Big Chill Hostel Reviews

Rua da Ponta da Piedade, Lt23, Lagos, Portugal

Big chill was awesome! Great location 10 minute walk to town and 10 minute walk to amazing beaches. Lee was very helpful and always up for a laugh! The other staff were always friendly and happy to help. Great place to chill or go on the bar crawl on Wednesday and Saturday nights. Great kitchen for cooking and doing your own thing and we had a BBQ one night which was nice as well. Would stay here again! Would recommend this place!

First time at a hostel, and it was a great experiance. Staff were awesome!

The place was really nice, even if I didn't like some of the people who worked there. Good position, in 10-15 minutes you are in the centre of lagos.

We had such a great time at Big Chill. The staff are fabulous, so welcoming and friendly, and very happy to help out with anything you may need.

• 24th Jul 2015

Staff were great and incredibly helpful. The only minor downside is there are no mirrors in the rooms so sometimes the bathroom go held up because girls were doing their makeup and the shower was hand held with no sturdy cradle at the top if you wanted that option.

• 13th Jul 2015

My boy-friend and i have spent a great time in Big Chill Hostel! It is situated very close to beautifull beaches, not far from city center. Besidesit takes you 10 minutes to get to lighthouse with amazing view to the coast. Staff was very friendly, game nights were incfedibly funny! Very nice house with a good view from the rooftop. Thank you guys for great time!

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Russia

Had a good stay here. Staff were very friendly and facilities were good. Only downside is that it is quite a long walk outside of town (10-15 mins) so if I were to return to Lagos I would probably stay in the city centre. However, right near two of the beaches which was great.

Door to bedroom didn't lock and no swipe cards, shower didn't stay on wall- either had to hold it or go and find another shower- even though we had paid for an ensuit, hand soap pump didn't work, not enough plugs in room, no air on, spa broken, unpleasant breakfast

Thanks for the great stay Lee, Kaz and Karly!! Wish we could have stayed longer! Hope to see you again soon. Kirsten & Eloise xx

• 10th Jul 2015

Absolutely fantastic staff and vibe! With it being my first time at a hostel I'd expected it to be just a place to stay but everyone at Big Chill is incredibly friendly and more than welcoming, with their main concern being that everyone is having a good time whether it be relaxing during the day or partying at night. With a great location, great views and well kept facilities, this is hands down, the number one place to be! Thank you Big Chill!!! You made our stay one to remember!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Warning! Praia dona ana is half closed and has heavy machinery going on until april 2016...however you have access to other VERY beautiful beaches closeby (even better in my opinion). As for the hostel...Goods: very nice staff, good location for beaches, very cool pub crawl 2 times a week, good free breakfast. Bads: gets a little dirty before the daily cleaning...overall good hostel! (note to hostel: PLEASE invest in some 5 euro bathroom hook locks...means the world to guests to have a lock)

I choose this hostel for location to the beaches and wanted a quieter stay after a busy city and late nights. The staff are very friendly, lovely people who take great care with their guests. They even took us out at night. The downside was, the hot tub, computer and fridge are all not working. Property is lacking small maintenance needs. Also I stayed a small two bed room with ensuite, which for my 3 nights stay the bathroom not cleaned. Next time I would look for another option.

Lovely people, lovely place! Perfect if you're looking for a chilled out break

• 21st Jun 2015

A brilliant hostel! Fantastic atmosphere, welcoming staff, great facilities and so close to some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen.

I just loved the super chill and friendly atmosphere of big chill!! The place truly felt like a safe home than a hostel. Really nice kitchen and common areas (including balcony and rooftop terrace!), bathrooms could have been fresher but i didn't mind. Great location a little bit outside the city center by the best beaches. Definitely recommended!!!!!

This hostel has the greatest atmosphere and definitely lives up to its name, very chill! But still very social which was awesome! The staff instantly make you feel like family. And although the location may not be in the center of town, its right next to the beaches which is what makes the Algarve worth visiting! Definitely coming back to this hostel and I would definitely recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Lagos! The Big Chill is amazing all around!

• 29th May 2015

I loved the place ! I had a really nice time there with the staff and the hostel was amaising ! I won a beerpong tournament with my friend when I was there, We went out with the staff, everybody was really nice and I had an amaising time in Lagos !

One of the best hostels I've stayed at, so friendly everyone gets treated like family, and will help you with anything you need. Great location right near the beach and walking distance to town. I'll definitely be back to stay here.

Lee, Kaz, Karly, and Leah.. You guys were and are amazing. Really felt at home with Big Chills. Great location( closest hostel to the best beaches in Lagos as far as I know.) Staff members? They're basically families. Highly recommended to those who are looking for a super-chilled, homelike hostel. Sean

This has been one of my best hostel experiences ever. The staff is great, very accommodating and friendly. The manager, Lee is the best! Everyone is treated like family and it's such a relaxed atmosphere. The staff also organizes different activities like a free pub crawl, pizza and movie night, and a bbq. The location is also great a short walk to great beaches and a 10 to 15 minute walk to town. This hostel is a great value for your money and I would definitely stay here again.

• 23rd May 2015