Big Blue Backpackers Reviews

7 Vesperdene Road, Green Point CT 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

The hostel is good for staying, good location, close to a supermarket and 2 bus stops that take you everywhere. However, I couldn't connect the wifi and one of the staff said that the problem was my new iPhone 5, and suggested me to buy a Samsung. Was rude.

Close to the waterfront, safe location. Clean rooms. Kitchen was not clean and messy. Place not really convivial. Internet not working when too many people want to use it No bathroom for men at first floor so need to go groundfloor.

huge accommodation but makes it feel a little less friendly, however great facilities, location and near shop and cash point and v&a waterfront! so secure i almost couldnt get in or out!

Great location for Waterfront but this hostel needs a lot of updating/maintenance to match other near by hostels. Admittedly it is very cheap but you get what you pay for. Atlantic Point is just round the corner and is much better value.

Good location with Waterfront and city centre within walking distance. Outdoor areas could be nicer, but good value for the money.

Jeanette, Greedo, Von (sorry if the spelling of your names is wrong !) and all the staff welcome you very friendly at the Big Blue. Ideally situated between the beaches and the center (you can reach both easily by bus), this lodge is clean and safe. I did'nt book any tour but there is a large choice. I met nice people and really enjoyed this place !!! ;)) Thank you and hope to see you soon !! Sophie (From France)

We had a nice time at the hostel, location is perfect, very close to the Waterfront, there are loads of good shops, cafés and restaurants right next to the hostel, staff are very helpful and friendly.

• 20th Sep 2014

Love Big Blu. Most awesome backpackers on the planet. And new hot babes on the daily :)

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • South Africa

We had a very goed stay at the big blue b/p. The kitchen was very clean. We sleep at a dorm for female it was really good. Big blue is 10 minutes walk to waterfront.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Strategically located near to the waterfront make a walk in no time, free wifi, hot shower and a clean room

Great stay,

I've lived in Cape Town for many years and in addition am the co-host at Karma Backpackers in the Eastern Free State. From the perspective of a Cape Town resident, I believe that the hostel is remarkable: the prices are very reasonable, the building is very conveniently situated (South Africans and visitors alike will appreciate the Woolworths Food shop on the doorstep, never mind the near amenities) and for its age, it is both attractive and well maintained. A special treat. for me.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Really nice hostel. Relaxing atmosphere, and has everything you need. Very "Cape Town" feeling.

Value for money at Big Blue was well worth it. It's not fancy but we booked a double room with ensuite and were very comfortable with our spacious room. As a woman I would feel more comfortable with a better lock in the door at night. You can't beat the central location, its literally a 7 minute walk down to the V

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Good place to stay for a few nights. Two of the four staff are very friendly, kind and helpful. The other two (a new lady and the manager/owner) not so much. The new lady didn't seem to care much for guests and was quite rude for most times and not at all helpful. The manager was a bit aggressive and didn't hesitate to shout at other staff in front of guests, and occasionally at guests. Showers/bathrooms could have been a lot cleaner. Hosts should consider having soap dispensers by the sinks.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Had a very nice stay at this property. Excellent location with easy access to the waterfront and lots of good restaurants. Also a very secure hostel. All in all a great value and a good experience.

This was my first time in a back packers and I am 59. My friend is 65. We thought it was such fun. It was recommended to me and I will recommend Big Blue to whoever I can. Thanks for asking. Kind regards, Linda.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Great big beautiful house, nicely set up to accommodate everyone. Lovely pool and lounge area and great for insomniacs like myself running around at night. Super close to shops, restaurants and the v&a waterfront making it very nice to sight see. Cape Town is beautiful and big blue will Definetly see me again

I was disappointed beacuse I Big Blue did not take my whole stay booking. I was moved out of Big Blue from the 2nd of January to the alternative accommodation that was horable, Fawlty Towers. Bid Blue told me on the 15th of December that they have their regular customer booked from the 2nd of January and they can only acccommodate me from 30th of December to the 1st of Jan. I was very much disappointed. But I still Love the place.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • South Africa

We were quite pleased by the place. You got everything you need in walking distance, even the waterfront is 15 minutes walking distance. The WiFi is pretty bad though, but you're in Cape Town, you should be going out anyaway...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7