Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

This was a great hostel for solo travelers! It was small and so easy to meet the others staying there. A really great environment. You're within walking distance of everything you would need. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back.

great place to chill out. very friendly relaxed vibe, but still a good place to go out and have fun.

I had an incredible experience at Big Fish Hostel. The staff and volunteers were extremely helpful, cool, and genuinely nice people. The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable. My room had 8 single beds which were larger than normal hostel bunk beds. Each bed had a shelf, light and powerpoint to charge phones etc. A really nice common room with a projector connected to a computer, kitchen and couches provides for an incredibly comfortable and sociable experience.

Very nice hostel! Recommended! Beds could be nicer and the mattresses better

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Spain

As a solo traveller, meeting new people is a must and Big Fish Budapest created the atmosphere to do it. It had a great common area to meet people and hangout. It also had the feel of home, a very hospitable and inviting staff/atmosphere. It was a good break from other commercialized or party hostels. I really enjoyed my time in Budapest thanks to Big Fish Hostels.

Staying here was perfect, the staff made you feel really comfortable and they had everything you needed in the hostel. You could walk everywhere from there and the people staying there were great. If you go to Budapest, just book in Big Fish.

Great people, clean room, clean bathroom, very good atmosphere. In short : a perfect stay !

Great hostel! I, like many, many others extended my stay and ended up there for 2 weeks. The staff and volunteers are amazing, everyone is super friendly, and we were taken out to see a performance at a ruin bar (and a hidden/underground techno party as well). Thanks again to everyone there. See you soon. Tom.

Stay at this hostel! One of my favorite places in the world. Vesna and the rest of the staff made me feel completely at home. It's a smaller hostel so I really got to know everyone staying there. Rooms are spacious and bathrooms are really nice. Laundry service is too expensive though. Projector screen is a great addition to the common room and kitchen is well stocked. I had the time of my life here, everyone there ended up booking extra nights! Stay at Big Fish if you want the best!

Most reviews are opposite sides of the spectrum-either you love your experience/stay or it was terrible. To be honest, BF hostel has given me an incredible community to call family. I understand the need to do a non-biased report (b/c I want to read those types of reviews too) but it's difficult to do when the warmth, support, laughter and kindness you experience there are so consistent. I truly felt loved. BF is a hidden treasure. Big Fish staff, I love you dearly! Forever my home in BP!

Was reccomended Big Fish by a friend and it completely lived up to expectation. The staff was great and for solo travellers it was so easy to meet and mingle. Shout out to 'steve' for being an absolute gem! Have already reccomended this place to other travellers.

• 10th Nov 2015

It would be harsh to mark this hostel down, it is very nice. But it is hard to find, there was a slight clique problem, and the social area was dominated by only one or two people who had control over the projector/music. Would recommend though and there were a lot of solo travellers which was good. Staff super helpful, main tram line right outside, and nightlife not too far.

You will never want to leave!

My friend and I stayed here for five days in November and felt right at home as soon as we walked in the door, this place has a real soulful feeling to it. All of Big Fish's staff are exptionally friendly and helpful. But the real unsung heros in this place are the volunteers who take turns on the nightshift to ensure the reception is manned 24/7 to ensure you'll find your way there safely no matter what state you're in. Thanks Big Fish :-)! Much Love, Daisy and Mary

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Great hostel, very chilled out atmosphere and close to the nightlife so easy enough to enjoy the night but also the hangover in the living room with the staff and other travellers. There is a projector on the common room for watching movies or listening to music. The staff are very helpful. Ended up staying for about 2 weeks after originally booked for 4 nights. Met so many great people here and will definitely be visiting again!

Staff/Volunteers here are a 110%. Super clean hostel, ample bathrooms for everyone. I wished the lounge/dining area was bigger. Projector and screen in the lounge so everyone can watched movies or play songs together. That was what we did when I was there. Location was excellent - close to metro stations and the Jewish district. I especially liked it having a coffee machine, I usually don't take instant coffees at hostels. I hung out here after I checked out, I recommend this hostel 100%.

Nice furnishment, clean bathroom, even a projecter in the kitchen to watch movie. I think the owner really spent effort in making the place cozy. But I guess I was just unlucky, during my stay, there was almost nobody in my room, no chance to meet a lot people.

Amazing hostel! You feel immediately welcome and at home as soon as you take off your shoes (yes, it's shoe free in the rooms and common areas!). The atmosphere and size encourages getting to know the other guests, organizing outings, cooking communal meals or just chilling and watching a movie. Staff is super helpful and knowledgeable , especially "Mama" who takes everyone under her wing. :) Highly recommend for solo-travelers and small groups alike. Booked 4 nights and stayed for 2 weeks.

• 31st Oct 2015

An intimate hostel with fantastic staff and a "home" type feel. Clean, great location, GO THERE!

Great hostel, family vibe with always cool, young and fun people around. The staff was great, felt like they care about every little thing and they were always there to help... Had some great nights at big fish! Miss you mama!