Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Stayed in biergarten for two nights and really liked it. Great value from money and 5-10 mins walk to beach. Nice breakfast with a toasted sandwich machine. They didn't change the toilet bins regularly enough resulting in a strong, unpleasant smell and we saw a cockroach in the common area. Apart from that it was an enjoyable stay.

BEST hostel I stayed at during my entire time in South America. Staff do everything to make you feel comfortable! Really chilled atmosphere.

The place to stay in Abraão, Very social hostel - impossible to not make new friends! The restaurant in front of the hostel was also very, very good and cheap. People staying other places in town actually come to this hostel to hang out and eat dinner, drink, etc. My only complaint was that the wifi signal was kind of weak and didn't work in my room.

Nice hostel but wouldn't recommend the 8 person rooms. The ceiling is quite thin and it hangs right over the bar area. Other than that great place

I stayed in the newly renovated female dorm, clean with big lockers and bathroom with two showers. Breakfast was great. Staff very very helpful. Very nice atmosphere. I have no complain to this hostel, and i would definitely stay there again!

Best hostel of our trip so far. Staff are incredible and helped us with everything on the island. Highly recommend staying here.

For me the best hostel to Stay in the island.Great atmosphere!!!!,beautiful,really Nice kitchen,great breakfast,has also a small restaurant where u Can eat great food, great lockers. People were nice, wi fi was ok.. At afternoon everybody get together to listen some Live music, talk and drink caipirinha. I felt like home.

Loved this hostel-so clean and facilities were so good. Staff were so helpful and friendly. Great atmosphere and met loads of really nice people! Could not recommend this hostel highly enough!

I stayed at the hostel for three days. This is a very nice hostel, the only problem was that the island had no electricity for my entire stay. This meant no hot water for showers and I really hate to take a cold shower and no wifi for 2 of the 3 days that I was there. I actually reduced my stay by a day. The breakfast here was good and the staff very helpful.

My staying in Biergarten Hostel was very pleasant thanks to Paula and her staff. Although there were problems with electricity, due to a problem in Ilha Grande grid, the weekend was very nice.

Nice place, kept very clean. A 5' walk from where the ferry leaves. The dorm was big enough, and had lockers, individual lights and plugs. WiFi was generally good, although sometimes the electricity goes off for hours (it's an issue on the whole island). Breakfast is nice (fruit, bread, ham, cheese, cereal, etc). Cons: It can be quite noisy at night, until past midnight. Not enough space between upper and lower bed, you can't even sit on the bed (pick the upper bed, it's better).

Small things like having your bed made each day and being provided with a towel make this hostel excellent. The staff are friendly and the hostel is spotless.

This is a very nice clean neat hostel and a great location. Good wifi. There wasn't much social activitiy the couple days I stayed, but that could have just been the nights I was there. One of the better hostels I've stayed at. Would stay here again and recommend to others.

One of the best hostels we've stayed in while travelling South America. We were in a 6 bed dorm as the double rooms were taken and it was clean, comfortable and secure with lockers available for everyone. Breakfast was great and the room was cleaned daily. Great bonus having the bar on sight and the lady on the desk is very helpful and gave us all the info we needed in English. Close to all other restaurants and hikes etc. Would be useful to have someone on the desk before 2.30pm.

great little hostel in the heart of the island. walking distance to anything.

Friendly place. The breakfast is simple but nice. The staff are knowledgable of the area if you ask them. Girls room was lovely, although the ceiling leaked in the rain. Would definitely stay again, a lovely calm vibe.

Good location and really friendly staff. Breakfast was ok. Beds really comfy but showers could be better. Not much atmosphere at bar

Really good hostel with clean rooms, bits of art around the outside area, a bar, well-maintained bathroom areas, a nightly buffet and a nice breakfast included. Location is good too as it's just a short walk to the beach. Full of other travellers. Wifi only works in the public areas.

Owners are really nice and are knowledgeable about the island. Location is nice, really close to the ferry takeoff place, but still silent enough for a good night of sleep. Also really at the starting point of almost all trails. Would certainly go here again. Nice kilo-restaurant connected in front of the hostel.

Very nice hostel, would definitely stay there again. Restaurant attached, what was good. The breakfast is not great and the kitchen not well equipped. Staff was very helpful wit day trips etc.