Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

The location is great - not right on the beach but set a block back on a fairly busy road so you're never walking back in the dark/alone. The manager, Paula, was wonderful but when I checked in, as well as when I checked out, only the cleaning staff were available and they don't speak any English at all to answer any questions. My room didn't have a lock on it but there were large lockers inside for my stuff. The showers were HOT :) and the bar is a nice place to hang out in the evenings.

• 31st May 2015

Really nice place, clean, the staff is very welcoming and approachable.

Really good hostel, clean, had wifi and a laptop, breakfast was great too.

Very Good

• 26th May 2015

excellent hostel in beautiful location! Could not dispute ththis hostehostel at all! Only suggestion is hot showers although although when it is a hot day a hot shower isn't needed! Best hostehostel I've stayed in world wide!

The hostel is in a very good place, the staff is nice,I didn't like the toilets,and the hostel is in a very good place.Too less toilets for too many people and the condition of them it's not do good.

Lovely and friendly place to stay. I hope to come back soon!

• 24th May 2015

The owners are great, spend time telling you whats good etc. very sociable hostel though the island itself is not a place for nightlife.

Really nice hostel with a chilled atmosphere. The manager was really nice and helpful and had lots of great advice. The cleaner even made our beds for us!! I would definitely stay here again.

This hostel has a fun atmosphere, a great layout and nice facilities. The breakfast was plentiful and nice quality. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. My only issue was that the beds had a plastic mattress cover that was very loud when you moved around in bed. This was somewhat annoying when trying to sleep in a dorm room at night.

We originally booked che lagarto for four nights. After one night we left because there was mold everywhere, it was disgusting. Biergarten was extremely clean and had very good sized lockers. It was two large communal areas and two kitchens. However, you cannot bring alcohol into the hostel and the hostel bar is extremely expensive. Furthermore, it only opens after 6pm I think. I would suggest that the decrease prices slightly or give discounts to people staying at the hostel.

Excellent hostel! Really friendly staff, awesome communal areas and a really nice, spacious room. Thanks!

Had a great time at Biergarten! Great value for money, clean, good lockers. And Victor who owns it is a legend! Highly recommend to stay here. Bloody cool place

Excellent welcoming, information about the visits around the hostel

Highly recommended!

A "beer garden" where no alcohol is allowed. Great! No atmosphere at all. Do not stay here if there's rain, there's nothing to do in the hostel; no music, lounge, comfy sofa etc, only the wooden benches/chairs in the "beer garden". Bunk beds are very low. Coffin like. My knees touched the bunk above. Staff were nice and helpful. Probably the only positive.

Amazing environmental, caring with security and facilities. Also very clean and with a good staff. For sure I will return to there.

Positiv first: clean, +/- new, new and fast computer/internet. BUTS: Good place to be eaten alive by mosquitos. The hostels 5 min. up the hill don´t have this problem. Beds are good for gothic people: you feel like like in a coffin, burried alive - due to the 50 cm between the bed at the bottom and the upper. They put a plastic protection on the matraze - so every turning around in bed gets on your and the others nerves. No television. No alc. drinks allowed and bar is always closed.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Jean is lovely and extremely helpful. He made us feel very welcome. The hostel was very nice and clean. The beds were comfy and i like it a lot when there are large lockers and individual sockets and lights. The location was central. The only downsides were that there was no atmosphere and it was hard to socialise. I imagine this was because the bar was shut and because it was low season. Very expensive but all the hostels are there.

very clean hostel specially when you are comming from misty hostel down the road. Nice staff. just to bad the bar was not open, i was expecting a lot of beers but no beer bar at that time it was closed due to low season. we were not allowed to bring our own beer too. great location and nice athmosphere. defenitely worth going