Big John's Chil-axn Boutique Hostel & Seaview BBQ Reviews

360 Ekareach Streat (Victory Hill), Sihanoukville, Cambodia

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this hostel. The biggest dump I've ever seen. I wouldn't bath a pig in their bathroom. Worst hostel to date. Save yourself the trouble.

Great hostel comfy beds, nice rooms and they give you fluffy towels! A long way out of the main backpacker area though! But great value for money for a nights stay!

I route for the underdog... And as you can see I've reviewed well over 40 hostels. Mistake this time! This place is NOT good. My dorm room and bathroom were extremely dirty and smelled worse than anywhere I've ever stayed before. Staff is more concerned with playing pool and on their phones than the guests. Food is alright and decent price. Cheap stay if you can tolerate the dirty conditions.

I'm glad she liked the food. The building is getting old and the bathrooms a tired, but that doesn't make them dirty, nor the rooms, nor the bedding. It is the rainy/low/slow season.May-October, and it's hard to keep some of the rooms from smelling a little musty. At least all of our rooms have windows, even if they do need to be kept closed at this time of year, and all of our beds have inner spring mattresses unlike the cheap places near by with no windows and latex foam to sweat in.

The pool is actually just a paddling pool and you never really see anyone around so wouldn't recommend for lone travellers. We rented mopeds nearby and drove in the the town by serendipity beach every night to meet friends which we didn't mind because it was fun.

Motorbike/scooters are cheap to rent and fun to ride. If you spend most of your time out riding around, you're not likely to see many of the other people who stay here. Yes, the pool, serves the function of getting wet and cooling off and is used more by our and local kids.

Not that clean. Room was really hot and only one fan which is not enough for a 8 bed dorm. Also a bit far from the main beach where all the boats to the islands go from. The beach that's close by is not as nice.

No taxi could ever find this place. It's 7km away from town. Only saw 1 other guest. Where was everyone. John was yelling at his staff in front of me. Not to mention, the few staff he has barely speak English and are extremely incompetent. A little 4 yr old child escorted me to my room. It's been a long bus ride, the last thing I want is to follow a kid at a glacial pace and watch as he learns to unlock a door. For the $ you save, you spend more In tuk tuks. I am not "from the competition" btw

Funny, we can be found on google maps? Many people seem to find us without trouble. The kid mentioned is small, but recently turned 9 and helps out when/where/best he can. Sihanoukville is a lot larger than many people imagine or are expecting, with numerous beaches and different areas to drink, dine and party in. All of this information is already available on the internet for those who care to take the time to read and do their homework.

Roof top pool is a little ambiguous. The staff were lovely, but it just wasn't what we expected.

There are places a lot cheaper just two muinets up the road. Dirty , there was always a big croud of men playing pool and playing cards, so there was no place to hang out. The pool is actually a dirty paddling pool and the beach is like a giant litter box , overpriced and rubbish. Don't bother . very sloppy .

View all Sihanoukville Hostels