Big Apple Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi Bayramfirin Sok no:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Perfect location - only a 5-minute walk to Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern and Hagia Sophia. The rooms and communal areas are good, especially the rooftop terrace, where breakfast - the best I've had in any hostel - is served in the mornings. I'd definitely stay here again.

It was a very comfortable stay. The staff were fantastic and welcoming, and very very helpful.

• 21st May 2014

This may be the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at. Staff very friendly and accommodating - I arrived early and I was able to take a shower and get in my room as soon as it was available. I loved the lockers under the beds - they were very large and I was able to fit all my belongings. This kept the room tidy and free from clutter. The location is great - very close to the Blue Mosque and everything in the old town was within walking distance. Best hostel breakfast I've ever had.

Great Hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay there , it's a great location , and the staff is really nice , Thank you so much for big apple hostel and Enver team

• 20th May 2014

Great Hostel. I staid in a six bed female dorm; we had our own shower and toilet to share. Lockers for your belongings are really big (they provide a lock). There is clean linen and blankets. Free wifi and computer access in lobby. Staff members are super friendly and helpful. Loved the breakfast and the terrace is beautiful. I would definitely stay again. Thank you.

• 19th May 2014

Great hostel, excellent ubication and great staff. Always, being gentile and trying to help tourists

• 19th May 2014
  • Chile

Very helpful and friendly staff. Amazing breakfast spread and the area to have breakfast had the most incredible view over Istanbul.

• 18th May 2014
  • South Africa

Big apple hostel was great, the location was perfect, easy to get around and walking distance to most sightseeing sites. The staff were amazing!! They were there 24/7 and happy to help with anything. They really helped make our stay in Istanbul. I would defiantly stay there again.

The location is perfect and the staff couldn't do enough for us! Our room was noisy on the first night due to some very loud Austrians on the roof terrace...but after we spoke to the lovely Enver, he provided us with a quieter, bigger room - in which we slept soundly! The hostel couldn't be better positioned - and is a short walk to excellent restaurants, bars etc - we couldn't believe how close we were to the Blue Mosque. (and didn't even mind being woken up by the call to prayer!) Recommended

Best hostel in Istanbul... I can say that after stopping in 3 in my short stay there!! I would recommend the big apple hostel to anyone who is planning on travelling to Istanbul made to feel welcome by the staff and very helpful I will be returning and when I do I will be stopping at the big apple host, close to all attractions and to the tram station to go further a field. I will most certainly be returning and when I do I will be stopping at the big apple hostel.

Firstly, massive shout out to Enver on reception - this dude is one of the nicest guys have met travelling, and he is a great ambassador for this hostel! The breakfast is free and nice, big rooms with bunk beds galore but I was lucky enough to have awesome people staying in my room too, whom I intend to remain in close contact with. Located within walking distance of the Blue Mosque and Palace (main historical centre of istanbul) - enjoyed staying here for sure.

good price and position to live here,very near from the Blue monsque and metro,tram...... and the host is handsome and nice happy experience in big apple hotel:)

• 1st May 2014
  • China

staff are the best especially enver, so helpful and co-operative in everything

Mehmet and Enver were wonderfully friendly, helpful and welcoming. My room was super clean, my bed was comfy, my shower was powerful and overall I was a very happy chappy! Highly recommend :)

• 27th Apr 2014

Good hostel - more powerpoints in the room would have been good but overall enjoyed my stay. Reception staff are very helpful.

Good hostel in well located area for major highlights of Istanbul. The brekky was great. Not the most modern hostel in terms of facilities but satisfactory and well maintained. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are awesome and ıt ıs located just a few blocks away from the Blue Mosque! I recommend thıs hostel to everyone! :)

What a fabulous place to stay in Istanbul. Excellent location and fabulous staff. We popped in to say Hi prior to our Gallipoli tour and asked if we could borrow some blankets for the night. They were more than happy to oblige. We highly recommend this excellent hostel/hotel.

Amazing staff, very helpful and friendly! Good location. Very clean and tidy, would definately stay again!