Big Pineapple Backpackers Bali Reviews

Jalan Tirta Ening Gang Blue Dive, Sanur, Indonesia

GREAT LITTLE HOSTEL WITH POOL AND LOTS OF PLACES TO CHAT AND GET TRAVEL INFO.CLEAN AND QUIET SLEEP.GREAT FACILITIES.WIFI NOT TOO BAD.ONE OF MY FAVORITE BACKPACKERS SO FAR.

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I stayed for a few nights, met some cool people, had a good time. The hostel really has everything you need and the staff is helpful. Recommend!

Just met so many great people,thats what backpacking is all about.It might not be a brand new hostel but for me it was perfect in every way.Plus hell yes its in the budget with free drinking water,coffee and tea.Recommended.

• 7th Nov 2014

Nice place to start or finish your travel in Indonesia. Friendly staff, cleaning all days.

Such a great place to chill out and meet other travelers doing to the same. TV area is good for lazy days and the pool is nice to take a quick dip in when the heat gets to be too much. Basically the only downside is having to cross a busy street to get to the beach and restaurants. Mia is really great and helped me when I needed to receive a package after I'd already left Big Pineapple. Great hostel!

In 13 months of traveling this is actually the second time I feel I want to add a review. The place is nice and there are 2 girls all day long cleaning and try to keep it as goon as possible. The secretary helps u whenever possible for all the problem u could have. A pretty good hostel with good ppl on it! Go bigpineapple!

Hi Alberto,thanks for the great review and your kind words,you also were a pleasure to have stay with us.The fact is that 90% + of our guests enjoy their stay with us,but mostly the people who really had a great time don't put a review,the bad reviews usually come from the odd weird guest we have stay and mostly we know who they are even before they put a review because they never mix with other guests.Thanks for taking the time to add your comment,enjoy the rest of your travels.Regards Mia

Would definitely recommend big pineapple! Super friendly hostel and owner helped us organise day trips and boat transfers to gili so it was all really easy! There is a pool and a nice tv area to chill at night. You have to cross a really busy road to get to the main part of Sanur but you get used to it! Rooms and bathrooms are basic but they are perfect for what you need!

Both bathrooms in the dorm smelled very bad. No locks on the door. Wifi was always superslow and didn't really work. Staff was very nice and helpful, but wouldn't recommend it. Many of the backpackers was complaining and left after just one night, even though they were booked for several days.

Your comment is very strange because you came back twice.The fact is most people extend, who are still here have stayed more than 3 weeks. I BELIEVE your review is low because you tried not to pay and I had to ask many times for your payment.Also you didn't want to leave a deposit on the Towel and locker key.No body left early unless they went to the Gili Island and then returned.Plus the fact is you never mixed with any other guests.Mia

It has a pool, which is a bonus and sadly I didn't get to try. No keys to the place or your dorm room really. There were 3 lockers in the 4 bed dorm I was staying in and they were full by the time I arrived, although there are lockers available upon request. Atmosphere is nice, the living and kitchen areas are big enough to fit plenty & cozy enough to get people talking and getting to know each other. Wifi is limited per day, per person. Great location, nearby cheap food and the beach.

Really great hostel! I would go to Sanur just to stay there. They clean and make the beds every day. Side note (nothing to do with the hostel itself): beware of the laundry service next door! They lost a bunch of our stuff, have us other people's stuff, and seriously stained my only nice ($70) dress...

We ended up staying four night here as we really liked the social part of the hostel. It had a pool, a film area and three tables to sit around! Location is okay, as it's only a small walk to the beach but it does fail to mention that the short walk is across a really busy highway! Shower rooms and toilets are pretty basic but seem to be checked and cleaned everyday. Would definitely recommend.

• 6th Oct 2014

I really liked the hostel. You get to meet a lot of people in the common area. They even have a nice (small) swimming pool, TV area an kitchen! The beach is on the other side of the big road, it's busy but okay. Very nice and cheap warung close by. Had lockers in room!

For the price best I found.Can own cooking,pool,huge TV Lounge,many area to sit and chat.Pluss free drink water n coffee.Cleaned all day by lots of girl staff.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

My friend and I had a wonderful time at pineapple,everything was just perfect for us.Thanks we will come back again when in Bali

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Great cheap place to stay in sanur with cheap food right across the street and a great vibe with the otheres that i met.

Very nice hostel, very sociable and good atmosphere. There is a good laundry and place to buy beers just a few metres down the road. The dorms are clean and for the price its very good if you are in the sanur area.

Great Hostel, Some days it was hard to find a person to talk to that actually ran the hostel, but you WILL get an answer, just maybe not that day :)

Great place to stay,has pool,kitchen,drink water,lots of areas to sit and talk.Big screen TV with 100's great movies.Super clean.The only thing is the staff are a bit slack but I think the manager was on holidays.Im come back after Lembongan.

• 9th Aug 2014

The facilities were great (TV room, pool, kitchen) but there is a highway between you and the beach. You might be able to get free accommodations too... while we were there, the receptionist and her husband got into a loud, glass-smashing argument waking everyone up. It worked out well though for some because the receptionist split for at least four days, so people couldn't pay! Unfortunate if you want to book anything through them! Sonny is a good driver BUT DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING THROUGH HIM!!

It's a great hostel with lovely staff. There is a lot of space to hang out with other travellers. It's close to the best bar in Sanur - Linga Longa Bar, just a few minutes walking to the beach. It's great!