9.3
Superb 1,070 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 1,070 Total Reviews
Big Fish Budapest Hostel Located at 1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest Pest 1073 1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33
93% 1070
47.5014891 19.0679955
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
13th Jan 2017

Amazing hostel! One of the best I've stayed at, it feels like a home. The people who work there are amazing!! Kitchen facilities and common area were perfect for cooking when you didn't feel like going out. 10/10 would recommend

7th Jan 2017

This was my second time staying at Big Fish and I love it! I like the relaxed, cheery atmosphere and the security is excellent. The kitchen and common areas are cozy. All the staff members I've interacted with are helpful and friendly- they were also able to book an extremely reliable fixed cab directly from the hostel to the airport for a good price. It's a bit far from my favorite walking places (by the chain bridge, St. Stephan's, etc) but the Oktogon (M1) and Blaha Lujza Tér (M2) are close!

7th Jan 2017

Overall a small and really cool place with cute and laid back staff but the mattresses suck. And doing laundry was too expensive (9€).

• Canada, Female, 18-24
30th Dec 2016

such a cozy and fun atmosphere! really great for meeting people and the staff & volunteers are amazing. i left my wallet in a cab one night and the guy at the reception helped me call cab companies one by one and ask if they had it in Hungarian. 10/10 would recommend!!

• tsheeringa
  • New Zealand, Male, 18-24
30th Dec 2016

A home away from home, full of heart and soul, Big Fish is a wonderful respite for any traveller looking to skip an IKEA hostel while in Budapest. Interesting people stayed here, staff and guests alike were all amazing individuals. I had more candid conversation in Big Fish than in a lot of the other places I've stayed in, and we partied too don't you worry. Sweet kitchen as well, a factor that is too often overlooked in hostels I reckon! Would recommend this place, keep it up Big Fish!

29th Dec 2016

This is definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at, and I've stayed in several across Europe. It is not a party hostel, but everyone still wants to have a good time!! Very clean rooms and bathrooms, and all bathrooms are individual. Staff was incredible and ready to help you explore the city! I was a solo traveler in Budapest, but there were also small groups here so would recommend for either. Had a great New Years with them!!

27th Dec 2016

This just might be the best hostel I've every stayed at. The atmosphere is great, staff incredibly welcoming and helpful, and the facilities are clean and spacious. The only thing I would hope be different is that the mattresses are surprisingly flimsy so you can feel the boards of the bed through it. I still slept well there, oh and protip: the blankets totally unfold! It took me a couple of nights to figure that out - much to the amusement of my room mates :)

20th Dec 2016

Everyone was so nice and helpful! I enjoyed staying here and would stay again in a heartbeat.

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Dec 2016

Great place, great people! Would recommend!!

• USA, Male, 18-24
7th Dec 2016

Matt Brody and Monica were 3 staff I got the pleasure of knowing. The hostel attracts a great crowd and everyone was super friendly and caring. Great location as well. We hit a little debacle with a tour service when there was a typo on the meeting spot and the hostel was in immediate contact with us and the company and Matt really saved the day!