Big Apple Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi Bayramfirin Sok no:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I can't recommend this place enough. The staff are extremely hospitable. If you're sitting around in the lobby or on the terrace, you'll likely be offered teas or breads throughout the day, and shisha on the terrace in the evening. Breakfast was great every morning as well with lots of options. The shower in the dorm was a little scuzzy and there were only one set of outlets in the room, but otherwise comfortable! Can't say enough about the staff though!

Many hostels will give you a run down of local options. When I asked about a local bar, the guy at reception just said "Only in Taksim". Our room door had only a push-button lock and the door tended to pop open if not pulled tight, so most of the day it was either unlocked if not ajar. Terrace and breakfast was nice.

Great location, very clean and secure. The terrace is great for meeting people and breakfast buffet is delicious! Look out for Steen to make you endless amounts of tea and light up a shisha for you! The owner is also very friendly and helpful, would definitely come back to Big Apple!

• 13th Nov 2014

The staff were extremely helpful. I had to print something but the printer at the reception was down. One of the staff helped me print my document at a neighbouring hostel, at no cost. Knowing that I was travelling around by myself, another staff warned me of the latest scam in Istanbul so that I would be careful.

It was a great hostel with friendly stuffs and convenient area. It's located very near to Blue Mosque Hagia Sophia and many other main sightseeing points. Easy to get there by public transportation or shuttle services. They have a a roof terrace with perfect view of the area and and the seaside. Special thanks to day receptionist Mr. Mehmed (excuse my spelling) and Ismaeal was very helpful and friendly they have helped us choosing the best local restaurant with local prices...

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Room was valuable and clean. Staff were extremely helpful, Fantastic breakfast with nice view at the terrace. Good advice regarding attractions.

• 11th Nov 2014

Amazing, perfect location, very friendly persons. Definitely I recommend.

Great hostel. There was a mix up in the pricing and the staff worked with me to make sure we both walked away happy. I do wish they had a kitchen, but I think that is the only thing I would change.

The people that work there are great! Amazing people!!!!

• 1st Nov 2014

Great location with amazing staff, one actually let us use his metro/tram card while we were there to make our travels easier. The room itself was small but clean; we had some issues getting the heat to turn on (it took 2 days for it to finally start working). The wifi was really weak in parts of the hostel and we would have to switch from router to router trying to find one that would work. Would recommend for someone wanting to stay in a comfortable, no frills room in the center of Istanbul.

I have stayed here for 2 weeks, the breakfast is so wonderful, wıth a comfortable terrace bar,and the staff are so nice,can offer lots of useful ınformatıon. One of them always ask:'Are you ok?You looks tıred.' So you need to cheer yourself up when meeting him. so funny. There are many Korean here, most of them are frıendly,I also make frıends wıth some korean gırls. But if you want to have a good sleep at 6am, you'd better to ask the Korean in the same dorm don't talk too loudly on next morning

great place , very clean. ..good breakfast great view and great people!

• 28th Oct 2014

Great location in the heart off the old Istanbul just A stone throw away from Hagia Sofia. Very helpful and friendly staff. Would recommend to anyone a stay there

완전 친절하고 조식도 맛있어요~~ 처음 왔다가 다시돌아가는 날에 또 와서 지냈답니당~~ 다들 너무 친절하고 좋아용 강츄

• 26th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

All I can say , great place, great staff, specialty thanks to manager memo for all of his helps

• 22nd Oct 2014

Amazing staff. Couldn't have been better

Nice hostel in a great location. The staff were amazing - friendly and very helpful. Breakfast on the rooftop terrace was a great start to each day.

staff are soooo nice and helpful. perfecet location to stay in Istanbul

새벽 3시쯤가게됫는데 친절하게대해주고 여행중 문제생긴걸 자신의 일처럼 얘기해주면서 도와줍니다ㅋ

• 13th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

It was located conveniently in the old area with lots of restaurants nearby. It was very close to many of the attractions.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7