Big Blue Backpackers Reviews

7 Vesperdene Road, Green Point CT 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

We had a wonderfull stay at Big Blue. Very nice people and they offer nice tours for a good price. 10 min walk to the waterfront and longstreet. Great!

A cheap place to stay, quiet and close to the beautiful water front. Helpful with activities. Not the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in but perfectly adequate for what we needed. This was my second stay and I would stay here again :)

Location is good easy for mycity bus system, lots of long term people locals and working tourist so vib bit strange they all seem to run the place, bar good, wifi limited at times if to many people trying to get on. Kitchen has weard feel with long termers hard to find frige space or other storage space. Lockers room are ok bring your lock. Not an over party place like Longstreet so can get sleep.!

I had a great stay at the big Blue Backpackers. The staff was really nice and the facilities really clean. Nice pool and really spacious rooms. Convenient location. Would stay there anytime again!

Great place to stay, good location and friendly staff

Had a good time in this hostel in Cape Town, it's a bit far from Long street but right next to the Marina where you can have great food! friendly staff, great rooms with lockers!

Everything was amazing. The staff was actually very good apart from the manager who was really rude. He confronted the staff in front of everyone on various occasions and he was really rude when I asked him a question on various occasions. The other staff was actually really nice and very helpful. They just seemed a bit stressed and sad after the manager confronted them. I do not know the managers name but it was a white guy with dark hair, rather big build.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Was only there for one night, staff were really helpful, relaxed and friendly and pretty organised for such a big place. Other guests seemed to have a good rapour with them. Mattress was not too comfortable, could feel the slats under me. There are lockers in the rooms but I think you have to bring your own padlock and mine was taken up with someone else's stuff. Had I been staying longer I probably would have done something about and it would have been fine! Very good value for money, thanks!

Going back there for my next Cape Town Stay

The hostel is good for staying, good location, close to a supermarket and 2 bus stops that take you everywhere. However, I couldn't connect the wifi and one of the staff said that the problem was my new iPhone 5, and suggested me to buy a Samsung. Was rude.