Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel! Loved the staff, they were extremely helpful in telling us the nearby sights to see as well as nightlife! Great location, no more than 15 minutes walking to any of the bars.

Big Fish! I had a nice time here. Switched to here from one of the 'party hostels' and i liked it a lot better. Nothing negative to say about the place

So good looking hostel, pretty chill but ambiance isn't bad. You better take off your shoes at the entry so everything is really clean !

Very conveniently located with bars and cafés downstairs. However, if you would like an early night, it can be quite noisy due to the noise from party goers.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff, everything was perfect!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Austria

relaxing, homey place. the staff is very friendly. easy walk to the Jewish quarter, Andrassy Ut, Ferenc Ter and other cool areas. beds are comfy. even though it's more relaxing than the crazy party hostels it's easy to have a good time here exploring Budapest's nightlife.

This is a great hostel with a good location. The staff is great and willing to go the extra mile (quite literally) to make your stay in Budapest enjoyable. Me and a friend of mine where looking for some Palinka (local hungarian liquor) and a staff member acquired a bottle of it for us, homemade by one of his friends. It was great!

• 8th Jun 2014

Staff were wonderful (a special mention to Dan, Katherine and Dorka). Place was always clean and had a great atmosphere. Good for solo travellers because common room is cosy and it's easy to get chatting to people. Wifi not brilliant in my room (down the back) but v strong elsewhere. Powerful hot showers and good kitchen facilities.

No air conditioning in the rooms and windows are open during the day. Most of visit was great, except for burning up at nap time after long weekend. I do not like secular music, especially lyrics that promote sin. One staff turned up music way to loud and I was forced to listen to lyrics about gay love. Unprofessional. It is better to just leave music off. It was only us in room and he should have known I would have hated that abomination song.

Awesome =)! I LOVE this hostel!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Next time I go to Budapest I will ensure the hostel does not allow bachelor parties. Being woken up at 6am 2 mornings in a row and forced to stay awake for an hour as drunk finish partiers talk and get ready for bed isn't fun. Other than that a pretty relaxed place, no shoe policy is kind of annoying. Didn't meet too many people here until I was checking out. The bathrooms are spacious which is a big plus.

This is one of the best hostels we've ever stayed in - and we've stayed in quite a few now! The location is great for everything, whether it's historical sites, shops, places to eat or the ruin bars. The hostel has good facilities (films, consoles, cooking stuff etc.) and everything was spotless. The staff were really friendly and bent over backwards to help us out when we needed help and advice. Would definitely recommend and if we return to Budapest (which seems likely) we'll stay here.

• 26th May 2014

This hostel was cleaner than my own home, and the best value for our money. The staff is superb, I even considered what the rent would be living there

• 24th May 2014

Awesome hostel, extremely cozy. Great for relaxing!

Easy enough to catch the underground to from the main train stations. Located in a very good spot fairly central so most sites are accessible by foot. Staff were kind enough and the facilities were decent

The place is in a real nice spot,very nice and cozy,perfectly clean and the staff is really cool and helpfull

A very good hostel. Friendly and helpful staff.

1 2 3 Next » last »