Big Blue Backpackers Reviews

7 Vesperdene Road, Green Point CT 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

Was only there for one night, staff were really helpful, relaxed and friendly and pretty organised for such a big place. Other guests seemed to have a good rapour with them. Mattress was not too comfortable, could feel the slats under me. There are lockers in the rooms but I think you have to bring your own padlock and mine was taken up with someone else's stuff. Had I been staying longer I probably would have done something about and it would have been fine! Very good value for money, thanks!

Going back there for my next Cape Town Stay

The hostel is good for staying, good location, close to a supermarket and 2 bus stops that take you everywhere. However, I couldn't connect the wifi and one of the staff said that the problem was my new iPhone 5, and suggested me to buy a Samsung. Was rude.

Close to the waterfront, safe location. Clean rooms. Kitchen was not clean and messy. Place not really convivial. Internet not working when too many people want to use it No bathroom for men at first floor so need to go groundfloor.

huge accommodation but makes it feel a little less friendly, however great facilities, location and near shop and cash point and v&a waterfront! so secure i almost couldnt get in or out!

Great location for Waterfront but this hostel needs a lot of updating/maintenance to match other near by hostels. Admittedly it is very cheap but you get what you pay for. Atlantic Point is just round the corner and is much better value.

Good location with Waterfront and city centre within walking distance. Outdoor areas could be nicer, but good value for the money.

Close to the waterfront and plenty of restaurants. Felt safe walking around this area by myself. Vaughn was extremely helpful & accommodating, although the female that tended to work at night gave the impression you were bothering her if you asked her anything. Be careful as they use a lot of bleach to clean. I dropped some clothes while getting ready to take a shower and they all ended up getting ruined with bleach spots.

Jeanette, Greedo, Von (sorry if the spelling of your names is wrong !) and all the staff welcome you very friendly at the Big Blue. Ideally situated between the beaches and the center (you can reach both easily by bus), this lodge is clean and safe. I did'nt book any tour but there is a large choice. I met nice people and really enjoyed this place !!! ;)) Thank you and hope to see you soon !! Sophie (From France)