Big Hostel Reviews

212 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills, Sydney, Australia

The wifi was a bit hit and miss, it was only in the common room area and getting good connection proved difficult. All other aspects of the hostel are great.

Great value for money, very welcoming staff. Huge lockers to put backpacks in (bring your own lock). The area has everything you need. Would recommend!

• 5th Jul 2014

Good hostel with very nice location. Staff is very helpful.

Kitchen was too small and old, free breakfast is a plus however there wasn't have enough space to sit. Overall is valuable for money to stay with. Like the hot shower very much.

Great hostel, rooms and common areas were very clean. Gave an Average mark for atmosphere due to the fact that a horror movie (Wolf creek) was being played in the lounge room one night at a relatively early hour which led to people feeling very uncomfortable in being in the room and with no place else to sit meant we had to sit in our dorm.

Big hostel is good located right next to the central station. The people are nice and the facilities are very clean. I really enjoyed my stay.

I really loved this place! The people are nice, rooms are huge, beds comfortable, bathrooms an kitchen spacious and clean! You get complimentary breakfast (plenty of toast, cereals, milk, jam, tea and coffee) till 10am. But come back anytime!

In general, it was a great hostel! It even included brekky! It just so happened when I was there, the crowd was a bit cliquey because it's one of the hostels which people tend to live in for long term and they aren't that interested in meeting people traveling through.

Good location, right next to Central, short walk from heart of CBD. Kitchen is a little small, but it works. Glad to have wifi, but it's so slow it may as well not even be there - much better luck with the free unlimited wifi at the pub a few doors down. Also, wish they told me up front they don't give refunds if you want to cancel early - they only give vouchers for you to hold onto for your next stay, or to sell to someone else who might want to stay longer. All in all, recommend. Was alright.

Really nice place, room was good first hostel ive stayed in with a tv in room my only complaint is it was chilly at night with only a thin blanket great otherwise. I didn't get to have tgr complimentary breakfast as I left so early but a great idea really helps the budget

• 1st Jun 2014

Overall I thought this was a really great hostel. I stayed only three nights but I found it really nice to have the complimentary breakfast each morning. In my room there were really spacious lockers but be sure to bring your own lock. In the room there were only a few power outlets and they were not close to my bed at all. Free luggage storage was a plus. Only one common space, crowded evenings. Messy long term residents, their stuff was everywhere. Otherwise place was clean had nice quiet stay

• 30th May 2014

This is a really good hostel. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Bathroom was clean at all times.. The only problem is the small kitchen as it can get very busy in peak times. Great location: close to train station, bus stop, tram line, and only 20 min walk to touristic places like Darling Harbour, Botanic Gardens and Opera House. I'd definitely recommend it.

Everything went very smoothly during my stay. The rooms and facilities were clean and the staff was nice. I never took advantage of the free continental breakfast, but it was a nice option to have available. The location near Central Station is convenient, and the free bus on George Street is only a couple blocks away.

good location quite rooms as common area is on the ground floor free breakfast - awesome i stayed in a female shared room and it has its own little desk and big mirror which is soooo convenient for girls!!!!! unexpected! my room also has hangers and shelf for placing frequently used stuff, which are great!

Staff was friendly and knowledgable, location was great: walking distance to darling harbour and circular quay, a block from train station and grocery stores. My dorm was clean and lockers were provided. cereal and milk, bread and spreads for breakfast. I felt safe and comfortable here and would definitely go back.

Really good place to stay. Free wifi, free breakfast, nice rooms and good showers. I recommend it.

Liked my stay. Very well priced for a hostel that offers so much: free wifi, free breakfast, good location, Nice staff. Not the best atmosphere though, a lot of people living there, not looking to meet people. And the common room was a little small. But i would stay here again :)

Friendly and helpful staff, great location and very clean facilities. Will stay again :)

• 19th May 2014

Brill location, nice rooms with good sized lockers. BUT does there really need to be that many signs around telling you what to do and what not to do?? Really sapped what was left of atmosphere out of the place, which was a shame as the facilities were pretty good.

This was a great place to stay in. Location, cleanliness and staff were great!!! They had wifi which Is also really nice. Breakfast was included and makes a huge differences when traveling in Australia which can get quite expensive. But what I liked the most is that they had strict rules for people to follow during their stay. This for sure makes it a great and respectfull place to stay in!