Big Blue Backpackers Reviews

7 Vesperdene Road, Green Point CT 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

Really nice hostel. Relaxing atmosphere, and has everything you need. Very "Cape Town" feeling.

Good place to stay for a few nights. Two of the four staff are very friendly, kind and helpful. The other two (a new lady and the manager/owner) not so much. The new lady didn't seem to care much for guests and was quite rude for most times and not at all helpful. The manager was a bit aggressive and didn't hesitate to shout at other staff in front of guests, and occasionally at guests. Showers/bathrooms could have been a lot cleaner. Hosts should consider having soap dispensers by the sinks.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Had a very nice stay at this property. Excellent location with easy access to the waterfront and lots of good restaurants. Also a very secure hostel. All in all a great value and a good experience.

This was my first time in a back packers and I am 59. My friend is 65. We thought it was such fun. It was recommended to me and I will recommend Big Blue to whoever I can. Thanks for asking. Kind regards, Linda.

• 2nd Mar 2014