Big Apple Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Akbiyik Caddesi Bayramfirin Sok no:12, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

It was a very enjoyable stay. Enver at the front office was great and very welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble and any issues we had were sorted out immediately. The location is excellent for Istanbul's great attractions.

👍👍👍3 thumbs up! Great location walking distance to tourist spots. Averange room n facility but best atmosphere.. Met a lot of friends as we hang out on roof top during mornig n night time.. Shops n restaurant nearby a bit expensive bargain but its okay.. Other option to walk to shops near grand bazaar for food.. In summary, i did enjoyed n feel glad that i stay in big apple although just for 1 night.. Last but not least nice n helpful staff!! 😄

Amazing staff! Perfect location! Breakfast was quite good ! Amazing view from the bar/ breakfast room. I'll be back!

i liked the hostel especially breakfast was amazing and also i liked the cappadocia tour reccommended by hostel staff it was even cheaper than suggested prices by other shops well i definetely recommend this hostel to everyone!!

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Austria

This place is awesome, one of the most friendly hostel I have ever been to, I can blindly recommend this to everyone

I stayed there for almost two weeks in a 6 bed dorm and had a lovely time. The rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day, the breakfast on the terrace is great and there's Wi-Fi on every floor as well as some computers you can use in the lobby. The location just by the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia is perfect. Most importantly, the guys who run the place are fun, open and helpful. The bar on the terrace is a great place to meet other travelers in the evening. I'd definitely stay there again.

I stayed both in a hotel room and a dorm room and both where very good, they are very clean, bathrooms are very clean, beds are good, the dorm room has AC and large lockers for your lugage (with a lock provided by the hostel!), There is a very nice bar and terras opstairs and they serve a good breakfast in the morning. The neighboorhood where the hostel is located is very good aswel. In short; this is a very good hostel and hotel I would receommend everybody to stay here!

The staff at the hostel were great, very friendly and extremely helpful. And the breakfast that is put on for you is awesome :)

• 6th Jun 2014

This is the best hostel I have been to ! Everyone are sooo generous and friendly !! Ugur and Irma are always smilling and helping at terrace on rooftop. Its perfect to meet people, relaxes and have a beer around !! Everything is very clean and comfortable. Its close to many attraction's like Hagia Sofia and topkapi palace. I will come back for sure !!!

everything was just great

Amazing location, staff, and friendly environment! Easy to make friends immediately. If you want to go out and party, you can surely find people to join, but everyone was also very respectful of those who chose to turn in early. Great fit for any type of traveler.

• 4th Jun 2014

Good hostel, very well located (for main tourist attractions). Staff was quite friendly and bathrooms very clean. Super well served all you can eat breakfast, recommended.

An absolutely wonderful hostel. I stayed in the large 14 people dorm downstairs and had the best time. The staff were helpful, kind and friendly. The breakfast was huge and delicious and the hostel was in good condition and cleaned daily. This place made my trip to Istanbul fantastic. I'd highly recommend anyone heading there goes to the Big Apple Hostel.

We spent 3 nights here in a mixed dorm room. It was excellent. The room was a little tight, but the bathroom was really good and clean. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Breakfast is included in the price, and it was amazing! Location is perfect for all the main sights on Sultanahmet. We loved our stay.

this hostel was clean, comfortable, friendly and helpful staff. Also had one of the better breakfast's iv had in my time in turkey. And we found that the beers were a good price which is a plus.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I had initially booked 4 nights Big Apple Istanbul during a trip and had planned on switching to a hostel closer to Taksim for the last couple of nights of our time in Istanbul. After 3 days, we (2 guys in our mid-20's) were having such a great time that we cancelled the second hostel and finished our trip up with Big Apple. All the staff are super helpful and fun people, the free breakfast is both convenient and delicious, and the location is perfect.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great place, except their 'secure luggage room' is a tiny closet no one is paying attention to with a big pile of bags outside it since barely any fit. Just put any valuables in your locker and hopefully no one will take the rest of your stuff, but there's not much stopping them.

• 31st May 2014

One of the nicest hostels in the whole world! Enver is one of the best guys you'll ever meet and the rest of the team are all fantastic. Everyone was really friendly and accommodating. It's great to be welcomed by name everytime. There's always a good social atmosphere on the rooftop and great views. I left with some truly great memories and friends and can't wait to return in the near future!

• 28th May 2014
  • New Zealand

I was very pleased with my stay in this hostel. Location was great, staff was great, breakfast was great. Atmosphere was very friendly and social. Nice rooftop terrace. I'd definitely go back.

It is one great hostel in Istanbul. The staff,manager and crew were very accomodating. I recommend this for everybody. It has a great location too, knowing Old historic town is in Sultahnamet and so the hostel itself.