Big Apple Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi Bayramfirin Sok no:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

5 good points I would recommend: 1st; staffs were kind and helpful all the time. 2nd; the room was clean amd comfortable, 3rd; the view from the rooftop terrace was beautiful. 4th; the breakfast (good variety of vegetables and fruits) was nice. And 5th; there was a reliable seculity lockers in the lobby and room. Thank you anyway, I enjoyed Istanbul so much.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Great accommodation. We booked a private double with ensuite and found it was more hotel standard with a nice modern bathroom and a television. The communal areas are high quality and well maintained. Staff are lovely and helpful. Would definitely recommend that people stay here.

• 16th Jul 2014

The perfect hostel to stay in if you really want to see Istanbul's cultural heritage. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the place was clean, and the rooftop terrace (which served food and drink) was a great place to meet other travellers. Free breakfast! The only issue I had was that my dorm didn't appear to have a key for the door, so people could wander in and out freely which was slighly unnerving, but there were free lockers under the beds in which to lock all your stuff.

- I loved my staff here, all the staff were so fantastic. Price was good. I will stay there in a heartbeat again!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Iran

ﻣﻦ ﺗﻘﺮﻳﺒﺎ ﻳﻜﻤﺎﻩ اﺳﺖ ﻛﻪ ﺩﺭ اﻳﻦ ﻫﺎﺳﺘﻞ ﻣﺎﻧﺪﻡ ﺳﻪ ﭼﺎﺭ ﺑﺎﺭ ﺭﺯﺭﻭ ﻛﺮﺩﻡ ﭼﻮﻥ ﻛﻪ ﺧﻴﻠﻲ ﺗﻤﻴﺰ و ﻣﺮﺗﺐ ﺑﻮﺩ و ﺗﻤﺎﻣﻲ ﻛﺎﺭﻛﻨﺎﻥ ﺧﻮﺏ ﻣﻬﺮﺑﺎﻥ ﺑﻮﺩﻧﺪ وﻫﺮ ﺭﻭﺯ ﺑﻪ ﻫﻤﻪ ﭼﻲ ﺳﺮ ﻣﻴﺰﺩﻧﺪ ﻣﻦ ﺗﻮ ﻫﺎﺳﺘﻞ ﻫﺎﻱ ﺯﻳﺎﺩﻱ ﺑﻮﺩﻡ ﻭﻟﻲ اﻳﻦ ﺑﻬﺘﺮ اﺯ ﻫﻤﻪ ﺑﻮﺩ اﻳﻦ ﻫﺎﺳﺘﻞ ﻳﻚ ﻭﻋﺪﻩ ﺻﺒﺤﺎﻧﻪ ﺩاﺷﺖ ﻛﻪ ﺧﻴﻠﻲ ﻣﻔﺼﻞ و ﻛﺎﻣﻞ ﺑﻮﺩ و ﺩﻭ ﺗﺎ ﻛﺎﺭﻣﻨﺪ ﺩاﺷﺖ ﻳﻚ ﺯﻥ ﻛﻪ ﻭﻇﻴﻔﻪ ﺻﺒﺤﺎﻧﻪ ﺭا ﺑﻬﺪﻩ ﺩاﺷﺖ ﺧﻴﻠﻲ ﺧﻮﺵ اﺧﻼﻕ و ﺗﻤﻴﺰ ﺑﻮﺩ ﻭﻳﻚ ﻣﺮﺩ ﺑﻪ ﻧﺎم ugur ﻫﻢ ﺧﻴﻠﻲ ﺧﻮﺏ ﻛﺎﺭ ﻣﻴﻜﺮﺩ و ﺑﻪ ﻫﻤﻪ ﻛﻤﻚ ﻣﻴﻜﺮﺩ ﺻﺒﺤﺎﻧﻪ ﺩﺭ ﺗﺮاﺱ ﺧﻴﻠﻲ ﺯﻳﺒﺎﻳﻲ ﺑﻮﺩ ﻛﻪ ﺑﺎﺭ ﻫﻢ ﺑﻮﺩ ﺗﺎ 2ﺷﺐ ﺑﺎﺯ ﺑﻮﺩ

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Iran

I had a great time at Big Apple Hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was very fun and laid- back. I enjoyed spending time on the rooftop. The breakfast was delicious. I felt like I was safe and in good hands. Nice lobby, comfy bed. Good sized lockers under beds for safe storage.

• 7th Jul 2014

Fabulous Hostel, very clean, rooms were very nice, air conditioning was great, the rooftop terrace was amazing, a great view and friendly staff, the breakfast was also very nice, there was a nice variety and fresh fruit. Overall i had a great stay, no issues at all, the staff even let us in at around 2 am after we were out partying, the rooms were soundproof, so there was no issue with loud guests. I will definitely stay here again

• 6th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Loved the rooftop terrace!

• 6th Jul 2014

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly! Loved our stay here and the rooftop terrace was awesome. Special shout-out to Ugur for making our stay really enjoyable.

• 6th Jul 2014

A fantastic hostel experience! Breakfast was better than most hotels!

What a great place! I stayed ın the Bıg Apple twıce and Bıg Apple is ın my opınıon everythıng na hostel should be and more. The rooms, locatıon and the terrace were great, but the staff made all the dıfference - a bunch of the most helpful and frıendly people I have ever come accross whilst travelling. The terrace has a beautıful vıew and facılıtates meetıng new people very well. The free breakfast ıs amazıng but the staff and the atmosphere made it the perfecty place to stay. Exeptionally clean

• 29th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Great place! Owners were friendly. Only there one night (sunday) no real atmosphere, but I did show up late and no one was really around. Overall good room, Amazing location and affordable! I will come back!

I thought the staff at Big Apple were very friendly and always prepared to help. I was also really pleased with the huge variety of foods for breakfast as I'm a big eater and there was a lot to eat. The proximity to the Hagia Sophia etc was excellent and only took a few minutes to walk to from the hostel.

• 28th Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff went above and beyond. The location is fantastic. The breakfast selection was the best I've come across in two months of travel. They clean every day. There is always hot water. Great place! Must stay here :)

Our stay at the hostel was great!!! Mehmet, Enver, İsmail and Ugur you guys rock :) We definitely come back. Love you loads the crazy German and American

It was a very good stay. The staff is very helpful, the breakfast is amazing, its clean and with good location.

Everythings are excellent!!! Especally staffs are kind, humoros, and responsibilty. So I hope next year re-vist!!! Thankyou

• 26th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

It was good to meet many people in hostel and had a nice time in terrace at night fantastic hostel especially staff best

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Iran

the staff is outstanding, the breakfast buffet the view is awesome, and location is ideal!!!

Such an amazing time there ! The hostel is VERY well located and the roof terrace is awesome : the view to the city and at night we were hanging out with other people with a beer and shisha there. The staff was great, they took us out on a pub crawl in Istanbul, which was very interesting and nice! Also, we stayed in the 14-beds room, which turned out to be one of the best ideas, because everyone was very friendly and the room was cleaned and not messy at all. Enough showers for everyone also!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6