Big Chill Hostel Reviews

Rua da Ponta da Piedade, Lt23, Lagos, Portugal

Had an amazing Time! The place was great! Will definitly tell my friends about the place!

• 15th Jul 2014

Loved this place! Really friendly staff and lots of trips are organised through the hostel which is good. The hostel is so close to an absolutely beautiful beach, literally 5mins walk away. I would definitely go back again.

Great atmosphere if you're wanting a social hostel, Lee is very lively and friendly towards all the guests. Bit of a walk from the centre of town, but very close to one of the great beaches. The female only bathroom was good, otherwise the other toilets were quite cramped. Two kitchens, wifi throughout the rooms, and there's always other people around to meet, especially on weekends. All in all lots of fun.

Great place attracts great people. So glad I stayed here as I met some top people and Lee your a champ!

Lee even rubbed sunscreen on my back, a true gentleman

The best hostel in lagos!! Thanks lee :)

• 2nd Jul 2014

The best hostel in Lagos lee is the man

Lee is the man and makes you feel like a part of his own family without being fake and flakey about it. Awesome party hostel and right next to an awesome beach. Only regret I have is that I didn't stay there longer. Cheers Lee mate, I had a great time at Big Chill!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay. Right next to the beaches and a cool atmosphere

It was okay.

Great experience overall. The hostel is located really close to some of the worlds most beautiful beaches (closest 5 min walk/ farthest 20 min walk) Lee the manager is a machine and does the job of 5 people, all with a big smile and great attitude. The facilities are wonderful- nice common areas, well equipped kitchens, good wifi and outdoor space. We were there sun-Tuesday and were still able to rally groups to go out drinking. Thurs-Saturday Lee does pub crawls and we heard they're great.

Fantastic hostel with a great vibe. Escape from the grind of lagos and chill in the common area or take a short walk to some of the amazing beaches. Lee is very accommodating and makes you always feel welcome. Booked 3 nights and stayed an extra 3. Thats how much i enjoyed it. Would and have recommended it to anyone i meet!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great atmosphere, easily affordable to anyone, perfect for chilling or partying. The staff make it what it is, Lee goes above and beyond to make sure you have the best time. Definitely returning!

• 11th Jun 2014

Had a brilliant time at the big chill

Big Chill is the right name for this hostel. It is within 10-minute walk distance from the city center and very close to two great beaches and marvelous Ponta da Piedade. Lee, the hostel owner is friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm on the rooftop that even during the midday heat was a great place to hide and cool down. Big Chill is a good place to relax and meet people.

Great place to stay

We had an awesome time at Big Chill! Lee and Sanna were super welcoming and helpful! Highly recommend!

Great stay, awesome comfortable atmosphere! The hostel seems to attract friendly, relaxed people.

• 23rd May 2014

Big Chill was the best hostel I've stayed at on my trip, we even extended our stay. The Lee and Sana are amazing staff, there's a ton of activities that they will book for you (I did kayaking and biked and my friend took a surf lesson), its super close to the beaches and the atmosphere is fun and relaxed. Every night we had something else going on; bbq, pub crawl, games or just watching a movie it was always entertaining. If you dont stay here you're missing out, Big Chill made my trip in Lagos.

Amazing week. Booked 3 nights to be sure. Ended up staying 6. Most chill time you can have in any hostel in Europe. Lee runs the place like everyone is part of a big family. I didn't want to leave. Not as far as you think from the bars and shops. It's all too easy. I should just stay here for the summer. Big cook ups and cheap pub crawls will be nice to your wallet. Cheers for the hospitality.