Big Chill Hostel Reviews

Rua da Ponta da Piedade, Lt23, Lagos, Portugal

We really liked our stay at the Big Chill Hostel. The staff was very nice, the beds comfortable and there's also breakfast included. Bathrooms were clean and it's located next to the beach (3 min walk). I'll go back there next time I'll be in Lagos.

If you're looking for an amazing hostel, this is it! Sure, it's a little out of the way, but you're way closer to the beaches. The wonderful manager, Lee, makes sure that you are enjoying your time in the hostel. Rooftop patios, big comfy main room, clean kitchens, there is tons of space in this hostel! What we particularly enjoyed about this hostel was the fact that it gave you the option to party all you want in the city, but come back to an quiet, calm neighborhood. The LAF Canadians :)

nice hostel there where just a coulpe of things that where bad like the showers and and lockers

Someone (coming back from partying) left the door open all Saturday night which was annoying. The staff/owner are very party party which is great at night but leads to a slightly inefficient hostel. Also, they do not accept credit cards, which they did not tell us until the last minute, so we had to go withdraw money at night to pay. However, my experience there was still very enjoyable and I would recommend this hostel to a friend. It certainly deserves it's name of Big Chill.

• 25th Jul 2014

Lagos is an awesome place for partying in the night and chilling in the day and you won't find a better hostel than this for that!! I have stayed in heaps of hostels and this takes the cake. All the people are very social and no one is just hanging out in the rooms they have a soccer table and darts and the spa. Pub crawls or activities everyday 3-5 min walk to the beach and 5-10 to the heart of town highly recommend this hostel also big mention to a cool fella Lee who runs the hostel!!!

Absolutely loved the Chill. Great atmosphere and only a short walk to the beach and Old Town. Lee was awesome and so helpful with everything! Definitely be going back!!!

Had an amazing Time! The place was great! Will definitly tell my friends about the place!

• 15th Jul 2014

Loved this place! Really friendly staff and lots of trips are organised through the hostel which is good. The hostel is so close to an absolutely beautiful beach, literally 5mins walk away. I would definitely go back again.

Great atmosphere if you're wanting a social hostel, Lee is very lively and friendly towards all the guests. Bit of a walk from the centre of town, but very close to one of the great beaches. The female only bathroom was good, otherwise the other toilets were quite cramped. Two kitchens, wifi throughout the rooms, and there's always other people around to meet, especially on weekends. All in all lots of fun.

Great place attracts great people. So glad I stayed here as I met some top people and Lee your a champ!

Lee even rubbed sunscreen on my back, a true gentleman

The best hostel in lagos!! Thanks lee :)

• 2nd Jul 2014

The best hostel in Lagos lee is the man

Lee is the man and makes you feel like a part of his own family without being fake and flakey about it. Awesome party hostel and right next to an awesome beach. Only regret I have is that I didn't stay there longer. Cheers Lee mate, I had a great time at Big Chill!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay. Right next to the beaches and a cool atmosphere

It was okay.

Lovely Staff

Great experience overall. The hostel is located really close to some of the worlds most beautiful beaches (closest 5 min walk/ farthest 20 min walk) Lee the manager is a machine and does the job of 5 people, all with a big smile and great attitude. The facilities are wonderful- nice common areas, well equipped kitchens, good wifi and outdoor space. We were there sun-Tuesday and were still able to rally groups to go out drinking. Thurs-Saturday Lee does pub crawls and we heard they're great.

Fantastic hostel with a great vibe. Escape from the grind of lagos and chill in the common area or take a short walk to some of the amazing beaches. Lee is very accommodating and makes you always feel welcome. Booked 3 nights and stayed an extra 3. Thats how much i enjoyed it. Would and have recommended it to anyone i meet!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great atmosphere, easily affordable to anyone, perfect for chilling or partying. The staff make it what it is, Lee goes above and beyond to make sure you have the best time. Definitely returning!