Big Blue Backpackers Reviews

7 Vesperdene Road, Green Point CT 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

This was my first time in a back packers and I am 59. My friend is 65. We thought it was such fun. It was recommended to me and I will recommend Big Blue to whoever I can. Thanks for asking. Kind regards, Linda.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Great big beautiful house, nicely set up to accommodate everyone. Lovely pool and lounge area and great for insomniacs like myself running around at night. Super close to shops, restaurants and the v&a waterfront making it very nice to sight see. Cape Town is beautiful and big blue will Definetly see me again

I was disappointed beacuse I Big Blue did not take my whole stay booking. I was moved out of Big Blue from the 2nd of January to the alternative accommodation that was horable, Fawlty Towers. Bid Blue told me on the 15th of December that they have their regular customer booked from the 2nd of January and they can only acccommodate me from 30th of December to the 1st of Jan. I was very much disappointed. But I still Love the place.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • South Africa

We were quite pleased by the place. You got everything you need in walking distance, even the waterfront is 15 minutes walking distance. The WiFi is pretty bad though, but you're in Cape Town, you should be going out anyaway...

Stayed over Christmas superb. Made to feel very welcome. Great staff who cooked up Christmas dinner. Met some great people. Ill be back

We felt very good in the Big Blue, the staff was very helpfull. Just the bathroom is very poor (yet clean); to find the switcher for the light is difficult, there is no soap etc., snd the towels are very old. Besides this - the hostel is very good.

Fairly cheap, free internet and wifi but at a sacrifice of not much atmosphere. Bar was empty every night I was there and the vast majority of guests were watching television or using computers... not a very social environment. But if you're not looking for that, it's a good location, has a good kitchen, is close to a supermarket and walking distance to Waterfront. They also book any tour you're interested in.

The hostel is near Waterfront area and is quite close to the main street in Greenpoint. The place is quite cool and the staff running it are extremely helpful and social. The hostel has a very good vibe to it and you meet lots of interesting people who are traveling as well. They have good wi-fi, pool table, inexpensie vtours and braai facilities. The best thing for me about the hostel was the staff running it who I ended up being friends with and who made my Cape Town experience amazing.