Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

Great trip great hostel..ill definitely come back!

recommended ! 100% !!!

Really enjoyable stay! Staff are incredibly nice and helpful, the rooms are very comfortable and location is great. Terrific value for money. I would absolutely recommend staying here.

Had such an amazing time here, really chilled out with a comfy and sociable common room where we played drinking games every night. Would definately come again, the staff made it an unforgettable experience

• 6th Jul 2014

The staff make this little gem. If your up for a laugh and fancy going out on the shant then this place will do the job nicely. Beds were a bit uncomfortable but other than that a beaut lil hostel

• 6th Jul 2014

No competition, this is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are brilliant (quick shout out to Dan - absolute hero), they can advise you on absolutely everything, like what to do during the day or the best (and cheapest) places to eat or drink or where to go out at night. It's such a social place and you meet loads of people. There is no question of where I would stay if I return to Budapest!

Big Fish promotes itself as being your home away from home, and this is truly how it feels to stay here. With attention to the minor details, like having clean hand towels in the toilets, to not numbering the rooms, you immediately get a cozy feel here. The location was excellent and the staff were some of my favorite I've ever experienced at a hostel. I highly recommend Big Fish and hope they are around for a long time.

Great hostel, great location, great staff, great atmosphere I would recommend this hostel to anyone and I would definitely go back to The Big Fish. One point is that its not so easy to locate we walked past it before noticing the sign on the wall entrance to the building and the keypad entry procedure is a little tricky, especially when returning after a late night out.

Excellent hostel! One of the best hostels that I've ever used in my life. Was there for 3 days and I felt like home. Really helpful and kind staff, very nice common room with everything you need on the kitchen, and an amazing spirit between backpackers. Also, check out the Bucket List on the bathroom, freaking funny stuff. The location is perfect as well!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Gabriella is a babe

One of the best stays of our trip. Helpful staff, friendly guests and a great location!

Great hostel! Loved the staff, they were extremely helpful in telling us the nearby sights to see as well as nightlife! Great location, no more than 15 minutes walking to any of the bars.

Big Fish! I had a nice time here. Switched to here from one of the 'party hostels' and i liked it a lot better. Nothing negative to say about the place

So good looking hostel, pretty chill but ambiance isn't bad. You better take off your shoes at the entry so everything is really clean !

Very conveniently located with bars and cafés downstairs. However, if you would like an early night, it can be quite noisy due to the noise from party goers.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff, everything was perfect!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Austria

relaxing, homey place. the staff is very friendly. easy walk to the Jewish quarter, Andrassy Ut, Ferenc Ter and other cool areas. beds are comfy. even though it's more relaxing than the crazy party hostels it's easy to have a good time here exploring Budapest's nightlife.

This is a great hostel with a good location. The staff is great and willing to go the extra mile (quite literally) to make your stay in Budapest enjoyable. Me and a friend of mine where looking for some Palinka (local hungarian liquor) and a staff member acquired a bottle of it for us, homemade by one of his friends. It was great!

• 8th Jun 2014

Staff were wonderful (a special mention to Dan, Katherine and Dorka). Place was always clean and had a great atmosphere. Good for solo travellers because common room is cosy and it's easy to get chatting to people. Wifi not brilliant in my room (down the back) but v strong elsewhere. Powerful hot showers and good kitchen facilities.

No air conditioning in the rooms and windows are open during the day. Most of visit was great, except for burning up at nap time after long weekend. I do not like secular music, especially lyrics that promote sin. One staff turned up music way to loud and I was forced to listen to lyrics about gay love. Unprofessional. It is better to just leave music off. It was only us in room and he should have known I would have hated that abomination song.