Biergarten Hostel Reviews

Av. Getulio Vargas 161, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande-RJ, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Very helpful staff. Great food

Good location

This place is really nice, 5 mins from the centre of the town. It's brand new and very clean. The restaurant has a pay-by-weight buffet system, and the food was pretty good. The only real security is the presence of lockers in the room (nice big ones). Our dorm door and window did not lock and there was no real way to stop people walking from the street straight into our room. There was apparently a guard at night, but I never saw them. Maybe they were ninjas. Overall, very nice place.

I am very grateful to Viktor for his advice and kindness (and perfect English). The hostel was very clean and a very good place to chill out (other hostels on the island seem to be a bit more party-party - it depends what you are looking for). It also felt secure with good lockers (not big enough for large backpacks though). Towels were included which was great. If all hostels are like this during my stay in south America, I will be very happy. I would happily go back to Biergarten

• 29th Jun 2014

Great restaurant, the hostel however does not have much of an atmosphere. Great facilities. Expensive though

Great location in the heart of the tiny village of Vila do Abraão, good facilities, best WIFI connection in the area. Also restaurant and bar. Everything went great and I would highly recommend Biergarten Hostel.

We had a really good stay at the hostel. Thanks for making it a comfortable and pleasant one.

• 20th Jun 2014