Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

The staff were really helpful and the hostel was kept immaculately clean. Great breakfast included in the price.

Very clean and nice hostel!

Very good hostel, clean, good security, staff very welcoming and helpfull!

• 30th Jun 2015

Really enjoyed the hostel, the Owner is very friendly and the staff are very sweet including the bar man. At the moment there is a bit of construction work going on, so the restaurant is closed. But the kitchen and communal areas are nice and easy way to meet people, plus the hot showers are awesome, especially in this cooler weather at the moment!! A slightly bigger kitchen might be handy in the future as a lot of us liked to cook and it was a bit crowded. But all in all, would highly reccomend

Nice hostel. Good location, helpful staff, good wifi. Beds weren't super comfortable (i hate top bunks with no rail) but okay. I would happily stay here again :-)

Great friendly hostel with a good bar and nicest bar tender you will meet! Great for meeting other people, and good wifi but only in the bar area. Good breakfast and good advice on how to see the island.

A nice hostel with good kitchen facilities. The rooms are quite comfortable, but no locks on dorm doors, good wifi, very clean. Try the restaurant just over the bridge opposite the pancake place, good cheap food. A good place to stay whilst in Ihla Grande.

Brilliant hostel! Perfect location, staff friendly and clean hostel. Stay here!

After been traveling for 2 months within Central America, I decided to go to Ilha Grande, where I've gone several times, and I'm glad I stayed at Biergarten. It's the best hostel I've stayed so far. Very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable rooms, two well equipped kitchens and an welcoming atmosphere. I'm surely going back there soon!

The location is great - not right on the beach but set a block back on a fairly busy road so you're never walking back in the dark/alone. The manager, Paula, was wonderful but when I checked in, as well as when I checked out, only the cleaning staff were available and they don't speak any English at all to answer any questions. My room didn't have a lock on it but there were large lockers inside for my stuff. The showers were HOT :) and the bar is a nice place to hang out in the evenings.

• 31st May 2015

Really nice place, clean, the staff is very welcoming and approachable.

Really good hostel, clean, had wifi and a laptop, breakfast was great too.

Very Good

• 26th May 2015

excellent hostel in beautiful location! Could not dispute ththis hostehostel at all! Only suggestion is hot showers although although when it is a hot day a hot shower isn't needed! Best hostehostel I've stayed in world wide!

The hostel is in a very good place, the staff is nice,I didn't like the toilets,and the hostel is in a very good place.Too less toilets for too many people and the condition of them it's not do good.

Lovely and friendly place to stay. I hope to come back soon!

• 24th May 2015

The owners are great, spend time telling you whats good etc. very sociable hostel though the island itself is not a place for nightlife.

Really nice hostel with a chilled atmosphere. The manager was really nice and helpful and had lots of great advice. The cleaner even made our beds for us!! I would definitely stay here again.

This hostel has a fun atmosphere, a great layout and nice facilities. The breakfast was plentiful and nice quality. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. My only issue was that the beds had a plastic mattress cover that was very loud when you moved around in bed. This was somewhat annoying when trying to sleep in a dorm room at night.

We originally booked che lagarto for four nights. After one night we left because there was mold everywhere, it was disgusting. Biergarten was extremely clean and had very good sized lockers. It was two large communal areas and two kitchens. However, you cannot bring alcohol into the hostel and the hostel bar is extremely expensive. Furthermore, it only opens after 6pm I think. I would suggest that the decrease prices slightly or give discounts to people staying at the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4