Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

Big Fish has a very homelike feeling including a staff that are so helpful they feel like family, giving advice, organizing cabs, thinking of solutions to your problems, and a shoes at the door policy (cleanliness).We stayed in the double, loved the space in the common room and kitchen. We were given places to store our bikes after our cyling tour through Europe. The place is cleaned regularly, has 4 nice bathrooms. Potential con: loud cable car at night, noise helped me sleep, not my partner.

• 8th Jul 2015

The second time I've stayed here! Love it :-)

It's a nice, smaller type of hostel. I was put in their second location across the street which worked out fine (though you feel a bit disconnected). The rooms have a cute, campy feel and the big kitchen in the middle is a great place to meet other travelers and hang out.

Absolutely lovely staff who were both kind and helpful. The hostel had an at home feel that I've never experienced at any other accommodation. It is very close to the road which sometimes made it difficult to sleep at night but is an ideal place for meeting people and simply relaxing- but also having the option to go out and party if you so wish. It is my favourite hostel I've ever stayed in and I would recommend it to all!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • edownham

The hostel has a great location ! The staff is really very helpful ! The fridge has a FREE food section. It is the only hostel i have been to where the people actually gather in the common area and connect. Made friends with some great people. The security is very good. You can also borrow padlock for lockers. The perfect small hostel, would definitely go back and stay here again.

booked to stay only when my usual budapest hostel was full, but got a great surprise by just how much i liked this hostel. Got a great reception on arrival: turned up before regular check in but got a bed and instantly felt at home. Very, very helpful staff. Good cleanliness throughout. Quite a lot of street noise might be a problem for light sleepers, but all else was great.

I loved this hostel! It was my first time staying in a hostel all by myself so I was rather nervous about staying, but I needn't had. It had a really homely atmosphere and both staff and travellers alike were super helpful. The location is ideal and there is a lot of transport to further places. Only slight downside was that there was no clear place where I could wash my own clothes. But all other facilities were great and they provided you with tea, coffee, oil, etc. I would stay again!

Great hostel with a very homey feel! The only thing that would suck is it was really hot because of no ac. If you are a light sleeper don't stay here because it is located by a bunch of bars and it's loud at night. The staff was super friendly and helpful and I recommend this hostel if your traveling alone and wanting to meet people or really just in general!

Good place. I had a good time

Big Fish is located a short, simple metro ride from the Szechenyi baths and downtown core (Buda Castle, Parliament, etc.). The staff were very pleasant and explained the metro/city to us when we asked questions. The rooms were large, clean and simple. There is a central "rec room" where groups can meet and get to know each other before heading to the bars. We ended up taking the short walk to Szimpla Kert, which is highly recommended. Overall great hostel!

My second time staying here, and it felt just like coming back to a home. Thanks to the staff at Big Fish for making my time(s) in Budapest so memorable!

Big Fish Hostel is perhaps the finest hostel I've ever stayed in and that's not something I say lightly. The rooms in the renovated apartment are spotless, the staff are welcoming, friendly and extremely knowledgeable and, moat importantly, it has a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere which makes it so easy to meet other travellers. I only spent 4 nights there but honestly could have stayed much longer. If I had one criticism the beds could be a little thicker but I'm being pretty picky.

Loved this hostel, really fun and such lovely helpful staff. The road is noisy, but is worth it for the central location as we walked everywhere, just take earplugs if you're a light sleeper. Great kitchen and lounge facilities and clean as well. Would stay here again.

Great hostel! It's relatively small, so everything seems a bit more personal. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Awesome location; clean and safe; free towels and laundry; and a great friendly atmosphere. Living room is a fun place to hang out, and one of the rooms has a cool loft! Only downside is that the street is pretty loud at night and the rooms get pretty hot.

• 13th Jun 2015

It is a good hostel and the staff was friendly. Perhpas it is not as centric as I expected. I recommend it as long as your main objective in Budapest is not going out every night!

nice small hostel with a nice atmospere

Great hostel. One of the smaller ones I've been to.

Amazing and helpful staff! Great location too!

Great atmosphere and location as Ive stayed here twice but the owner rips people off with laundry. 9 euros per load?? I did my laundry for free at the second hostel I stayed at in Budapest.. What a joke

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed. I'll recommend a lot! Brilliant atmosphere