but very clean and very nice. I'd stay here again.

Very friendly staff, Great location, good breakfast considered its free. Lovely clean room, hot shower, fridge tv. Very Good value for private room. Only thing is they could do with a lift, as taking backpacks up to 5th floor wasn't fun!

We felt on the day of checking out that the staff member couldn't get rid of us quick enough. Also, I paid the deposit by Visa but they don't take Visa at the hotel. Perhaps that could be mentioned.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Good stay, and accommodating staff.

• 20th Jan 2014

no comment: I'm a satisfied customer!

• 18th Jan 2014

We spent 7 nights here starting Jan 11, 2014. We are three people in our sixties. The hotel was perfect for our needs and comforts and was right in the backpacker area in District 1. The staff at the hotel, Chanh and Hue are fantastic and will help you with all sorts of things. The breakfast is great and the gals in the kitchen are great. Highly recommended. Mike, Jackie and Grandfather

This was a lovely little hotel with very friendly & helpful staff. The simple breakfast choices were good. The hotel was in an excellent location with excellent local food available & mini supermarkets all close by for you to buy other essentials.

• 30th Dec 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and were pleased with the friendly staff, the good breakfast and the great location. Of course it's noisy but you are in Ho Chi Minh City and in the backpacker area so don't be bothered about it.

I had a good stay in the hotel....good customer service and location.

Recommended by Lonely Planet, good value for the money. Good size room, clean bathroom, nice shower, but no shampoo (?), quiet air conditioner. Efficient staff, breakfast was fine, but in Vietnam you kind of come to expect a variety of fruit, and they only had bananas, while other places had at least 3 kinds of fruit for breakfast. Don’t do a good job explaining options for the tours they want to sell. Fine place to stay though.

I stayed at Bich Duyen two nights while travelling solo, and I can only spend positive words about this hotel. Location is great, just one minute from Pham Ngu Lao but tucked away in a quiet side street. Staff are very friendly and helpful, always ready to assist and advise. Rooms are clean and well equipped. If you are looking for a great budget hotel in the centre of Ho Chi Minh City, Bich Duyen is definitely the way to go!

Because our arrival was early in the morning, the receptionist (who I forgot the name) was still a bit cranky when we arrived, and so we did not feel at home. However, the next day, she apologized for it.=) Overall, we can say our stay was great. It was our first time in Viet Nam (and no basis of comparison yet) but we can say we experienced good service Also, given the amount we paid, we did not expect to get the kind of room. So nice. Will go back if we have the chance.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

Wonderful, helpful staff. They were so kind and accommodating, especially considering my late arrival and early departure times. I couldn't have been more pleased with the whole experience. My room was immaculate and comfortable, the location was convenient but quiet. I'll definitely be staying at the Bich Dyuen next time I'm in HCMC. And this time I'll stay longer!

• 19th Nov 2013

We stayed for only one night due to arriving a day late because of day weather. The hotel is fine somewhere between a hostel and a hotel. The rooms are large and clean, we were on a high floor and there are alot of stairs but it wasnt a problem for us. If you have an issue with stairs you might want to ask for a lower floor. Breakfast was included but wasnt great in comparision to other similar priced hotels in vietnam. Location is good just round from backpackers district.

Thank you for your great service . I will stay again with you xx

• 29th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

Can't recommend this place enough! Great room, great locale and wonderfully friendly staff. Upon arrival I was greeted by Hue's beaming smile and professional service! A real credit to the hotel. Made my stay. Will be back in a few weeks!