Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Nice hostel and only 5 Minutes away from Port. Friendly and polite staff. Nice location with clean rooms. Would come back again.

I chose this hostel because of the great reviews but I would never recommend it to anyone! My room had a rancid stench of urine the entire stay and the staff were unwilling to offer me a new room, a discount or even any air freshener. There was a hole in the ceiling to the men's bathroom above and suspicious yellow stains running down the wall.... It was disgusting. There were also big holes in the wall that meant I got eaten alive by mosquitoes every night. Way overpriced considering.

Great Hostel ! Very Clean Hostel

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Excellent all round. Welcoming staff. Breakfast was very good, great selection and nice food to fill you up for the day. Beds were comfy and rooms spacious and big lockers available for safety of stuff whilst out. Brilliant hostel

A clean hostel with beds made everyday. Make sure to close your door unless you want the cat to be on your bed when you get back. Wifi is slow in the morning but good otherwise. Bring small denominations as reception has limited change.

It is a nice hostel very close to the beach and the hike tracks. I really enjoyed my stay there. The crew was very friendly and made you feel at home.

The hostel has a Bar in the first floor and most of the rooms are upstaris, hwever, we were in a room in the 1st floor so it was very noisy both on the night and the morning. the attention is good, but for the same money you can do better.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Chile

Amazing hostel- great breakfast, location & the owners/managers are really friendly and helpful! Also has a pretty decent pay by weight restaurant. They have a bar but you're also allowed to drink your own drinks which is really good! Thanks for my stay :)

The hostel is new-ish, clean and has great common areas and two kitchens. Loved our stay!

The hostel is really nice! Rooms and toilets are clean, there is no noise after 22h in such a way that I had good nights of sleeping. Another great point is that the staff (special attention give to a French guy called Jean Louis) and the proprietary Ane are very kind and always ready to give us tips about the Island and the surroundings.

Really nice hostel, great breakfast, good showers. Really cute cat, really friendly and helpful staff.

Great place and a great owner! Victor was so very helpfully to not just me but all of the guests staying. He answered questions about everything we wanted to know and always did so with a smile on his face - he lived up to the billing from previous reviews! The place itself is well located, always very clean as the cleaning staff are very efficient, and has a great selection of beers!!

Big fan of this hostel. Staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. They gave us suggestions on things to do and places to eat (the buffet at the hostel is actually quite delicious as well).

Very clean and friendly. Very helpful staff. Nice outdoor kitchen. Bathrooms are outside of rooms. Staff accommodated late check out nicely by storing my bags and allowing me to use showers late in day.

Good location with good facilities and very clean. Very friendly and helpful staff. Didn't seem to have an overly friendly vibe between guests but that is probably as didn't spend much time there as had friends in another hostel which wasn't as comfortable to stay in. A very nice hostel though

Wifi wasn't great at peak times but this place was great! Had the friendliest, most helpful French staff member (sorry can't remember his name). Breakfast was one of the best we've had in rio and surrounds, rooms were very clean and secure.

Very helpful staff. Great food

Good location

This place is really nice, 5 mins from the centre of the town. It's brand new and very clean. The restaurant has a pay-by-weight buffet system, and the food was pretty good. The only real security is the presence of lockers in the room (nice big ones). Our dorm door and window did not lock and there was no real way to stop people walking from the street straight into our room. There was apparently a guard at night, but I never saw them. Maybe they were ninjas. Overall, very nice place.

I am very grateful to Viktor for his advice and kindness (and perfect English). The hostel was very clean and a very good place to chill out (other hostels on the island seem to be a bit more party-party - it depends what you are looking for). It also felt secure with good lockers (not big enough for large backpacks though). Towels were included which was great. If all hostels are like this during my stay in south America, I will be very happy. I would happily go back to Biergarten

• 29th Jun 2014