Big Pineapple Backpackers Bali Reviews

Jalan Tirta Ening Gang Blue Dive, Sanur, Indonesia

My friend and I had a wonderful time at pineapple,everything was just perfect for us.Thanks we will come back again when in Bali

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Great cheap place to stay in sanur with cheap food right across the street and a great vibe with the otheres that i met.

• 29th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, very sociable and good atmosphere. There is a good laundry and place to buy beers just a few metres down the road. The dorms are clean and for the price its very good if you are in the sanur area.

Great Hostel, Some days it was hard to find a person to talk to that actually ran the hostel, but you WILL get an answer, just maybe not that day :)

Great place to stay,has pool,kitchen,drink water,lots of areas to sit and talk.Big screen TV with 100's great movies.Super clean.The only thing is the staff are a bit slack but I think the manager was on holidays.Im come back after Lembongan.

• 9th Aug 2014

The facilities were great (TV room, pool, kitchen) but there is a highway between you and the beach. You might be able to get free accommodations too... while we were there, the receptionist and her husband got into a loud, glass-smashing argument waking everyone up. It worked out well though for some because the receptionist split for at least four days, so people couldn't pay! Unfortunate if you want to book anything through them! Sonny is a good driver BUT DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING THROUGH HIM!!

It's a great hostel with lovely staff. There is a lot of space to hang out with other travellers. It's close to the best bar in Sanur - Linga Longa Bar, just a few minutes walking to the beach. It's great!

Good hostel to meet people. Although I lost my glasses at this hostel and they are impossible to contact!!! No number and don't respond to emails! Please respond!!?? Also the 4 bed ac room is connected to the fan room so if you want to save a buck book the fan room!

Nice and clean hostel with AC and warm showers. Good place to meet new people as the common area is always crowded. The beach and restaurants are at walking distance.

Nice hostel, but the staff is not always around.. 15 minute walk to the beach and i think it was a 20 minute walk to the city centre. You have to bring your own lock for the locker. The showers were not hot but its okay for Bali. The atmosphere is perfect! Especially when you travel alone! I met a lot of people and hired a car with some people i met over there to go to the tanah lot and uluwatu

Good Hostel if you are travelling alone,easy meet new buddies and travel around together.It has all you need with a few free things like drinking water and coffee.Very clean and big dorms.If it was on the beach would be the best ever,but you have to cross a busy road and then everything is close.Will return for sure.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

I just loved it.Thats that

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

We had no light in the room. No security at all - room date not locked. Random people were coming to our room to leave stuff in the lockers... Difficult to find it. We looked for 30 minute and no signs from both directions. No staff at all during the day. Apparently they are paying 150$ for the fastest internet which didn't work at all!

Hello Joanna,we do not have control over the electricity that goes off in Bali,its just a way of life here.It also means there is no Internet whilst the power is off.It is impossible for random people to use the lockers as each guest has their own locker.We send everyone a map and directions when they book.Please open the welcome email.Dont just rely on Taxi drivers in Bali to find anywhere,plus they just want extra money and drive around and around.SOMETIMES THE REVIEWS ARE MORE ABOUT THE GUEST

Lovely place to stay! It is easy to learn new people and it is nearby the beach. I would recommend this hostel in Sanur.

• 6th Jul 2014

Hi Kimberley,thanks for the awesome review,you were such a great guest and I hope you return soon.Regards Mia

Great atmosphere and close to the beach!

Hi Thomas,thanks for the great review,hope to see you again soon.Regards Mia

The hostel was ok for the price. However, there was no key for the dorm rooms, and that doesn't feel very safe...

Hi Elena,thanks for the review,we did have the key option for everyone but so many guests lost the keys and most don't like to leave a deposit.There are big individual lockers for everyone.8 CCTV cameras and Security guard of a night.No one has had a theft here in our years of operating,so we hope that continues.Enjoy the rest of your trip.Regards Mia

Fijne plek om te verblijven, schone kamers en goede douche. Eventjes lopen naar het strand, niet ver. Gezamelijke keuken met koelkast aanwezig.

We came to the Big Pineapple and it was exactly as described, really enjoyed the social scene, actually this is what really sets this Hostel apart from others. The pool, TV room, FREE DRINKING WATER, and the ability to do your own cooking- all great add-ons. All in all one of the better hostels we have stayed. VALUE for money. I don’t understand how anyone could give less than 90% for this little gem, maybe they have never been backpacking before! Will return for sure:)

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Belgium

This dorm is by far the best I've ever seen. not only you get a bed but also all day tea. a space in the fridge to put your stuff. a stove to cook!! The place has many security cameras so I felt pretty secure. still you have a locker if you needed one. rooms are cleaned everyday. aside from that Maya - the owner - is super friendly and really helpful. atmosphere is good. Would definitely go there if I went to Sanur/Bali again

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Egypt

Hi Ramast,thanks so much for the awesome review,some guests like you are such a pleasure to have at our Hostel and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels in Cambodia.Regards Mia

PROS: Great place if you're traveling alone and want to meet people to hang out with for the day. Also booked a cheap trip to gili t through the hostel. Saw the staff thoroughly clean the hostel both days I was there. Nice place, I loved the layout and the atmosphere. Would definitely come back! CONS: bathrooms were stinky (seems to be normal in Indonesia though). Wifi was poor and wouldn't work at night.

• 5th Jun 2014

Hi Sarah,thanks for taking the time to put a review,I wished you had told me about the smell from the showers and which one,because we pay BIO MICROBE to spray twice a month so we don't have that problem.If you could email me and tell me which shower that would be great.We also pay for the BEST WiFi available in Bali,but we know it has problems,I hope in the future it can be fixed.Anyway enjoy the rest of your travels,it was nice having u stay with us.Regards Mia

« first « Prev 1 2 3