Big Hostel

Fabulous 857 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 857 Total Reviews

6th Feb 2017

Lovely hostel! Clean, great location, and nice breakfast. I stayed in an 8-bed female dorm and there was plenty of space with large lockers and storage racks. The shared kitchen was huge and the common area was kept very tidy. Quick walk from Central Station as well. Highly recommend for travelers not seeking a party hostel!

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Jan 2017

Very clean hostel, nicely laid out and good facilities to cook your own food. Great location and easy to find! Would definitely stay again here if i was to return to Sydney.

30th Jan 2017
7.4

Good free breakfast, cereals & toast. Staff were nice, wifi can only be used downstairs but it's unlimited, not fast in the evenings though. Daytime speed is fine.overall it was a good hostel and I'd stay again. My only issue is that there were families and kids there. It's a youth hostel, there should be no one under 18 there. Kids whaling in the morning when all you want is quiet whilst you recover from the night before or wake up. Sneezing in the kitchen without covering their mouth. Not good

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
21st Jan 2017

Really great hostel! 5 minute walk to central station which can get you anywhere pretty fast. Everything was clean, kitchen was well equipped. Bathroom was clean and everything worked well. Each person had a nice sized locker in the rooms and there was someone at reception 24/7 so everything felt very secure. Some staff members were great, others were not. Wifi only works in the common area. Atmosphere was so so. Not the easiest place to meet people. Great stay overall!

19th Jan 2017

My favourite hostel in Australia! Really good and free wifi in the common area! The free breakfast is a help yourself thing and there's lots of choice which is great! The staff were so nice, I arrived super early after getting an overnight bus and they let me have the breakfast free that morning! I felt really comfortable and homely here which is exactly what I want from a hostel

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Jan 2017

Wifi only works in lounge space but that wasn't a huge deal as it was a good place to hangout. 24/7 reception was nice. The breakfast was simple but good. My room had six outlets all beside one bed so I couldn't charge my phone by my bed. Lockers are big. Some of the showers didn't work that well. Not too far but decent walk to places you want to see. Had to move from a 4 to an 8 bed even tho I had asked for a 4 a girl who had been paying less than me all week got upgraded to a 4 bed.

17th Jan 2017

I only stayed one night, but I was impressed with the facilities and the room. It was a really nice hostel and I wish I had more than one day there.

12th Jan 2017

If you are in a coed room the bathrooms are coed!! Never experienced that in a hostel before. Extremely nice staff and good location close to Central Station! Overall nice spot for a couple nights but wouldn't want to stay for long period of time!

• England, Couple, 25-30
6th Jan 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here, the en suite bathroom was a luxury. The rooms were clean with lockers big enough for all your belongings and there was even a clothes rail and shelves. The kitchen was well stocked with all you need for cooking and storing your food. There was free breakfast every morning, however I never made it down in time. Check out is 11am. The only downside for me was my bed was so hard and uncomfortable. However I would stay here again.

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Jan 2017

Great location. Girls dorm was big with lots of storage space. Decent size kitchen. Lack of mirrors in bathrooms and rooms means girls have to sometimes compete for space in the mornings/evenings. Would stay here again.