Big Chill Hostel Reviews

Rua da Ponta da Piedade, Lt23, Lagos, Portugal

Karly, kaz, and lee were the bomb. Stay at Big Chill because you can either party hard or just chill at the hostel and watch a movie and eat pizza. They've got it all!

The guy working there was the least welcoming of any hostel host I have ever come across in my 13 years of hosteling and he said "bro" way to much. His sister wasn't as rude though, and neither was the other girl who didn't really speak English (she had some good vibrations)...and the free breakfast was probably worst than any of the so called free "breakfasts" all across Spain and portugal. I'm trying to find something nice to say....I really want to....hum

Fantastic place to stay, feels like home from the minute you walk in. Lee is the man

Great location right near the beach. Staff was very nice and they had a fun bar crawl.

• 15th May 2015

Always an amazing place to stay, great environment created by the staff, instantly feel at home and welcome . This was my third time of staying there and it won't be my last. Love the location. Love the facilities. Love the free breakfast at a reasonable hour rather than too early. Love the vibe. The hostel is clean tidy and respected by all other travellers too. It's secure and very close to the beach. Great place to stay for any traveller! I love it.

Excellent staff. Lovely hostel, very welcoming and informative! Always clean. Excellent location, very close to beach nightlife.

• 11th May 2015

I would not recommend this hostel at all. The door was broken, the phone did not work, the printer out of service, very poor breakfast. The unique selling point was the location. Apart from that, it is not worth it to go there.

• 10th May 2015

Fabulous atmosphere, great location, and amazing people. The facilities were somewhat subpar - the washrooms were a bit gross, and the shower didn't really work. Also, the washer/dryer and hot tub were not working, and it would have been nice to know that ahead of time.

• 8th May 2015

Had such a fantastic time here! Definitely recommend it. Great location with awesome staff.

This place is the bomb. The location is perfect, the hostel super clean, we'll run and tons of character. You guys rocked our world, we would stay again in a heartbeat. Katie & Kylie :)

• 25th Apr 2015

Great hostel! Lee and Carly were amazing hosts and everything ran super smoothly. Location is unbeatable and vibe and all was great!

• 24th Apr 2015

Great place to stay if your looking to relax at the beaches, do water sports, boating, etc. The center is very small but with some shopping and great bars for nightlife! Unfortunately, my room was like in the kitchen... literally, walk into the kitchen to get to my bedroom. Room was great other than that, cozy bed, clean bathroom, plenty of space for storage.

I stayed here for 2 days. It located in right next to praia dona ana beach and only takes 5 minutes on foot to praia do camilo. But it is far away from bus terminal(30 minutes on foot) and 15-20 minutes to town. The room is a bit cold and has a single bed sheet. There was extra blanket in closet but it was messy with someone's hair and dust. Bathroom was clean and hot water available all time.

Great hostel! Very welcoming and friendly. Lee was extremely helpful and put my friends and me In the same room even though we biked separately. Breakfast is basic cereal and toast. About 20-25 minute walk to the city centre but close to a couple of other beaches. 8 minute walk to Qwazi, a very cheap but excellent restaurant! Management is great! I accidentally booked for March instead of April and Lee changed my reservation no problem.

Had a good stay here. Next to beach and about a 5 minute walk to town. Big lounge with cable tv. Friendly host