Big Fish Budapest Hostel Reviews

1st floor/door 1 (Doorbell 11), Erzsebet krt. 33, Budapest, Hungary

Best hostel I have been to so far! I will definitely come back!

Big Fish Hostel is a very special hostel, I felt comfortable since the moment I walked in that door. I met really nice, interesting and friendly people there, among the guests and the hosts. If I could I would like Big Fish to be my home/family away from home, because friends are the family we choose.

Thank you Cesar!!!!!

This Hostel is awesome! The place is made to make you feel as confortable as possible. I've been traveling by myself and couldn't have a better experience in Budapest. Good rooms, nice common room, great staff, inclunding volunteers who are always open to help. Loved it.

• 19th Oct 2015

Amazing! Having come from a larger chain hostel, my friend & I were pleasantly surprised to find it cozy & inviting. We got a warm welcome. The 24hr reception made it easy to ask questions & plan the next day's adventure. The staff care so much about you; so willing to help in anyway. Truly felt like family. Very easy to meet people in the common space & kitchen. The 8 person loft made it feel private. I'm obsessive about cleanliness, & Big Fish passed the test. Recommending to everyone we meet.

The staff was really nice. I have to say that the location is perfect and it's not difficult to find. The facility is not fancy but you can get anything you need. I would definitely stay here again for my next visit to Budapest.

Had an amazing time at this great hostel! It felt like being in a cozy apartment with new friends walking in the door everyday! Special mention to Katie and Rose who were a bunch of fun to hang out with :)! Would recommend to anyone who wants a good mix of party and chills!

Really good Hostel, even during the low season. the staff and volunteers are super helpful. Peter was great to chat with in the morning about Hungary before I started my day. Nice small hostel, where all the guests seem to come together and interact, which is a mark of a great hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay with Big Fish. I hope to stay there again on my next visit to Budapest. I stayed for 6 nights and it was like crashing at a buddy's house, very comfortable, clean bathrooms, great kitchen.

• 2nd Oct 2015

My initial stay at Big Fish was for 1 week but I ended up staying instead for 5! First things first, I'll be coming back to this hostel. It really feels like a place I can call home. The atmosphere created by the staff and guests alike is warm, welcoming, friendly and trusting. Why drink coffee at 10pm? "Because it's free" as one guest once said. The relationships I made here are ones that I cherish. I've learned so much about myself and others whilst living here and can't recommend it enoug

The hostel is located a little far away from main train/metro station but it's on a busy street. It's clean with nice kitchen. This however, is not a great place for single traveler who are not into the "Clickyness" of groups that occupy the kitchen/lounge area. If you want to meet real travelers rather than "Clickyness" people, then I recommend go elsewhere, especially if you're not an "Anglo" traveler.

Here you feel home!! Lesna Nessa and Sophi (Sorry but I don't how it write correctly.. :) ) will more than open you the door receiving you with open arms and turn your stay in Budapest more easier and enjoyable!! Good atmosphere, clean compartments, good location and free coffe!! Definetely an hostel not to miss!! Obrigado!! :)

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

Very friendly staff! Managed to help me catch my train on time!

Best hostel i have ever stayed at! Me and my girlfrirnd had an amazing experience here!!

Awful hostel. I dreaded coming back to sleep at this hostel. Bathrooms were always flooded with water from the showers, the towels smelt terrible, the beds were rock hard, the people at the front desk were unable to answer questions about tours and had to either call someone or look it up in a book. Simple questions about departure times and meeting areas for walking tours required research from the employees of the hostel. By far the worst hostel of my entire Europe trip. Will never return.

• 14th Sep 2015

my favourite hostel I have ever stayed at. A homely hostel, with awesome staff, clean everything. projector in the common room. and so close to all the ruin pubs. loved every second!!

Best accomodation I've ever been!! The staff is more than friendly, they play with you, are always ready to help you, they really run the extra mille and just to make their guest happy. I made loads of friends their and the worst part was having to leave!

Great place and great location! I loved my time there. The staff are very helpful!!!

• 11th Sep 2015

Very nice rooms, big bathrooms, nice kitchen with beamer, cool people, very friendly and helpful staff. We felt very comfortable during our 5-nights stay.

• 9th Sep 2015

Really enjoyed our stay here! Chill easy going environment with sound staff and a projector with Netflix!

Amazing 'homely' feeling hostel, with friendly and helpfull staff. Full usage of a kitchen and fridge, place to chill out on sofas and meet other travelers, and in a really good location. Bathrooms were generally ok, and the rooms were nice, but a bit hot and noisy due to the trams through the night. Only slight downside was a lack of secure bag storage, but staff were always around keeping an eye on things. Definitely recommend as a really ''chill out'' type hostel.