Big Blue Backpackers Reviews

7 Vesperdene Road, Green Point CT 8001, Cape Town, South Africa

I would recommend The Big Blue everybody!

The location was my favourite part but I also enjoyed the spacious feel of the place.

Amazing staff, amazing people, amazing atmosphere. Well done, Big Blue. Well done. I'll be sure to recommend this place to anyone visiting Cape Town. All of the staff was exceptional except for the Sound Policeman.

• 7th Jul 2015

We had a wonderfull stay at Big Blue. Very nice people and they offer nice tours for a good price. 10 min walk to the waterfront and longstreet. Great!

A cheap place to stay, quiet and close to the beautiful water front. Helpful with activities. Not the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in but perfectly adequate for what we needed. This was my second stay and I would stay here again :)

Location is good easy for mycity bus system, lots of long term people locals and working tourist so vib bit strange they all seem to run the place, bar good, wifi limited at times if to many people trying to get on. Kitchen has weard feel with long termers hard to find frige space or other storage space. Lockers room are ok bring your lock. Not an over party place like Longstreet so can get sleep.!

I had a great stay at the big Blue Backpackers. The staff was really nice and the facilities really clean. Nice pool and really spacious rooms. Convenient location. Would stay there anytime again!

Great place to stay, good location and friendly staff

Had a good time in this hostel in Cape Town, it's a bit far from Long street but right next to the Marina where you can have great food! friendly staff, great rooms with lockers!

Everything was amazing. The staff was actually very good apart from the manager who was really rude. He confronted the staff in front of everyone on various occasions and he was really rude when I asked him a question on various occasions. The other staff was actually really nice and very helpful. They just seemed a bit stressed and sad after the manager confronted them. I do not know the managers name but it was a white guy with dark hair, rather big build.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Was only there for one night, staff were really helpful, relaxed and friendly and pretty organised for such a big place. Other guests seemed to have a good rapour with them. Mattress was not too comfortable, could feel the slats under me. There are lockers in the rooms but I think you have to bring your own padlock and mine was taken up with someone else's stuff. Had I been staying longer I probably would have done something about and it would have been fine! Very good value for money, thanks!

Going back there for my next Cape Town Stay

The hostel is good for staying, good location, close to a supermarket and 2 bus stops that take you everywhere. However, I couldn't connect the wifi and one of the staff said that the problem was my new iPhone 5, and suggested me to buy a Samsung. Was rude.

Close to the waterfront, safe location. Clean rooms. Kitchen was not clean and messy. Place not really convivial. Internet not working when too many people want to use it No bathroom for men at first floor so need to go groundfloor.

huge accommodation but makes it feel a little less friendly, however great facilities, location and near shop and cash point and v&a waterfront! so secure i almost couldnt get in or out!

Great location for Waterfront but this hostel needs a lot of updating/maintenance to match other near by hostels. Admittedly it is very cheap but you get what you pay for. Atlantic Point is just round the corner and is much better value.

Good location with Waterfront and city centre within walking distance. Outdoor areas could be nicer, but good value for the money.

They upgrade me to a single room! Thank you. It was a bit empty but i met people in the bar.

Close to the waterfront and plenty of restaurants. Felt safe walking around this area by myself. Vaughn was extremely helpful & accommodating, although the female that tended to work at night gave the impression you were bothering her if you asked her anything. Be careful as they use a lot of bleach to clean. I dropped some clothes while getting ready to take a shower and they all ended up getting ruined with bleach spots.

Jeanette, Greedo, Von (sorry if the spelling of your names is wrong !) and all the staff welcome you very friendly at the Big Blue. Ideally situated between the beaches and the center (you can reach both easily by bus), this lodge is clean and safe. I did'nt book any tour but there is a large choice. I met nice people and really enjoyed this place !!! ;)) Thank you and hope to see you soon !! Sophie (From France)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7