Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Good location, really nice English speaking staff and a really nice kitchen. The atmosphere is really nice, there are common areas to share time. I can definitely recommend this hostel - only thing: they recommended me a tour with "Jeronimo" and on the day of the tour instead of picking us up "Jeronimo" canceled it - so better don´t book a tour with this company.

We had a great time! It was very well kept, and the owner and staff were very friendly. There were great social spaces where we met other travelers, including the back courtyard. If I had to critique anything: (1) would be great if smoking wasn't permitted in the back courtyard since it is so close to so many rooms; and (2) the owner of the restaurant (stepfather of the owner of the hostel) isn't the friendliest guy. But we had a great experience there, and I would highly recommend it!

Nice and clean hostel. Restaurant is the only one on the island where I had the opportunity to taste fresh food. A bit noisy dough, not the perfrct place if you are an early sleeper and the place is loaded with English tourists...

great hostel, clean, modern and friendly staff. fantastic island in general. Biergarten was definitely one of the nicest, cleanliest and most modern hostels I stayed in on my trip and the first hostel where I got to have a hot shower in a while. wish I could have stayed longer

Pros: Clean, awesome breakfast, great wifi, well thought-out layout including spacious dorms, individual lights for beds, lockers, guest towels, guest computer, onsite Restaurant & Bar (pricey though). Cons: Staff (Christina) at 8pm blaring Rhianna that it could be heard through-out our dorm room, extremely basically stocked and small kitchen, upstairs toilet regularly blocked/filthy not cleaned enough - put up a sign in English so people know to NOT to put paper in it. Would still stay again.

We actually didn't stay there because when we arrived the hostel was temporarily closed, but the staff were great and put us up in a nearby B&B which was fab. Buffet at the Biergarten is great...some of the best value food I've had in Brazil.

Not a special place.

Overrated. While its a nice and clean hostel, it lacks atmosphere - especially considering that there are beach hostels available on this island.

Great hostel! I particularly appreciated the cleaness of premises and kindness of the staff-they have been very helpful! I highly recommend!!

Good hostel, good facilities, good vibe. but bit overpriced! I liked my stay there.

• 5th May 2014

Amazing hostel really recommended! Chilled, comfortable, really clean and extremely friendly and helpful staff! I chose this hostel after reading other good reviews and wasn't disappointed! Would definitely recommended staying here!

• 3rd May 2014

Great Hostel, Would recommend to all travelers going to Ilha Grande

Very good hostel, the owner and staff were very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable.

Bad experience regarding the hostel manager and owner. They said you get a 10% when buying at the hostel food or drinks. As they did not see my bracelet they did not give it to me. Actually, of course, I was told I had a discount after my first day. Besides, they have a cat, which they do not announce and it goes into people rooms, sit on beds. Generally ok, not the best on ilha grande.

This is definitely the best hostel I've stayed at in Brazil. Spacious, clean rooms with big lockers, and I was in the 4 bed dorm which had a big en suite bathroom. There are good common areas with kitchen etc. and there is an excellent por quilo buffet in the bar area. Victor and the other staff are friendly and helpful with information about places to go on Ilha Grande. This is the second time I've stayed at this hostel and I hope to come back again.

This is a Great Hostel! Very clean and tidy. Rooms are cleaned every day! There are big lockers in the rooms. Breakfast is very good as well (even with cake and fruits). Good location to the pier. And you get 10% off at the Biergarten Restaurant (recommended!) The only negative thing is that the wifi doesn't work properly, especially in the late afternoon / evening. I would stay there again! :)

Very friendly staff!! Amazing location!

Great facilities, very clean and helpful owner. Breakfast was delicious with a great variety.

Great Hostel, very friendly owner, everything is close by. Breakfast is really nice, cakes, bread, fruits, eggs etc. The Hostel itself is very clean and has a laid back atmosphere. Enjoy your holidays here, if you go to Ilha Grande.

This hostel is great! I reserved a private room and the AC was critical to cool off at night and keep the mosquitos out of the room (for the most part). Christine was always available with any help or information that I needed.