Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

The rooms are nice and light.The bathrooms are also ok. It is very safe but you have to bring your own lock. Actually the Hostel is really ok BUT: for me personnaly it was too loud.of course the location is great but it is next to the street and you hear all the time the tram and the ambulance driving by. Also the walls are very slim and the flat is clairaudient!the mattresses are too thin and uncomfortable.the kitchen is too small.

Very good in general. Only issues were that there were no Bath towels, and the wood floor made very loud noises (being very disturbing late at night or early in the morning when people were moving around). The location was good. Our stay in Budapest was fantastic!

• 13th Mar 2015

This place is remarkable. I found it somewhat silly when I read other reviews describing a Hostel's atmosphere as "like a family" and thought to myself 'really?' Sure enough, it IS like a family. Welcoming, spacious, clean, and homey-this Hostel is an excellent place to unwind after some wild times in Budapest. The people who stay/live/work/visit are not squares--they're out until day-break, but they also are respectful, kind and extraordinarily helpful Stay here--You'll be glad you did

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Good location; it's also pretty cheap. Nice bathrooms, always clean, as the whole hostel. I really liked my room; there are no bunk beds, but just regular comfortable beds, which is great and makes you feel like home. The common room/kitchen was really nice as well, bright and cozy = perfect both for work and for socializing. Nice and helpful staff. My only complaint is that it was really cold in my room, otherwise everything's ok.

Big Fish Hostel was a great place for us! My friend and I felt like home, the staff was very helpful and recommended us the best places to go. If I had to recommend a place to stay in Budapest, it definitely would be Big Fish Hostel

Comfortable, quiet and family-like hostel. Was a nice stay!

The hostel was near a lot of restaurants and about a 20 minute walk to some of the sites so I walked most places but there was public transportation that takes you to it. The staff was really nice and helpful!

Had a great stay here! friendly, SUPER helpful staff, good atmosphere, and a good location. super clean, right around the corner from tons of bars and restaurants and within walking distance to everything you want to see in Budapest. small hostel so it's very easy to meet people.

The staff are very friendly

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Saudi Arabia

Really good location and kind staffs. the beds are quiet old... but room and bathroom were okay.

super nice and clean, the rooms were big also and the bathrooms were really big which helps!

Greatest hostel! I had so much fun and all of the staff were so welcoming and helpful! Everyone visiting Budapest should stay here!

Great staff and good location.

Loved this SUPER clean, really friendly hostel. Great location. Highly recommnd. Went to another hostel after this and was horribly disappointed.

Friendliest and most helpful staff I've ever met, very home-like atmosphere (the fact you can't have your shoes on does make it feel like you're at home just in a different country with new flat mates). Great facilities (iMac, library, games, giant lockers) and overall very clean ambient. Location couldn't be better, just next to a lot of restaurants and convenience stores. I had a great time with people there and would definitively love to come back to Budapest to stay there again.

This place is amazing! Great staff, clean hostel, family like atmosphere, just perfect!! Alex is the new Dan!! :p

Lovely staff, clean and cozy with a propper coffee machine.

Big Fish hostel was an amazing place to stay. Great location, super friendly staff, everything clean, very close to city centre and bike rental station. There was plenty of space in the room, power outlet right next to the bed and enough lockers. Bathrooms were clean and I love the idea of bucket lists on the toilet :) Funny reading and contributing.

Fantastic staff and great location, easy to find and close to public transport.

Nice experience! The hostel is little and really familiar. The room was very good, enough space for luggage and very clean. The bathrooms were excelent as the kitchen. The negative point is the social life, because of its size, people don't interact that much. Totally approved!