Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

great location, really helpful staff, nice and clean. If we stayed at Ilha Grande again, we´d stay here. You can fill up your water bottles for the day and it has 2 kitchens so never feels too busy or cramped. Nice, relaxed atmosphere. Clean showers and bathrooms. Most importantly... excellent AC!! We loved it!

The experience was excelent. The owner Victor, was very kind to us, helped us with doubts and was really helpfull. As it is a new hostel, all facilities are in excelent conditions, its is very complete, has everything you need, all details have been take care and it shows.

Great place. Very cool staff: Cristina and Vitor were lovely and helpful. Nice atmosphere, it helps a lot that you can hang out in the backyard and get to know other travelers. Nice wide rooms. The bathrooms could be a little more comfy. The breakfast was amazing. They have two kitchens. The place is really clean.

Awesome hostel. Everything is new and really clean. Air conditioning is definately a plus and the restaurant out the front is really nice.

We really loved this hostel. It's clean and quiet, there's a nice breakfast and the staff were lovely and had lots of good suggestions about what to see and do. The building is also really atmospheric and there are some nice common spaces. The doors of the rooms don't lock, but there are lockers in the rooms and is a staff member on hand to check people coming into the hostel.

The owner Victor, is very helpful and always happy to answer questions and give tips on what to do or where to go on the island. Great location. Had a private twin with private bathroom which was a bit expensive but perhaps the dorms are better value for money. Clean and comfortable with a decent locker for storing valuables.

Exceptionally clean and well organized. Spacious dorm for 4 people with new beds. Very helpful staff, friendly and lots of new friends each breakfast. I definitely want to return there!

Cleanest hostel on our south American trip so far! Very friendly and welcoming staff! Thank you for having us!

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. They cleaned the rooms everyday, made our beds and changed our towels. The food was also great and the staff very nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend to stay here

• 18th Jan 2014

Liked the cleanliness and the attached. Internet was a bit lame and not available everywhere...

Very good! Great staff.

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Norway

PROS: Great location, in the main town and not far to walk from pier. Good food served at restaurant. Staff speak good English and are very helpful. Wifi!! CONS: Can get a little noisy if your room is based at the front near the bar. However the hostel does close the bar at 11pm to minimise noise levels

This is the best hostel that i have ever stayed at. The cleanliness is better than excellent and the staff fold you bed linens daily. It is more like a hotel than a hostel. The staff was very polite and ready to help with anything. Really made my stay in Ilha Grande pleasant.

During our time on Ilha Grande we stayed in 3 different hostels, Biergarten Hostel was the best one. They offer very good value for money. It's very clean, new facilities, nice owner and good buffet restaurant next door. Only 1 remark; there is not enough space in the lower bunk bed, you cannot sit up straight without bumping your head.

One of the best hostels I've stayed so far. Why? Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, good vibe, silent AC in the bedrooms, clean sheets and towels, very good for lonely travelers like me to make new friends - although is not a party hostel (what is not a problem at all!). The owners were always around and that makes the difference. I will be back soon, definitely!

Absolutely great hostel: great location, totally clean, great owne and staff and totally comfortable beds. One of the best hostels I have stayed in so far :-)

Biergarten Hostel is really a very nice place to stay because the owner is really friendly and helpful. The hostel is really very clean and the breakfast is also very good. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. It is for sure one of the best hostels I stayed so far in Brazil and I can highly recommended to other travellers as well. If I return to Ilha Grande I definately stay at the Biergarten Hostel again because I really had a good time over there!

We stayed there 4 Nights in 2 different private rooms. The first room was cozy and really nice. The second one did not have any windows, just wooden shutters. Because of that, we had a lot of trouble with mosquitos at night. Recommendation: glass windows in all the rooms! Beside of that a very nice hostel!

The owner is great but the hostel lacks atmosphere.

The Hostel is quite new and the rooms and the facilities are very clean, nice atmosphere. We really enjoyed our stay. I highly recommend Biergarten Hostel.