Big Bed Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 5th/6th floor, Riga, Latvia

Just to crash for one or two nights, not more! Lockers didn't work, there were some strange people, staff not very helpful. BUT good location and good price (even breakfast included).

"Breakfast" is only biskuits and a banana. Kitchen is very dirty and showers are smelly!

A great location, next to the train station, market and old city. Dirty and very badly smelly showers and toilets

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Romania

I would not choose to stay here unless it were a last option. It was not clean. The atmosphere was weird, the bathrooms dirty and there were no lockers available to keep your things safe. The staff were nice so I felt bad for them as there is nothing they can do with regards to the awful facilities.

I think there is a big problem with cleanliness, in showers, toilets and there is not a soup to wash the cups that people use for coffee, just water. Also, we saw a guy (that we think he lives there or something, because he always stay there) traying to open our locker. In the room is not a curtains, so early in the morning the sun and noise from the street is really disgusting.

The showers need maintenance, specially because the water doesn't drain well. In general, shower and kitchen facilities could be cleaner.

I have been impresse by good wellcom service and all facility In adition a good and qualité breakfast Italie à very good location central I réserve tais adresse ton comédien background son and recommande ton my friend

• 18th Jul 2015

Coffee and tea all day provide. The staff upgrade our stay without any surcharge due to the10 bed dorm has full. Nice and helpful staff.

They don't take credit card payment and don't give advanced warning. Toilet and shower facilities are inadequate and dirty. Rooms are dirty and sheets look to have been previously used. Rooms very dusty. Hostel is in an office building with no signage and appears to be occupying the space illegally.

Simple breakfast but enough to start the day. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The conditions are only average - could be cleaner overall - but very good value for the price, plus great location. I would recommend this place for every budget traveller.

The worst hostel ever! Long-term residents were cooking in the room, and the staff didn't do anything about it! The worst thing was my bedding smelled disgusting. I requested the bedding-covers to be changed, but staffs wouldn't have any of it. She told me there is no more covers left. I'm not a picky person. But after sleeping in the bed, I really had to take a shower and change the hostel. Whenever I turned my head, I smelled something disgusting. The staff should have checked my bedding!

Good price. Location could not have been better! Beds are big and rooms are pretty spacious. Kitchen and showers were in disrepair. Many tenants were older men, probably temporary foreign workers looking for cheap accommodation. They offer very nice lockers, but there is only one key per dorm, so the rooms are always open. Kitchen was very poorly stocked and it's unlikely you are traveling with pots and pans. "Breakfast" is a sizable packet of biscuits and some fruit. Not what I expected.