Big Fish Las Palmas Hostel Reviews

Sargento Llagas 34, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Spain

I enjoyed it so much to hang out on the roof-top terrace and in the common area. If you are interested in meeting people, then you should definitely go there. Staff is so friendly and helpful. Returning back to the hostel in the afternoon I always had the feeling of coming home. Only point of criticism: the dorms could be bigger. But still I give 100%.

The hostel is well located, right by the beach. Staff was friendly. However the rooms are really small (almost couldn't walk with peoples stuff around) and it wasn't very clean. The hostel also smells like food.

ok Hostel, but not it felt kind of stiff, and not very personal. Some of the staff was kind of weird and High most of the time, but helpful when you asked. the bathrooms were clean but you couldn't shower if someone was using shower downstairs as the water pressure was too bad. I think a redecoration of the place with more color and more personal style would help the place a lot as to the feel of it especially the terrace that has a lot of potential. had booked 7days but ended up staying 2 night

Incredible hostel! As soon as we arrived at Big Fish, the team were so welcoming & made us feel at home. Good sized beds, clean, sunny dorm rooms, and fun shared spaces to hang out. One of my highlights was sitting on the rooftop, in the evening, looking out over the ocean, and playing guitar. I look forward to coming back again soon! I recommend this as one of my favourite hostels in Europe! Thanks to Vicky, Sylvia, Emma & the whole team x

While located conveniently, I made the mistake of staying during the week. With the construction going on next door from 7 am in the morning, with an enormous noise, it was impossible to get a good nights sleep. Also, there are not enough showers, so we had to wait a long time every morning.

• 19th Nov 2014

Great hostel, really fun staff and atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly and it felt like a big group home

• 7th Nov 2014

Fantastic location in Las Canteras, really friendly and helpful staff headed up by Vicky , the manager. The hostel had a really good atmosphere and guests joined in the general bonhomie. Roof top terrace provided a relaxing haven to read, admire the views across to Tenerife, read, drink beer and chat , as the mood dictated. Las Canteras has an excellent beach, surf and a reef as well as the full range of bars, shops, restaurants and, my favourite, churrerias!

It was a great stay at Big Fish. Staff was very friendly and the atmosphere excellent to meet people. The excellent location allowed to have a quick access to the beach, and the snorkels provided in the hostel were just right! Just LOVE IT

Lovely chilled spot right on the beach. €6.25 and about an hour away on the bus from touristy Playa del Ingles. Staff were really warm and always invited me and my gf for local activities and nights out.

• 17th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, perfect location and really helpfull staff!

One thing to improve: Bed sheets were not really clean and the pillows were REALLY dirty which we saw after removing the pillowcase.

View all Gran Canaria Hostels