Big Apple Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi Bayramfirin Sok no:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

This was my favorite hostel that I've ever stayed at! The staff was amazing, the rooms were so clean, the location was central to every major tourist spot! I recommend Big Apple to anyone looking to stay in a beautiful hostel.

• 24th Nov 2013

The only disappointment was no pub crawl. The staff at Big Apple is superb, people like Enver, for example.

The staff were fantastic, very welcoming and helpful. Loved the spacious dorm room and rooftop bar. Great location near some of the most amazing sights in Istanbul and super close to public transport, bars and restaurants. No complaints at all, this is a great hostel and I´d gladly stay here again

• 19th Nov 2013

Good, clean facilities and the rooms are air-condtioned. They also offer a very good free buffet breakfast on their roof terrace. Highly recommended if you are looking for a place to stay in Istanbul.

• 19th Nov 2013

. There is a view of the Bosphorous that is really breathtaking. The bar is cheap and there are always plenty of people around to share a drink or a conversation with. The staff was really helpful too Definitely plan on going back.

• Japan

Best hostel ive ever stayed at. Staff are insanely friendly, don't even think about staying anywhere else in Istanbul. That would be a major mistake on your behalf.

• 18th Nov 2013

The area couldn't get any better next to all the mosques and sights, in a buzzing sultanahmet district. Staff are so helpful Hilal helped me print boarding passes for my flights and gave me directions. Breakfast is amazing on the rooftop overlook istanbul and the sea overall amazing stay at one of the best hostels

Bunkbeds, lockers under each bed, power strips in each room. Staff is very nice and helpful with planning. The breakfast spread is very impressive.

The dorms themselves weren't great (stayed in a 14 bed). There was only a fitted sheet, pillow and a blanket (that everyone else uses). They need a second sheet. The bathrooms didn't have very good plumbing and always smelt, although this might just be typical of Istanbul. No personal lights which made it hard to see if you didn't want to wake everyone up turning the light on. Staff really nice, breakfast awesome and really good common areas. Location walking distance from most main sites.

If more hostels were like this place traveling would be an even better experience, the view from the roof, and the staff and the stay were all fantastic. It was incredibly clean, and shout out to Daniel Craig and Ilkay working there, made it great.

I was hesitated to book this hostel at first, however i have decided to go with Big Apple Hostel in Istanbul. As soon as i arrive at the reception, i was welcomed with a friendly smile and hospitable stuff at the desk. The facility is great either for alone traveler, families and friend groups. The stuff and manager is very friendly and helpful all of the time, they have even helped me to call my bank in States for an issue i had. (Special Thanks to Mr. Mehmet) Strongly Recommended

• 9th Nov 2013

Staff was amazing, Red-one (sorry if i spelled that wrong) walked us to a restaurant that had some awesome turkish food and hung out with us and played cards. The location couldn't be any better and the rooms are all kept very clean. Also the storage lockers under the beds are a brilliant idea that every hostel should have. Also the breakfast on the roof was a great way to start each day. Thank you for a very rememberable stay.

100% excellent. Perfect location in Sultanahmet area, friendly and helpful staff, great panoramic roof terrace, lots of facilities. Everything went great and we had a perfect stay.

Great staff, location and best breakfast ever in hostel

• Finland

Great vibe. Rooftop terrace/bar was excellent. Enjoyed drinks and conversations with new friends overlooking The Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Ancient Cistern, Palace, and much more are all within just a couple minutes walking distance definitely go back and recommend ..

• Argentina

They made me feel at home ! Also wifi was good and quite fast The staff were unbelievable--friendly, funny, helpful. The facilities are clean and there are 2 showers and an extra toilet in the big dorm ..

• Argentina

The location is perfect, very close to attractions. Very clean, the staff were friendly and helpful.Great place to stay if you want to get around and sightsee and spend time with some quality people. Breakfast was good with lots of food.

• Argentina

Don't know why this hostel is so well scorwd. Its one of the worst I have stayed in. First, they don't give you the entire bed linen, just the matress sheet and then you have to use the same bed cover that EVERYONE uses. The bathrooms smelled, and there were only 2 for 24. Tbe breakfast has a lot of stuff but the bread was old and fluffy. Finally, the guys at the reception were not nice and laughed at me when I asked for another cover because I was cold. Couldn't even recommend me a restauran

We had a pleasant stay in the big apple. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very good and it took place on a very pretty terrace, from which we had an amazing view. Besides the Hagia Sophia and the blue Mosque are just 3 minutes away and you can reach everything important with the metro which you can reach 5 minutes by foot. We enjoyed the stay a lot and for the next time in Istanbul we would chose the "Big Apple" again.

• 6th Nov 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I stayed at the girl's dorm room which I made few friends and we went for sight-seeing together. There is a bathroom in the room we can share and it has hot shower running anytime! They also have heater in the room and I saw there is an air-condition. Room and bed are clean. Location is perfect. Price is very very reasonable. I recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 6th Nov 2013