Big Blue Backpackers Reviews

7 Vesperdene Road, Green Point CT 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

Big Blue is a large, busy hostel. As such, it has a lot of amenities - a huge kitchen, pool, lively bar, good WiFi, staff that can arrange tours, taxis, and advise you on most things. We had a double enquire room that was clean and a good size. The location is the best part - it is perfectly situated in Greenpoint near restaurants, supermarkets, and the Waterfront. We had a great time.

Amazing as always. The staff here are more like family, a home away from home... ☺️

• 20th Sep 2015

I would recommend The Big Blue everybody!

The location was my favourite part but I also enjoyed the spacious feel of the place.

Amazing staff, amazing people, amazing atmosphere. Well done, Big Blue. Well done. I'll be sure to recommend this place to anyone visiting Cape Town. All of the staff was exceptional except for the Sound Policeman.

• 7th Jul 2015

We had a wonderfull stay at Big Blue. Very nice people and they offer nice tours for a good price. 10 min walk to the waterfront and longstreet. Great!

A cheap place to stay, quiet and close to the beautiful water front. Helpful with activities. Not the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in but perfectly adequate for what we needed. This was my second stay and I would stay here again :)

Location is good easy for mycity bus system, lots of long term people locals and working tourist so vib bit strange they all seem to run the place, bar good, wifi limited at times if to many people trying to get on. Kitchen has weard feel with long termers hard to find frige space or other storage space. Lockers room are ok bring your lock. Not an over party place like Longstreet so can get sleep.!

I had a great stay at the big Blue Backpackers. The staff was really nice and the facilities really clean. Nice pool and really spacious rooms. Convenient location. Would stay there anytime again!

Great place to stay, good location and friendly staff