Big Bed Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 5th/6th floor, Riga, Latvia

The worst hostel ever! Long-term residents were cooking in the room, and the staff didn't do anything about it! The worst thing was my bedding smelled disgusting. I requested the bedding-covers to be changed, but staffs wouldn't have any of it. She told me there is no more covers left. I'm not a picky person. But after sleeping in the bed, I really had to take a shower and change the hostel. Whenever I turned my head, I smelled something disgusting. The staff should have checked my bedding!

Good price. Location could not have been better! Beds are big and rooms are pretty spacious. Kitchen and showers were in disrepair. Many tenants were older men, probably temporary foreign workers looking for cheap accommodation. They offer very nice lockers, but there is only one key per dorm, so the rooms are always open. Kitchen was very poorly stocked and it's unlikely you are traveling with pots and pans. "Breakfast" is a sizable packet of biscuits and some fruit. Not what I expected.