Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

Very friendly and helpful staff

Nice space. No luggage room though so if you arrive early you just have to dump your stuff. However the staff were great and they prepared our beds really early as we arrived at 7am. In a nice spot close to ruin bars and free coffee 👍

Great location, friendly staff, but a bit too pricey for Budapest. Be aware that the hostel is in two separate buildings and the common room is smaller and not quite as nice in one of them. Also in that same building, the tram is right outside and basically sounds like its coming through the room every ten minutes starting at 4 a.m.

Paid 30 euro a night for no hot water or electricity cause of storm but they didn't tell us that there wasn't just so they made money Weren't resonance about the situation later I wouldn't recommend this hostel

Big, nice and homely common room with clean rooms and very friendly staff :)

Nice place, nice people! I can definitely recommend Big Fish Hostel!

• 13th Aug 2015

I liked this hostel. Easy to meet people, easy to get used to. Good kitchen, showers, helpful staff.

This was the last and best hostel in my Europe trip. It's a small hostel, but the rooms and bathrooms are spacious. The hostel is really relaxing, and it's easy to meet people in the lounge area; much easier than in large hostels.

Very kind staff! Thanks for keeping my luggage (for free)

• 10th Aug 2015

Best hostel I've stayed in so far! Amazing atmosphere, the staff are really friendly and all the facilities are great. I will definitely stay here if I'm ever in Budapest again!

Despite an incredibly embarrassing run in with a male staff member, I did enjoy my stay here. The other staff were so apologetic and definitely made up for it. On occasion there was not a great vibe in the communal areas but I think that was due to being very hot. They needed more fans for the rooms as the temperature didnt drop dramatically at night and being placed next to neither a window or fan it made it diffuclt to sleep. I also didnt understand the no shoes policy but obliged.

Very friendly and understanding staff. Located round corner from cool ruined bars and clubs. Tram on Main Street runs throughout the night so ear plugs or a few drinks an your sound. The river an attractions about 10 minute walk away or a short tram

This was a great place to stay in Budapest, walking distance to everything (20-30 mins) and close to both a metro and tram station, the main train station is only a 10-15 minute walk away. Each bed has 3 outlets and it's own bed light. The bathrooms are kept clean. The kitchen has a fridge you are allowed to use, and free coffee, milk and sugar. Wifi was great. The staff are really nice and helpful. Overall, i'm really happy this was the place i chose to stay!.

We had to book this hostel very last minute and only stayed one night but it was a good hostel in a good location, clean, helpful staff and a good atmosphere. Would recommend.

Great location, great bathrooms. Weren't too sure about the no shoes policy... Kitchen and common area super small. We still were able to make meals and meet people.

Great hostel. Good for solo travellers as it is easy to meet people in the lobby. My only complaint is that I had to move to the other big fish hostel halfway through my stay. But apparently this only occurs during peak time in summer

Awesome place!

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Pakistan

Although we liked Budapest as a city our stay there in the hostel was unfortunately not so enjoyable. The bed was uncomfortable, the lights didn't work, the atmosphere was dead and the smell was awful. Wouldn't stay here again.

• 26th Jul 2015

We were very disappointed with big fish. We arrived easily to the address provided and quickly found out they are cash only, have no air conditioning, and are actually two separate buildings. With our heavy backpacks, we then had to walk to the other hostel which is close, but inconvenient. We found the staff less than helpful and frustrated with us when we asked to print bus tickets to leave Budapest. The other people staying were not very friendly. If you want to have fun- don't stay here!

• 22nd Jul 2015

This is a very good hostel. There are two sites with good size rooms and a well equipped kitchen and common room. Although the facilities are of a good standard, it is the staff who set this place apart. They are knowledgable, friendly and willing to help you in any way they can. I left something valuable behind in my locker so I emailed the hostel. They responded promptly and were able to locate it and send it out to me at my current hostel. Highly recommended!

• 21st Jul 2015