Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

We loved staying at Big fish Budapest. The staff was great, the hostel felt cozy, like home. We instantly fell in love with it. The staff helped us a lot with visiting the city, and suggesting about restaurants. And also the location is nice. near the tram, metro and the centre of the city! Nice

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

I loved Big Fish! The staff members were helpful and knowledgeable about the city, the facilities were clean and colorful, and the atmosphere is just perfect. Stay at Big Fish when you're in Budapest!

Very quirky hostel, suited my personality very well. Staff extremely friendly, room had ample space for storage. Very easy to meet other travellers in the common room, although I would call it more like a family room as that was the warm vibe it gave off.

Big fish is a great place and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. One thing though, the manager is rude to his staff and sometimes the people at the hostel. At first I thought he was a traveler with a bad attitude but then found out after he was the manager. Luckily he's not really around much so your stay should be amazing!

The Big Fish Hostel's been just great! The staff was very friendly, easy going and helped if we needed anything. The hostel itself got very nice rooms, the community room is very comfortable and a great place to hang out. Everything was clean and very well equipped (for example if you wanna cook). We really liked it a lot und will come back definitely!

• 16th Oct 2014

The location was pretty nice. The dorms were very large and spacious although, the common area was smaller than expected.

Awesome receptionists, really helpful during our stay, and we really like the hostel, if we go back to Budapest, we'll definitely go back to The Big Fish Budapest

Most amazing hostel staff I've ever met. Small hostel but with great common room, social side was great. Perfect to meet people when traveling alone :) and great location

It was definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed at in terms of atmosphere and location. highly recommended. The staff is great.

Very nice hostel. You feel like visiting friends and are directly jnvited to join the group and feel like home. This is supported thy the way staff and management akt. We explored the whole city by foot. Which is possible bythe exellent location of the hostl. Also people from outside our hostl agreed. The best place compared to other budapest hostls. Would always choose the same place again!

• 9th Oct 2014

Initially hesitant about staying here as it isn't your typical hostel but now I can safely say it was an amazing experience, the people we met and the staff were all great!! Definately the best hostel I've stayed in over the years.. Will definately go back

Big Fish was an amazing hostel and a big part of the reason why I loved Budapest so much. Staying here was like hanging out at someone's apartment and there was just a really easygoing, social atmosphere at all times. The staff here are super cool as well--they will hang out with you, drink with you and party with you, too. Big Fish and its staff are as lovely and down-to-earth as the city of Budapest is itself. Definitely stay here if you can, it'll be the best decision you make all trip!

Absolutely love this place. I meant to stay for 4 days but I'm still here a week later! Perfect if you want a laid-back social hostel. Within walking distance of most interesting stuff and there's lots of great food and bars nearby. Love the room, love the staff, only complaint is that the beds aren't super comfortable but the atmosphere more than makes up for that.

1 2 Next » last »