Big Apple Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi Bayramfirin Sok no:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

They made me feel at home ! Also wifi was good and quite fast The staff were unbelievable--friendly, funny, helpful. The facilities are clean and there are 2 showers and an extra toilet in the big dorm ..

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

The location is perfect, very close to attractions. Very clean, the staff were friendly and helpful.Great place to stay if you want to get around and sightsee and spend time with some quality people. Breakfast was good with lots of food.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

Don't know why this hostel is so well scorwd. Its one of the worst I have stayed in. First, they don't give you the entire bed linen, just the matress sheet and then you have to use the same bed cover that EVERYONE uses. The bathrooms smelled, and there were only 2 for 24. Tbe breakfast has a lot of stuff but the bread was old and fluffy. Finally, the guys at the reception were not nice and laughed at me when I asked for another cover because I was cold. Couldn't even recommend me a restauran

We had a pleasant stay in the big apple. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very good and it took place on a very pretty terrace, from which we had an amazing view. Besides the Hagia Sophia and the blue Mosque are just 3 minutes away and you can reach everything important with the metro which you can reach 5 minutes by foot. We enjoyed the stay a lot and for the next time in Istanbul we would chose the "Big Apple" again.

• 6th Nov 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I stayed at the girl's dorm room which I made few friends and we went for sight-seeing together. There is a bathroom in the room we can share and it has hot shower running anytime! They also have heater in the room and I saw there is an air-condition. Room and bed are clean. Location is perfect. Price is very very reasonable. I recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

I traveled around Turkey in few cities and stayed 7 hotels in different places. This is the best one I stayed in Turkey. Overall the facilities are good and it is a clean hostel. People are friendly, honest, and very helpful to give you any kind of advise. As other reviews mentioned, they do have a very nice terrace and they serve good breakfast. Travelers usually gather there at around late afternoon or at night to share experiences. I like this hostel so I come back again this time.

• 5th Nov 2013

Good hostel, clean, helpful staff, excellent location, wifi, hot shower, locker, it has everything you need. I have nothing to complain at all.

• 5th Nov 2013

Great choice for a nice stay in Istanbul, very well located (less than 2 minutes walking from Blue and Sophia Mosque 5 min from Metro Station and other tourist places), Staff very helpful and prompt to support the guests with outstanding kindness. The view from terrace during the breakfast is awesome.

Amazing place, best in Istanbul! Awesome location right next to the mosques and grand bazaar. Definitely recommend if staying in Istanbul!

The best hostel I ever stayed. Very clean and I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere there the most. Excellent location and the terrace has a very attractive view of the sea. Great value absolutely!

• 2nd Nov 2013

This was a really good hostel with great staff who were friendly and helpful! The breakfast was amazing!!!!!! Given its location (less than a 5 min walk from Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia) the value for money was really good however there were a few things that were disconcerting. The security was really poor - our 12 bed dorm on the bottom floor was never locked and anyone from the street could walk in. Additionally, the bathrooms were unclean.

Dear Guest, First of all thank you for your review. And writing such a good things about us. However, I would like to tell you that, we have 24 hours reception service and there are lockers under your beds.And we provide those lockers for free. We always highly carefull about comfort / security of our guests as we did before. We would like to accommodate you again. Best Regards,

The Bigg Apple is an excellent hostel !!! The location is perfect, close to everything and very close to the tram. The hotel people are very friendly. The terrace has wonderful views and take there breakfast is a luxury. If I return to Istanbul I want hesitate to stay at this hostel // Es un hostel excelente! La ubicación es perfecta, cerca de todo y muy cerca del tranvía. La gente del Hostel son muy muy amables. La terraza tiene unas vistas maravillosas y tomar allí el desayuno es un lujo. :D

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Spain

We had an awesome stay at the Big Apple Hostel Istanbul and hope to come back there soon! Great rooftop terrace, VERY VERY friendly staff, perfect location to start your sightseeing trip through Sulthanamet and beyond. High Five - High Energy!

Thanks a lot guys :) Hope to see you again !!!

Amazing hostel...The staff its helpfull and really nice breakfast!!! I'll returne for shore!! If you want to stay in a good hostel with a very good location, stay in the big apple, it stay just a 2 minuts walking to a street with bars and restaurants!! Amazing view from the terrace!!

I am going to Miss all of the staff .and good time here at the Big Apple Hostel . Thank you for everything great staff and service ,,

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Japan

Nice staff and the best thing of all amazing showers taht are super clean and hot breakfast was great served at the roof top terrace wıth a great view bosporus and Sultanahmet definitely recommend .

• 27th Oct 2013

We had amazing time in İstanbul the hostel wsa lovely so much beter then we expected all the staff was very friendly welcomeing we Will definitely recommend thaank you ...

Amazing place!! I visited 4 hostels in Istanbul and this one is by far the best! The owners and staff are amazing, expecially my brother Savas who runs the rooftop bar! Very clean facilities and the best showers you'll find here. If u want to meet fun fellow travellers and have a great experience stay here. Pub crawl was great as well. I give this place a perfect rating because if you want the best hostel Istanbul can offer, it is this one! Cheers thanks, Marin, Canada.

I read all the reviews about the location and I don't think it was too bad. A quick hop on the train to go one stop isn't out of the way. It's pretty nice, especially after some of the cities I visited where it was an hour train ride to get places. All in all I definitely recommend this place to stay. The rooms are very nice and the staffers great!

Loved the women staff. Very warm and helpful

• 20th Oct 2013