7.8
Very Good 295 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 295 Total Reviews
Big Chill Hostel Located at Rua da Ponta da Piedade, Lt23, , Lagos.
Portugal
Lagos Lagos/ Algarve 8600 Rua da Ponta da Piedade, Lt23
78% 295
37.0900712 -8.6720967
    Rooms available

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
25th Oct 2016
6.0

I made a booking but could not make it for the night and had to forfeit or stay. I called to enquire if I could cancel my booking but tee person who answered my call could not speak English. She then passed the phone to another staff member who AGAIN could not speak English and left me hanging on the line for a long time until I ultimately hung up on my own. Not a very good experience for me.

• New Zealand, Couple, 18-24
18th Oct 2016

Due to visiting in October we were the only ones staying so it lived up to the name the big chill! The atmosphere would be great in summer. Location was great! Awesome kitchen and rooftop. However heads up the bathrooms are quiet small, and get very slippery no bath matts supplied, my clumsiness landed me a black eye haha. The young guy working was great and nice! However the older lady was rude when she found out we extended our stay, made us feel awkward and unwelcome for our last night

• France, Female, 18-24
15th Sep 2016

The staff were friendly, helpful and professional, all of our requests were attended to. The room was comfortable, the commons places were great , a big terrase behind with enough place to eat and relax. It's a really nice place to chill after the beach. The location is great, next to an amazing beach. I recommended this place !

• Austria, Couple, 18-24
13th Sep 2016

Amazing place to meet new people, explore Lagos and have some fun!

6th Sep 2016
6.3

The hostel has a lot of potential, but seems to need some maintenance in a few key areas. Good location if you want to be close to the popular beaches. Security could be better at the main door, which is often left open or unlocked.Wifi is spotty at best. Showers are weak and one overflows because there seems to be a problem with the drain. Atmosphere of guests and staff is real good; chill vibe like the name suggests. Like I said-great opportunity exists here, but some changes need to be made.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Sep 2016
5.1

I had to wait two hours to check in, once the hostel manager arrived he offered a crappy apology and no sympathy. There was no towel in the bedroom, the sink was leaking and the solution was a small bucket underneath which constantly overflowed and the window was broken. Once having left the hostel, I received a call the day later accusing me of leaving with out paying. I paid cash to the hostel manager on arrival. Unorganised hostel with no customer service, Lack of effort/care.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th Aug 2016
7.1

Big chill hostel is a great hostel if your looking to relax at the beach while you stay in Lagos. Great staff and a great location.

26th Aug 2016

Perfect location next to the best beaches in Lagos! The place felt like a house party, big family type of feel. And Miguel was great! We were a little hesitant about him, but as the day went on we learned to love him! Would go back!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Aug 2016
7.7

Cool atmosphere at this hostel, very easy to meet people and socialise. Bit out of town, however it is close to all the best beaches. Some of the bathrooms could definitely do with an upgrade.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th Aug 2016

Awesome place, miguel is a legend. Great atmosphere, right nest to amazing beaches, about a 7 min walk from the center of town. Close enough for the party, but far enough away that you can relax and get a proper nights sleep. Would stay there again for sure!