Big Apple Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi Bayramfirin Sok no:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Best place for backpacker in Istanbul.

Big Apple was an excellent choice for me during my recent stay in Istanbul. The staff was AMAZING. They were super-friendly and helped me arrange tours, an airport taxi, and even printed my boarding passes. I would recommend them to anyone in search of an inexpensive place to stay in a great central location! Thank you, Big Apple, for helping to make my time in Istanbul so enjoyable!

• 14th Apr 2014

Highly recommend Big Apple Hostel. Excellent location, clean rooms, very helpful front office! Will definitely return for future stays in Istanbul.

• 9th Apr 2014

I have travelled a lot &Apple hostel the best hostel!!!Very welcoming and social, the staff (Many thanks guys Mehmet & Ender & Ugur)were AMAZING, fun and beautiful and everyone just hung out like friends.Rooms are very clean and atmosphere of the hostel is very cool!!!Location is excellent as it's just 5 min from Blue Mosque.Very nice breakfast in beatyful terrass with view to Bosforous &Blue Mosque!!!! Totally recommend it!I come back!!!!!

Excellent location, clean, comfortable beds, great staff who will go out of their way to help you, fantastic atmosphere, large lockers to secure you belongings, roof top terrace with fabulous views, basically if you're in Istanbul stay here! I was travelling alone and was able to stay in a female only dorm, had a great time - thank you!

• 6th Apr 2014

Everything was great. I can only say that the breakfast could be better.

Great hostel, it was pretty much like a hotel. The only problem was that it was generally an older crowd, more for older travellers and families. But still, big rooms with clean and comfortable facilities and also the breakfast was great.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Excellent staff with great local knowledge, especially Enver, meeting whom was one of the highlights of my time in Istanbul.

Fantastic hospital, Dorms are of extremely high quality, bathrooms very clean, recently refurbished. Best breakfast in Istanbul! Phenomenal people at the hotel, made to feel completely at home, excellent knowledge of Istanbul, no negatives to say at all

Enver ıs a champ! He will go out of hıs way to make your stay as comfortable as possible and is very approachable. The level of servıce he provıdes is much more than I have seen ın any other hostel around Europe. The hostel is very clean and the breakfast will keep you goıng for most of the day.

Definitely Best Hostel Around Blue Mosque . Best Staff and Breakfast is Great The Terrace Overlooking The Sea New Bathroom in The Dorm Room .I would Recommend Thank you so much For Big Apple Hostel Team

• 28th Mar 2014

Super friendly staff Best atmosphere

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Japan

The rooms and bathrooms are really good but the hostel has the feel of a hotel. There's a rooftop bar that would be good if they made more use of it.

Excellent hostel. Extremely helpful staff there. I had a wonderful expression of Turkey people for my three days' stay there. Memet, the lovely owner actually lent his Istanbul card (just like Oyster card in London or Ba Da Tong in HK). Save money and save trouble. He is also thinking of lending such cards to all customers. Breakfast is also great, sitting on the roof with sea view. Just fantastic. By the way, the location is great, just 3-5 minutes walk to Blue Mosque.

If your looking for Hostel that has a great location, this is the Hostel. Everything else about it is below average. No beer in stock but they won't let you bring beer in, no running water on the last day we were there, which means no shower and no sink and no flushing toilets. The shower was on the second floor and the toilet was on the third floor which made it very inconvenient. Bad social atmosphere to meet people. Only stay here if your concerned about location, better option around.

Thank you so much for spending time for the review .As you know we had been fixing all bathrooms and toilets.Our all other dormitory rooms have private bathroom and there will be private bathroom in the room you stayed soon. On your last day we had to cut the water off for a while and we warned all customers about that . We have beers in stock and you are allowed to bring beer . There must have been a misunderstanding . Hope to see you again .

It's been a great stay! Food, rooms and staff were awesome!

Amazing place to live. Super nice staff and feels like home. Not a single complaint at all but goodness from them. Would recommend anyone to stay here young or old, you will feel like home and very knowledgeable staff. I did not know a single route in Istanbul but they guided me everywhere and took time to explain to a newbie. SUPER AMAZING A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• 3rd Mar 2014

This hostel was pretty nice. The ensuite rooms were great as was the breakfast with a great view. The staff was more than helpful when it came to directing my around the city. My *only* compliant is that the air freshener they used in the bathrooms were pretty bad smelling. But all I had to do was close the bathroom door and the room smelled fine.

• 26th Feb 2014

Great hostel, amazing roof with killer view. Staff where amazing if you wanna stay in Old Town place to stay

good location, clean room, variety of different breakfasts!

• 9th Feb 2014