Big Hostel Reviews

212 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills, Sydney, Australia

Staff was friendly and helpful. The lounge area was just full of people on phones not talking. Had a single room, should have stayed at a hotel for similar price.

• 25th Jan 2016

I only stayed here for one night, but that was long enough. The hostel rooms were incredibly messy and dirty. My bed had a crumpled up blanket thrown on it when I arrived. The staff were not overly friendly or helpful and the night staff was incredibly rude. I have stayed in many hostels before and have never had such a bad experience. Would not recommend.

One of the least friendly and helpful staff I have ever met at a hostel.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Vietnam

Good location and some helpful members of staff. air con had been broken for weeks - was boiling. Staff put portable AC in room when we asked but this made no difference and broke after a day anyway. We were given no money back nor were we moved room. A member of staff let our airport transfer leave without us - he'd made no attempt to find us or ask it to wait, was rude to us & tried to charge us for it. Aggressively phrased notes from staff all over hostel didn't help atmosphere.

• 21st Jan 2016

Love the cleanliness of the place and comfortable beds,common area is nice kitchen is clean.

Great location. Rooms and bathroom could be cleaner. And the bathrooms are small. Only 3 toilets and 3 showers a lot of females.

Staff were absolutely fantastic and so helpful. We felt really looked after. It's in a fantastic location right by Central station and a short walk from the CBD and easy to get anywhere else in the city. Would definitely recommend or come back here next time in Sydney.

Private rooms are way to expensive for value. Room a stayes in is very basic without windows and very dusty. Hostel is located at a good location and the staff I met is very friendly and welcoming.

• 3rd Jan 2016

WONDERFUL HOSTEL!! I have already told friends to stay there!

Good location. Clean room snd friendly staff.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

The front staff was neither friendly nor useful in terms of information on what to do, not even willing to help.

Good big safety lockers! Beds are fine, overall clean hostel. Free breakfast is good and kitchen is better than in most places. Also one of the rare hostels where kitchen actually stays clean and sink is not full of dirty dishes. Everyone was nice to me, but this is not too social place. Good location, you can walk almost anywhere.

The place is ok and well located. Free breakfast.

This was a friend and I's first ever hostel experience and it was amazing! Staff were so friendly and accomodating. Would very happily come and stay again. The atmosphere was fun and cosy with comfortable beds and great showers 10/10!

• 27th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Extremely helpful staff with a great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• 25th Nov 2015

Nice enough place to stay. Location is good. Kitchen could be cleaner. Rooms and bathrooms very clean. Breakfast is nice.

We had a great stay, thanks for all the assistance during our stay.

• 15th Oct 2015

Bathrooms were really hot and steamy all the time and only 2 toilets on each floor!

Good cheap hostel nice rooms slept really well here. Fairly social also

Having to put on my bed sheet myself is a bit of a turn off especially when I just arrived after a long flight and only the top bunks are available. Luckily that was sometime in the afternoon. Another person in my room arrived late at night and she's doing it with the help of the light from her phone! On a positive note, it is also one way to ensure that my sheets are definitely washed and clean. Pro & con.