Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

I had an amazing time here. Met some absolute legends and felt much at home. The staff are so helpful and pretty cute too. Loved it!

• 20th Jul 2015

Stayed in both sections of the hostel - the section on the main road is way more sociable due to the common area being better so try to stay there is you can! Good location near Jewish quarter for bars & restaurants. Nice, helpful staff & pretty good kitchen, clean bathrooms, expensive laundry service but it's efficient so I would say it's worth it (€9). Really enjoyed my stay here, although its downfall was a lack of air con during 25 degree nights which meant I didnt sleep well the whole time.

There are two big fish buildings, one small premises and one large. I had the joy of staying at the smaller kne, which made my time there absolutely amazing!!! There are only a handful of dorms, which after the first day we all felt like family. The common room is a cool place to chill and make convo while looking up music videos on the screen, then at night we would all get cray cray and walk to the local ruin pub (think it was called 'Simpler'?). The lockers were a tad small - only downside!

Absolutely amazing hostel!!! Never did I anticipate such a fantastic time in Budapest and in Bigfish; they made me feel absolutely special. I turned 28 and Bigfish brought me a traditional Hungarian cake along with beautiful singing of birthday wishes to me; it was phenomenal! Thank you so much Bigfish!!!

• 17th Jul 2015

Really awesome hostel with great common room, crew and a cozy atmosphere. If you like meeting fellow backpackers and do adventures together in town this place is great. Not optimal for families with kids because it's like a big apartment with a backpacker feeling. Would had been great with a AC during the heat wave and the hot water has a tendency to run out - but it's still an really nice and clean hostel!

We had a great time staying here! Clean, friendly, and wonderful atmosphere.

• 17th Jul 2015

Nice cheap hostel. Staff were new so a few niggles, but all errors were quickly rectified.

Very cosy however given the location the rooms are extremely loud and hot

• 16th Jul 2015

Thank you for the most epic experience, Big Fish! The atmosphere of your clean and homey hostel made my stay in Budapest unforgettable. From making a dozen friends in your eclectic and comfortable common areas to learning from your staff about local cuisine, attractions, and party spots you created the best hostel I've stayed in. When I return Big Fish is the only option. Safe, clean, fun, and relaxing your hostel has it all. Much love from The States and thank you so so much! Miss you.

My girlfriend and I loved staying at Big Fish! We made lots of friends hanging out in the lounge, and the staff was super super friendly. Great, laid-back vibe!

I absolutely loved this place! the staff are so friendly and the bedrooms and livingroom is brilliant! I plan to come back to Budapest and I will 100% stay here Again! Thanks for a brilliant time :)

Nice, clean and relaxed

people were a bit young

I absolutely loved my stay at Big Fish! The atmosphere was great, the facilities clean and well kept, and everyone was incredibly friendly! The only suggestion I have is to open both doors at the entrances (in the double doors) so that it's not quite so narrow with luggage.

• 11th Jul 2015

Big Fish has a very homelike feeling including a staff that are so helpful they feel like family, giving advice, organizing cabs, thinking of solutions to your problems, and a shoes at the door policy (cleanliness).We stayed in the double, loved the space in the common room and kitchen. We were given places to store our bikes after our cyling tour through Europe. The place is cleaned regularly, has 4 nice bathrooms. Potential con: loud cable car at night, noise helped me sleep, not my partner.

• 8th Jul 2015

The second time I've stayed here! Love it :-)

It's a nice, smaller type of hostel. I was put in their second location across the street which worked out fine (though you feel a bit disconnected). The rooms have a cute, campy feel and the big kitchen in the middle is a great place to meet other travelers and hang out.

Absolutely lovely staff who were both kind and helpful. The hostel had an at home feel that I've never experienced at any other accommodation. It is very close to the road which sometimes made it difficult to sleep at night but is an ideal place for meeting people and simply relaxing- but also having the option to go out and party if you so wish. It is my favourite hostel I've ever stayed in and I would recommend it to all!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • edownham

The hostel has a great location ! The staff is really very helpful ! The fridge has a FREE food section. It is the only hostel i have been to where the people actually gather in the common area and connect. Made friends with some great people. The security is very good. You can also borrow padlock for lockers. The perfect small hostel, would definitely go back and stay here again.

booked to stay only when my usual budapest hostel was full, but got a great surprise by just how much i liked this hostel. Got a great reception on arrival: turned up before regular check in but got a bed and instantly felt at home. Very, very helpful staff. Good cleanliness throughout. Quite a lot of street noise might be a problem for light sleepers, but all else was great.