Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

The location was pretty nice. The dorms were very large and spacious although, the common area was smaller than expected.

Awesome receptionists, really helpful during our stay, and we really like the hostel, if we go back to Budapest, we'll definitely go back to The Big Fish Budapest

Initially hesitant about staying here as it isn't your typical hostel but now I can safely say it was an amazing experience, the people we met and the staff were all great!! Definately the best hostel I've stayed in over the years.. Will definately go back

Absolutely love this place. I meant to stay for 4 days but I'm still here a week later! Perfect if you want a laid-back social hostel. Within walking distance of most interesting stuff and there's lots of great food and bars nearby. Love the room, love the staff, only complaint is that the beds aren't super comfortable but the atmosphere more than makes up for that.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in!!! I will recommend it to everyone I know that is heading to Budapest. The staff is incredible and right when you arrive you feel like you have just joined one big happy family. The staff also hangs out with you at night and takes you out to the best bars. They also will set up some awesome daytime activities for you. I had so much fun at the Big Fish and I wish I could have stayed for weeks.

• 28th Sep 2014

THE BIG FISH IS THE BEST HOSTEL EVER WITH THE NICEST STAFF IMAGINABLE. DO NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE IN BUDAPEST.

• 28th Sep 2014

Small hostel with a big heart and homey feel to it. Loved the freebies. Comfy beds. They do a great job organizing tours and getting everyone to join in and feel welcome. The young staff are warm and helpful and make a meal for the guests by donation most evenings (yummm thanks Tay)! The laundry service charge is too high (9 euros). I would not suggest booking the double private room if you're looking for quiet, as it is directly off of the main common area and the quiet hours were not enforced.

• 25th Sep 2014

Amazing hostel. Staff so friendly and involved - you feel very welcomed and looked after, they take you out most nights too! Brilliant location - on the main tram route and close to metro stops and ruin bars. Cosy brightly decorated rooms - stay upstairs in the treehouse room if you can :) and very homely feel with a good common room and kitchen area.

Not as good as I hoped unfortunately. They were doing construction work (including drilling) at 1:30 in the night. With earplugs it was fine, but seriously, you don't get your business if you do that. Beds were not that great and dorms a bit warm. On a positive note, staff is friendly, all stuff works and the kitchen facility with free coffee maker is great.

A super awesome hostel I would recommend to anyone. Very homey vibe, as if you are walking into someone's apartment , which turns out this used to be in an old apartment complex. Cool building, great location, great staff as well as guests. If I come back to Budapest i will stay here

• 11th Sep 2014

Great hostel! I've been backpacking USA, Mexico

• 10th Sep 2014

I've never met nicer hostel staffers in all my travels. They really took care of you. I would come back again just for the great, friendly atmosphere.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!!!

• 4th Sep 2014

The staff were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and bent over backwards to try and accommodate us. They also diplomatically dealt with 'difficult' customers in a way that did not offend anyone! We had a complication that was not really the hostel's problem - they only have 'mixed' dorms to tick online and we needed female only dorms as my student is a married muslim woman. The hostel really tried to accommodate us even though they didn't have to. Shout out for them and deep appreciation!

It has a very homely vibe (:

Had an excellent time in this hostel. Highly recomended

The common area/kitchen is quite small, but it's still possible to meet people. Nice friendly staff. Bathrooms are very clean and I didn't experience any queues. Spacious rooms, big lockers, free tea and coffee.... all good. The city is quite spread out, so there is no perfect location, but this seems like a good compromise.

great place. The hostel is split between two apartments so each is it's own little community but they do events together. I really like the feel - it feels like home not a big industrial hostel. Staff was mostly other travelers, very friendly but if they just moved to town- not great resources. Make sure you find the ones that know the area. Other than that, it's the best place I've stayed so far. Easy to meet people, great location.

Very nice hostel..i definitely recommend it and they also sell club-mate.. :-)

Really such a nice hostel with a lovely friendly atmosphere and generally like-minded people up for a good time with cultural respect. Staff were lovely and very helpful. i dont think i have anything bad to say... Shoes off policy and free tea were also very much to my liking.

• 9th Aug 2014