Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Super nice place. We got the private 3 bed so I cannot vouch for the other rooms. When we arrived there was a security guard that did not speak English, so checking in late was rather difficult. Ending up flagging someone down from the street to help with the situation! He thought we were showing up at midnight to party. Can't blame him, but maybe the guards should be more aware of guests checking in late? All in all a great place and I definitely recommend it.

Perfect location for doing all Island activities. Lacks a good communal area but it's still easy to meet people. The restaurant was closed when I was there but has since opened, so can't comment on that. Best showers of my trip so far, always super hot and strong. And towels provided which is rare and appreciated! Would recommend to anyone staying on the island.

Awesome place. Staff are friendly and incredibly helpful. Cleaners clean the rooms everyday so it's spotless. One of the best hostels I have stayed in.

• 25th Sep 2014

Great hostel that's spotlessly clean, good staff and the breakfast is great as well.. Would def recommend👍

I enjoyed my stay at biergarten hostel. it is well located and has a good atmosphere. the staff (the owner) helped us a lot with our planning. breakfast was good and our room (we had a bathroom inside) was suitable for all...

Small rooms and some problems with damp (it was raining a lot while we were there!) However, overall we met some great people and really enjoyed our stay here!

Great hostel with awesome staff. Pity the bar and restaurant were closed the few days we were there; if they had been open it surely would have boosted the atmosphere.

Our stay was a good one at biergarten, a shame that the restaurant was closed but still managed to eat out at some other venues. Some take card payment if you are low on cash due to NO ATM's on ilha grande....Lockers come with own keys which is handy, Internet is not the best but this is on the island throughout which is a pain when trying to book transfers. We really enjoyed the hiking on the island which makes it a very nice place to be.. Ferry price has gone up to 14 reais per person ...

one of my favourite hostels. off the main street on ilha grande but not far at all. bar was closed when we were there coz it was so quiet but that's understandable. very good value for money. nice ppl working there, very helpful re directions, etc.

Clean, neat, friendly staff. Good are for socialising when people are around

Great hostel that's close to Abraão port so there's easy access to all parts of the island. Security leaves a bit to be desired but good apart from that.

Very well run hostel. All the things travellers appreciate like big lockers, hot showers and a decent breakfast. Staff are really helpful and friendly and I was able to totally relax and enjoy what the island has to offer.

Perfect hostel on one of the most beautiful places in Brazil!

One of the best hostels I have ever been.

Nice hostel and only 5 Minutes away from Port. Friendly and polite staff. Nice location with clean rooms. Would come back again.

We had an awesome time at Ilha Grande. Thanks for everything! :)

Great Hostel ! Very Clean Hostel

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Excellent all round. Welcoming staff. Breakfast was very good, great selection and nice food to fill you up for the day. Beds were comfy and rooms spacious and big lockers available for safety of stuff whilst out. Brilliant hostel

A clean hostel with beds made everyday. Make sure to close your door unless you want the cat to be on your bed when you get back. Wifi is slow in the morning but good otherwise. Bring small denominations as reception has limited change.

The island is beautiful so didn't stay in the hostel much! This hostel provides a good breakfast and is centrally located. We unfortunately had a room that was a 4person dorm directly outside of the eating area. The set-up of breakfast starts early and is quite noisy from this room. People also (fair enough!) want to sit and talk at the tables in the evening, which can also clearly be heard.Though I recommend the hostel ask to not stay on the bottom floor - your sleep will be rather disrupted!