Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Great location in the heart of the tiny village of Vila do Abraão, good facilities, best WIFI connection in the area. Also restaurant and bar. Everything went great and I would highly recommend Biergarten Hostel.

We had a really good stay at the hostel. Thanks for making it a comfortable and pleasant one.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • India

We had a fantastic time at Biergarten, it was extremely clean, safe, fun, perfect location and brilliant staff. We stayed for 10 nights and didn't want to leave! Thanks heaps Viktor and all your crew!

They have a confusing billing system of billing which caused some unnecessary drama but otherwise it was a nice stay

Lovely hostel. Friendly staff. Nice clean open air kitchen to cook in. So clean, communal bathrooms were always always clean. The clean towel was appreciated, although I think the clean sheets everyday was a bit unnecessary. Really liked the small touches like the full length mirror and hairdryer.It's not on the beach, but its only 2 mins away and its nicer than those hostels that are. Would 100% recommend

Really nice hostel and a genuinely great guy running it. Gave my World Cup holiday a relaxing 4 day break between England games.

Great location right beside the beach. Staff were helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was really nice with lots of choice. Rooms were really clean and modern - would really recommend this hostel.

Great hostel, good location, very clean, nice staff, so good!

Stayed three nights last June with a few friends. Very clean and great facilities. Staff however a bit cold.

Amazing hostel, Really good location and staff are very helpful and friendly. 100% for cleanliness, Dorms get cleaned daily and the cleaners are constantly tidying the hostel. Would definitely reccomend!

Really good hostel, plenty of room in the dorm, each bed has it's own locker, plug and lamp. The staff are very friendly and offered lots of ideas on what to do. There is a bar and restaurant attached but you don't get the noise and lack of sleep as they are seperate. All in all a fantastic hostel!

This hostel simply rocks. They understand the needs of a backpacker and cater to them perfectly. The place is central, the food in their restaurant is delicious, the staff is wonderful and talkative. Monkeys scale the trees, and they clean the dorms daily and make your bed! That's a new one for me. If you want to stay closer to the jungle, go to Holandes, but Biergarten is social and one of the best kept hostels I have ever experienced.

Good location, really nice English speaking staff and a really nice kitchen. The atmosphere is really nice, there are common areas to share time. I can definitely recommend this hostel - only thing: they recommended me a tour with "Jeronimo" and on the day of the tour instead of picking us up "Jeronimo" canceled it - so better don´t book a tour with this company.

We had a great time! It was very well kept, and the owner and staff were very friendly. There were great social spaces where we met other travelers, including the back courtyard. If I had to critique anything: (1) would be great if smoking wasn't permitted in the back courtyard since it is so close to so many rooms; and (2) the owner of the restaurant (stepfather of the owner of the hostel) isn't the friendliest guy. But we had a great experience there, and I would highly recommend it!

Nice and clean hostel. Restaurant is the only one on the island where I had the opportunity to taste fresh food. A bit noisy dough, not the perfrct place if you are an early sleeper and the place is loaded with English tourists...

great hostel, clean, modern and friendly staff. fantastic island in general. Biergarten was definitely one of the nicest, cleanliest and most modern hostels I stayed in on my trip and the first hostel where I got to have a hot shower in a while. wish I could have stayed longer

Pros: Clean, awesome breakfast, great wifi, well thought-out layout including spacious dorms, individual lights for beds, lockers, guest towels, guest computer, onsite Restaurant & Bar (pricey though). Cons: Staff (Christina) at 8pm blaring Rhianna that it could be heard through-out our dorm room, extremely basically stocked and small kitchen, upstairs toilet regularly blocked/filthy not cleaned enough - put up a sign in English so people know to NOT to put paper in it. Would still stay again.

We actually didn't stay there because when we arrived the hostel was temporarily closed, but the staff were great and put us up in a nearby B&B which was fab. Buffet at the Biergarten is great...some of the best value food I've had in Brazil.

Not a special place.

Overrated. While its a nice and clean hostel, it lacks atmosphere - especially considering that there are beach hostels available on this island.