Big Fish Las Palmas Reviews

Sargento Llagas 34, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain

The staff were incredibly friendly and even lent me towels to go to the beach after I had checked out - looking after my stuff for the most part of the day too. The roof terrace was gorgeous and really like how many events they had to offer. Really great place to stay and great value for money! Couldn't recommend more for the young traveller looking for fun and comfort.

Great place to stay! Amazing staff/volunteers! Great rooftop! Really good location just a few steps from the beach away. They have everything you need, very helpful. The 4-bed dorm is a little bit noise on weekends evening due to the bars on the street, so if you're planning to go to bed early, you might choose another room!

• 31st Mar 2014

Loved to stay there! Just next to the sea, view of the waves, lovely roof terrace, great eqquipped for a hostel, still in contact with the staff, trip to the heart of the island was also stunning, helped me out with everything, eg examples on places to visit, how to get to the airport at 5 am or going to partys together. Im sure I will come back and do more hairbraides!!! :) Thank you and keep smiling! :)

Clean kitchen, friendly staff, no hot water 3/4 mornings and noisy guests all night but it was carnival so to be expected ;-)

• 1st Mar 2014

The staff really go above and beyond to make guests feel at home in the comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. The location is fantastic, footsteps from the beach! My favourite place was the rooftop terrace, the views were incredible. Activities are planned for most days and day trips to other "not to miss" parts of the island, which are ideal for the lone traveller. This is one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed in especially for the price. I really hope to come back one day :-)

• 23rd Feb 2014

One of the best hostels i've ever been! Friendly staff, super clean and perfect location! I had a great time and there was always something to do! I definitely recommend it, 'cause u'll have an amazing time!! Thanks guys, I'll be back soon (:

• 11th Feb 2014

Guys thank you so much for great time in the hostel.Bea, Kasia, Eleanor,Regi, Latzi, Kie- really great staff! They always have found something to do for guest, even that I traveled alone I wasn't bored even one minute. Hostel is amazing, clean, the location is great. I've stayed there 7 nights- really worth it and highly recommended.

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Poland

Party hostel

Thank you for your comment! We organize activities and programs for every day, sometimes even more for one day. We have different type of activities, trying to find occupation for all of our guests. We organize walking tours, museum visits, sunset tours, day trips, we organize dinners, cocktail nights, we organize sport events (volley ball,football,frizbi,running,surfing,kayaking, limbing..) we also organize movie nights and BBQs... we are NOT a party hostel :) but WE DO parties as well :)

One of the best hostels I have ever been to! Cozy, colourful, very close to the port, the bus station, the commercial area and the sea promenade. The staff (also the former staff) are friendly and do make an effort to make people get to know each other and make friends with many different activities, which is great for single travellers. It will make you want to come back!

We think that this place fits 18-19 years old backpackers who want to meet new people, rather than older people that need a place to sleep. The atmosphere is juvenile. Some of the volunteering staff was very helpfull and friendly, while other were a bit to relaxed in their profession.

In January this hostel seems to be run by Englishmen (and -women) who live in Las Palmas for parties and surfing. The hostel itself is rather small but located right by the Las Canteras beach (1 house away!). The staff was almost always completely wasted/doped and they even tolerated partying at 4 am. Not cool! The kitchen was too small for 15 people but the decorations were all very comforting, just as the room. Definitely a party hostel, not worth staying in otherwise.

Many thanks for a great start to my Canaries trip. Thanks also contacting me regarding my forgotten belongings. The team made an above average effort to make you feel welcome with trips, communal meals, quiz....Hope to see you again

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Wales

I was in the ground floor room at the front of the hostel and that meant a fair bit of noise from outside.

• 11th Jan 2014

Everything was excellent with some dramatic nights I had there, indeed it was lots of fun! Had good time in big fish with everyone since I am an adventurous gal loves drama and funny stories!! Hope to see u guys soonxx Echo

Best hostel in all of the Canary islands! Great staff, great location and very clean. Also love the terrace!

Really nice atmosphere with activities every day and nice people. Good contact between guests. If you want to have fun it is the right place. No problems with sleep. Quiet after 11 o´clock p m. 20 mtrs to the beach. It was rather dirty though so if you do not like bacterias you ought to choose something else.

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

I was staying at the Big Fish for 3 days in january. the staff was very friendly and helpful. I like this hostel because it's directly (well there is just one house infront) at the beach. There is a terrace where you can chill. The staff organises cool Events like Pasta night, bbq rum factory visit.... Big Fish is thbest place to be in Las Palmas! Especially for surfers

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Too short time being there to be more precise concerning the assessment.

I've been in several hostels in Las Palmas and I can truly say Big Fish in THE BEST ONE. Awesome place with great staff and atmosphere! Cool activities everyday...day trips...renting discounts....perfect kitchen facilities....and generally clean Simply the place to be if you want to enjoy this city.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Greece

The hostel was amazing! Fun staff, great location, easy-going feeling. Nice rooftop chill spot and porch; friendly for solo travelers, big groups, and families. They offer alot of cheap day trips with their van that are worth going on to see all of the island. Would definitely stay here again!

• 25th Dec 2013