Big Blue Backpackers Reviews

7 Vesperdene Road, Green Point CT 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

I enjoyed my stay, very nice and located well close to everything that you can imagine and definitely i am coming again. Thanks

Pretty good place based on location. Atmosphere was a bit strange. People just really keep to themselves. Staff was nice and helpful.

Great hostel with good vibes and good facilities. Little bit noisy from the street as well as from inside. But never annoying. Showers are hot and breakfast is basic but good. Absolutely value for money Anne would stay again.

Amazing Location, Lovely and helpful staffs, Clean and save. Good Vibe! Definitely stay there again. Highly recommend this Hostel.

Amazing kitchen to use, and amazing location. Love the staff and the cat was a plus ;) We stayed for two weeks here after extending a few times. Love Big Blue!!

Friendly staff that will help if you ask, clean beds and close to the waterfront. Only small let down was the wifi was a little temperamental but the computers there were pretty good.

• 3rd Nov 2015

Big Blue is an awesome backpackers with really good vibes. The pricing is the most reasonable in the area, and arguably all of Cape Town. The quality is good and the facility is clean. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Cape Town!

• 11th Oct 2015

Big Blue is a large, busy hostel. As such, it has a lot of amenities - a huge kitchen, pool, lively bar, good WiFi, staff that can arrange tours, taxis, and advise you on most things. We had a double enquire room that was clean and a good size. The location is the best part - it is perfectly situated in Greenpoint near restaurants, supermarkets, and the Waterfront. We had a great time.

Amazing as always. The staff here are more like family, a home away from home... ☺️

• 20th Sep 2015

I would recommend The Big Blue everybody!

The location was my favourite part but I also enjoyed the spacious feel of the place.

Amazing staff, amazing people, amazing atmosphere. Well done, Big Blue. Well done. I'll be sure to recommend this place to anyone visiting Cape Town. All of the staff was exceptional except for the Sound Policeman.

• 7th Jul 2015

We had a wonderfull stay at Big Blue. Very nice people and they offer nice tours for a good price. 10 min walk to the waterfront and longstreet. Great!

A cheap place to stay, quiet and close to the beautiful water front. Helpful with activities. Not the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in but perfectly adequate for what we needed. This was my second stay and I would stay here again :)

Location is good easy for mycity bus system, lots of long term people locals and working tourist so vib bit strange they all seem to run the place, bar good, wifi limited at times if to many people trying to get on. Kitchen has weard feel with long termers hard to find frige space or other storage space. Lockers room are ok bring your lock. Not an over party place like Longstreet so can get sleep.!

I had a great stay at the big Blue Backpackers. The staff was really nice and the facilities really clean. Nice pool and really spacious rooms. Convenient location. Would stay there anytime again!

Great place to stay, good location and friendly staff

Had a good time in this hostel in Cape Town, it's a bit far from Long street but right next to the Marina where you can have great food! friendly staff, great rooms with lockers!

Everything was amazing. The staff was actually very good apart from the manager who was really rude. He confronted the staff in front of everyone on various occasions and he was really rude when I asked him a question on various occasions. The other staff was actually really nice and very helpful. They just seemed a bit stressed and sad after the manager confronted them. I do not know the managers name but it was a white guy with dark hair, rather big build.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Was only there for one night, staff were really helpful, relaxed and friendly and pretty organised for such a big place. Other guests seemed to have a good rapour with them. Mattress was not too comfortable, could feel the slats under me. There are lockers in the rooms but I think you have to bring your own padlock and mine was taken up with someone else's stuff. Had I been staying longer I probably would have done something about and it would have been fine! Very good value for money, thanks!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7