Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Amazing hostel really recommended! Chilled, comfortable, really clean and extremely friendly and helpful staff! I chose this hostel after reading other good reviews and wasn't disappointed! Would definitely recommended staying here!

• 3rd May 2014

Great Hostel, Would recommend to all travelers going to Ilha Grande

Very good hostel, the owner and staff were very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable.

Bad experience regarding the hostel manager and owner. They said you get a 10% when buying at the hostel food or drinks. As they did not see my bracelet they did not give it to me. Actually, of course, I was told I had a discount after my first day. Besides, they have a cat, which they do not announce and it goes into people rooms, sit on beds. Generally ok, not the best on ilha grande.

This is definitely the best hostel I've stayed at in Brazil. Spacious, clean rooms with big lockers, and I was in the 4 bed dorm which had a big en suite bathroom. There are good common areas with kitchen etc. and there is an excellent por quilo buffet in the bar area. Victor and the other staff are friendly and helpful with information about places to go on Ilha Grande. This is the second time I've stayed at this hostel and I hope to come back again.

This is a Great Hostel! Very clean and tidy. Rooms are cleaned every day! There are big lockers in the rooms. Breakfast is very good as well (even with cake and fruits). Good location to the pier. And you get 10% off at the Biergarten Restaurant (recommended!) The only negative thing is that the wifi doesn't work properly, especially in the late afternoon / evening. I would stay there again! :)

Very friendly staff!! Amazing location!

Great facilities, very clean and helpful owner. Breakfast was delicious with a great variety.

Great Hostel, very friendly owner, everything is close by. Breakfast is really nice, cakes, bread, fruits, eggs etc. The Hostel itself is very clean and has a laid back atmosphere. Enjoy your holidays here, if you go to Ilha Grande.

This hostel is great! I reserved a private room and the AC was critical to cool off at night and keep the mosquitos out of the room (for the most part). Christine was always available with any help or information that I needed.

Christina was fantastic and really helped us out, even though there was a miscommunication about our third night she handled everything very professionally and made us feel very welcome. The room were clean and the breakfast was quite good (!included fruit and hard boiled eggs). We would stay here again.

Clean rooms, probably more spacious than in other hostels. Good air-con. Staff was friendly but sometimes informaton was a bit scarce when it came to advice about hikes, diving etc. But still okay. Good breakfast. No proper common room except for one table in upstairs kitchen (only found out about back rooms and yaed as I left). Tasty food in onsite perkilo restaurant. Quiet location but away from the beach.

Very well located and clean but the communal area is quite bad (it is basically a small kitchen with one table in the middle) and so the atmosphere is not very fun. There is nothing organise for the guest (neither in the hostel nor outside - with some kind of day trip or anything)

very nice hostel, i spend great time. very clean and confortable which both are very important, i will recomend it to my travellers friends.

I recommend this hostel for many reasons but mainly for the staff. The were extremely kind and helpful, all the times I needed, they were there to help. And everything was soooo clean... It really worthies each penny spent...

Amazing stay! Rooms, bathroom facilities and bed space are tight but the welcoming atmosphere and awesome staff more than counteract this. Pablo and the team put on really fun day excursions and dinners too, as well as the included breakfast which is the best of anywhere I stayed. Convenient location too, close to bus and the old town.

Everything was great!!

Was great.

• 19th Mar 2014

The owner speaks excellent english and is very helpfull. The rooms are cleaned every day. The food is very good and they have everything from fish, vegetables, meat...if u stay at ihla grande dont stay at the party hostels but at biegarten. You can always go to the party hostel for the party but it feel good to come back to a clean and very well organized hostel.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

Biergarten Hostel is by far the cleanest Hostel we stayed in, so far. It is close to everything but still very quiet. The Rooms are cleaned daily - and not only the sheets.That is a very convenient thing, as normally dorms are pretty dirty. The interiour hostal is composed in a very smart and intelligent way. You can take free water from a filtersystem. One little minus: the WLAN is not String enough to reach the dorms, nor mostly the kitchenarea. Otherwise, I can highly recommend this Hostal!!!

• 8th Mar 2014