Big Blue Backpackers Reviews

7 Vesperdene Road, Green Point CT 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

Great stay,

• 8th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

I've lived in Cape Town for many years and in addition am the co-host at Karma Backpackers in the Eastern Free State. From the perspective of a Cape Town resident, I believe that the hostel is remarkable: the prices are very reasonable, the building is very conveniently situated (South Africans and visitors alike will appreciate the Woolworths Food shop on the doorstep, never mind the near amenities) and for its age, it is both attractive and well maintained. A special treat. for me.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Really nice hostel. Relaxing atmosphere, and has everything you need. Very "Cape Town" feeling.

Value for money at Big Blue was well worth it. It's not fancy but we booked a double room with ensuite and were very comfortable with our spacious room. As a woman I would feel more comfortable with a better lock in the door at night. You can't beat the central location, its literally a 7 minute walk down to the V

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Good place to stay for a few nights. Two of the four staff are very friendly, kind and helpful. The other two (a new lady and the manager/owner) not so much. The new lady didn't seem to care much for guests and was quite rude for most times and not at all helpful. The manager was a bit aggressive and didn't hesitate to shout at other staff in front of guests, and occasionally at guests. Showers/bathrooms could have been a lot cleaner. Hosts should consider having soap dispensers by the sinks.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Had a very nice stay at this property. Excellent location with easy access to the waterfront and lots of good restaurants. Also a very secure hostel. All in all a great value and a good experience.

This was my first time in a back packers and I am 59. My friend is 65. We thought it was such fun. It was recommended to me and I will recommend Big Blue to whoever I can. Thanks for asking. Kind regards, Linda.

• 2nd Mar 2014