Big Apple Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi Bayramfirin Sok no:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Excellent hostel. Extremely helpful staff there. I had a wonderful expression of Turkey people for my three days' stay there. Memet, the lovely owner actually lent his Istanbul card (just like Oyster card in London or Ba Da Tong in HK). Save money and save trouble. He is also thinking of lending such cards to all customers. Breakfast is also great, sitting on the roof with sea view. Just fantastic. By the way, the location is great, just 3-5 minutes walk to Blue Mosque.

If your looking for Hostel that has a great location, this is the Hostel. Everything else about it is below average. No beer in stock but they won't let you bring beer in, no running water on the last day we were there, which means no shower and no sink and no flushing toilets. The shower was on the second floor and the toilet was on the third floor which made it very inconvenient. Bad social atmosphere to meet people. Only stay here if your concerned about location, better option around.

Thank you so much for spending time for the review .As you know we had been fixing all bathrooms and toilets.Our all other dormitory rooms have private bathroom and there will be private bathroom in the room you stayed soon. On your last day we had to cut the water off for a while and we warned all customers about that . We have beers in stock and you are allowed to bring beer . There must have been a misunderstanding . Hope to see you again .

It's been a great stay! Food, rooms and staff were awesome!

Amazing place to live. Super nice staff and feels like home. Not a single complaint at all but goodness from them. Would recommend anyone to stay here young or old, you will feel like home and very knowledgeable staff. I did not know a single route in Istanbul but they guided me everywhere and took time to explain to a newbie. SUPER AMAZING A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• 3rd Mar 2014

This hostel was pretty nice. The ensuite rooms were great as was the breakfast with a great view. The staff was more than helpful when it came to directing my around the city. My *only* compliant is that the air freshener they used in the bathrooms were pretty bad smelling. But all I had to do was close the bathroom door and the room smelled fine.

• 26th Feb 2014

Great hostel, amazing roof with killer view. Staff where amazing if you wanna stay in Old Town place to stay

good location, clean room, variety of different breakfasts!

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Austria

Staff were amazing and the hostel itself had everything one would need. Hot showers, clean facilities, etc etc. Plan on staying here again the next time I'm in Istanbul.

Great hostel in great location. Good breakfast's. Staff we're very helpful. I liked the place so much I went back after traveling around turkey.

The best hostel ever! You can walk to almost all touristic places in old town. And You can't get any better breakfast in other hostels :)) I really reccomend you to stay here. スタッフはみんなとても親切で、私たちがカッパドキアに行った3日間もスーツケースを無料で預かってくれました。帰ってきた際にもシャワーを貸してくれて本当に最高のホステルです! 治安はいいですが、少し入り込んだ所にあるのでyoutubeで駅からの行き方を調べて行くと良いと思います。

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Japan

I spent 3 nıghts travellıng alone. The locatıon ıs excellent, just behınd the Blue Mosque. The staff ıs amazıng always wıth a smile ın theır face and wıllıng to help! The breakfast ıs one of the best I have ever had ın a hostel and the terrace where the breakfast ıs served ıs breathtakıng. The where I stayed was a little bit small but the beds are comfortable and everthıng super clean.

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

직원들 다 친절하고 입지도 주요 관광지랑 가까워서 좋아요 ^^ 조식도 맛있고 테라스 전경이 참 기억에 남네요! 가격대비 최고의 선택이었던듯!!!

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • South Korea

This is an absolutely brilliant hostel! The staff go out of their way to help you, the rooms and bathrooms are really clean and modern (hairdryers in the showers!) and the breakfast is awesome (not to mention the view from the breakfast room). I've stayed here twice now and it has never disappointed, I would highly recommend it!

• 29th Jan 2014

이 호스텔 진짜 좋아요 일단 깨끗합니다 위치도 좋구요 스태프들 진짜 친절해요 저 터키돌고 다시 온다고 약속했는데 거리에서 지나가다가 스태프가 저 알아보고 막 반갑다고 그러면서 저 짐들어주고 엄청 무거웠는데 ㅎㅎ 다른 호스텔 한번 묵었는데 좀 뭔가.더러웠는데 여긴 깨끗하고 따뜻해서 좋아요 굿굿둣 Good~~~~~~!

• 25th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Big appel hostel is a very lovely hostel in the center of istanbul. The breakfast is just fabulous and the view from the rooftop amazing. The staff is very nice and helpful. They re always there for qustions and recommendations. The atmosphere is nice, the entrence offers enough space to meet other travellers and hang around :) Cheers Big Appel! We spent a great time in Istanbul, thanks to you! :)

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Good place, good people!

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Hungary

Great times at a great place! Thanks, Big Apple staff. Next time I am in Istanbul, I'll be staying with you.

We had a great stay at Big Apple. The front of house staff were especially helpful making our trips around Istanbul each day that much easier 😊.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »