Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

Great location, great bathrooms. Weren't too sure about the no shoes policy... Kitchen and common area super small. We still were able to make meals and meet people.

Great hostel. Good for solo travellers as it is easy to meet people in the lobby. My only complaint is that I had to move to the other big fish hostel halfway through my stay. But apparently this only occurs during peak time in summer

Awesome place!

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Pakistan

Although we liked Budapest as a city our stay there in the hostel was unfortunately not so enjoyable. The bed was uncomfortable, the lights didn't work, the atmosphere was dead and the smell was awful. Wouldn't stay here again.

• 26th Jul 2015

The big fish is a good hostel for solo travellers. No big groups of screaming children here. There are two hostels under this name both near to each other. The one i stayed in (not at the big street) had a good big common room with an excellent kitchen. It is in the jewish quarter where all the restaurants and nightlife is. I was there before and also this time it did not let me down. Met some nice people and had some good parties.

We were very disappointed with big fish. We arrived easily to the address provided and quickly found out they are cash only, have no air conditioning, and are actually two separate buildings. With our heavy backpacks, we then had to walk to the other hostel which is close, but inconvenient. We found the staff less than helpful and frustrated with us when we asked to print bus tickets to leave Budapest. The other people staying were not very friendly. If you want to have fun- don't stay here!

• 22nd Jul 2015

This is a very good hostel. There are two sites with good size rooms and a well equipped kitchen and common room. Although the facilities are of a good standard, it is the staff who set this place apart. They are knowledgable, friendly and willing to help you in any way they can. I left something valuable behind in my locker so I emailed the hostel. They responded promptly and were able to locate it and send it out to me at my current hostel. Highly recommended!

• 21st Jul 2015

I had an amazing time here. Met some absolute legends and felt much at home. The staff are so helpful and pretty cute too. Loved it!

• 20th Jul 2015

Stayed in both sections of the hostel - the section on the main road is way more sociable due to the common area being better so try to stay there is you can! Good location near Jewish quarter for bars & restaurants. Nice, helpful staff & pretty good kitchen, clean bathrooms, expensive laundry service but it's efficient so I would say it's worth it (€9). Really enjoyed my stay here, although its downfall was a lack of air con during 25 degree nights which meant I didnt sleep well the whole time.

There are two big fish buildings, one small premises and one large. I had the joy of staying at the smaller kne, which made my time there absolutely amazing!!! There are only a handful of dorms, which after the first day we all felt like family. The common room is a cool place to chill and make convo while looking up music videos on the screen, then at night we would all get cray cray and walk to the local ruin pub (think it was called 'Simpler'?). The lockers were a tad small - only downside!

Absolutely amazing hostel!!! Never did I anticipate such a fantastic time in Budapest and in Bigfish; they made me feel absolutely special. I turned 28 and Bigfish brought me a traditional Hungarian cake along with beautiful singing of birthday wishes to me; it was phenomenal! Thank you so much Bigfish!!!

• 17th Jul 2015

Really awesome hostel with great common room, crew and a cozy atmosphere. If you like meeting fellow backpackers and do adventures together in town this place is great. Not optimal for families with kids because it's like a big apartment with a backpacker feeling. Would had been great with a AC during the heat wave and the hot water has a tendency to run out - but it's still an really nice and clean hostel!

We had a great time staying here! Clean, friendly, and wonderful atmosphere.

• 17th Jul 2015

Nice cheap hostel. Staff were new so a few niggles, but all errors were quickly rectified.

Very cosy however given the location the rooms are extremely loud and hot

• 16th Jul 2015

Thank you for the most epic experience, Big Fish! The atmosphere of your clean and homey hostel made my stay in Budapest unforgettable. From making a dozen friends in your eclectic and comfortable common areas to learning from your staff about local cuisine, attractions, and party spots you created the best hostel I've stayed in. When I return Big Fish is the only option. Safe, clean, fun, and relaxing your hostel has it all. Much love from The States and thank you so so much! Miss you.

My girlfriend and I loved staying at Big Fish! We made lots of friends hanging out in the lounge, and the staff was super super friendly. Great, laid-back vibe!

I absolutely loved this place! the staff are so friendly and the bedrooms and livingroom is brilliant! I plan to come back to Budapest and I will 100% stay here Again! Thanks for a brilliant time :)

Nice, clean and relaxed