Big Bed Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 5th/6th floor, Riga, Latvia

When entering the building, the guy behind the desks makes some strange jokes, also about guns and stuff. I did not feel secure in the hostel and the city therefor. Don't expect anything of the breakfast, it is just an apple and cookies. During our night, there was a drunk guy all the time walking in, turning the lights on and making noise. It happened from 1 to 5 in the night ans no one was doing something about it. I would not stay here again.

A good hostel in a good location. We got what we expected for the price.

Cleaners were great. Breakfast was ok , some fruit and some biscuits and some coffee. Great location not far from bus or train station and major shopping center. located above MacDonald ,. Hard to think that with four backpacker hostels in the building no one ever cleans the lift

answer your emails, the reason i stayed is because you didnt respond to my cancelation

All in all it was a good place to stay for the price. However, there were no lockers (though the staff kept bags in a locked room after check-out for 5 euro each), the dorms were super crowded with barely any room to move, and the "free breakfast" consisted of a packet of biscuits and an apple in a plastic bag. The last thing was that we came back to our room after a night out to see our things unceremoniously thrown off our bunks, and new people had moved in. They had us move into another room.

Great place. Waffles were plentiful.

Very good and cheap hostel

This hostel is good for staying. Location of it is excellent. Staff were hospitable.

Rating:definitily negativ!!! No bike rental as said on the homepage. Breakfast is just a banana, an apple and some sort of cookies, that's it. The staff was no really gentle and he tried to blackmail me. He said storing luggage for 2-3h would cost 3€ but if i write a good rating then it would be for free...come on. Maybe I was to pleased by Cinnamon Sally's Hostel but Big Bed Hostel is just good for staying there cheap.

• 25th Jun 2014

Was okay. Did not get the type of room we booked. Breakfast was limited, and almost all was gone only half an hour into breakfast time. Clean but very loud.

Advantages: very good localisation, tasty fruit breakfasts, free tea and coffee for all the time and rather clean rooms with BIG beds. Disadventages: low security because of permanent stealing food from the fridge and stealing personal things (wallet belonging to girl next door).

Cool staff and nice service. Suggestion to put a couple of hangers on wall in the room. Otherwise, liked our stay. Thank you! :)

Dirty and small rooms and bathrooms. The breakfast consist in a banana, apple and 3 cookies, the fruit was almost expiring. we couldn't pay by card because the machine didn't work and we had to go to the supermarket to buy the breakfast for the hostel , OUSTRAGEOUS!!!!!. i will never come back.

Breakfast and location is good . But when we want to leave our bags in luggage room , they told us normally it's 5 € but if you leave a good rewiew it's free. What kind of hostel bribe their customers ?

no lockers in shared rooms. staff was nice, good location

The hostel is situated at a 10minutes walk from the old town, the staff are extra friendly and helpful and even the drom room was quiet. Everything was rather clean too!

• 20th May 2014
  • Greece

Despite of the sarcasm from the staff lady during my check-out (18 May), this is the best hostel in the city, after visiting Riga several times. Hopefully I will choose this place for lodging again. Thanks for everything.

Stressful atmosphere. I asked the manager if they could serve the breakfast earlier for those who leave earlier. he said No. I asked if they can give some type of discount for those who don't get to eat the breakfast. The Manager said that I should be ashamed of myself for asking this, started insulting me and attempted to give me some change from his pocket, as if I was a beggar. I didn't come out of the room that night to avoid meeting the manager again.

- No curtains in the bedrooms. I couldn't sleep good because the sun was shining in my face to early. - Good showers, but no place to put the towel. - Helpfull staff - Some rooms were a little dusty. - The beds weren't very cumfortable Overall it was a good hostel, and for the price we paid, we couldn't expect more.

• 16th May 2014

The staff was except for the cleaning lady was amazing, just it is not polite to clean and change when somebody is still trying to sleep.

• 9th May 2014