Big Apple Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi Bayramfirin Sok no:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Mehmet and Enver were wonderfully friendly, helpful and welcoming. My room was super clean, my bed was comfy, my shower was powerful and overall I was a very happy chappy! Highly recommend :)

• 27th Apr 2014

Good hostel - more powerpoints in the room would have been good but overall enjoyed my stay. Reception staff are very helpful.

Good hostel in well located area for major highlights of Istanbul. The brekky was great. Not the most modern hostel in terms of facilities but satisfactory and well maintained. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are awesome and ıt ıs located just a few blocks away from the Blue Mosque! I recommend thıs hostel to everyone! :)

What a fabulous place to stay in Istanbul. Excellent location and fabulous staff. We popped in to say Hi prior to our Gallipoli tour and asked if we could borrow some blankets for the night. They were more than happy to oblige. We highly recommend this excellent hostel/hotel.

Amazing staff, very helpful and friendly! Good location. Very clean and tidy, would definately stay again!

Mehmet and Enver run the front office and they so nice. This is a family owned hotel and you can tell by the service. These are the type of people that don't point you in a direction, they will walk with you there. I highly recommend staying here. The roof deck is very nice...just as good if not better than many restaurants in the area.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Staff were really friendly and helpful especially Enver. Really good value for money with free wifi and breakfast in the morning. Couldnt get a better location, Blue mosque just around the corner!

Nice clean hostel, staff were friendly, breakfast was very good, the roof has a nice view of the water. Not a very social hostel though, everyone went somewhere else to hang out.

• 20th Apr 2014

Thank you very much for reviewing us.I would like to say that It's very easy to socialize here and I think you had good friends in our hostel . You can have friends in your dormitory rooms and go up to terrace to have conversation and even at the breakfast you can meet people easily . You can feel the warm atmosphere everywhere of the hostel . I have heard this many times from our guests . Hope to see you again . Enver

Big Apple was a great hostel to stay in. Great location, great staff, great breakfast. Rooms were clean, bathroom was clean and I felt safe and welcome.

• 19th Apr 2014

We had a great stay! Especially Ugur and Enver made us feel really at home.

Best place for backpacker in Istanbul.

Big Apple was an excellent choice for me during my recent stay in Istanbul. The staff was AMAZING. They were super-friendly and helped me arrange tours, an airport taxi, and even printed my boarding passes. I would recommend them to anyone in search of an inexpensive place to stay in a great central location! Thank you, Big Apple, for helping to make my time in Istanbul so enjoyable!

• 14th Apr 2014

Highly recommend Big Apple Hostel. Excellent location, clean rooms, very helpful front office! Will definitely return for future stays in Istanbul.

I have travelled a lot &Apple hostel the best hostel!!!Very welcoming and social, the staff (Many thanks guys Mehmet & Ender & Ugur)were AMAZING, fun and beautiful and everyone just hung out like friends.Rooms are very clean and atmosphere of the hostel is very cool!!!Location is excellent as it's just 5 min from Blue Mosque.Very nice breakfast in beatyful terrass with view to Bosforous &Blue Mosque!!!! Totally recommend it!I come back!!!!!

Excellent location, clean, comfortable beds, great staff who will go out of their way to help you, fantastic atmosphere, large lockers to secure you belongings, roof top terrace with fabulous views, basically if you're in Istanbul stay here! I was travelling alone and was able to stay in a female only dorm, had a great time - thank you!

• 6th Apr 2014

The bathroom is the best I've ever seen in a hostel, the top floor is amazing and the hostel staff are amazing people!

Everything was great. I can only say that the breakfast could be better.

Great hostel, it was pretty much like a hotel. The only problem was that it was generally an older crowd, more for older travellers and families. But still, big rooms with clean and comfortable facilities and also the breakfast was great.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Excellent staff with great local knowledge, especially Enver, meeting whom was one of the highlights of my time in Istanbul.