Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

My second time staying here, and it felt just like coming back to a home. Thanks to the staff at Big Fish for making my time(s) in Budapest so memorable!

Big Fish Hostel is perhaps the finest hostel I've ever stayed in and that's not something I say lightly. The rooms in the renovated apartment are spotless, the staff are welcoming, friendly and extremely knowledgeable and, moat importantly, it has a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere which makes it so easy to meet other travellers. I only spent 4 nights there but honestly could have stayed much longer. If I had one criticism the beds could be a little thicker but I'm being pretty picky.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Great hostel! It's relatively small, so everything seems a bit more personal. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Awesome location; clean and safe; free towels and laundry; and a great friendly atmosphere. Living room is a fun place to hang out, and one of the rooms has a cool loft! Only downside is that the street is pretty loud at night and the rooms get pretty hot.

• 13th Jun 2015

It is a good hostel and the staff was friendly. Perhpas it is not as centric as I expected. I recommend it as long as your main objective in Budapest is not going out every night!

nice small hostel with a nice atmospere

Great hostel. One of the smaller ones I've been to.

Amazing and helpful staff! Great location too!

Great atmosphere and location as Ive stayed here twice but the owner rips people off with laundry. 9 euros per load?? I did my laundry for free at the second hostel I stayed at in Budapest.. What a joke

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed. I'll recommend a lot! Brilliant atmosphere

It's an amazing hostel with a cool atmosphere so I loved it! :)

My friend and I just loved the hostel so much. The staff was nicer than we could have imagined, the rooms were spacious and there were 4 bathrooms for every guest to use. The "living room" is a place where you actually want to hang out and the board there lets you know about current events or offers. We definitely plan on staying there again when we go back to Budapest. Only downside was that check in was after 12pm and we had to carry our stuff with us, since we arrived 2 hours early.

• Austria

In a center of the city, you can go everywhere by just walking. Five star hostel, really beautiful, organized and original. The most friendly staff ever, communicative and I'm so glad I've met them. It's so nice that we all could chill together in a living room, and meet each other.

• Serbia

This hostel is great! Perfect location: it's in the city centre so you can find a lot of nice places within walking distance. It's very good for nightlife, you can go on foot to Szimpla, Fogsor, etc. It's clean and safe so don't worry about that. The staff is very kind and helpful. Moreover, I slept very well...comfortable beds and no noise in my room (4 beds mixed room). I recommend you Big Fish Hostel. Have a good stay :-)

• 1st May 2015

It was a pretty nice hostel and clean. It is easy to reach from the train station and the city center is walking distance. BUT: when we arrived at 11:00 am nob day was opening the door, there were already 5 other people waiting since the early morning and we couldn't stop our luggage. When we came back around 1:00pm they finally opened and we could check in. The hostel is very homy although it was quite loud during the night and the bed are a bit hard. But still good value for money :)

The rooms are nice and light.The bathrooms are also ok. It is very safe but you have to bring your own lock. Actually the Hostel is really ok BUT: for me personnaly it was too loud.of course the location is great but it is next to the street and you hear all the time the tram and the ambulance driving by. Also the walls are very slim and the flat is clairaudient!the mattresses are too thin and uncomfortable.the kitchen is too small.

Very good in general. Only issues were that there were no Bath towels, and the wood floor made very loud noises (being very disturbing late at night or early in the morning when people were moving around). The location was good. Our stay in Budapest was fantastic!

• 13th Mar 2015

This place is remarkable. I found it somewhat silly when I read other reviews describing a Hostel's atmosphere as "like a family" and thought to myself 'really?' Sure enough, it IS like a family. Welcoming, spacious, clean, and homey-this Hostel is an excellent place to unwind after some wild times in Budapest. The people who stay/live/work/visit are not squares--they're out until day-break, but they also are respectful, kind and extraordinarily helpful Stay here--You'll be glad you did

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Good location; it's also pretty cheap. Nice bathrooms, always clean, as the whole hostel. I really liked my room; there are no bunk beds, but just regular comfortable beds, which is great and makes you feel like home. The common room/kitchen was really nice as well, bright and cozy = perfect both for work and for socializing. Nice and helpful staff. My only complaint is that it was really cold in my room, otherwise everything's ok.

Big Fish Hostel was a great place for us! My friend and I felt like home, the staff was very helpful and recommended us the best places to go. If I had to recommend a place to stay in Budapest, it definitely would be Big Fish Hostel

Comfortable, quiet and family-like hostel. Was a nice stay!