Fabulous 399 Total Reviews
Fabulous 399 Total Reviews
Big Fish Las Palmas Hostel Located at Sargento Llagas 34, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria.
Spain
Gran Canaria Las Palmas 35007 Sargento Llagas 34, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
89% 399
28.1404942 -15.4353914
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd May 2016

Perfect location with amazing staff. The staff organise regular trips out based on requests of what people want to do which was really fun. Good atmosphere in the hostel. Value for money!!

18th May 2016
8.0

The rooms where a bit crammed with little lockers, and also only had two bathrooms for the whole hostel. Other than that the staff was friendly and location could not be beat.

8th May 2016
6.3

We expected our stay at Big Fish to be wonderful but faced disappointment upon check in. The staff was somewhat absent and not helpful at all - aside from CJ who was absolutely wonderful! Unfortunately his last night was our first but his recommendations allowed us to save money while enjoying a great stay in Gran Canaria. The facility was cluttered and messy (food & dishes left on the kitchen counter and coffee table, mostly from staff members, for hours). However, location was great!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016
5.4

The hostel did not meet my expectations for the following reasons. The staff appeared drunk or high majority of the time, the rooms were very cramped, the office would not accept cards but when we paid cash, they never had enough change for us, and it just felt dirty throughout the building. One new employee was especially rude to one of my friends, a customer, and she ended up leaving early.

• USA, Male, 18-24
15th Apr 2016

Thank you to the staff of Big Fish Hostel for being great and friendly hosts during our visit. The location could not have been more perfect, right near Playa de Canteras. Everyone we met was so nice and willing to go the extra mile to help us with whatever we needed. If I make it back out to Gran Canaria again, I would stay here again because it is a great base to go from to explore the island. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who passes through Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2016

Lovely hostel with great staff. They organize everyday some sort of group activity (sangria night, movie, etc.). +: Kitchen easy to use. Beach 20 meters away only. - : There is a lot of sand on the floor and under the matress.

27th Mar 2016

Amazing hostel! Very easy to meet people and the rooftop BBQ was great! I think this is the best hostel in Las Palmas!

24th Mar 2016

Really brilliant hostel, and I've stayed in a lot. Lots of staff who are friendly and helpful, activities every evening/day (cheap Tapas and night out every Thursday), right next to the beach and a roof top terrace with a BBQ. Hire a car (doyouspain.com) and drive the GC200 coast road and then cut inland on the GC210- one of the most impressive drives I've ever done.

• hunsdale122
  • Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
24th Mar 2016

Nothing bad to report about this place! The staff are incredible, and will assist with every request. They are up for hanging out and so are most people I met there. Met so many good people and done a lot of fun things with people I met here. As a solo traveler it was an optimum experience. I had the first two nights booked then postponed my stay to 7 days. Highly recommended!

• USA, Female, 18-24
21st Mar 2016

The staff was super friendly and helpful! Everyone you met at Big Fish was so nice! I love that they do activities with you and set up excursions and family meals! I would recommend this place without a doubt! They offer a kitchen that anyone can use.If you get in the showers in the morning they're warm but if you wait until later in the day they're chilly. The beds were comfy and the rooms, though could be a bit crowded with all the luggage and people,were cozy. I would defiantly go back!