Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

great hostel. highly recommended to have fun, meet new people and enjoy ilha grande!

One of the nicest hostels I've been to! Fresh towels everyday, very clean, great facilities! The owner Jean is a gem, made us feel at home straight away and was happy to help with all queries! Breakfast was also fantastic!

A big thank you for Jon

I stayed here 5 nights and even though 3 of them we didn't have WiFi i must give this hostel a 100%. Yes this hostel is amazing. It is so clean, it is in a great location, the breakfast is great and the staff is amazing. I did think the per Kilo restaurant that is part of the establishment is a bit expensive, but it's good too. If you can book here do it. I stayed in the 8 bed dorm and it was just fine. You are out all day hiking and at the beach anyway!

Staff was very friendly and helpful especially Jean. He recommended us the best beaches and restaurants to visit, very friendly. The location is centered in this small town and the rooms were clean. We had a power cut during our stay due to rain but the services continued to work. Recommended

Great place and great people!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

A good hostel to base yourself on the Island. Dorms are spacious, clean and have A/C. No wifi in certain areas but fine in the communal areas. Adjacent buffet restaurant is excellent and good value ( for Ilha grande prices ) best of all is the Parisian/Brazilian host John. Really friendly, welcoming guy who has all the info you need to make the most of your time on the Island. Recommend staying here.

Excellent place, bar and restaurant open everyday ultil 10 pm, (closed on monday), after that, you can sleep without noise. The best caipirinha in Brazil. 2 kitchens, excellent wifi. It's not on the main street (beach) but is really close. I really enjoyed this place!

Very Clean hostel, very friendly welcoming staff... Very good breakfast, and a reasonably priced pay-by-weight restaurant in the evening which was really good quality.

The best hostel to stay in Ilha Grande. Victor and John were super helpful and really approachable. They made our experience what it was. The cleanest hostel we have stayed in so far. The dorm rooms were spacious and had big lockers for our bags. Breakfast set us up for the day- ham, cheese, eggs, fruit and of course cake. Highly recommend.

Nice hostel and a good choice on ilha grande. Overall was good- decent breakfast, kitchen facilities, common areas, clean rooms. The only negative is there could be more showers as there can be a queue in peak hour. The best thing about this place is jean, the French guy who works there. He is excellent and every hostel should have one! He provides information on anything you need. I would recommend this hostel and would stay again.

Great hostel with a lovely courtyard serving as communal area and kitchen. Staff were excellent and v friendly - couldn't have been more helpful with recommendations and planning onward travel. Bathrooms kept fairly clean. Beds were made every day and a towel was provided. Breakfast good, bread, eggs, ham and sometimes fresh juice. Overall excellent atmosphere and great place to stay for a few nights.

Nice cozy and affordable hostel in Abraao, 5 minute walk from the port and the main strip. Rooms are clean, sheets already done for you and towels are provided. Extremely friendly staff. Bunk beds are a little squeaky and feels unstable at times when going to the top bunk. Suggestions - Please have a kitchen knife available and more frequent bathroon maintenance - always out of hand soap and toilet paper. Otherwise, I had a great experience and would recommend.

The french/brazilian guy that works here - Jean - is a top guy. Really helpful and pretty funny. Great location one block away from the main town beach and port. The internent was fast but the owner hadn´t paid his bill so it was cut off during our stay and hadn´t come back on. The breakfast was good. It had a good atmosphere too. I´d recommend this and stay here again

I definitely recommend Biergarten in Ilha Grande, the atmosphere is excellent, really nice staff, Jean is the best and all of his recommendations for boat rides, beaches and restaurants were simply perfect. We had a few problems with internet , but I believe this is a general problem in the Island. Rooms were clean, big and comfortable; the backyard is very spacious and well taken care of. There’s a nice bar in the front. I would suggest they put some snacks in the menu to have it with a beer.

• 7th Feb 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in life. Everything was awesome, specially the restaurant,breakfast, beds. They don't charge for locker keys, and Jean treats the hostel guests really well. Highly recommend it.

very nice and helpful Manager & staff! big and comfortable rooms

This is a great place to stay in Ilha Grande. This staff is great, specially Jean-Louis, he is always willing to help and with a big smile

An excellent experience! The hostel is new, the accommodation is perfect. Always clean and safe. Annie, the person how received us, is incredibly kind and knows a lot about the place, she's amazing. I strongly recommend the hostel! :)

Really nice hostel with a great atmosphere. Definetly recommended!