Big Fish Las Palmas Hostel Reviews

Sargento Llagas 34, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Spain

I had a great experience staying at the Big Fish. It's on the beach, clean, comfortable and fun hostel. There's a big kitchen, a rooftop terrace and a living room where you can make friends and have fun.

• 8th Apr 2015

We had the best time at Big Fish! It's really clean, the staff are great, there's a 24-hour reception service, AND it's less than a one minute walk from the beach. It's in a cool area, right on the boardwalk - so there are always things to do and see. To top it off, the hostel offers an incredible day-long tour of the island for only 20 euros...you have to do this! It was by far the highlight of our time spent in Gran Canaria.

• 7th Apr 2015

Not bad for a night, i was in the bottom dorm which is close to the enterence so that got a bit loud with people coming and going. Staff were great and the lounge area is very nice.

Everything was just perfect. :) I loved the staff, the atmosphere and the location the most.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Hungary

The location is excellent - the hostel is right next to the beach as well as a short walk away from Santa Catalina Park where buses from airport arrive. The staff is friendly and they organize some nice common events such as dinner, tapas nights in the old town and day trips with hostel van around the island. All this for very affordabable prices. The hostel is in a four storey building. Two grocery stores, Spar and HiperDino are a short walk away adding more value to this hostel's location.

Overall a very nice hostel. It has a very laid back, hippie feel to it. The staff seems kind of disorganized. We tried to rent bikes one day and the bikes didn't work. One didn't have a petal, two were too big and too rusty to put the seats lower. So if youre short I don't recommend renting bikes.

The best youth hostel I've ever seen in all my travels ! So cool ! It's like a dream. I would stay here all my life if I could.

It is a really nice hostel, close to the beach and bus station. The atmosphere is excellent, go there if you like people and good company. The staff is really helpful. Kitchen and bathroom are nice and clean. Highly recommend this hostel

Very nice hostel! One of the best we've been to. Nice staff, right next to the beach and a great rooftop terrace! :)

Thanks a alot again for the great Pasta !!!! And for the nice trip to Roque Nublo and the familiar atmosphere at the hostel :D

Great location. Short walk from the bus station. Shops, cafés, and the beach just outside the hostel. Hostel - bathroom and showers especially, are very modern and very clean. Staff were friendly. Rooftop terrace to hangout. Movies. Music. Well-equipped kitchen. I am rarely ever impressed by anything, but Big Fish was a winner for me. Will be returning soon.

I enjoyed it so much to hang out on the roof-top terrace and in the common area. If you are interested in meeting people, then you should definitely go there. Staff is so friendly and helpful. Returning back to the hostel in the afternoon I always had the feeling of coming home. Only point of criticism: the dorms could be bigger. But still I give 100%.

The hostel is well located, right by the beach. Staff was friendly. However the rooms are really small (almost couldn't walk with peoples stuff around) and it wasn't very clean. The hostel also smells like food.

ok Hostel, but not it felt kind of stiff, and not very personal. Some of the staff was kind of weird and High most of the time, but helpful when you asked. the bathrooms were clean but you couldn't shower if someone was using shower downstairs as the water pressure was too bad. I think a redecoration of the place with more color and more personal style would help the place a lot as to the feel of it especially the terrace that has a lot of potential. had booked 7days but ended up staying 2 night

Incredible hostel! As soon as we arrived at Big Fish, the team were so welcoming & made us feel at home. Good sized beds, clean, sunny dorm rooms, and fun shared spaces to hang out. One of my highlights was sitting on the rooftop, in the evening, looking out over the ocean, and playing guitar. I look forward to coming back again soon! I recommend this as one of my favourite hostels in Europe! Thanks to Vicky, Sylvia, Emma & the whole team x

While located conveniently, I made the mistake of staying during the week. With the construction going on next door from 7 am in the morning, with an enormous noise, it was impossible to get a good nights sleep. Also, there are not enough showers, so we had to wait a long time every morning.

• 19th Nov 2014

Great hostel, really fun staff and atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly and it felt like a big group home

• 7th Nov 2014