Big Fish Las Palmas Hostel Reviews

Sargento Llagas 34, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Spain

The best youth hostel I've ever seen in all my travels ! So cool ! It's like a dream. I would stay here all my life if I could.

It is a really nice hostel, close to the beach and bus station. The atmosphere is excellent, go there if you like people and good company. The staff is really helpful. Kitchen and bathroom are nice and clean. Highly recommend this hostel

Very nice hostel! One of the best we've been to. Nice staff, right next to the beach and a great rooftop terrace! :)

Thanks a alot again for the great Pasta !!!! And for the nice trip to Roque Nublo and the familiar atmosphere at the hostel :D

Great location. Short walk from the bus station. Shops, cafés, and the beach just outside the hostel. Hostel - bathroom and showers especially, are very modern and very clean. Staff were friendly. Rooftop terrace to hangout. Movies. Music. Well-equipped kitchen. I am rarely ever impressed by anything, but Big Fish was a winner for me. Will be returning soon.

I enjoyed it so much to hang out on the roof-top terrace and in the common area. If you are interested in meeting people, then you should definitely go there. Staff is so friendly and helpful. Returning back to the hostel in the afternoon I always had the feeling of coming home. Only point of criticism: the dorms could be bigger. But still I give 100%.

The hostel is well located, right by the beach. Staff was friendly. However the rooms are really small (almost couldn't walk with peoples stuff around) and it wasn't very clean. The hostel also smells like food.

ok Hostel, but not it felt kind of stiff, and not very personal. Some of the staff was kind of weird and High most of the time, but helpful when you asked. the bathrooms were clean but you couldn't shower if someone was using shower downstairs as the water pressure was too bad. I think a redecoration of the place with more color and more personal style would help the place a lot as to the feel of it especially the terrace that has a lot of potential. had booked 7days but ended up staying 2 night

Incredible hostel! As soon as we arrived at Big Fish, the team were so welcoming & made us feel at home. Good sized beds, clean, sunny dorm rooms, and fun shared spaces to hang out. One of my highlights was sitting on the rooftop, in the evening, looking out over the ocean, and playing guitar. I look forward to coming back again soon! I recommend this as one of my favourite hostels in Europe! Thanks to Vicky, Sylvia, Emma & the whole team x

While located conveniently, I made the mistake of staying during the week. With the construction going on next door from 7 am in the morning, with an enormous noise, it was impossible to get a good nights sleep. Also, there are not enough showers, so we had to wait a long time every morning.

• 19th Nov 2014

Great hostel, really fun staff and atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly and it felt like a big group home

• 7th Nov 2014

Fantastic location in Las Canteras, really friendly and helpful staff headed up by Vicky , the manager. The hostel had a really good atmosphere and guests joined in the general bonhomie. Roof top terrace provided a relaxing haven to read, admire the views across to Tenerife, read, drink beer and chat , as the mood dictated. Las Canteras has an excellent beach, surf and a reef as well as the full range of bars, shops, restaurants and, my favourite, churrerias!

View all Gran Canaria Hostels