Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel! I've been backpacking USA, Mexico

• 10th Sep 2014

I've never met nicer hostel staffers in all my travels. They really took care of you. I would come back again just for the great, friendly atmosphere.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!!!

• 4th Sep 2014

The staff were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and bent over backwards to try and accommodate us. They also diplomatically dealt with 'difficult' customers in a way that did not offend anyone! We had a complication that was not really the hostel's problem - they only have 'mixed' dorms to tick online and we needed female only dorms as my student is a married muslim woman. The hostel really tried to accommodate us even though they didn't have to. Shout out for them and deep appreciation!

It has a very homely vibe (:

Had an excellent time in this hostel. Highly recomended

The common area/kitchen is quite small, but it's still possible to meet people. Nice friendly staff. Bathrooms are very clean and I didn't experience any queues. Spacious rooms, big lockers, free tea and coffee.... all good. The city is quite spread out, so there is no perfect location, but this seems like a good compromise.

great place. The hostel is split between two apartments so each is it's own little community but they do events together. I really like the feel - it feels like home not a big industrial hostel. Staff was mostly other travelers, very friendly but if they just moved to town- not great resources. Make sure you find the ones that know the area. Other than that, it's the best place I've stayed so far. Easy to meet people, great location.

Very nice hostel..i definitely recommend it and they also sell club-mate.. :-)

Really such a nice hostel with a lovely friendly atmosphere and generally like-minded people up for a good time with cultural respect. Staff were lovely and very helpful. i dont think i have anything bad to say... Shoes off policy and free tea were also very much to my liking.

• 9th Aug 2014

Big Fish was very friendly and welcoming to all of its guests. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The hostel is not too big, so it is easy to get to know most of the guests. I would definitely recommend staying here, and would stay here again myself if I return to Budapest!

• 8th Aug 2014

This was probably one of my best hostel experiences in Europe. The staff were really friendly and helpful, rooms and bathrooms were clean and the atmosphere was good for meeting other travellers. Location was also good for tourist attractions and perfect for nightlife. Would definitely come back to Big Fish!

Great hostel, awesome atmosphere could not fault it.

Excelent hostel, normal first impression but when you're there, you find a really good atmosphere, with excellent staff, nice decoration and very comfortable and clean dorms. Highly recomended.

Nice hostel

This hostel was charming in that it felt like a very large home-turned-into-hostel. The service was invaluable and splendid - everyone who worked there was more than happy to help for even the smallest things (locks, recommendations). The bathrooms were particularly cleaned and they had a spacious "living area" with a large tv and lots of media.One of the best hostel experiences in Europe, definitely recommended.

• 28th Jul 2014

Hostel was small but still had a good vibe. If you are after a party hostel then this definitely isn't the one but it is within walking distance to most of the bars in town. They had no problem with us bringing our own alcohol in as there is no bar at the hostel. Staff were friendly and the hostel was pretty clean. Easy to get to from the train station.

Fantastic place to stay. No complaints at all.

Lovely little hostel in a great location with a really nice atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and helpful in suggesting places to visit. Rooms we're kept tidy and bathrooms cleaned every morning.

Great trip great hostel..ill definitely come back!